CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know (raised in a very traditional Catholic family, although I walked away years ago). The timing of the article with pics was pretty fast after the funeral. In the past from my experience, the remains were not cremated until after the funeral mass. Is it different now?

Yes. Both of my parents (devout Catholics) were cremated prior to the funeral mass and their urns were placed at the front of the church on a table.

I’m not sure if this has been posted. Likely has. But can anyone more legally adept than me read through this and see if it contains any new information?
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/REGISTER OF ACTIONS 081618 THROUGH 082418.pdf

:) Welcome to Websleuths, @itsamemario ! :)
I am not a lawyer, but I can tell you that the document hasn't changed. It is a register of actions for the period of 8/16 through 8/24.

Thank you for being here!

I has asked about the presence of CWs family at the funeral. I don't know how to reply or quote from one thread to another. But my inquiry was met with a question of whether we knew if the family of CW (parents/siblings) were present or not. I don't think it's been reported one way or the other. I do know CWs family was not mentioned during the homily when the Priest was reading the letters from SWs family. Even if the families weren't close, those were still CWs parents grandchildren. Perhaps they chose to mourn privately given the circumstances. At first I thought it was sad if they were not allowed to attend the funeral but maybe there was nothing barring them, maybe they just felt it better for everybody that they not attend.

Such a horrible, tragic, senseless loss for all of them.

the scary part to me is that it seems that all that lovey-dovey stuff with his wife and children was a man going through the motions of being the loving husband and father, while underneath, seething, scheming and planning their execution. it was all an act. Was it always an act? it gives one pause to consider that one never knows the heart of another person--- thank goodness most people don't lead double lives. Were there signs that Shannan ignored about who her husband really was, that she never shared with anybody? who knows.
CW is a fraud. Not only does the narcissist resent the success of others, they mimic their motions and emotions for the sake of their appearance to others. CW's entire life is an "act," - as if playing a part in a movie. I don't think SW really knew who CW was because any concerns she would have had, he would have convinced her she was to blame (projecting and gaslighting her). MOO

I has asked about the presence of CWs family at the funeral. I don't know how to reply or quote from one thread to another. But my inquiry was met with a question of whether we knew if the family of CW (parents/siblings) were present or not. I don't think it's been reported one way or the other. I do know CWs family was not mentioned during the homily when the Priest was reading the letters from SWs family. Even if the families weren't close, those were still CWs parents grandchildren. Perhaps they chose to mourn privately given the circumstances. At first I thought it was sad if they were not allowed to attend the funeral but maybe there was nothing barring them, maybe they just felt it better for everybody that they not attend.

Such a horrible, tragic, senseless loss for all of them.

Honestly, I can see SW's family requesting they not attend the funeral. What was more telling to me was that CW's family was left off the obituary. Makes me wonder if they are so steadfastly defending CW and his stupid story.

Well, maybe he did see her business success as more of a potentional albatross around his own neck, should it fail. He could also have been jealous of the combination of her approval for becoming a Mom, and her involvement in business aspects that he was not even consulted about, he being the "good looking rock" but otherwise useless appendage. Then again, there are always downers who are against everything. Everything that they themselves are afraid to try.

With their finances logic would say he would welcome any financial contribution. You don't get jealous of your wife's income when you are walking a fine line of losing it all.

There is a phenomenon that I don't see discussed much, I don't even know if it has a clinical name....the extroverted, confident, people-loving person marries the staid, reserved, supposedly rock solid introvert. The staid person (sometimes) starts to undermine the more outgoing partner, deep-seated, burning jealousy at the partner's apparent ease with.....people. And, who can undermine a person more profoundly than the partner who knows exactly where to stick the verbal knife (so to speak), to embarrass the outgoing partner in public where they can't reply in kind. I call it verbal abuse, it can be practically unnoticed by the friends in the group, but it deeply affects the more outgoing person who is being nastily "reined in". I see CW as that type of person (if there is a "type") who deeply resented Shan'ann's ease with relationships (thus professional success, too). He was the "Come here and smile for the camera, Chris" guy.

I too am not the type of person who would willingly pose for all the smiley SM videos, and personal revelations for a world of FB viewers. CW may have REALLY resented being the appendage, the one occupying the place of the staid, reserved, supposed rock of the family. Unfortunately that "rock solid" bit can also be a mask for cowardice.

So in the end he rids himself of everything that ties him to that type of self and essentially kills himself and all of them to do it. Kills himself as he will, for the rest of his life, be free of the feeling he needs to perform, from this moment on he doesn't have to work, to be something he is not. He can just spend the rest of his life as the coward he is, at the expense of the people in the state.

I think you hit the nail on the head NuttMegg

With their finances logic would say he would welcome any financial contribution. You don't get jealous of your wife's income when you are walking a fine line of losing it all.
I was replying to a person who said, paraphrased, that he might have been resenting the investment, which could have been masked by an immediate income. (Tied to what MIGHT have been a reckless investment in his eyes) At least that is what I think the OP was saying.

A couple of thoughts this morning...

As anyone heard about how CW was acting at work before he realized NU was at the house trying to find SW? I wonder if he was uncharacteristically happy (because a huge weight was lifted and he was free) or super down/depressed (due to losing his family only hours earlier). That's going to be really interesting to me.

Also, I had read that SW and her girls would be cremated, but I swear I saw a link with the caption that they were "laid to rest" with a picture of graves with flowers, etc. I'll see if I can locate it, but someone had posted it here on the threads Saturday afternoon. So do we know for sure if they were cremated?

