CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case, I don't think that occurred to him. He really thought that people would believe she had taken the children and left with nothing.

I interpret it as a crime of passion that occurred in the heat of the moment. It wasn't thought through ahead of time. The only thing that I see that points to a prior plan is the disposal of the bodies. And then miscellaneous little things like the picture of the doll on the couch (which may or may not be him) and whether his social media was shut down before.

Like, who would have thought to put them in an oil tank? (On the other hand, that might have been a natural location to him, if he worked around them every day.)

Good observations. Although, who knows what he did and who he was with when he wasn’t on camera or before Wednesday morning. We know he stayed with friends on Tuesday night.
Sociopaths have problems connecting with friends. They feel no empathy, they are anti social. I don’t find it strange he had no one close to him.

I would like to see a timeline of his activities on Monday. We don't actually know if he reported to work. Or maybe he was assigned to do maintenance in the oilfield that the tanks were located in. The tanks were very isolated. I originally thought he might have been spooked by the sun coming up or traffic nearby, but that location is almost in the middle of nowhere.

Back at the house, there is some evidence of a cover-up---the sheets in the trash can, but otherwise it doesn't sound like he did much to clean up the crime scene. The girls' beds were unmade, when SW would have made them if she and the girls had woken up normally and then gone on a playdate. And SW's car was there, and her shoes and suitcase by the door, and phone in the couch, and medicine there.

So many unexplainable things about this case.

Me too, and I wonder if CCTV at work will show any interactions with his alleged mistress?

Just a few thoughts....often affairs by either partner are a symptom of a marriage with intimacy/trust issues. It appears that CW was looking outside the marriage for needs/wants....layering this huge martial issue on top of his fairly recent improved looks/diet/physique ( warning sign ) ...her blossoming success and diverted attention and growing intimacy with her “team” through her work, the stress of two demanding young children close in age with health problems, financial strain ( and they did not appear to go “without” in the least despite this ), her ongoing serious medical issues (lupus), lack of family in the area, and the recent addition of yet another pregnancy and future newborn.
In addition, the trips they went on in the past year looked fun but even positive changes are tiring/stressful....just so much going on....Finally, it seems to me that SW was a very driven determined person. She may have just put positive (wishful?) thinking into overdrive and missed some of the red flags. ( no blame ) It appears she put much effort into including him but he may have become more and more peripheral to her as she got more of her needs met from her children, extended family, and work team.
The crime seems somewhat messy and impulsive but regardless, it’s a young family imploding.....just utter tragedy.

@BabyButterfly I’m curious to know why Shannan left NC & settled in CO. Do you know? Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.

I have been researching the same question. What made them go to Colorado and why did the move seem hurried? How long after did CW get this job? Did he already know someone at this company? It seems odd for a drastic move without there being some sort of foundation or roots there already. Hmm....

I have been researching the same question. What made them go to Colorado and why did the move seem hurried? How long after did CW get this job? Did he already know someone at this company? It seems odd for a drastic move without there being some sort of foundation or roots there already. Hmm....
On SW Fb there is video sorry I don't remember the date, she speaks of how her and Chris meet and speak of the move to CO. I believe it was for his job.

I don't think he thought of cadaver dogs. I wonder if he thought they were search dogs coming into the home. I also think that maybe he thought cadaver dogs wouldn't be brought in now. Maybe after a week, he thought he could do a deep clean and get rid of all evidence.
He's arrogant enough to think that he can make investigators buy his story. So he wouldn't see ahead enough to realize Nope. They will bring in cadaver dogs,check timelines,etc.These types always think they are way smarter than everyone else,way smarter than the police, prosecutor, etc.
Arrogance is just a mask for cowardice,and idiocy.

He's arrogant enough to think that he can make investigators buy his story. So he wouldn't see ahead enough to realize Nope. They will bring in cadaver dogs,check timelines,etc.These types always think they are way smarter than everyone else,way smarter than the police, prosecutor, etc.
Arrogance is just a mask for cowardice,and idiocy.
He clearly was able to fool SW, her family and all their friends. So def thought he could fool anyone. MOO

Me too, and I wonder if CCTV at work will show any interactions with his alleged mistress?

We don't know that he had a job in an office. He might have been completely out in the field.

I think it is valuable to keep going back to the facts that we assume to be true and to ask where we picked up this fact.

Yes, I know all that. Thanks. I was stating it really didn't matter how they got in... nothing would be able to be changed/moved/etc.

Think about this too... he says garage door control broken. How did he leave the house that morning and shut it? The back door... think cameras will prove otherwise?

I think he said the door code was broken. He probably has car remotes which can open/close the door too. But I agree, he was most likely lying about the codes not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper