CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excluding his initial outburst, specifically against CW, SW's brother FR made a couple of public pleas on his FB asking others to show love, respect and compassion for CW's family, as they were also grieving. In seeing SW's family's grief, especially by SW's Dad, I don't see that this Father and Grandfather would have denied the paternal Grandparent's a seat at the funeral services. I think what's more telling is the radio silence from CW's family -- no statement whatsoever, which would not be under the control of SW family. I believe CW family doing their very best to control their privacy, and probably worried about their security as well. MOO

You bring up a very good point Seattle- and one I hadn't really thought about. Fear for their safety may be what is keeping them quiet. :(

Good morning,

I believe the photos were on thread 13, including one that might show a swollen lip. I'll search threads when I have time today.

Awww, and wasn't it the next day that somebody that was on a major television show said the reason for that was because of Botox injections. Pffft.

AGREED.
They were probably fearful of inciting drama at the funeral, of further expanding everyone's grief.

I guarantee the Watts family is grieving too but are in an awful position right now.

I think all should take SW's brother's comment to heart and maybe back off any scrutiny of extended family.
I agree, but just once I’d like to see the parents of a murderer come forward and say, “I don’t know what came over my son/daughter, we had no idea, we feel horrible, we support the victim 100%, we are so sorry, we will do our best to counsel our offspring to make a full and complete confession.” I’ve seen where parents do that with mass killings, but not so much (maybe never?) when fewer have been murdered.

Awww, and wasn't it the next day that somebody that was on a major television show said the reason for that was because of Botox injections. Pffft.
Yes, that was discussed. I couldn't see it. Likewise his neck. I couldn't tell if it was wounds covered with make-up or razor burns from beard trimming.

AGREED.
They were probably fearful of inciting drama at the funeral, of further expanding everyone's grief.

I guarantee the Watts family is grieving too but are in an awful position right now.

I think all should take SW's brother's comment to heart and maybe back off any scrutiny of extended family.
I wonder if that may have played into the decision to live stream the service? Maybe SW's family understood that CW's family would be very uncomfortable attending the funeral in person, fearing that they may draw distraction or negative reactions, emotional outbursts, etc. And they learned about this option and thought it might be a good way to include people on CW's side who might not feel that welcome in person. I'm sure they also did it because they wanted a small, private, service to mourn, and couldn't possibly invite everyone SW and the girls touched, especially those in CO.

SW did not need to make a substantial investment in Thrive to start her business. Typically; a person begins to use the products, recognizes a health benefit, and starts talking about it. Or; others notice a difference (more energetic, weight loss, less joint pain, etc.), and ask about it.

Once SW told two others about the products and they began to use it, SW would then receive her base products for free. All new clients place orders on-line, and are enrolled in auto-shipments. SW was not responsible for placing orders, delivering product, etc. Thus, it was not necessary to purchase a large inventory and attempt to sell.

Hope this is helpful- trying to explain how SW's business worked, in a general sense. SW was so impressed by the product, that it was very easy (and exciting) for her to promote. She wanted others to feel as good as she did!
Great insight! Thanks for clearing that up . Watching her videos I know she believed in what she did . It seemed to give her family a lifestyle they would not have known without it. I had not heard of her company before this tragedy so that info cleared a lot up for me.

Curious about their house and finances, now. I believe in Texas he would be the heir until convicted. I don't know about Colorado. Has the action by the HOA been postponed, has someone paid them, or will they take the house? He's in jail with no income, what happens to the house, cars, credit cards, etc.? My 37 year old step-daughter passed unexpectedly in 2016 (epilepsy). Her finances, credit, etc., were impeccable, except she had no will. We and her father hired an attorney to handle all the legal matters and in the meantime we kept everything paid on time. Slowly, but surely, everything has been dealt with; house and car sold, accounts closed etc., but it's been hard. Almost resolved now, two years later, but not quite yet.

So, can or will the family/families try to save the house and assets? Would it be worthwhile? Or is everything lost?

I agree, but just once I’d like to see the parents of a murderer come forward and say, “I don’t know what came over my son/daughter, we had no idea, we feel horrible, we support the victim 100%, we are so sorry, we will do our best to counsel our offspring to make a full and complete confession.” I’ve seen where parents do that with mass killings, but not so much (maybe never?) when fewer have been murdered.
Maybe CW's family has contacted SW's family in private and expressed sympathy. That's the way it should be done in my opinion. I don't think they need to make a public statement for the rest of us to gawk at and pick apart. They owe us nothing.

They may think Shanann murdered the kids

I came across this acticle and thought it was interesting and worth reading.

Insights on why people 'snap' and kill - CNN.com
SBM
The psychological buildup to a violent outburst with the intent to kill usually takes a minimum of a few days, said Dr. Lyle Rossiter, a forensic psychiatrist in Saint Charles, Illinois. However, in highly unusual cases, a person with bipolar disorder could experience a buildup of only hours, he said.

One good thing is her family seems to have a ton of support especially from her company . and I Was at first hesitant of the MLM but I feel the more I understand it , they really are like an extended family . I totally admire her drive and it seems like they (the company) cared about her too. I had hope The oil company would help her family . They may have if so I haven’t seen .

One good thing is her family seems to have a ton of support especially from her company . and I Was at first hesitant of the MLM but I feel the more I understand it , they really are like an extended family . I totally admire her drive and it seems like they (the company) cared about her too. I had hope The oil company would help her family . They may have if so I haven’t seen .
I read some where the oil company is who paid for the funeral. I'll go look for the article.

Maybe CW's family has contacted SW's family in private and expressed sympathy. That's the way it should be done in my opinion. I don't think they need to make a public statement for the rest of us to gawk at and pick apart. They owe us nothing.
So many people have been affected and are deeply hurt by these murders, and not just the families. I live 5 States away, never met any of them, and I’ve barely thought about anything else since it happened. You’re right, they don’t owe anyone an expression of sympathy, but IMO, there will always be a stigma attached to them if they don’t. I’ll never know them, but I’ll bet in the community where they live, people will be whispering about them whenever they see them if they support their son and his ridiculous story about how these murders went down. They will be treated as if they have a disease and are just as guilty as CW is.

....and that solves nor fixes anything.

There are two series that feature interviews with family members of people who have committed horrific crimes. Both are quite good, IMO, and they reveal how much the family members of these people suffer in various ways, whether its a parent, a sibling, etc.

The two series are: Evil Lives Here on ID Channel, and Monster in My Family which was on Lifetime. If you have cable you can watch the episodes directly on those links. If not, you might be able to find some on YT.

They may think Shanann murdered the kids
Who knows? I wish we had more information. We don’t if his dad stayed in Colorado after the confession or went home. They didn’t commit the crimes, they shouldn’t be punished or hounded by the press, but I can’t help wishing I had more information about them.

Who knows? I wish we had more information. We don’t if his dad stayed in Colorado after the confession or went home. They didn’t commit the crimes, they shouldn’t be punished or hounded by the press, but I can’t help wishing I had more information about them.
Is that not considered sleuthing the family though?

I agree. When I looked at SW’s FB it made me uncomfortable. Even though her page is open to the public I felt I was over stepping personal boundaries. I wondered if she was able to change her FB page to private after all this if she would. I stopped looking and haven’t looked at it again. I’m usually fairly snoopy when it comes to threads I’m following, but for some reason it didn’t feel right this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990