CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TY. Let me try another question. What color is the skin of the face and the body of a baby who has the umbilical cord wrapped tightly around his/her neck?
I've seen stillborn babies who are white and others shades of purple, from "umbilical cord accidents" and other or unknown causes. It's not possible to reliably judge time of death by color, as far as I know, and that may depend on cause of death. Luckily, most babies with the umbilical cord around the neck are delivered vigorous and healthy.

TY. Let me try another question. What color is the skin of the face and the body of a baby who has the umbilical cord wrapped tightly around his/her neck?
I should be able to answer that because my youngest child was born with just that, but I cannot remember her being blue and I watched as they were putting their fingers under it and loosening it. Maybe because she had not breathed at that stage.

I have no clue on no. 1, but yes bday party Sunday was a video interview (don't ask me which one!)

The neighbor spoke on video that CW took the girls to the birthday party appears to have only done one interview. He doesn't say which day the birthday party was on whether Sat or Sun.
Family friend talks about seeing Chris Watts and his girls just days before the murders

Also, some were wondering if CW and the girls walked to the birthday party. It states that the birthday party was at the home of the man in the video in the Town of Erie.

Map shows 9.1 miles between Erie and Frederick
data=5BS5MyXyycAYVQrFbNDPNeROcpHgQVdmjQWefX5o6glfPYKK8GP7tMRYAqkjl8xk_1Y224rFhETon1a_fKDYy3-CzsA3PiZxTOFifTYOlk75-ogW1a1TrAeaWXJqfVjVBr3yuLDcDNXr-IxjlOPbpGCV4-Jyd4DaU2QOXsDgGUZzMu6fBg,YKYDjZPUVVxgPXNs-e9nEq4OstBg9xDTmGoQXXMkVVNfVB410R8vl3RxWsy2m1uUYK3AaVs9kc4AIdLIqcYiG5WbVX-QV8HpGzPXO_vjLfZSh1aEhP5tjL_0Hi7zp8S2nO-wVOUHa9Cm0IsTXhO_3e0p8jJwVfrjHPjPNyKI6bQEE1L4SeveCBt4eI3zRIgVLDNocSLWVhR7JGye7EiyDfNSBl8q9ShKlv0yfP99_-dc0DOrJ3TYgNP9YrlNX9aPSWf607ZSJY1bg-JZJ25yjUcYZvAVOiii5yj85Pab6v-1-isVUzmP84KwAvSJTr4H2gLEhyOovU2nEadldRw6oFGmmllHsNJABMGh2YX0DZdPpMiMaMfqqIU2tQ

Yes! Why would you ever take anything not thought to be safe? Medical studies can never prove a substance to be safe, only to be not harmful. When a human being is developing, why would you take anything not thought necessary for normal development or medically necessary for treatment of a medical condition that itself poses danger?
FWIW, I don't think she wore them the whole time...only in pics for marketing purposes. My impression is she was a fibber when it came to the mlm (I get this from her excessive "look how perfect our thriving family is" sm presence. ;) Or, maybe there were different kinds of patches. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt on this. idk.

It bothers me that moms/pg moms are criticized in both life and death. Can't win for losing!

Is this gross or net, sorry if I missed which one?

If it's gross, I checked a 2018 federal tax calculator for California, obviously different state (there's a link for all states & it's the same), year and it's a combined income which puts it into a higher tax bracket and this is without children or special circumstances applied, but still approximately in the same ball park?

The take home pay would be around $95,000.

$140000 Federal Tax Calculator 2018/2019 | 2018 Tax Refund Calculator

Probably gross bc taxes need to be deducted.

The DA hasn’t even received them yet, according to AB as of today. They may or may not make the results public. I’m curious if LE tells the family everything. Will they be told the COD if they decide to keep it from the public?

The death certificates I have for family members list the cause of death. I have certificates from N.C. and Georgia and Colorado.These are mailed to you or picked up at funeral home.

FWIW, I don't think she wore them the whole time...only in pics for marketing purposes. My impression is she was a fibber when it came to the mlm (I get this from her excessive "look how perfect our thriving family is" sm presence. ;) Or, maybe there were different kinds of patches. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt on this. idk.

It bothers me that moms/pg moms are criticized in both life and death. Can't win for losing!
I have several (some former) friends involved in MLM type businesses. They use their social media to project this perfect life, which helps them sell whatever it is that they’re selling.

