Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone,
Without any new news or details it causes me to think about what we do know more than I normally would. I think that SWs trip to NC may be crucial to CW's story. If she confided in someone in her family or someone in NC which it appears she did (a friend/hairdresser of her moms says she mentioned something about a separation) about a seperation, hopefully she also relayed if this was her idea or CWs. I would imagine she did...
that's a pretty obvious element. In any case, either way, whosever wish it was, zit really doesn't matter too much, because the point is she knew about it...had time to think about it. If it had been her idea, which some posters suspect, she certainly would not have gone ballistic on that fateful night, if the emotional talk was about the separation. And even if it was CWs wish to separate, she would have had time to digest the idea so that on that fateful night, she wouldn't have lost it, as CW says she did, and insanely strangled her girls (I hate typing that). In other words, she wouldn't have been blindsided and beyond sanity and control. I think either way, his story doesn't make any logical or reasonable sense.

I get what you are saying. If she confided to both NUA and people in NC that a separation was immenint then it stands to reason that she was already expecting it. Therefore, the idea that he confronted her with it when she got home from AZ and she "snapped" doesn't hold a lot of water.

That is what I think happened also. Who would have known that he would have come up with the story that he did!

Quite a few of us actually speculated that, once arrested, he would try to shift blame. When I told my mom about his arrest, she said, "Ha, what did he do? Blame his wife for the kids and claim he killed her in defense?" And she wasn't following the case. She's just had a lot of experience with jerks.

I mean, I don't blame them one bit... If my sister and her two sweet girls were missing under suspicious circumstances, and then LE told us something like "Chris gave us information, and we are now heading out to where the bodies may be"..... Yeah :(

That is what I think happened also. Who would have known that he would have come up with the story that he did!
I think the fact that they found her body and the sheet and knew they would find the kids close by may have led to a 'We've got him' moment and then he spoke with his dad and came up with his ridiculous story.

Quite a few of us actually speculated that, once arrested, he would try to shift blame. When I told my mom about his arrest, she said, "Ha, what did he do? Blame his wife for the kids and claim he killed her in defense?" And she wasn't following the case. She's just had a lot of experience with jerks.
I enjoy reading first reactions.
I asked my wife what she thought when this first happened: She said he did it after the AP found out his wife was pregnant... after promising not sleeping together.
Interesting ideas/theories.

Good morning everyone,
Without any new news or details it causes me to think about what we do know more than I normally would. I think that SWs trip to NC may be crucial to CW's story. If she confided in someone in her family or someone in NC which it appears she did (a friend/hairdresser of her moms says she mentioned something about a separation) about a seperation, hopefully she also relayed if this was her idea or CWs. I would imagine she did...
that's a pretty obvious element. In any case, either way, whosever wish it was, zit really doesn't matter too much, because the point is she knew about it...had time to think about it. If it had been her idea, which some posters suspect, she certainly would not have gone ballistic on that fateful night, if the emotional talk was about the separation. And even if it was CWs wish to separate, she would have had time to digest the idea so that on that fateful night, she wouldn't have lost it, as CW says she did, and insanely strangled her girls (I hate typing that). In other words, she wouldn't have been blindsided and beyond sanity and control. I think either way, his story doesn't make any logical or reasonable sense.

One thing I find interesting....you can look at her pictures/videos on fb and see pictures of SW and babies with SW's mother. I believe they were EXTREMELY close. Yet, she has kept a low profile since the murder of her precious daughter and grandbabies. But, I would imagine that SW would definitely have confided in her Mom about any problems brewing with CW, JMO. My daughter calls me EVERY day. She may know a LOT more and the LE may be privy to that information. If there were problems, I believe SW's Mother was aware.

One thing I find interesting....you can look at her pictures/videos on fb and see pictures of SW and babies with SW's mother. I believe they were EXTREMELY close. Yet, she has kept a low profile since the murder of her precious daughter and grandbabies. But, I would imagine that SW would definitely have confided in her Mom about any problems brewing with CW, JMO. My daughter calls me EVERY day. She may know a LOT more and the LE may be privy to that information. If there were problems, I believe SW's Mother was aware.
I agree. My daughter would be far more likely to tell me about those kind of problems than she would tell any friend. I am not going pass it on like she might think a friend would.

Since it has been said that CW wanted the separation, couldn't he have waited one more day instead of discussing it in the wee hours of the morning? I think there was evidence of a romp with the AF when SW came home.

Good Morning all.

Good morning from beautiful Colorado! I haven't contributed here much because once I finally catch up with the craziness, it's usually closed :rolleyes:

I have so many thoughts, and still need to pick the brain of my neighbor who worked with CW (in the oil industry, not the dealership like I saw one poster speculate), but for now, the only point I want to bring up is that in the *official* statement from SW's family, published in MSM, they DO clearly state that Shanann AND the girls "were viscously murdered by CW".

Now, I don't know exactly how this is handled, with law enforcement being in touch with the family, but I assume they would be in close contact and would be giving the family accurate information, plus the family would presumably consult with LE before making an official statement. Obviously, this statement is not irrefutable proof that he is guilty, but I think it's another piece of compelling evidence that there WAS a confession to killing all of them, at some point. Wouldn't it be very unlikely that the immediate family would be given incorrect information about the confession? Or that the family would just make that up and make such an inaccurate statement?
Dear Colorado Love, Can you please ask your neighbor how large the openings in the oil tanks where the children were dumped are? Many of us have been theorizing that SW was buried, rather than dumped in a tank, because an adult would not fit into the opening, but it seems that many tanks have different size openings.

Since it has been said that CW wanted the separation, couldn't he have waited one more day instead of discussing it in the wee hours of the morning? I think there was evidence of a romp with the AF when SW came home.

Good Morning all.

Maybe the knowledge of one... but even he wouldn't leave stuff in the open when his kids were at home and his wife was due back. IMO

I enjoy reading first reactions.
I asked my wife what she thought when this first happened: She said he did it after the AP found out his wife was pregnant... after promising not sleeping together.
Interesting ideas/theories.

I really like first reactions, too. Gives you a fresh perspective on the case.

My husband and I have a podcast together. It consists of me finding strange or disturbing small town shenanigans (or crimes) and giving him all the details to get his virgin reaction. He goes into the story blind so he isn't biased. We have an upcoming episode about this case and, yes, it is definitely interesting to get a "newcomer's" initial assessment. He generally has good insight.

I know it probably is hard to come up with good info on the case every day... but come on AshleyB.

She was fired up because the home wasn't made a crime scene as soon as they were noticed missing. She was worried he had so much time to clean up. Even if he did... he didn't it seems. Gosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper