Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with differing opinions, in fact I am interested in them. I do have a problem with the use of videos to pick SW a part and a few other things, but first. My mother was married to a monster, my stepfather, for over twenty years. For about the first 15 years of their marriage you would not have found anyone to say a bad word about him. If there had been videos, he would have been the quiet one gently smiling in the background and, yes, you would have heard her make some digs at him. In private, he never abused her physically that I know of, but the emotional abuse was devastating! It changed/ruined her life and greatly effected mine. Insults, degradation, almost all holidays ruined. He had a neat trick with the holidays, he would nitpick, insult, pick fights, refuse to entertain and eat with guests when they arrived, etc. Until my Mother was almost a basketcase and then. . .when guests did arrive he was was Mr. Charming and she was pouting or sulky and everyone felt sorry for him! After about 15 years the mask began to slip and people finaaly began to see him for what he was and finally started to support her. She also entered therapy, which greatly helped and finally led her to divorce him. Even after the divorce he intimidated and harassed her. I won't go into details, for one thing it still hurts, but suffice to say; I know very well that there can be a facade and life behind the facade can be so much different! Also, his family (mother, 3 sisters, and brother) were all as bat crap crazy as he was and would defend him with their last breath, except for one sister, and they would excoriate my mother and anyone else. He also had friends that truly believed that he was the "good guy" and would say so. He could charm people when he wanted to, at least for a great while. If anything had happened in that first 15 years I have no doubt everyone would have been shocked because; he was so quiet and nice. And they would have pointed out my Mother's perceived short-comings.

So, sorry for the venting, but I know first hand about hidden secrets and ugly behavior. I know things aren't always as they seem. I also know that even monsters will have supporters who will tell a pretty story. I think I have a pretty good and valid idea of who and what CW is and what he did. I'll listen to other ideas and opinions, if they offer some substance, but I haven't encountered any yet that would change my mind!
@Thepoet
Sorry you had such a monster for a stepfather. Also completely agree with you about the cherry-picking and nitpicking of Shanann's FB videos.

She was either not protective enough or too overly protective of Bella and CeCe. Her bossy ways might have driven CW into the arms of other men and women and enraged him enough to kill his family, even though she was bossy from the beginning of their relationship, which apparently attracted him to her. On behalf of the "bossy wives club" (which I may or may not be a member of), that's pretty scary and extreme.

I'm here because I'm open and interested in hearing everyone's thoughts. Heck, I'm probably in the minority here, but I was even kind of bummed when @DAdvocate left us.

Does anyone have the video of CW in the kitchen making breakfast and singing “hot dog hot dog hot diggity dog”? Was looking for it again last night and I cannot figure out where I’d seen it.... I need better organization for these videos!
TIA
Here is a link to all of SW's videos on her FB. They appear as thumbnails.
You can recognize certain events from the still frame of the video. You have to be logged into FB before clicking on the link or it will
show you the "Whoops can't load hand."

https://tinyurl.com/y9uxggfl

Last edited:
I found his presentation in 2012 at the college to be interesting. He picked the topic of " Deterioration of Relationships" I noticed his tone was flat throughout the whole thing. It was if he was giving a boring speech about Scientific Method. But he was talking about relationships almost as if he himself could not relate. Strange how he said of sudden deterioration: ""Sudden would be an example of infidelity..." he was reading what he wrote so I don't think he misspoke. He said it backwards, almost as he himself didn't understand what he was saying. Just an observation. Jmo. Also interesting how he states, usually the more attractive one leaves...

@Thepoet
Sorry you had such a monster for a stepfather. Also completely agree with you about the cherry-picking and nitpicking of Shanann's FB videos.

She was either not protective enough or too overly protective of Bella and CeCe. Her bossy ways might have driven CW into the arms of other men and women and enraged him enough to kill his family, even though she was bossy from the beginning of their relationship, which apparently attracted him to her. On behalf of the "bossy wives club" (which I may or may not be a member of), that's pretty scary and extreme.

I'm here because I'm open and interested in hearing everyone's thoughts. Heck, I'm probably in the minority here, but I was even kind of bummed when @DAdvocate left us.
Well at least we haven't been advised lately to consider a triple murder with 2 killers and both sleepwalking at the same time. But seriously, the rest of your post is so true.

There is a side door to the garage indicted in the floor plan of their model. It sits too far back for it to show up in the photos of the neighbor's house that is for sale. Please see below.

From the photos, and the entrances and exits that they talk about being blocked, I do not think this door exist at their house. It clearly shows it was an optional door and it was never noted by Nicole or the police. I don't think it exists.

Maybe I am not seeing this as some others are, but I cannot see how it is closed minded to not speculate about whether she had Munchausen by Proxy because her children had diagnosed illnesses and allergies and she took them to the doctors once a month.
I cannot see how discussing things like that further our knowledge of the case.

I hear ya. But it's also hard to believe he killed everyone for any other reason as well, especially after getting to know him on the videos.

I'm envisioning a more "passive" reason (covering up and hiding) rather than an "active" reason (planned in advance to purposely eliminate). But I can definitely see both scenarios.

I am keeping an open mind (without my brains falling out in the process).

jmo
Yes, I see your point but his description of going into a rage points more to active than passive. Imo

I found his presentation in 2012 at the college to be interesting. He picked the topic of " Deterioration of Relationships" I noticed his tone was flat throughout the whole thing. It was if he was giving a boring speech about Scientific Method. But he was talking about relationships almost as if he himself could not relate. Strange how he said of sudden deterioration: ""Sudden would be an example of infidelity..." he was reading what he wrote so I don't think he misspoke. He said it backwards, almost as he himself didn't understand what he was saying. Just an observation. Jmo. Also interesting how he states, usually the more attractive one leaves...
I don't think that that presentation was his own work. Who writes their own presentation and then disagrees with one of the bulleted points?

Maybe I am not seeing this as some others are, but I cannot see how it is closed minded to not speculate about whether she had Munchausen by Proxy because her children had diagnosed illnesses and allergies and she took them to the doctors once a month.
It could be part of the case. It could be that CW was angry w/ medical bills, he didn't think the kids and Shanann were really sick. He could have thought SW was making the kids sick. The drumstick ice cream and nuts incident at his mom's house that caused hard feelings could have been one of the last straws w/ CW. Who knows? There are lots of reasons why it could be relevant.

I think he should be charged with the death of Niko. I don't agree with the CO law that doesn't allow for a death of a baby to be charged unless the baby has taken a breathe out of the womb.
The issue was put to the voters several years ago and As I recall it did not pass. It’s entangled with legality of abortion issues. As if that’s all a woman cares about.

I haven't discussed that. But, again, as mentioned many many times it's not to victim shame we're just trying to see what/if anything could have effected SW and CW's relationship.

I retract what I said earlier, it was an le on the case. But because of the manner in which it was shared I'm not certain I can post the link. If I can get the proper link I will. But as it is, it was her opinion, and I concur with her opinion. Also, we do know for a fact that the defense is accusing the DA of leaking information (link posted previously in this thread) so it's not necessarily false info (albeit, it's not right for the DA to leak anything.)
Oh, I know what you're talking about. It was CBI Analyst, who incidentally appears on the witness list..... IMO, this is what the defence was referring to in its motion

I don't think that that presentation was his own work. Who writes their own presentation and then disagrees with one of the bulleted points?
I haven't listed to the whole thing but it sounded like he was sourcing info
from known experts on the topic( or from the textbook) and then proceeded to dicuss the points as he saw them.

I wonder whether he was assigned this topic or chose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx