Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CW said in his interviews he was blowing through stop signs etc. 2:15 mark. I would be curious if there are city camera's on the route CW took that morning either before he went to work or on his way back after speaking with NU. It would be interesting to see if he did blow through stop signs etc or did he take his time back to the home to compose himself?

Full interview with Chris Watts 24 hours before he reportedly confessed to killing family

Also CW says
start 1:19 Bella WAS going to start kindergarden past tense ( I know this has been mentioned previously )
start 2:00 CW says that WAS not like her again in past tense.

Also, in interview with news team, CW's account of when NU contacted him did not match what NU said in her interview.

There is definitely a great deal I did not learn about it...how the tiers work, etc, because it bores me. But I think very, very few make it up that high and sustain it. Once you have tapped out everyone you know...plus each month those people who buy or are promoting for you have to keep buying in for the level to keep up. I think it is sad because it is a lot of work and yet you are essentially forced, if you want to succeed, to make it look easy. It has a cult like aftertaste to me when your livelihood depends on insisting everything is perfect, to everyone. Who can you complain to? Who can you be real with? How many sentences can I end with a preposition? :)
Haaaa great points. MLM’s are a shady and dangerous business. They have a tendency to isolate people from their friends, if not ruin relationships outright.

These companies operate very much like a cult, and few people actually achieve success.

I don’t believe the family was in very good financial shape, and I doubt Thrive helped this.

Who knows if their financial troubles played into the motive, but they very well might have.

CW said in his interviews he was blowing through stop signs etc. 2:15 mark. I would be curious if there are city camera's on the route CW took that morning either before he went to work or on his way back after speaking with NU. It would be interesting to see if he did blow through stop signs etc or did he take his time back to the home to compose himself?
If she mentioned she was calling the police...I believe he might have blown through stop signs. She said he did not seem concerned...but that seemed to get his attention. I think he wanted to arrive before the police.

Full interview with Chris Watts 24 hours before he reportedly confessed to killing family

Also CW says
start 1:19 Bella WAS going to start kindergarden past tense ( I know this has been mentioned previously )

Also, in interview with news team, CW's account of when NU contacted him did not match what NU said in her interview.
He’s a liar and a confessed one at that. What’s one more lie, really?

Haaaa great points. MLM’s are a shady and dangerous business. They have a tendency to isolate people from their friends, if not ruin relationships outright.

These companies operate very much like a cult, and few people actually achieve success.

I don’t believe the family was in very good financial shape, and I doubt Thrive helped this.

Who knows if their financial troubles played into the motive, but they very well might have.
Excellent observations, ITA.

PommyMommy said:
"I didn't find out that they were going to separate or anything like that until I called Chris that morning. When I called him and asked him where she was, that's when he told me and I basically told him that that wasn't my [concern] at that particular moment because it wasn't and that their business was their business, that they would either work it out or they wouldn't."
Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband not 'shocked' by his arrest
Interesting.

First Time Poster...been reading the threads the last several days. I have seen most of the FB videos and even read the Kindle book (have Kindle Unlimited...so it was free). I find this case fascinating mostly because of the wealth of SM information. It truly does appear to me that both parents loved those children. The time and patience CW exhibits with them is what I find most fascinating...because in my (non-professional) experience, sociopaths and narcissists do not have much patience for significant patient playtime with children. Granted, we are only seeing "on" time. There is a definite lack of any fear/concern/worry on the part of all parties (CW, SW, children) in every video of upsetting him. Nor is that present in any VI opinion. It is noteworthy to me. I was under the impression that a narc/sociopath goes through the motions, plays a part, but those closest to them (living with them) walk on eggshells. Now, I know family annihilators, from the studies mentioned by others here, tend to be seen as good parents...but generally, having no ability to empathize with others gives you a limited ability to do more than play act for short periods of time. So are they usually NOT narcissists nor sociopaths? Curious. Certainly, the act of strangling shows a lack of empathy. I will be very curious to see whether the children were heavily medicated first. Another topic that has me curious today is his decision to greatly narrow his window of events...by selecting 4 am as a time of waking up and having the "emotional conversation" - followed by 3 strangling deaths (which take 5 minutes each) - claiming he was in a rage for hers, but somehow then calms down enough to decide to cover up the entire evening by taking the bodies away by 5:15 am. Not to mention being able to work and tell tales within hours after that calmly. Of course, I do not believe his version of events. I do not have a hard time believing someone could murder their spouse just after the spouse murdered their beloved children. But immediately covering it all up, and calmly insisting to know nothing, keeping up with grooming habits/eating normally/etc makes it just plain unbelievable. It strains all credulity on its face, IMO. While I did not find him to be happy in his media interviews on Wednesday, I did see him very scared and constantly repeating his talking points. The one moment that really gets me is when he says in one that "this has to stop - somebody has to come forward." Wow.

Welcome!!!! Intelligent post. Thought provoking points.

What do you think of scott peterson? His status? Many who heard him talking to his girlfriend, laughing and pretending to be in Paris while he was really at a vigil for his dead, pregnant wife, felt he was sociopathic or psychopathic. But he had no criminal record, and there is no evidence of violence in his past or people waking on eggshells around him. He had a multitude of people write letters for him and testify as to his excellent character at trial.

And what about the BTK serial killer? is it possible to be a serial killer and not be psychopathic? He was a mild-mannered man with a lengthy marriage and there are zero accounts of any violence or of a family walking on eggshells. They describe a good father. A happy family life and a man with very dark secrets that no one in the family knew:

The Daughter of the BTK Killer Speaks Out | Reader's Digest

I mean you're right. People with those kind of issues or diagnoses tend to stand out, at least to those who have been in relationships with them.

But we have had example after example of horrifying killers who never betrayed a hint of the evil inside to those who loved them and knew them, until they were caught or ultimately ended their families.

It is confusing. What do you think?

BBM
I tend to think that he killed her earlier than 4 or 5 am. Listen to what he says just after the 6 minute mark in this video:
"I saw her when she got in, but it was really quick."
Ok @PommyMommy I noticed something as soon as he said "I saw her when she got in, but it was really quick" and then he immediately follows it up with "but I saw the kids in the monitor before I left". How odd to connect those two events one at 2 am and one at 5 am in the same sentence.
CW also mumbles no at the same time he admits he saw SW at 2 am as if he wasn't sure which he should say at that moment.

Also later in the video 7:55, the reporter mentions about SW expecting another child. CW just mumbles twice "um um". No reaction at all.

If she mentioned she was calling the police...I believe he might have blown through stop signs. She said he did not seem concerned...but that seemed to get his attention. I think he wanted to arrive before the police.
I am sure LE will obtain any video footage available on city intersections etc. I know we have camera's throughout the road way in my country and I am thinking you have it there too.

Perhaps. But the monster appeared very physically fit.... bragged about his workout, even showed himself doing push-ups with his babies on his back. The ones he stuffed into an oil tank. After carrying them up a ladder.

It would not be difficult for a man of his fitness to pin arms behind a back or neck(Shanann's for instance) and strangle with the other arm.

This case makes me sick.

Moo. Moo.moo

SW could be in bed, face down.

CW strangling her in this position, would stop SW leaving marks on CW.

SBM.

Thanks. I'd value an attorney (convenient for me, you are one!) explanation on this since I'm still confused- so if the DA charges someone like CW, does it mean by definition that they have enough evidence? Or is it just that they are going to hope to provide enough evidence eventually?

I should probably know this by now- TIA.

They have to have probable cause to arrest the person. But typically, I have observed the state requires more than probable cause to charge someone, even though that's all they have to prove at a preliminary hearing. I know that because we read or hear in true crime novels/programs, of conversations between the state and LE, sometimes arguments, about whether the case is "strong enough" for trial. And probable cause is not a difficult threshold, relatively speaking. It's certainly not enough to sustain a conviction. And the DA's office is a political one. They don't like to bring losers to trial. It makes them look bad and have issues with reelection.

Also, I've listed the evidence that we know of so far (it's at the beginning of the thread) and I think it goes far beyond probable cause. It's powerful circumstantial evidence. For me it would be enough if I were a juror, just with what we only know now.

The investigation continues in this case but they didn't charge him in the hopes that something more compelling would surface.

Also CW says

I believe him. If he was worried they would enter the house without him, he would be in a panic to get there.

What do you think of scott peterson? His status? Many who heard him talking to his girlfriend, laughing and pretending to be in Paris while he was really at a vigil for his dead, pregnant wife, felt he was sociopathic or psychopathic. But he had no criminal record, and there is no evidence of violence in his past or people waking on eggshells around him. He had a multitude of people write letters for him and testify as to his excellent character at trial.

