CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went to study the news articles on the family and am shocked at how quickly the story about "this gay lover" has literally spread across the entire world! So many news sources are quoting the interview and the average person who reads it are going to take it as 100 % fact. I am really surprised that that the show allowed it to run and be unverified. I am in NO way a CW supporter,but I hate that this is becoming a huge circus,before the funeral of those 4 special people. The focus should be on them..IMO
Absolutely right! The tv show and interviewer should be ashamed. Completely irresponsible for this case in particular and for journalism in general.

We have a WS who posted a link to info about this hoaxer's associate. Just reading the first paragraph convinced me that this "lover" is a con artist.

A danger is that it gives a case for "my client has been railroaded." I hope that doesn't happen, but it's a danger to broadcast a story THAT HASN'T BEEN VERIFIED. For Pete's sake.

As someone posted earlier, WS has higher standards than that show!

I'm really disgusted he was given air time.

jmopinion at the moment

If they did, I don't think CW would be that interested in him and frankly, CW could do better. (Geez, that's weird to say considering I think CW is horrible, but I hope you know what I mean.)

Many people have said the same as this about the female co-worker that most believe is the current AP reported in the affidavit. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and isn’t just about appearance though

It is remarkable to me how isolated CW obviously was. He faced the news camaras alone on Tuesday, a day after his family died and he disposed of the bodies in a remote location. From what I can tell, the only family member that flew in to be with him was his father, who didn't arrive until Wednesday morning---more than 48 hours after the loss of his family.

What a tragic figure.

I have thought the same. As a mother, I can't imagine not going and being with my son. Maybe they didn't have money for two plane tickets so just the dad went. Then I have thought maybe, they saw his interview and knew he was lying, so his dad came out to talk him into going to the police. But this long without releasing some kind of statement, says a lot. IMO
I can understand wanting privacy, I can understand them standing by their son, after all no one wants to believe their child could do something like this. What I can't understand is why they haven't had an attorney or a family friend release some kind of statement saying they are devastated by the loss of their grandchildren and would like privacy to grieve. Surely, they loved those little girls, even if they didn't care about SW.

Absolutely right! The tv show and interviewer should be ashamed. Completely irresponsible for this case in particular and for journalism in general.

We have a WS who posted a link to info about this hoaxer's associate. Just reading the first paragraph convinced me that this "lover" is a con artist.

A danger is that it gives a case for "my client has been railroaded." I hope that doesn't happen, but it's a danger to broadcast a story THAT HASN'T BEEN VERIFIED. For Pete's sake.

As someone posted earlier, WS has higher standards than that show!

I'm really disgusted he was given air time.

jmopinion at the moment

I have to admit that I’m a little shocked Ashleigh Banfield would just put a totally unvetted guy on her show to make claims of that magnitude. She is not some amateur reporter.

If he’s a hoaxer, he’s caught the tiger by the tail on this case and he’s going to regret it.

I just went to study the news articles on the family and am shocked at how quickly the story about "this gay lover" has literally spread across the entire world! So many news sources are quoting the interview and the average person who reads it are going to take it as 100 % fact. I am really surprised that that the show allowed it to run and be unverified. I am in NO way a CW supporter,but I hate that this is becoming a huge circus,before the funeral of those 4 special people. The focus should be on them..IMO

They published some up to date findings on news dissemination in the Financial Times over here recently, iirc fake items spread 9 times further & usually they travel quicker.

Also because many media orgs simply don't care ( as always clickbait=£) and others are not equipped to spot false stories or the manipulation of consumers, you see the standards dropping. MSM journalism is in crisis as it's such a competitive market.
It's not like tech companies care about what is spread on their platforms, they're just interested in how much they can flog your data for. ( World's most valuable resource isn't oil now, it's our data. No " free" SM comes for free.)

sorry if that's OT

Last edited:
I have thought the same. As a mother, I can't imagine not going and being with my son. Maybe they didn't have money for two plane tickets so just the dad went. Then I have thought maybe, they saw his interview and knew he was lying, so his dad came out to talk him into going to the police. But this long without releasing some kind of statement, says a lot. IMO
I can understand wanting privacy, I can understand them standing by their son, after all no one wants to believe their child could do something like this. What I can't understand is why they haven't had an attorney or a family friend release some kind of statement saying they are devastated by the loss of their grandchildren and would like privacy to grieve. Surely, they loved those little girls, even if they didn't care about SW.

I've been thinking a lot about this and what I would do if it were MY son. I am pretty sure I would be there with him. I'd be angry and hurt and embarrassed and disappointed, but I would be there with him. There's no way I'd be able to justify what he did but he'd still be my kid. And I think I would definitely make some kind of statement, even if it was a general "We loved our grandchildren and are grieving for their loss, as well as our future grandson's and our daughter in law." Something simple.

