Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased TWO FACE: THE MAN UNDERNEATH CHRISTOPHER WATTS by Nick van der Leek on Amazon Kindle. Has anyone else read it yet?
So I’m 500+ posts behind due to work and hurricane prep but ... this book - really? What could be in it? Not much more. A rehash of all the theories and comments on the internet (WS, Facebook, etc.). No family member or close friend is going to give anything of much value to the author.

I wish more people would come forward whom knew CW pre SW.
Ex girlfriends, maybe some ex co workers. Lots of silence :(

I am wondering, if perhaps, it is because SW's family has asked her friends not to speak about the case?

I am certainly not opposed to hearing from CW's side, but agree it would be nice to have information from someone close to SW as well.

Unfortunately, the individuals (IMO) we have heard from on MSM are somewhat difficult to trust in providing accurate information.

I didn’t see the video of her announcing they were trying. I think it may have been a sonogram.
Trinket, Do you think Shanann found out that night through their computer or his phone that he had an affair with a man and she flipped out? He doesn't seem like the type that would do this so is it alleged or real??

No, IMO, I don't think PD's would get as "creative" as private attorneys.

I'm not a big court-watcher, but one thing to keep in mind that the OJ case was a Hollywood case, with a Hollywood defendant, and Hollywood lawyers. (And a weak judge, btw.) I wouldn't use that case as an example of real life.

Other court-watchers, feel free to give us your opinions.
Thank you!

So I’m 500+ posts behind due to work and hurricane prep but ... this book - really? What could be in it? Not much more. A rehash of all the theories and comments on the internet (WS, Facebook, etc.). No family member or close friend is going to give anything of much value to the author.
You, or I, or anyone here can publish a self written ebook on Amazon. In fact, just go to Amazon and search for how to publish a self written ebook on Amazon. lol. But it could be a worthwhile book for people to read about what's known so far in the case, people who don't have time to follow crime boards, for instance.

:D
sorry, couldn't help LOLing, that's a funny reply although it must have been hell for you back then.
O/T but I have to say... he is 47 years old, has 12 kids from 8 different women ranging from age 8 to 30, including 4 marriages. And all through it, his family defends him like he's the most wonderful man on the planet and all the women/exes are horrible people and left him for no reason. it happens.

ETA: Oh and he was only involved in raising the youngest 3. He abandoned the other 9. Again, the woman's fault.

Last edited:
No, IMO, I don't think PD's would get as "creative" as private attorneys.

I'm not a big court-watcher, but one thing to keep in mind that the OJ case was a Hollywood case, with a Hollywood defendant, and Hollywood lawyers. (And a weak judge, btw.) I wouldn't use that case as an example of real life.

Other court-watchers, feel free to give us your opinions.
So right about OJ, Hollywood, and the (ugh) Judge! Don't you think the Scott Peterson and Jeffery MacDonald cases would have been over sooner and would have had less fanfare with PDs? Same result though.

I wouldn’t want to be the one having to spin that aspect of the case. He wanted the bodies to remain undiscovered, and that was the best place he could apparently think of. If you can kill your family, I guess you don’t care about what you do to them when they are dead.

And put them into different temperatures and environments so they don't have comprable degradation rates to determine time of death as a side-by-side comparison?

You can get a blood test that determines gender very early. If she was going to be 35 by delivery they offer it and with her health issues they probably offered it as well. I saw a SM post of hers that she actually asked others if they took one of those gender tests from amazon so maybe she ended up doing that. I also got an elective ultrasound at 14 weeks because I was impatient and wanted to know gender. It was like $50. So I would say there are multiple ways to determine gender by 15 weeks.
Well, then I guess this makes me old. :(OBGYN technology has moved at lightning speed since I had my littles.:p

O/T but I have to say... he is 47 years old, has 12 kids from 8 different women ranging from age 8 to 30, including 4 marriages. And all through it, his family defends him like he's the most wonderful man on the planet and all the women/exes are horrible people and left him for no reason. it happens.

Sorry you had to endure that, but he must be very charismatic. As SW would put it, "he had game."

One thing I’ve wondered: If Shanann has so many health issues, and children with heath issues, numerous debt/money problems and a tense marriage, why would either of them think it wise to have another child at that time? After what we’ve learned about their family situation, I find it highly unbeleiveable that Chris was begging for another child. Especially if he was already engaged in an affair or at the very least, weeks away from starting one. A man doesn’t go from wanting a child with his wife to committing adultery in the span of a few months. Do you believe it’s possible that Shannan felt the marriage slipping away and got pregnant on purpose to “keep” him? This scenario would put a lot of the peices of the puzzle together.

Do you mind if I jump off your post?

Hi, I'd like to add a thought I wondered about and plus a few things from personal experience, not w lupus but a different one but same ilk. All meo :)

Another baby on the way took my mind to the relationship presentation CW gave on relationships (I've heard of similar pre-marriage/marriage counseling courses), his presentation mentions another baby could save the relationship.

And on autoimmunes (RA, SLE, SSc etc.), (MEO), some women who have these practically get remission during pregnancy and bit after giving birth (the human female has incredible changes during pregnancy to protect the new life inside the woman's body and to prevent the body from not reacting to it as foreign as well as the calmed immune system stops attacking the mothers body to some or MUCH extent too). End result they feel much better, and some have chosen to have more children because of that, allow them to function better, care for the children better, earn an income, and on and on. Also, there is a quite effective immune suppressant for autoimmunes, helps slow down the redlined immune system, but is also toxic to pregnancies and the egg folicles in the ovary for many many months. I'll be very interested to see if her meds come out. Idk if it could have come into play, she was in prime childbearing years. I have no idea how severe her lupus was so this may not apply at all.

And put them into different temperatures and environments so they don't have comprable degradation rates to determine time of death as a side-by-side comparison?
That’s really advanced thinking, and it doesn’t seem to jibe with the rest of his haphazard and reckless actions. I see his disposal and coverup, as a reactionary response, as opposed to a well calculated and premeditated effort. I think that if he achieved that result (different body decomposition rates), it was purely incidental.

How would any of the above tend to make you think she killed her little girls, if that is what you are saying? On the one hand you say the pregnancy info is TMI and should be kept private, not shared on SM, then after that you say it would be a "can of worms" if she was already pregnant before going on SM. Seems like a contradictory criticism of her.
Or a motive for her killer....

That isn't funny. What a nightmare he was. He needs to go on a TV show - a US equivalent of Jeremy Kyle show.

Man who claims affair with accused family killer Chris Watts says Colorado dad gave him money, claimed pregnant wife Shanann Watts was ‘abusive’: EXCLUSIVE

I still have a tough time believing this guy is for real. You'd think that if he did talk to the FBI, etc. they would have told him to shut up.

I don't think it's in his nature to shut up. I'm not surprised CW gave him money and gifts even though he couldn't afford it--he knew that soon he wouldn't have the added expenses related to his daughters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member