CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will want to (ego, narcissism), but his attorneys will tell him to sit down and shut up.

But how does his theory come out? I mean I guess I thought the same thing with casey anthony. They did it by making the wild allegation during opening statements and never ever presenting anything to prove it was remotely true.

Perhaps that would work in this case if the jury is sequestered for 7 weeks.

RE: Crime Scene Reconstruction

From the Weld County Property Assessor’s website, we know that the builder is KDB homes. Property Report

KDB Homes is a subsidiary of the Texas-based D.R. Horton. https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/...-wins-13-5-million-award-in-dispute-with.html

On the Assessor’s website, there is a photo of the exterior of the home as well as a sketch. As you can see, the sketch reads “DR Horton” and “Lenox.”
View attachment 144389 View attachment 144390

On D.R. Horton’s website, there are exterior views of Lenox (they vary with different gables, shutters, garage windows, etc.) – here is just one example. Since we know the Watts’ garage was on the left side of the home, I have flipped the image in the second photo. Lenox | Quebec Highlands | Thornton, Colorado | D.R. Horton
View attachment 144392 View attachment 144393

There are also floor plans for Lenox on the D.R. Horton website:
View attachment 144394 View attachment 144395

Here are photos of the floor plans flipped:
View attachment 144396 View attachment 144397

Although not exact in square footage and amenities, after comparison with actual photos of the home, this is the closest I have come to “visuals” which aid in reconstruction of the crime scene.
Thanks! I was wondering what a loft was. So it's like an open space between all the bedrooms? Same level as the bedrooms?

From the last thread.. a screenshot on the closure on the front door. I always wondered what that was like. I've never seen that inside of a house and it is like a hotel closure. I wonder if the other homes have that. But that is why the door opened so little.
To keep kids who figured out how to unlock the door from escaping.

We had to do this to our front door after babysitting my nephew. He was a master at escaping.

I found the person's tweets believable. The detail was totally without drama. The statement that he hadn't sleep more than a few hours at a time since the murders was credible to me.

I find it abhorrent that there was a change of heart about CW's ridiculous story on the part of some only after news of this possible gay affair came out.

Really? So THAT's what makes you suddenly think his story is nonsense?
I thought what he was saying could be true until he said C.W. brought Bella along, and Bella asked about sleeping with Daddy and Mommy that night. It’s really stretching it for me to believe that C.W. would have allowed Bella to witness any part of his outside of the marriage sexual encounters.

I don't think so. He's not anonymous on Facebook by his own choosing, and I didn't get the impression he's married. He seems young, into make up and fashion, and really not someone I would picture CW with, but you just never know I guess.

I have no idea if he's for real or not. If I had to put money on it right now though, I'd say no. But, he claims he's been in touch with LE.
I wonder if he initiated the contact with LE or they contacted him first?

If the anonymous caller is someone just seeking attention, why would he want to be anonymous? I haven't seen this person's FB posts but I know you guys are saying his story has changed. Maybe this is because he didn't want to admit that he knew CW was married with children.
Maybe from the feedback he's been getting on Twitter. Maybe wising up a little, but not enough to pass on hearing his voice on national media. edit to add assuming he's the same guy.....IMO

If his defense is that he saw SW strangling the kids over the baby monitor, I think he has to take the stand to state that. Otherwise, how could it be presented?

I suppose they could leave it out completely and say, "prove it" to the prosecutors that it was actually CW who killed the kids. Defense could remain silent on that...except it's a statement CW has already made.

If he takes the stand, I don't think it will go well. He's not at all likable once you know he dumped his two little girls in huge vats of oil.

jmo

Oh I forgot. He's likely already "testified" to this ridiculous and insane story of what happened, if his "confession" is videotaped.

If in opening statements the defense presents the stupid story and then the prosecution shows the "confession", they don't really need to have him testify.

From the last thread.. a screenshot on the closure on the front door. I always wondered what that was like. I've never seen that inside of a house and it is like a hotel closure. I wonder if the other homes have that. But that is why the door opened so little.
I really don't want to watch a 31 minute video, but I did watch the first little bit. She talks about how they have no plans for the summer and how she is looking forward to weekends in Colorado in the summer because there is so much to do. Yet, she later decides to spend six weeks away during the summer.

Has this already been discussed? (Again, I didn't watch the whole thing.)

jmo

If his defense is that he saw SW strangling the kids over the baby monitor, I think he has to take the stand to state that. Otherwise, how could it be presented?