I think this goes along with the fact that nobody is really coming out of the woodwork to talk about CW. The main person who has is probably a hoax. This guy doesn't seem to have made much of an impression on anyone, which may have been why he was drawn to SW.

That HLN interview was pure crap from a journalistic point of view. Shameless ratings grab that had zero merit. I'm of the group that while I would not be surprised if CW had many sexual partners of either sex, I do not think this guy was one of them for all of the same reasons everyone else here. He may have been somebody's lovah, but I don't think he was CWs.

MOO

Ok, DAdvocate. Silent after the People article. Pops back in with a handful of "I was wrong, he killed them all" and then silent again. In the meantime, "news" broke about one of the APs being interviewed. Many have asked DAdvocate to explain themselves.....waiting....

<modsnip>

DAdvocate is certainly an intriguing fellow. I still say he knows CW or has some sort of infatuation with him. He never quite replies to that, and I have brought it up 3-4 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people have said the same as this about the female co-worker that most believe is the current AP reported in the affidavit. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and isn’t just about appearance though
Okay.

If you think CW was involved with this hoaxer, I won't disagree with you.

jmo

HOA = "Home Owners Association". AKA "covenant controlled". It's the membership you inadvertently signed up for when you bought a home in a neighborhood that controls: weeds, lawn height, snow removal, home appearance, window coverings, rec centers, trash pick up, color of your home/front door, height of your fence... the list goes on
It's a monthly or yearly FEE you pay to 'ensure' your neighbor doesn't let their front lawn turn to weeds or paint their house baby-puke-green.

Ours isn't too bad. We pay $100/year and all they do is keep up the front entrance of our neighborhood. So HOA control can widely vary.

I've been thinking a lot about this and what I would do if it were MY son. I am pretty sure I would be there with him. I'd be angry and hurt and embarrassed and disappointed, but I would be there with him. There's no way I'd be able to justify what he did but he'd still be my kid. And I think I would definitely make some kind of statement, even if it was a general "We loved our grandchildren and are grieving for their loss, as well as our future grandson's and our daughter in law." Something simple.

I don't know what I would do. My oldest son has made a lot of stupid mistakes (nothing that hurt anybody but himself and maybe me financially) and at some point you get worn down. I would like to think I would be there for him, but if it meant burying myself deep in a financial hole (plane tickets, hotels, legal help) or neglect my other children or grandchildren, my support might be limited. If this were my son, I would be so furious and embarrassed! I would probably need to be in counseling and/or medicated. I also would have had someone from the family release a statement expressing devastation over the loss.

I got yelled at yesterday by somebody who sternly told me that the purpose of the forum is not to question when people post and when they do not.

I’m not sure if the person who corrected me was just personally upset with me or if it is really not allowed.

DAdvocate is certainly an intriguing fellow. I still say he knows CW or has some sort of infatuation with him. He never quite replies to that, and I have brought it up 3-4 times.
Sounded more like a woman's postings to me. Someone who has been contrarian for a long time, maybe back to Holloway.

Last edited:
He's a troll all right. By his own admittance, he's friends with Jonathan Lee Riches.

Jonathan Lee Riches - Wikipedia

Are you sure this is the same person as the supposed former lover? I notice two people with the same first name, and one is likely a troll who injects himself in many cases, but the one in the interview with Ashleigh is a different person. Which of the two people is the "troll"?

I'm not sure if I am right or you are, but we should be very careful we are not to add more fuel to the mix if we might be wrong in our assumptions.

JMO

Ours isn't too bad. We pay $100/year and all they do is keep up the front entrance of our neighborhood. So HOA control can widely vary.
One I know of in Texas got all bent out of shape because the owner let the texas blue bonnets grow in her yard, it was off the list of flowers the HOA planted. Petunias were the main flowers allowed, and those were rotated in and out by hired yard crews.

HOA = "Home Owners Association". AKA "covenant controlled". It's the membership you inadvertently signed up for when you bought a home in a neighborhood that controls: weeds, lawn height, snow removal, home appearance, window coverings, rec centers, trash pick up, color of your home/front door, height of your fence... the list goes on
It's a monthly or yearly FEE you pay to 'ensure' your neighbor doesn't let their front lawn turn to weeds or paint their house baby-puke-green.

Interesting, thanks for explaining. Like a condo, except you do the work and pay for it? lol

TOS and all, I cannot explain it here. You can always pm

. See above, but I am also certain I saw a twitter connection. —-“dadvocate” Instagram

Edit: quoting issues/user error

I also came across a post about CW on FB and the person claimed to be playing devil's advocate. Certainly may be a coincidence but they had a different name on fb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx