Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to be pedantic here but basically yes. It's a major theme of the C20th feminist movement, so whilst it would be hard to quantify the academic research I'd hazard a guess that would be in 7 figures, from direct experience.

Yeah, I don’t have any academic research to cite here, though I’m sure it exists. Women are devalued regularly and often, but the way western gender roles are, femininity is seen as soft and weak, and masculinity is seen as the opposite.

I wonder if the case of Sally Challen might fall along those lines. Apparently her husband emotionally abused her by criticzing her weight, insisting she do all the housework, was horribly controlling, while he visited brothels and such. Sally Challen

Good point. In SW's facebook posts, she was doing all of the housework. She did post pictures of CW mowing - a very small yard!

IIRC all day Wed when contacted by media, Anadarko were simply referring to CW as a former employee and just confirmed that he had worked there. So lots of people thought maybe he had worked there some time ago. They announced his firing on Thurs after his arrest but it was effective the previous day (i.e. pre his 11pm arrest). There were a lot of posters on the threads pointing out that Colorado is a 'without cause' state (being in HR you'll know a lot more about this than me!) and that from the moment Anadarko were helping police CW was gone as an employee. There's more detail on this on the early threads but I know it's a lot to read through!
EBM, for accidentally clicking reply before typing my thoughts.... need more coffee!

I can barely keep up with the current thread, and joined around #18 or so, so some of my thoughts may have been covered, but they whiz by so fast that sometimes my head spins! LOL

I live and work in an "at will state" but just because there is "at will" does not actually mean you can just go terming people without cause and not be sued for wrongful termination, etc. so even in these states we have to follow state and federal employment laws to protect our companies from very expensive lawsuits, and we have to be careful of the reason given for termination, as that can come back on us as well. Honestly, we can fire someone for wearing purple shoe laces, if we don't like it, but we do have to give them the opportunity to take corrective action, and document their adhering or dismissing the suggestion to corrective action. There are also other reasons we have documented terminations, such as protesting costly unemployment claims. When one is termed for "at will" with no other reason given, they will more than likely qualify for unemployment, which is also costly for a company.

I hope this makes sense.... i always start typing with the intention of making it brief then it somehow turns out not to be. :oops:

Oh, MEO, MOO, JMO

Last edited:
So basically the only fact we have to go on that SW killed the girls is CW's word? There hasn't been any physical or even circumstantial evidence pointing towards that yet? Only speculation based on feelings people get from watching her SM videos? (And not everyone interprets those videos the same way.) And the idea that she might have known that he was cheating? (Though that is also speculative.)

Correct, at this stage no evidence has been released that suggests SW killed the girls.

That was also my question, as well. Iirc he was detained at the station for questioning earlier that day, though not sure exactly what time (I would MOO it was sometime in the early afternoon, since the Thayers stated in their interview that he left their house late morning to pick his father up at the airport) and he wasn’t actually under arrest until 11:30PM Wednesday night. I am an HR professional and it seems odd that there would be an HR rep on hand at that time of night to render a termination. Hence leading me to believe he would have been termed during normal business hours. (MEO). Which also leads me to further question his reason for termination. I plan to try to do further research into their policies and procedures and code of ethics to see if he may have broken a policy by being a suspect, since there was no reports that he admitted to anything until after he spoke to his father that night. I’ve read other speculations on his term reason in other forums which have me interested on another possible motive which could lead to signs of pre-meditation.
I would think he would have been terminated immediately following his arrest. Initial reports were that he confessed to killing all three. Was he not fired by then? Or was it before his arrest?

Yeah, I don’t have any academic research to cite here, though I’m sure it exists. Women are devalued regularly and often, but the way western gender roles are, femininity is seen as soft and weak, and masculinity is seen as the opposite.
I

IMO, misogyny is a good word. Also, JMO, misogyny perfectly describes CW's story that SW strangled her own daughters. It reeks of her being so desperate when faced by his rejection that she chose to murder her own daughters in order to seek vicious revenge.

JMO, I hope every woman on the jury recognizes his story for what it really is.

All just a big JMO!!!!!

Don't want to be pedantic here but basically yes. It's a major theme of the C20th feminist movement, so whilst it would be hard to quantify the academic research I'd hazard a guess that would be in 7 figures, from direct experience.
Yes, there is definitely an ample amount of research on the subject. I'm not sure if we see any evidence of that in this case, however. Except of course in his final act. Jmo

I

IMO, misogyny is a good word. Also, JMO, misogyny perfectly describes CW's story that SW strangled her own daughters. It reeks of her being so desperate when faced by his rejection that she chose to murder her own daughters in order to seek vicious revenge.

All just a big JMO!!!!!
I'm sure they will see right through it. Imo

I

All just a big JMO!!!!!

And many of us saw that coming from the moment he was arrested. We KNEW he would blame her for the girls and that was long before we watched and analyzed all the videos. It's CYA 101, as well as misogynistic. My mom knows nothing of the case but when I told her a man had been arrested for killing his family her first words were, "I bet he blamed her."

No, as far as I can tell it is just his claim. There is no evidence to support the theory that she was the one to kill her children. Posters have asked several times for reasonable motives based on the details we have so far, or even speculation based on what we have seen so far. There have been a few, but I think some people would still like to hear something more convincing. Jmo

As far as evidence per se I don't think I've seen a better caution recently than the one in attorney Amanda's post from the previous thread

which starts with:
"This is exactly what I’ve been thinking... we have SO little actual information about this case - most of which comes from the affidavit - and then an awful lot of rumor and conjecture and dubious conclusions."

And many of us saw that coming from the moment he was arrested. We KNEW he would blame her for the girls and that was long before we watched and analyzed all the videos. It's CYA 101, as well as misogynistic. My mom knows nothing of the case but when I told her a man had been arrested for killing his family her first words were, "I bet he blamed her."

Isn't it interesting how older people often see things so clearly without having a lot of detail?

JMO, If CW perceived SW emasculated him, and he was so fed up, why didn't he just leave? He never needed SW's agreement to separate.

Instead of leaving, he became involved in an extra-marital affair with a co-worker. This required him to betray his wife, and also his daughters. It means he lied. It means he gave time, energy and attention to an AP that should have gone to his family. It also means he probably spent money on the AP that should have been used to help support his family.

How does this make CW a "victim"? IMO, it makes him a cheater who lies. A very selfish person.

If it turns out that CW had multiple affairs, then that makes him an entirely different kind of animal.

All JMO.
Speaking of his affair, has she given any statements? I didn't read many of the first threads, but I have not heard much about what that relationship was all about. How much do we know? Was she shocked? What exactly were her comments, if someone doesn't mind rehashing?

It does not only exist, there is a massive amount of research, considering how long it has been an issue. Or attitude. All the males in my family have that attitude. As well as many others I have known. Jmo

Speaking of his affair, has she given any statements? I didn't read many of the first threads, but I have not heard much about what that relationship was all about. How much do we know? Was she shocked? What exactly were her comments, if someone doesn't mind rehashing?

I've not seen anything other than she acknowledged the affair and is cooperating with LE. There is speculation her name might be on the prosecution's witness list.

As far as evidence per se I don't think I've seen a better caution recently than the one in attorney Amanda's post from the previous thread

which starts with:
"This is exactly what I’ve been thinking... we have SO little actual information about this case - most of which comes from the affidavit - and then an awful lot of rumor and conjecture and dubious conclusions."
Thank you for that! I wasn't able to find it before...

That was also my question, as well. Iirc he was detained at the station for questioning earlier that day, though not sure exactly what time (I would MOO it was sometime in the early afternoon, since the Thayers stated in their interview that he left their house late morning to pick his father up at the airport) and he wasn’t actually under arrest until 11:30PM Wednesday night. I am an HR professional and it seems odd that there would be an HR rep on hand at that time of night to render a termination. Hence leading me to believe he would have been termed during normal business hours. (MEO). Which also leads me to further question his reason for termination. I plan to try to do further research into their policies and procedures and code of ethics to see if he may have broken a policy by being a suspect, since there was no reports that he admitted to anything until after he spoke to his father that night. I’ve read other speculations on his term reason in other forums which have me interested on another possible motive which could lead to signs of pre-meditation.

HR could've found something on his company email or security cameras that shows he broke rules or misused property and equipment. The termination of employment letter could've been issued the day before and presented when he was arrested. It's not unheard of. They want to shield the company's reputation and the media camping out on their facilities.

I would think he would have been terminated immediately following his arrest. Initial reports were that he confessed to killing all three. Was he not fired by then? Or was it before his arrest?
He never confessed to killing all 3. That was misreported. He did confess to disposing of all 3 in the oil field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee