CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually more than one juror said that they (the jury) wanted to hear from Scott and no, I don't think that would be grounds for an appeal. It was said after the trial was over.

I thought jurors are specifically told by a Judge that they are not allowed to hold it against a defendant if the defendant chooses not to testify.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

A lot of people have a hard time coming to terms with their sexuality. If CW was a married man just coming to terms with his sexuality maybe he told Shanann. Perhaps they talked about it and either she, he or they decided it would be best if she took the girls to NC so he could have some time to figure it out. Maybe he figured it out and that’s what the emotional conversation was. He wanted a divorce and he completely lost his sh&t.
Or maybe he told the reason for his wanting a separation to come clean that he was confused about his sexuality and told her about his gay affairs and she absolutely lost it went ballistic on him then he went into a rage after she threatened to take the girls and that he would never see them again perhaps tell everyone about his sexuality. I mean after all if the caller was legit he said CW wasn’t ready to come out and didn’t know if he ever would. I think if my husband told me especially at that hour after a long trip and not feeling well that I would become unglued, temp insane it’s bad enough to have affairs but with same sex and being pregnant? triple painful.

Last edited:
Wonder if Shanann hired a Private Investigator while she was in NC?

Or, maybe her father had the money, and sensed Chris was doing his daughter wrong, so he hired the PI?

There was a major reason for her taking the girls and going back to NC for this long visit. Naturally, Shanann is not going into the actual details or reason for this long visit on her FB, but a happily married woman doesn’t leave for this time period. IMO.

Maybe but he was on the Meetme site a long time ago so wouldn't he have deleted his FB page sooner then the week before the murders?
Maybe something happened that made him worried all of a sudden... if it draws photos or info from fb (like Tinder does) maybe someone recognized him (or he was at least worried that they had/would)

Or maybe he told the reason for his wanting a separation to come clean that he was confused about his sexuality and told her about his gay affairs and she went ballistic on him then he went into a rage after she threatened to take the girls and that he would never see them again perhaps tell everyone about his sexuality. I mean after all if the caller was legit he said CW wasn’t ready to come out and didn’t know if he ever would. I think if my husband told me especially at that hour after a long trip that I would become unglued, temp insane it’s bad enough to have affairs but with same sex and being pregnant? triple painful.
If CW did tell SW the truth that morning and she threatened to take the girls away from him and tell everyone the truth, then he snapped at that point because if he felt backed in a corner and killed her then the girls. In that scenerio he would have had to kill SW first because if he started to kill the girls SW would have been heard screaming and crying for help. So CW would have killed her first.

I’d never heard of “meetme”... just checked it out and saw that (as with many other apps) initial signup is accomplished by either giving an email address or by linking to Facebook.

Is it possible CW signed up through FB and something happened - he was worried he’d been found out, etc - and that’s why he suddenly deleted his FB profile?

He most likely deleted it for the sake of his affair(s).

Reading several posts here about BPD, I understand now, that perhaps a friend with BPD, that hasn't replied to my many attempts trying to contact her for several months, just 'doesn't want to'.:(:(
I do not have any of her family contacts.
I worry about her: if she is OK.
She had confided in me, saying she has not stated these facts to others.
We both cried and hugged: now nothing.
Perhaps, as found here, maybe she doesn't want contact.

Wonder if Shanann hired a Private Investigator while she was in NC?

Or, maybe her father had the money, and sensed Chris was doing his daughter wrong, so he hired the PI?

There was a major reason for her taking the girls and going back to NC for this long visit. Naturally, Shanann is not going into the actual details or reason for this long visit on her FB, but a happily married woman doesn’t leave for this time period. IMO.
Agree, a happily married women doesn't leave her home for that length of time without a reason and you never know if someone did hire a private detective. Good point.

A day or two after Chris Watts was arrested the defense attys went into the Watts home and removed bags of evidence. At what point does defense share the contents of those bags with the prosecution?

****I'm unable to locate the post(s) where we first learned that the defense attys went into the home and came out with bags. But it's on one of our threads.

@Shekkiec
I actually found 2

Shanann Watts

Shanann Watts

The second one actually looks like it shows the master bedroom as well. Watch to the end and it shows what the monitor looks like
Thank you Cbs!
Those APPEAR to be WIFi IP. If they are, they need to be secured when you install them, if you do not, anyone who knows where to find it can view it you will never even know. They can even move the camera angles. I own several home WIFI IP cameras inside and outside of my home and I made sure that they were secure prior to setting the final installs. I have had them for years with no problems. I also have online subscriptions where they are archived. ( I have 2 different brand cams)
You would not believe how many people purchase cams, set them up without adjusting the security settings. I see the WIFI icon in the top left of her screen in a quick part of that video, but I do not see the lock icon beside it. ( providing her cam displays the WIFI lock)
I cannot post the website link, but there is a site that has every cam that is unsecured and it is scary what you can see when you put in a state and city.

If CW did tell SW the truth that morning and she threatened to take the girls away from him and tell everyone the truth, then he snapped at that point because if he felt backed in a corner and killed her then the girls. In that scenerio he would have had to kill SW first because if he started to kill the girls SW would have been heard screaming and crying for help. So CW would have killed her first.

I agree ! If it was a fight that escalated into murder then he killed her first...but then no reason to kill the babies imo....but if he planned it in order to be completely free, then he could have killed the girls before she arrived home.
My best, most fervent hope is that none of them ever knew what was coming.

Video of LE removing a black garbage bag from home. It looks like a yellow comforter in the bag based on the shape and softness. To me it would be a childs comforter because of the color and size if that is what it is. Also in the video, what is on the back of CW's truck? Looks like big hoses?
Christopher Watts is denied bail in the murder of his wife and young children | Daily Mail Online
4F22EAAA00000578-6068245-Police_remove_bags_of_evidence_from_the_family_s_home_on_Wednesd-a-14_1534459109180.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay