CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, if - if! - CW was into choking during sex, am I the only one who finds this, and the fact that his daughters were probably choked, incredibly scary?
The choking itself is being done for different reasons. One is sexual and the other is to commit a murder. That aside, he may have felt comfortable with that method, and used it for an obviously nefarious purpose.

Some serial killers will choke their partners during sex, and choke their victims during the commission of murder. In this case, both acts are sexual.

The choking itself is being done for different reasons. One is sexual and the other is to commit a murder. That aside, he may have felt comfortable with that method, and used it for an obviously nefarious purpose.

Some serial killers will choke their partners during sex, and choke their victims during the commission of murder. In this case, both acts are sexual.
I've been told, and I've read, that choking is very common in domestic violence because it is the ultimate power and control; breath and life itself.

Now, if - if! - CW was into choking during sex, am I the only one who finds this, and the fact that his daughters were probably choked, incredibly scary?

No, I mentioned this back when we were talking about the creepy Twister sheet over the doll's head. Many threads ago. My knowledge came from knowing a childhood friend who was being sexually abused, the abuser always covered her head. While not hand's-around-neck choking, it can be along the same lines.
We still do not know who took the pic of the doll. We do know that children sometimes react to trauma by playing it out using their subconscious.
I hope I am very wrong.

I've been told, and I've read, that choking is very common in domestic violence because it is the ultimate power and control; breath and life itself.
Absolutely. And if you think about it, it’s a relatively easy, and clean, way to commit a murder, especially when you have a size and strength advantage. It takes time, but there isn’t much cleanup.

Or it could have been sexual initially and turned into a death.

And talking to his friends about selling the house just a day after they disappeared. Well, he knew that they were not coming back, but you would think that he would at least put up a pretence that they were.
Didn't bother him.
A couple of people have said this but the only thing I saw was the friend saying that he had heard CW and SW were thinking of selling the house. Like they had discussed it prior to the events. I haven’t seen anything (except on here) that made it sound like CW suddenly said he was going to sell the house after she went missing

Or it could have been sexual initially and turned into a death.
I highly doubt it. If that’s the case, why not attempt to revive her and call 911. And why kill the kids? It also doesn’t explain the coverup, putting the kids in oil, and the lack of emotion.
Things like that do happen, but I don’t see that here, especially taken with the financial troubles and (potential) affairs.

I highly doubt it. If that’s the case, why not attempt to revive her and call 911. And why kill the kids? It also doesn’t explain the coverup, putting the kids in oil, and the lack of emotion.
Things like that do happen, but I don’t see that here, especially taken with the financial troubles and (potential) affairs.

I meant w/one of the kids. Blech. Need to vomit now.

Maybe it was some type of ARM mortgage with an adjustable interest rate. Perhaps the payment was lower and more manageable in the beginning but were raised eventually, leading them to an out of reach monthly payment.

I think they bought their home in 2012. At that point interest rates for 30 year fixed loan were as low as 3.75%. Since the house was a new build, the builder probably gave crazy incemtives if they used the builder’s preferred lender— it’s not unusual for buyer closing costs to mostly be covered by “builder concessions”. It’s also possible to get a conventional loan for as little as 3.5% down in CO now— 3.8% for FHA. For a $400,000 house with 3.5% down ($14,000) the monthly payment would be $2,572– that includes taxes, homeowners and PMI insurance—the whole 9 yards. I think I read somewhere on a WS thread weeks ago their stated income was $90,000 combined? That would easily cover the required debt:income ratios if they only had a “normal” debt load. It’s also possible that they got someone to co-sign the loan for them. With a co-signer requirements aren’t nearly as stringent. $2,572 may sound like a lot if you don’t live in Metro Denver, but it’s hard to find a 3 bedroom house in a decent neighborhood to rent for much less than that. Frederick was considered the boondocks not too long ago but has grown in recent years because people who work in Denver move there to be able to afford a nice home in a decent neighborhood. Lots of first-time home buyers. — Just saying that their home purchase doesn’t seem that extravagant in the grand scheme of things here.

Can they legally do that? Isn’t he innocent until proven guilty?
Aparantly in that state companies can fire for no reason, I’m not American so I’m not sure on the technicalities but some people have written about it on here. There is a common misconception that because he was fired on the Wednesday and was arrested late Wednesday night, that he was fired before they arrested him. However IMO they fired him with effect from the Wednesday. However the actual communication to him probably never happened or a letter, email was sent after the fact. I can’t imagine him taking a call from work whilst in the police station or afterwards in jail

A couple of people have said this but the only thing I saw was the friend saying that he had heard CW and SW were thinking of selling the house. Like they had discussed it prior to the events. I haven’t seen anything (except on here) that made it sound like CW suddenly said he was going to sell the house after she went missing
No. He talked to his friends about selling the house when he was staying with them just a day after his family disappeared. It is in the interviews that the Thayers gave. No friends have been interviewed that said that they were both thinking of selling the house.

Wouldn't it just be that he was let go? An employer in my state doesn't have to give a reason, just like an employee that decided to quit can do just that.
Has it been reported that he was actually fired?
I’m not sure what Colorado law is, but all media reports have used the word “fired.”

Wouldn't it just be that he was let go? An employer in my state doesn't have to give a reason, just like an employee that decided to quit can do just that.
Has it been reported that he was actually fired?
Where I live you cannot be just let go without a reason and an employee who just quits can be denied, some, but not all of the benefits due to him/her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478