Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feature 2
As per this article psychological evaluations of the deceased offer a lot of valuable information not only to the trial but it helps loved ones in the family with unanswered questions . This article is great
The purpose of psychological autopsies (PA) is not to diagnose mental illness. Not at all.

Shanann didn't commit suicide. We know she was at a safe place, her home, when she was killed.
There is no need to perform a PA on her. IMO, JMO

Last edited:
I think it likely all medical records will be admitted at trial. Especially the children's records. I'd like to know why SW changed pediatricians because she was unhappy with them. The doctor's notes might be interesting. JMO
Is that allowed? What do you think the children's medical records could say to prove that Shanann murdered them?

That article is not applicable here. It is about suicide and murder and finding out if it was suicide or murder made to look like suicide.
I find nothing in that that applies here.
Feature 2
Posted the link again bc of screenshot there are other examples in the article I didn’t want to bother you with them all but here is one .

Attachments

• 76F4FB17-7CC8-4D81-A8FF-608C7AF39E70.jpeg
    76F4FB17-7CC8-4D81-A8FF-608C7AF39E70.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 41
Understatement of the year. That’s not normal. Then again, killing your entire family isn’t normal.
Agreed, it isn't normal in our worlds and I am not condoning CW.
I am not a psychologist or a psychiatrist but I think there are clinical diagnosis's that would explain that type of reaction at least I am certain the defense team will utilize those diagnosis's. I think we will have to anticipate that from the defense.

The news video of Susan Smith that I saw was her pleas to the kidnapper and she was sobbing. Nothing calm about her at all. Very emotional. iow, she was doing all the things some claim CW should have been doing and did not do. JMO

This is OT but how are they similar? Susan Smith supposedly was carjacked and her children driven away in front of her own eyes, if she was composed like CW, it would be very odd and suspicious, enough people at the time bought it though.

CW didn't witness anything of the kind (if we accept his porch interviews were true), he wanted to downplay his family's disappearance while SS had to appear distraught by what she's experienced, witnessing the kidnapping of her children.

They're both liars and killers, that they do have in common but have a different approach to suit the circumstances, and their reason is to escape a prison sentence.

If CW witnessed SW kill his children, you'd expect some kind of signs of grief leaking through even while he's lying or maybe, decline the interviews altogether. JMO

If CW is so innocent of killing the girls why hasn’t he shed any tears wouldn’t he be all broken up inside as those were Daddy’s little girls? NU said in her interview CW said “I feel like crying” she said “then why haven’t you”
Yes, I saw that. I thought that really said a lot. She knew from the start something was very wrong just from his behavior. Jmo
I think it likely all medical records will be admitted at trial. Especially the children's records. I'd like to know why SW changed pediatricians because she was unhappy with them. The doctor's notes might be interesting. JMO
If anything it will show her to be the more active, concerned parent if it comes to that. But I'm not sure the Drs records would even be needed. Maybe our lawyers can tell us if that would come into play. Jmo

The purpose of psychological autopsies (PA) is not to diagnose mental illness. Not at all.

Shanann didn't commit suicide. We know she was at a safe place, her home, when she was killed.
There is no need to perform a PA on her. IMO, JMO

However, the article is an interesting read.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An individual can become a victim due to two types of exposure… lifestyle and situational. The two aforementioned terms are defined by Turvey & Petherick (2009) and are as follows… lifestyle exposure holds that some people are more prone to being victimized due to their behavior, habits, or customs which exposes them to a greater amount of contact with crime and criminals (i.e. prostitutes, narcotics users). Situational exposure is the amount of one’s exposure to harmful elements experienced by the victim that results from their environment and personal traits at the time of their victimization (i.e. “being in the wrong place at the wrong time” such as tourists in a foreign country).
Whether a victim’s exposure is due to their lifestyle or is situational in nature, an analysis of these concepts is very much prudent when conducting a PA in order to ascertain as to how this contributed to an individual’s victimization in that either form of exposure allows an offender to gain knowledge of their victim and also assists them in seeking out the appropriate opportunity also. Exposure analysis during the course of a PA can give investigators insight into the mindset of an offender.

Feature 2
Would the defense not suggest SW was offender ?

Is that allowed? What do you think the children's medical records could say to prove that Shanann murdered them?
It could prove Shanann exaggerated their medical conditions demanding tests and procedures the doctor didn't think were indicated or necessary. The marriage was breaking up for a reason. The jury will want to know why. JMO

Good catch she always wore an Apple Watch I noticed. I have an Apple Watch and iPhone they work sync together in the health app. I wonder what happened to her Apple Watch? CW always wore that Purple lupus band. SW even made a comment he never took it off. Interesting he wasn’t wearing that nor his wedding ring in his media interviews.
It is true that CW wasn't wearing his wedding ring and lupus bracelet in interviews and that was discussed at length previously. It was odd about the lupus bracelet because CW always seemed to have it on in photos however, members on other threads did demonstrate the CW didn't always have his wedding ring on in photos. Some speculated because he lost 50 lbs that the wedding ring may be too big now. Some speculated that due to work regulations that he could not wear his wedding ring to work for safety reasons (snagging on equipment etc). But the lupus bracelet was odd for sure.

Good catch she always wore an Apple Watch I noticed. I have an Apple Watch and iPhone they work sync together in the health app. I wonder what happened to her Apple Watch? CW always had on that Purple lupus band. SW even made a comment he never took it off. Interesting he wasn’t wearing that nor his wedding ring in his interviews.
Please delete this a a double post. My iPad was lagging.

It could prove Shanann exaggerated their medical conditions demanding tests and procedures the doctor didn't think were indicated or necessary. The marriage was breaking up for a reason. The jury will want to know why. JMO
Yeah, an overprotective parent would be damning evidence. It’s a shame C.W. wasn’t even slightly protective of his kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90