Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The post should be in a V.I reference thread since we hit 60 pages a day here. I hate spying on peoples profile pages. :)
It’s different than spying on profiles because profile pages can be set to private (I think). I discovered this wanting to find all the posts of one of the VIs. You can do it through the black box that appears when you touch the avatar.

Ok, found this... A video of just SW and CW, no kids, interacting normally, happy, discussing each of their weight loss on Thrive. Just don't want folks here to think I'm biased - am open to any and all scenarios. So yes, here is one of them, from 11 months ago, life looked GOOD then. He appeared on camera behind her, she didn't tell him to disappear, etc. Shanann Watts
You said it though, “life looked good.” This video, like many of them, should probably be looked at in the context of it almost being a sales pitch. That’s likely the purpose of many of these videos, and that’s one of the reasons that I’m cautious about gleaning any information from them as to their happiness, and relationship health.

Appearances can be deceiving, but it is entirely possible that they were happy then. There’s just no way of knowing for sure.

I would repeat myself - it is not very mature to post that many snippets of your life online. None of us would look too wise if everything we do or say gets online.

I have the feeling that SW wanted to be an actress as a kid. And having gotten to these videos, she suddenly started realizing this dream - she is online now! Nothing in her suggested being successful in this role, her speech was almost stuttering and her messages were rather shallow, and I don't even know if she understood what was truly driving her, but here is how it looks like to me. I don't know whether relationship was so bad that it was her outlet, or if it got bad because of her constantly videotaping, but I think she praised her husband for the sake of these movies. And Thrive was not the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal was to be online. Her message as a divorced woman with three kids and without her beautiful house would have been very different, and SW did not want to be seen in that role. (Although I believe that in this position, surviving as single mothers, women can give really powerful messages - but SW's perception of the world was obviously different).

So what she says, laughing at him, is irrelevant. She is not emasculating him. She is the author, the screenwriter, and the actress of a bad movie. The problem is not her putting him down - the problem is, she views herself as sort of a celebrity. Her whole world is imaginary.

Still, nothing that could have not been helped, I think.

He, on the other hand, is scary.

I think it's a generational "thing." Seems the millennials, which it just occurred to me today that they both are, are VERY different from others of us a bit older. They think nothing of taking selfies as the lion is about to bite their head off (often leading to their deaths), selfies of everything, everywhere, every situation, and videos of E-V-E-R-Y-thing. While the rest of us might think have some class, some reserve, EDIT, filter, the millennials are of a different mindset!

We do have "legal separation" in Colorado. It's the same process as a divorce---you divide property and debts, award alimony, and make orders for parenting time and child support--but the marriage isn't dissolved, so the parties remain married. There would be a "Decree of Legal Separation" at the end of the case. Once the decree of legal separation has been in place for six months, then either party can petition the court to convert the legal separation to a divorce.

BUT, when most people say, "I want a separation" or "I want to initiate a separation" or "we've been separated for two years," what they really mean is a physical separation, where they no longer live together.

I believe the legal separation needs to be devised while people wait for divorce. It takes care of the rights people need while waiting.

Ok, found this... A video of just SW and CW, no kids, interacting normally, happy, discussing each of their weight loss on Thrive. Just don't want folks here to think I'm biased - am open to any and all scenarios. So yes, here is one of them, from 11 months ago, life looked GOOD then. He appeared on camera behind her, she didn't tell him to disappear, etc. Shanann Watts
Well at least now I know what "Thrive" is. Watching that video was very sad. Can't really tell much of anything other than they seem like any other couple. Jmo

As far as evidence per se I don't think I've seen a better caution recently than the one in attorney Amanda's post from the previous thread

which starts with:
"This is exactly what I’ve been thinking... we have SO little actual information about this case - most of which comes from the affidavit - and then an awful lot of rumor and conjecture and dubious conclusions."
I'm thoroughly confused at this point, seems even the MSM news may have made mistakes in reporting, then mix in the rumors, along with my personal thoughts = confusion.

I believe the legal separation needs to be devised while people wait for divorce. It takes care of the rights people need while waiting.
It's also legal grounds for divorce. Where I live it used to be a year. Maybe less now. It's a long time to wait if you really want out. We ended up using " constructive abandonment" I think it was called. In most states "Irreconcilable Differences" is not an option. Unless it's changed. Jmo

T<modsnip: no sleuthing family> Chris is the only one on the Deed of Trust. About a month after the closing on the house SW was added to the title.
Perhaps because his income was higher -

Edited to add - I'm not sure how this got posted because I started typing and hadn't finished! Meant to say, perhaps his income was higher at the time so he qualified for the mortgage? Then again, I think you can add anyone to the deed, as they aren't responsible for the mortgage loan.

DIGGING GRAVES IS HARDER THAN YOU WOULD THINK

My wife's dog died last night, and she and I had to dig a grave to bury it this morning. We live in Colorado. Our yard is sandy and rocky and dry, with natural grasses, yucca plants, and cactus, probably very much like the terrain where CW buried SW "in a shallow grave."

It took my wife and I an hour-and-a-half to dig a hole that was about 3 feet long by 2.5 feet wide by 2 feet deep with a pick axe and a shovel. We would have preferred for it to be deeper, but it would have taken an hour to get another 6 inches deep, the ground was so hard. Then when we got the dog in there, it took longer than you'd think to fill the hole back up with dirt.