Of course people also use social media to project a perfect life, even when they are not selling something. For this reason I don’t read much into her social media posts in regard to how happy she really was.

I just think there’s more reliable information to base our opinions on. JMO.

It seems there's a thread of truth in what he says so in my mind someone was strangled -- probably SW. I don't think the modus operandi matters too much here because (imo) he murdered them no matter what, unless her DNA is on the girls in such a way to prove she murdered them, and I'm willing to bet it isn't.
True. I failed to mention that also with smothering, I think there is less os a chance of the killer (CW) getting scratched.. I do think he smothered the girls but either strangled or smothered SW.

The neighbor spoke on video that CW took the girls to the birthday party appears to have only done one interview. He doesn't say which day the birthday party was on whether Sat or Sun.
Family friend talks about seeing Chris Watts and his girls just days before the murders

Also, some were wondering if CW and the girls walked to the birthday party. It states that the birthday party was at the home of the man in the video in the Town of Erie.

Map shows 9.1 miles between Erie and Frederick
data=5BS5MyXyycAYVQrFbNDPNeROcpHgQVdmjQWefX5o6glfPYKK8GP7tMRYAqkjl8xk_1Y224rFhETon1a_fKDYy3-CzsA3PiZxTOFifTYOlk75-ogW1a1TrAeaWXJqfVjVBr3yuLDcDNXr-IxjlOPbpGCV4-Jyd4DaU2QOXsDgGUZzMu6fBg,YKYDjZPUVVxgPXNs-e9nEq4OstBg9xDTmGoQXXMkVVNfVB410R8vl3RxWsy2m1uUYK3AaVs9kc4AIdLIqcYiG5WbVX-QV8HpGzPXO_vjLfZSh1aEhP5tjL_0Hi7zp8S2nO-wVOUHa9Cm0IsTXhO_3e0p8jJwVfrjHPjPNyKI6bQEE1L4SeveCBt4eI3zRIgVLDNocSLWVhR7JGye7EiyDfNSBl8q9ShKlv0yfP99_-dc0DOrJ3TYgNP9YrlNX9aPSWf607ZSJY1bg-JZJ25yjUcYZvAVOiii5yj85Pab6v-1-isVUzmP84KwAvSJTr4H2gLEhyOovU2nEadldRw6oFGmmllHsNJABMGh2YX0DZdPpMiMaMfqqIU2tQ
This is what I remember as well, but I keep seeing posts that say Sunday. If anyone can point me to a source for that, I sure would appreciate it because I have looked and I just can't find one.

Last edited:
Is this gross or net, sorry if I missed which one?

If it's gross, I checked a 2018 federal tax calculator for California, obviously different state (there's a link for all states & it's the same), year and it's a combined income which puts it into a higher tax bracket and this is without children or special circumstances applied, but still approximately in the same ball park?

The take home pay would be around $95,000.

$140000 Federal Tax Calculator 2018/2019 | 2018 Tax Refund Calculator

She was self employed so imo it’s not as cut and dry as the calculator. She was (or was supposed to) be making quarterly payments. A lot of 1099 contractors don’t account for the tax payments they need to make throughout the year.

Or AP could have seen loving posts on CW’s FB where SW tagged CW, and then said to C.W., “Your wife isn’t abusive! She loves you! You’re not getting a divorce! You’re lying to me!”
Her FB page is so public. If the AP knows her name, which obviously she does, she would see SW’s posts and her video abt their new baby... i do know a few people that arent on social media at all, but I cant imagine getting involved with somebody and not checking them out. Also, some women’s don’t care if the guy is married...especially if she is married herself..

That can differ from how a body dies outside of the womb. You are looking at different biological factors, including temp of the womb vs temp of the room and how those factors affect body temps. You also have to take the placenta, which is still attached, into consideration. Before I had any living children born, I had a stillborn whose cord was wrapped around her neck. She'd been alive an hour earlier and was blue when she was delivered. Conversely, as a family therapist I worked with a client whose boyfriend had strangled her 5 year old to death. The hospital was an hour away and though the body paled, it didn't turn blue until long after the paramedics got him to the hospital. That is consistent with my personal experience with my younger child.

My hang up isn't that he may have lied about seeing a blue body-it is that he claimed to see SW strangling the second child, yet he presumably did nothing to save her. Brain death takes around 6 minutes; if SW was still in the process of killing her then it stands to reason that she was saveable.

eta: my fat fingers hate my tablet. They make up their own words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member