Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny, Juan was the prosecutor in the Jodi Arias trials.

He was very thorough.
This case and thread is about murdered Shanann and her murdered babies, Bella, CeCe, and Nico

If I understand the TOS correctly.

I wouldn't think so, but I have no clue really.
Agree @Tippy Lynn, I would not think so either but someone mentioned that if the preliminary process and due diligence gets derailed then it could be grounds for a mistrial down the road. So I was just curious historically if something like this has come up before in a case?

And not proofed. Wow! Kind of embarrassing IMO

So many eyes on this case.... I'm surprised! Someone is getting reamed. Can this type of mistake, which is not huge and not going to affect the overall trial, grounds for any type of appeal? ie ineffective counsel?

Edited because of auto correct!

Agree @Tippy Lynn, I would not think so either but someone mentioned that if the preliminary process and due diligence gets derailed then it could be grounds for a mistrial down the road. So I was just curious historically if something like this has come up before in a case?
Gitana and Althea, both verified lawyers have told us that it is an error and not that uncommon.
I am sure that the defence can amend it.

It was an analogy to another case we followed, the Jodi Arias case. The prosecutor found out information, about gas cans, but he never told anybody that he had found the information. Not until trial! No one on his team even knew! It was the most strategic thing many of us had ever seen in a case we followed. We even had a smiley for him and that was my :juanettes: reference. I was just thinking that perhaps the prosecutor in this case could do something like that with his shirt finding out it wasn't really purchased by her but by somebody else if you know what I mean.

I hear you. And worth knowing about. But last night Tricia was very specific about not bringing other cases into this thread. I believe the reference to this case may have contributed to shutting the thread down.

This thread is for murdered Shanann, Bella, CeCe, and unborn Nico.

Does CW have a history of domestic abuse? I mean before the night his family was murdered, what had he done behind closed doors that you consider to be domestic violence?
Silent treatment and gaslighting are forms of abuse which may have been a preferred punishment for the spouse if verbal confrontation isn't their forte. If SW wanted to resolve problems by talking them through, it's virtually impossible with a stonewaller.
I have no idea if this the case, I can only speculate that CW is capable of immense rage which leads to murder.
He strangled SW to death after she conveniently killed their 2 daughters while he was traipsing around the house, just moments before they'd had an emotional/civil discussion about separation? He's a liar and I don't believe a word of it. JMO

Silent treatment and gaslighting are forms of abuse which may have been a preferred punishment for the spouse if verbal confrontation isn't their forte. If SW wanted to resolve problems by talking them through, it's virtually impossible with a stonewaller.
I have no idea if this the case, I can only speculate that CW is capable of immense rage which leads to murder.
He strangled SW to death after she conveniently killed their 2 daughters while he was traipsing around the house, just moments before they'd had an emotional/civil discussion about separation? He's a liar and I don't believe a word of it. JMO
Yes, me ex was a stonewaller. His favourite trick was to say 'I am not looking for a fight but.......... and roll off a list of transgressions and would walk away. Sometimes even leaving the house.
Then he would not speak to me for weeks, sometimes the kids too.

I think it has to be a fundamental error that denies the defendant due process and a typo made by the defense themselves would not rise to that level. So I think in this case a cigar is just a cigar.

Historically there are lots of things that lead to mistrials and reversals but they are usually pretty big. Like failing to read Miranda warnings, keeping exculpatory evidence from the defense, or suborning perjury.

I'm familiar with domestic abuse and its various forms, and I've read many posts here speculating about CW being abusive. But so far no one knows or has any proof that he was verbally, emotionally, or physically abusive to SW or the girls. We can't say he was putting on a front for the public to cover how abusive he was in private when we just don't know. It's terrifying to think he just flipped a switch and did this one day.

IMO, based on what we know, he's a lot like Diane Schuler. Going along with life and then one day she'd had enough and killed everyone. Afaik she'd never been abusive to her husband or kids.

Here is some info on anger as a secondary emotion. It may be that you feel disrespected.

I wonder if CW was never allowed to show emotion. It was so typical especially for boys.

Seriously, there is a whole book on How to Talk Minnesotan which is so true. Even though Minnesotans aren’t big on showing emotions, we don’t have more murders than everyone else so there is more to CW than stuffing his emotions.

Anger: A Secondary Emotion

I do not believe that anger is a secondary emotion.

And my neighbor's dog's poo on my lawn makes me feel angry, not disrespected. Angry, because I have to pick it up. And angry because than other dogs pick up the scent, and will follow the lead.

I think you are over thinking it, trying to come up with another name for the primary emotion I am feeling. It is anger, not fear, not feeling disrespected...I am angry.

I'm familiar with domestic abuse and its various forms, and I've read many posts here speculating about CW being abusive. But so far no one knows or has any proof that he was verbally, emotionally, or physically abusive to SW or the girls. We can't say he was putting on a front for the public to cover how abusive he was in private when we just don't know. It's terrifying to think he just flipped a switch and did this one day.

IMO, based on what we know, he's a lot like Diane Schuler. Going along with life and then one day she'd had enough and killed everyone. Afaik she'd never been abusive to her husband or kids.
What do you think he'd had enough of? Based on evidence (affadavit) that would minimally based on his confession to dump his babies in oil tanks and put his strangled wife and unborn son Nico under shallow dirt vs interpreted SM posts by a seemingly loving wife and mama? (IMO)

I am trying to imagine what may be going on in CW's mind at this point in time with regards to his incarceration, his legal team, the evidence as it unfolds, the pending trial, the loss of his family, the loss of his freedom, no more hopes and dreams, loss of AP likely, fear of jail and being harmed in jail etc. What may be his thought process right now? I could be totally wrong and it may just be standard tactics by a defendant and a defense team but is it possible that CW realizes he isn't going to get out of this and is now stubbornly digging his heels in and making it as difficult as possible for the prosecution team by exerting every legal right he is afforded to the umpth degree and being stubborn while doing so.

No. It's an error. MOO
But is there no proofing before these are delivered? (I'm repeating myself..sorry!). Next thing you know, they'll be misspelling his name, or her name, or the kids names..

I'd also like to ask, do attorneys really plant nasty rumors out and about in order to change public opinion of their clients?? I almost hate to read the answer to this.. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but..at my (old) age of 60, I am just learning that there really are only shades of ethics and morals. I was hoping attorneys might try to stay above reproach. What to believe??

I do not believe that anger is a secondary emotion.

And my neighbor's dog's poo on my lawn makes me feel angry, not disrespected. Angry, because I have to pick it up. And angry because than other dogs pick up the scent, and will follow the lead.

I think you are over thinking it, trying to come up with another name for the primary emotion I am feeling. It is anger, not fear, not feeling disrespected...I am angry.

I definitely think you are the best judge of your own emotions. You know what you're feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109