This leads me to believe that if CW intended to bury all three bodies, he soon found that it would be an impossible task and would have taken all day, despite the fact that he is fairly young and in better shape than me.

Putting the girls in the oil tanks may have been out of necessity, especially if he was trying to dig graves when his Ring doorbell notification alerted him that NU had arrived at the home. He may have intended to come back later, with the CW's purse, cell phone, and belongings to finish the burying.

Edited for typo and clarification.

So sorry to read that, Bill. Hugs to your wife on her loss, too. I wonder if the area he buried SW in was "newly" disturbed so easier to dig in? NU didn't mention that he looked dirty, sweaty, etc., when he arrived at the house that morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be just like the one for SW. A Quit Claim Deed allows you to add or subtract a name from Title with a nominal fee. It appears in this case C.W. purchased the home in his own name and obtained the DOT. Then a month later he added SW with them being Joint Tenants with rights of survivorship. It takes all names on the current title to sign on it. And it’s recorded to become a public record.

You said it though, “life looked good.” This video, like many of them, should probably be looked at in the context of it almost being a sales pitch. That’s likely the purpose of many of these videos, and that’s one of the reasons that I’m cautious about gleaning any information from them as to their happiness, and relationship health.

Appearances can be deceiving, but it is entirely possible that they were happy then. There’s just no way of knowing for sure.
Exactly. The only thing I noticed was his looking up towards the right several times. Maybe looking at the clock? He seemed compliant yet a bit impatient. Which tells us nothing, really. She seems bright and cheerful. Very sad. I just can't imagine him putting his hands around her neck and strangling her to death. And I definately can't picture her doing that to each of her children. No way. Imo

I'm thoroughly confused at this point, seems even the MSM news may have made mistakes in reporting, then mix in the rumors, along with my personal thoughts = confusion.
There are things we know to be true, albeit very little in terms of the overall picture. This type of thing is normal for a case like this, especially when you have only one living person who knows exactly what happened.

Mistakes are inevitable in regards to journalism, but we do have facts upon which to build somewhat of a narrative. I think it’s important focus on what we do know to be true: Murders occurred, the suspect lied repeatedly, and he covered up the deaths of his family.

From there, everyone can form an opinion, which is where things get messy, as they usually do.

Perhaps because his income was higher -

Edited to add - I'm not sure how this got posted because I started typing and hadn't finished! Meant to say, perhaps his income was higher at the time so he qualified for the mortgage? Then again, I think you can add anyone to the deed, as they aren't responsible for the mortgage loan.

So sorry to read that, Bill. Hugs to your wife on her loss, too. I wonder if the area he buried SW in was "newly" disturbed so easier to dig in? NU didn't mention that he looked dirty, sweaty, etc., when he arrived at the house that morning.
That's a good thought. It's possible he had already dug the burial site for SW beforehand. Maybe part of his Saturday night out?

Exactly. The only thing I noticed was his looking up towards the right several times. Maybe looking at the clock? He seemed compliant yet a bit impatient. Which tells us nothing, really. She seems bright and cheerful. Very sad.
I’m not sure that was necessarily a sign of impatience, but the actions of a guy who was trying to conjure a narrative to sell his lies.

You can’t anticipate every question you will be asked in an interview with the media, and it’s not a smooth process (intellectually), to form a lie on the spot.

I think it's a generational "thing." Seems the millennials, which it just occurred to me today that they both are, are VERY different from others of us a bit older. They think nothing of taking selfies as the lion is about to bite their head off (often leading to their deaths), selfies of everything, everywhere, every situation, and videos of E-V-E-R-Y-thing. While the rest of us might think have some class, some reserve, EDIT, filter, the millennials are of a different mindset!

The millennials are the last generation both visual and verbal. So, in a way, they are still like us. Generation Z is way more visual and probably less verbal.

The millennials post a lot online but have offline lives as well. Many also remember that your online profile is also visited by job recruiters.

The length of SW's videos surprises me. I heard that statistically, an average person without ADHD can maintain attention for 20 minutes, then it starts drifting in-out. For ADHD person, it is 5 minutes. This if topic is reasonably interesting.

Last edited:
It's also legal grounds for divorce. Where I live it used to be a year. Maybe less now. It's a long time to wait if you really want out. We ended up using " constructive abandonment" I think it was called. In most states "Irreconcilable Differences" is not an option. Unless it's changed. Jmo

In Colorado it's 90 days for a divorce if things go smoothly. It's also a no fault state, so "Irreconcilable Differences" is enough. Just filing the initial divorce secures your rights, you don't have to file for separation and convert to divorce.

* not a legal opinion, just my own based on personal and professional experience.

It would be just like the one for SW. A Quit Claim Deed allows you to add or subtract a name from Title with a nominal fee. It appears in this case C.W. purchased the home in his own name and obtained the DOT. Then a month later he added SW with them being Joint Tenants with rights of survivorship. It takes all names on the current title to sign on it. And it’s recorded to become a public record.
Oh, I thought she lived in the house before they got married. I thought that's what Trinket said but I must be mistaking.

In Colorado it's 90 days for a divorce if things go smoothly. It's also a no fault state, so "Irreconcilable Differences" is enough. Just filing the initial divorce secures your rights, you don't have to file for separation and convert to divorce.

* not a legal opinion, just my own based on personal and professional experience.
Wow, sounds a lot easier than in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member