I suppose they could leave it out completely and say, "prove it" to the prosecutors that it was actually CW who killed the kids. Defense could remain silent on that...except it's a statement CW has already made.

If he takes the stand, I don't think it will go well. He's not at all likable once you know he dumped his two little girls in huge vats of oil.

jmo

IANAL, I think the defense could put his “confession” video into evidence in lieu of having CW testify and be subjected to cross.

I thought what he was saying could be true until he said C.W. brought Bella along, and Bella asked about sleeping with Daddy and Mommy that night. It’s really stretching it for me to believe that C.W. would have allowed Bella to witness any part of his outside of the marriage sexual encounters.
It wouldn't surprise me at all. I mean, if she witnessed an "encounter" it would, but if she thought they were just meeting Daddy's friend from work or whatever I could see it.

It rings true, too, her making a comment like that and it being what finally put it together for this AP.

Oh I forgot. He's likely already "testified" to this ridiculous and insane story of what happened, if his "confession" is videotaped.

If in opening statements the defense presents the stupid story and then the prosecution shows the "confession", they don't really need to have him testify.
Didn’t see your post before I posted. Not sure prosecution would use his video “confession.” But if I was the defense, I’d use it instead of putting CW on the stand to tell his “story.”

But how does his theory come out? I mean I guess I thought the same thing with casey anthony. They did it by making the wild allegation during opening statements and never ever presenting anything to prove it was remotely true.

Perhaps that would work in this case if the jury is sequestered for 7 weeks.
I wonder if there is a way for defense to block the whole part about disposing of the bodies. On some technicality. Hope not, of course.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. I mean, if she witnessed an "encounter" it would, but if she thought they were just meeting Daddy's friend from work or whatever I could see it.

It rings true, too, her making a comment like that and it being what finally put it together for this AP.
Yeah, but his boyfriend would have had to be in on the lie to pull it off, and it doesn’t seem like they were that close or honest with each other. Bella was old enough to share everything with Mom. CW would have been taking a huge risk.

What else do we know about what was found on the first floor?
  1. Shoes at front door
  2. Suitcase at bottom of the stairs
  3. Purse on kitchen island
  4. Pillow cases and top sheet in kitchen trash can
  5. Car & carseats in the garage
View attachment 144399

This is great Pommy - firstly finding the plans and then even annotating them.

I've been looking for that spare bedroom 5 for a while. (Had previously wondered if there was a fall-out, was one sleeping in a spare bed at time of murder, now I can see it's downstairs and doesn't work for the murder scenario.)

I can't think anything real for your list.

( Not sure you'd want front door on latch, all doors & sliders locked or garage key pad "supposedly" broken on there? )

In the last thread, there is a picture posted of them with him carrying a giant blue bag and the children are there as well. When is that from? They all seem happy.

If she was in NC for six weeks and he visited, did the family notice anything?

Psychopaths never have any slips in front of anyone? I have diagnosed some people I feel are psychopaths or maybe only sociopaths ( I have no credentials to do it ) . I feel that these people I know are sociopaths or whatever because of their behavior and things they lie about. The violence by one of the males and the cheating by the males. And the stealing in clever ways.

So no tells at all in all of those years people knew him?

What's interesting is that most people who supposedly fall within the antisocial personality disorder umbrella have a history of criminal activity, violence toward others, job instability, and unstable relationships.

But many sociopaths blend in well. The just become sales people or politicians. Super good at mimicry, b.s. and being charming, but utterly without ethics.

All I know is family annihilators typically have no criminal or mental health history and are thought of as solid, good fathers and husbands - family men before the shocking crime.

Our VI stated that Shanann had an accountant for her business, and I would be willing to bet that her business account was separate from her/their personal bank account(s). JMO

I think I found an LLC registered to them, but don't want to post it. It is on the Secretary of State site. Can somebody verify what their address was? That would help. To verify

Someone on the board last night mentioned that everything the man said in the interview could have been gleaned from looking at SW's SM. I'm not sure if that is true, but perhaps people familiar with her SM could chime in.

For the moment, I'm thinking the guy did a little bit of homework on the case and ran with it. I'm willing to change my mind if his story is verified, of course. I do think it's possible the man knows about CW's presence on hook-up sites, but that's not verified either. jmo

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member