Just wondering because someone - I think @thesaint mentioned the cost. If they were buried, the cost would have easily reached over 50K, due to all the typical prep, transportation from CO to NC and burial plots.
Cremation and the Order of Christian Funerals
This may help it is the guidelines for cremation with Catholics

By all appearances, the graveside service in Aberdeen followed the Christian Mass so that leads me to believe they were buried and not cremated (i.e., caskets driven straight away to cemetery). MOO

That's what I'm thinking too. And again, I just brought it up in response to a poster wondering about the cost and the amount of money that was raised by the family. If they were buried, the cost would be much, much higher, especially with transport from CO to NC. When my mother died last year in GA, she was taken to NC for the funeral and burial. All prep had to be done in GA prior to transport. It just raises the cost.

Honestly, I can see SW's family requesting they not attend the funeral. What was more telling to me was that CW's family was left off the obituary. Makes me wonder if they are so steadfastly defending CW and his stupid story.
Excluding his initial outburst, specifically against CW, SW's brother FR made a couple of public pleas on his FB asking others to show love, respect and compassion for CW's family, as they were also grieving. In seeing SW's family's grief, especially by SW's Dad, I don't see that this Father and Grandfather would have denied the paternal Grandparent's a seat at the funeral services. I think what's more telling is the radio silence from CW's family -- no statement whatsoever, which would not be under the control of SW family. I believe CW family doing their very best to control their privacy, and probably worried about their security as well. MOO

Last edited:
I remember seeing the enlarged photo here as well. No idea which thread at this point, sorry. So not very helpful just to have my opinion without you even seeing the photo, but FWIW the mark people were talking about was what could maybe be called a "u-shaped" image that on the left side of his neck. Someone said it looked like upper teeth shape, but I personally thought it was too narrow.

Also, CW looked (disturbingly) clean shaven and preened, so I find it hard to think he wouldn't have noticed that if it were a defense wound of some kind. Perhaps he would have chosen a different shirt to model if so.... :mad:
Good morning,

I believe the photos were on thread 13, including one that might show a swollen lip. I'll search threads when I have time today.
I remember seeing the enlarged photo here as well. No idea which thread at this point, sorry. So not very helpful just to have my opinion without you even seeing the photo, but FWIW the mark people were talking about was what could maybe be called a "u-shaped" image that on the left side of his neck. Someone said it looked like upper teeth shape, but I personally thought it was too narrow.

Also, CW looked (disturbingly) clean shaven and preened, so I find it hard to think he wouldn't have noticed that if it were a defense wound of some kind. Perhaps he would have chosen a different shirt to model if so.... :mad:

That's what I'm thinking too. And again, I just brought it up in response to a poster wondering about the cost and the amount of money that was raised by the family. If they were buried, the cost would be much, much higher, especially with transport from CO to NC. When my mother died last year in GA, she was taken to NC for the funeral and burial. All prep had to be done in GA prior to transport. It just raises the cost.
How To Transport A Body Via Airplane
Hmmmm with transport guidelines of embalming the church may approve the cremation bc of costs and condition of them (not meant to be disrespectful ) and if they rented casket it may explain all the caskets were adult size . But even if that was case , who knows how long this trial will take and expenses will need covered for them to travel and attend .

Hmmmm with transport guidelines of embalming the church may approve the cremation bc of costs and condition of them (not meant to be disrespectful ) and if they rented casket it may explain all the caskets were adult size . But even if that was case , who knows how long this trial will take and expenses will need covered for them to travel and attend .
Yes, I noticed the casket sizes too. I thought they were all adult size. Oh well. enough of that. Just so sad.

I need to add one possibility here.

Shannans extensive involvement with thrive.

If typical at the beginning I think it may have been a burden financially to the family. I’d have to really look at it.

Although successful, most of the MLM requires a substantial investment in order to sustain success. I’d be interested to see how much “product “ she had and kept in inventory st the house.

SW did not need to make a substantial investment in Thrive to start her business. Typically; a person begins to use the products, recognizes a health benefit, and starts talking about it. Or; others notice a difference (more energetic, weight loss, less joint pain, etc.), and ask about it.

Once SW told two others about the products and they began to use it, SW would then receive her base products for free. All new clients place orders on-line, and are enrolled in auto-shipments. SW was not responsible for placing orders, delivering product, etc. Thus, it was not necessary to purchase a large inventory and attempt to sell.

Hope this is helpful- trying to explain how SW's business worked, in a general sense. SW was so impressed by the product, that it was very easy (and exciting) for her to promote. She wanted others to feel as good as she did!

Excluding his initial outburst, specifically against CW, SW's brother FR made a couple of public pleas on his FB asking others to show love, respect and compassion for CW's family, as they were also grieving. In seeing SW's family's grief, especially by SW's Dad, I don't see that this Father and Grandfather would have denied the paternal Grandparent's a seat at the funeral services. I think what's more telling is the radio silence from CW's family -- no statement whatsoever, which would not be under the control of SW family. I believe CW family doing their very best to control their privacy, and probably worried about their security as well. MOO
AGREED.
They were probably fearful of inciting drama at the funeral, of further expanding everyone's grief.

I guarantee the Watts family is grieving too but are in an awful position right now.

I think all should take SW's brother's comment to heart and maybe back off any scrutiny of extended family.

I wondered about the adult size caskets as well, and decided it was likely a gesture of compassion as it would have been unbearable for me to see the 2 tiny caskets with SWs at the alter. Nonetheless, its very possible the bodies were cremated in Colorado. Perhaps we will never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713