And what about the BTK serial killer? is it possible to be a serial killer and not be psychopathic? He was a mild-mannered man with a lengthy marriage and there are zero accounts of any violence or of a family walking on eggshells. They describe a good father. A happy family life and a man with very dark secrets that no one in the family knew:

I mean you're right. People with those kind of issues or diagnoses tend to stand out, at least to those who have been in relationships with them.

But we have had example after example of horrifying killers who never betrayed a hint of the evil inside to those who loved them and knew them, until they were caught or ultimately ended their families.

Yes, I think this is one reason why these cases are so fascinating to people...because people want to believe there are signs. That it cannot happen to them. With the cases you mention, I do not believe we had the SM videos to see for ourselves family interactions. It was easier to say there should have been signs of lack of empathy.

I actually thought Scott Peterson reminded me of an ex of mine everyone loved but was as shallow as a sidewalk puddle. I guess I was just wondering does a crime and coverup ala Scott P or CW necessarily equate to a lack of the ability to empathize? The FBI profiler interviewed by one media outlet seemed to point to this with CW. He certainly came across as narcissistic in his media interviews as there was just so much emphasis on how them missing affected HIM...not what they might be going through. But do you have to be a sociopath/psychopath/or/narcissist to commit this crime? I am just curious. Do you have to have the ability to empathize damaged or nonexistent to murder a child? I was certainly not saying he might not have done it...just trying to wrap my mind around it. I have not studied it but it is interesting to me.

PS Rockstar job on the audio discussion you had the other day. What a prosecutor you would make!

Ok @PommyMommy I noticed something as soon as he said "I saw her when she got in, but it was really quick" and then he immediately follows it up with "but I saw the kids in the monitor before I left". How odd to connect those two events one at 2 am and one at 5 am in the same sentence.
CW also mumbles no at the same time he admits he saw SW at 2 am as if he wasn't sure which he should say at that moment.

Also later in the video 7:55, the reporter mentions about SW expecting another child. CW just mumbles twice "um um". No reaction at all.
Well, he's a lying liar who lies. And he sucks at it. :D

Maybe he was hoping to keep his wife's pregnancy a secret from someone?

Scott Peterson strikes me as being very similar to C.W. He definitely came across as being more charismatic than C.W., but he also exhibited the same cold demeanor. No one would have expected him to do what he did, which seems to be the case here.

BTK was able to pull the wool over his family’s eyes, but not those of the people with whom he interacted.

He was controlling, aggressive, and just plain mean to many of his colleagues, especially female ones.

When he worked as a dog catcher, he took pleasure in taking people’s pets from them, and on atleast one occasion, took a pet without the owner knowing, and had it destroyed.

He was able to give the appearance of being a loving father because he only seemed to act out, outside the home.

He got his kicks from murder, but also from the power of his job. He of course also liked to tie himself up, and take photos of himself in women’s clothes.

His psychological problems seemed to be deeper than C.W. But a killer is a killer.

Yes, when the reporter asks if he saw her when she got home, it seems as if he is trying to rush right by the question, so instead of having to elaborate or leaving it open so the reporter can ask something else, such as " did you talk to her? , he immediately mentions seeing his kids on the monitor. Then at one point he closes his eyes. Doesn't mention the "emotional conversation" at all. Maybe he added that part after he spoke to his dad. Jmo

Scott Peterson strikes me as being very similar to C.W. He definitely came across as being more charismatic than C.W., but he also exhibited the same cold demeanor. No one would have expected him to do what he did, which seems to be the case here.

BTK was able to pull the wool over his family’s eyes, but not those of the people with whom he interacted.

He was controlling, aggressive, and just plain mean to many of his colleagues, especially female ones.

When he worked as a dog catcher, he took pleasure in taking people’s pets from them, and on atleast one occasion, took a pet without the owner knowing, and had it destroyed.

He was able to give the appearance of being a loving father because he only seemed to act out, outside the home.

He got his kicks from murder, but also from the power of his job. He of course also liked to tie himself up, and take photos of himself in women’s clothes.

His psychological problems seemed to be deeper than C.W. But a killer is a killer.
Yes! That last bit. Reanacting his crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState