CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the HLN show about the site where bodies found. The expert says tanks probably not heated and explained he could have used the flow tank to side. I took a screenshot for my question . This site is extremely remote and gated . Did he have keys to enter it? Did he break in ? Did he carry them ? IMO no way he could carry them look at the distance . Perhaps IMO if he had keys that is premeditated
Thank you for the video. The location is pretty remote, more than I thought, he really did think this through and who knows how often these tanks are serviced? It could have been months before their remains were discovered, if ever?!

Thank you for the video. The location is pretty remote, more than I thought, he really did think this through and who knows how often these tanks are serviced? It could have been months before their remains were discovered, if ever?!
Yes, I appreciated looking at the video too. The area is nothing like I imagined. I was way off base in my assumptions of the "oil tank." That place is remote and huge. Thanks for posting.

jmo

Yes, I appreciated looking at the video too. The area is nothing like I imagined. I was way off base in my assumptions of the "oil tank." That place is remote and huge. Thanks for posting.

jmo
I wonder if they had surveillance. I work for a gas and electric company and we have very remote substations and there is surveillance at all of them. They are very secured and locked up but we still have cameras everywhere.

I am SO CURIOUS about their Alexa as well. Apparently, they did have one. Did CW unplug it before the attack?

I was visiting my son and his family on Sunday and asked them a zillion questions about their Alexa.

My DIL said she thinks it would hold some clues for IT guys to try and unlock. She said that the company claims that Alexa only records and 'pays attention' when someone says 'Alexa...'

But she says that is not true. They have had creepy experiences, as she calls it. Alexa will just chime in on their conversations, uninvited.

Like last week my son did a load of laundry, [ I raised a nice son...] and he called out to his wife, saying 'we are out of detergent' ....and Alexa said ' shall I reorder laundry detergent..?'' So she was listening...

And one night at dinner their 3 yr old was looking at the back cover of one of her books, and said ' I want Lady Bug Girl and the Rescue Dog ' Book ...and Alexa piped in and said 'shall I order ....

So my DIL said that Alexa is lurking and listening, even when not called by name. The question is, how long are those recordings kept for retrieval?

Hopefully, LE looked into that immediately.
I just asked my Alexa-
"Alexa, do you have a recording ability?"
She said "Hmmmm, I don't know that."
LOL

I wonder if they had surveillance. I work for a gas and electric company and we have very remote substations and there is surveillance at all of them. They are very secured and locked up but we still have cameras everywhere.

You would think if that were the case that since he worked there he would know that there are security cameras.

No one has mentioned this before, that I saw, but what was the seminar about that Shanann went to? I know it was about the Thrive business. But were any additional goals laid out? Such as, sell (or buy yourself) $7,500 in a month and get another vacation? Anything that could have put more pressure on an already, apparently, strained relationship?

I'm just curious because we have talked about pretty much everything else and we need something new to talk about.

Also, I haven't seen many posts by Shanann's friend. Did I miss them? I saw that someone said her friend verified she was making a lot of money. But does anyone really know how much their friend makes? (I thought my friend was making a lot of money once but she was using credit cards and already filed for bankruptcy once.)

You would think if that were the case that since he worked there he would know that there are security cameras.
He would have known. He would also have known if there was a GPS tracker on his truck. We have them on our technicians' trucks and they think that we go in and see if they are speeding or taking long lunches. But we don't.

I too, have an Alexa. As soon as I saw SW’s I asked about LE taking in for recordings. (Thread 1?)
Ours often pops into conversations uninvited but I didn’t know if one of us may have said the wake word “Alexa” in error because my daughters name happens to be Alex/Alexandra.
Mine goes off uninvited too when our TV is on. She says 'Sorry, I don't know that one'.
I say you get Google if anyone in your household is named anything close to Alex---. Alexa will constantly wake up and drive you crazy.
And don't name your child 'Google'.

Last edited:
I want to revisit the doll situation, that I was discussing in the previous thread. There is no way a 3 and a 4 year old arranged that doll like that. There was even a head shaped part at the top, with the feet sticking out the bottom. If the kids did that, the shape was the biggest coincidence ever....particularly in hindsight. Which is why I don’t really believe in coincidences that big.

I want to revisit the doll situation, that I was discussing in the previous thread. There is no way a 3 and a 4 year old arranged that doll like that. There was even a head shaped part at the top, with the feet sticking out the bottom. If the kids did that, the shape was the biggest coincidence ever....particularly in hindsight. Which is why I don’t really believe in coincidences that big.

Agree. Totally possibly SW put the doll like that as a last cry for help before something awful. IMO

I just asked my Alexa-
"Alexa, do you have a recording ability?"
She said "Hmmmm, I don't know that."
LOL

Even phones are starting to “listen”, honestly. The other day I was in the same room as some others talking about Renaissance Faire. That night when I got home, an ad for Renaissance Faire came up on my Instagram. A few weeks ago I was talking to my 18 year old about underage drinking. Thirty minutes later I opened Facebook and there was an advertisement for something about legal alcohol use. It is really super creepy, and more and more people are noticing it!

No one has mentioned this before, that I saw, but what was the seminar about that Shanann went to? I know it was about the Thrive business. But were any additional goals laid out? Such as, sell (or buy yourself) $7,500 in a month and get another vacation? Anything that could have put more pressure on an already, apparently, strained relationship?

I'm just curious because we have talked about pretty much everything else and we need something new to talk about.

Also, I haven't seen many posts by Shanann's friend. Did I miss them? I saw that someone said her friend verified she was making a lot of money. But does anyone really know how much their friend makes? (I thought my friend was making a lot of money once but she was using credit cards and already filed for bankruptcy once.)

From what the friend told me in a previous thread, she was making good money, but couldn't put a percentage on how much she got from total sales because is varied.

There is Narcissistic Personality Disorder--and I agree everyone has at least a little bit of narcissism--and then there's the Dark Triad. I know not every murderer possesses the Dark Triad, but I'm inclined to think CW might just be one of those individuals.

Not sure what the Dark Triad is?

According to the DSM-V: “Many highly successful individuals display personality traits that might be considered narcissistic. Only when these traits are inflexible, maladaptive, and persisting and cause significant functional impairment or subjective distress do they constitute narcissistic personality disorder."

Due to the high-functionality associated with narcissism, some people may not view it as an impairment in their lives.

Although overconfidence tends to make individuals with NPD ambitious, it does not necessarily lead to success and high achievement professionally. These individuals may be unwilling to compete or may refuse to take any risks in order to avoid appearing like a failure.

In addition, their inability to tolerate setbacks, disagreements, or criticism, along with lack of empathy, make it difficult for such individuals to work cooperatively with others or to maintain long-term professional relationships with superiors and colleagues.”

Agree. Totally possibly SW put the doll like that as a last cry for help before something awful. IMO

I mean, the way she posted it did not SEEM like she had done it on purpose. But I guess it’s possible, sort of, as a veiled message...???? But honestly, if she really felt threatened enough to post a super creepy photo, she should have never gone back home, and she should have never left the girls behind.

I still suspect Dad. I think Dad did it, and when Mom showed up in the living room, he said, “Look what the girls did.”.

Who knows, maybe he was playing it out in his head to see if he could go through with it.

I mean, the way she posted it did not SEEM like she had done it on purpose. But I guess it’s possible, sort of, as a veiled message...???? But honestly, if she really felt threatened enough to post a super creepy photo, she should have never gone back home, and she should have never left the girls behind.

I still suspect Dad. I think Dad did it, and when Mom showed up in the living room, he said, “Look what the girls did.”.

Who knows, maybe he was playing it out in his head to see if he could go through with it.

Is it possible Dad did it during "play" with the girls, getting them used to it for when the time came for him to do it for real ? I hate even thinking that, not to mention typing it, but was he creating a scenario where he could say come on let's play that game like we did with the doll ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine