Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am to believe that an exhausted pregnant loving mother and seemingly devoted wife came home from a weekend work trip and murdered her daughters?

And her cheating husband caught her doing it and strangled her and killed their unborn son instead of helping the babies and calling 911?

Then on top of that I'm supposed to believe he had some reason for dumping his daughters into an oil tank and dumping dirt over his wife and son.... instead of calling 911?

And then I'm supposed to believe he was grieving when he faced the cameras on his porch with a smile?

Seems like a lot to believe. jmo

In addition to that, you have to believe the inciting moment was discussing the idea of a separation that she possibly had already become so comfortable with that she’d informed her mom and a few close friends.

@nwmouse You and others might find this of interest. An article from before he was appointed the County DA: "Although Rourke told his father his goal was to prosecute a homicide case before he retired, he's tried a total of 16 in his 17-year career. The most memorable was the 2010 conviction of John Sandoval.

Although the Sandoval case is unique for a number of reasons — the 30-day trial was the longest in Weld County history, and the DA's office won a conviction despite not having one piece of physical evidence..." Michael Rourke talks about experience in Weld County as he aspires to be the next DA
@Tricia If I'm not allowed to post this, please advise and accept my apologies.

I apologize if this has been mentioned...I'm behind... but CW having a shovel would not be unusual. It's pretty standard for a field operator to carry a shovel.
Does Mr. have any insight if a portable gas tank is too? Idk, wondering if required incase they need to run a generator or something?

If I were SW, exhausted, not feeling well, after arriving home at 2AM, and I had to get up the next morning to go to the doctor, I think the last thing I would want to do would be to wake the sleeping children. I’d want to go to bed and get some sleep. I’d probably go to their doorways and take a very quiet peek at my beautiful babies, but I would most likely let sleeping dogs lie. And if my lying, cheating, jerk of a husband wanted to start an emotional conversation, I think I’d tell him to save it for the morning.

I totally agree. She comes home, after a long delayed flight, and not feeling well in this pregnancy, at 2 am. And we are supposed to believe that she is up at 4 am and engaging in an intense conversation, willingly? Two hours later? I don't think so.

I agree. I think that strangling those little girls had to have left bruising, finger marks, and handprints. It's so brutal to think about and a brutal, brutal way to die. I think the prosecution must feel confident they can match CW which is why they asked for the handprints, etc.

After all, they already have Shanann's prints I'm sure from the autopsy. jmo

He could have smothered each one with a pillow -- no bruising, little thrashing around, and no (please pardon) noises coming from the child as he did it. Fairly quick and very impersonal -- he would not see their faces - and no DNA. Simple, cold, quick, easy and it's done. That's been my idea for a while. SMH

I apologize if this has been mentioned...I'm behind... but CW having a shovel would not be unusual. It's pretty standard for a field operator to carry a shovel.

Our guys didn't usually have shovels for dirt. Sometimes they carried a folding shovel. The vacuum truck guys or dirt work guys had a couple of different shovels. JMO. But surely CW had a home shovel. I have wondered if he used some water to soften the soil.

I don't think he hated his kids. I think he hated his life. His identity. Or maybe lack thereof.

He wanted to be someone different, living a different life. I suspect he viewed his kids as extensions of himself but if he had a disordered sense of identity, it was a part of himself he wanted to shed, maybe.
I think 5 weeks of what I guess was nightly diversion with an unpregnant woman with no kids (just guessing here), was a real entertaining interlude. And, here comes the pregnant, (chubby with pregnancy), type A woman back again with the kids whose runny noses he has to clean sometimes. What a bummer for him.

Last edited:
I've already watched the interview videos. How can he smile at all? And show off that shirt? How on earth can he do that when he knew exactly where his wife and children were and knew exactly that he had dumped CeCe and Bella in oil and thrown dirt over Shanann and Nico?

In addition to that, you have to believe the inciting moment was discussing the idea of a separation that she possibly had already become so comfortable with that she’d informed her mom and a few close friends.
Unless the incitement was caused by the fact that he didn’t mind her leaving after all she had done to build him into an adult.

There was speculation on an earlier thread that she may have been experiencing dread while waiting for her flight in Arizona, not low blood sugar. I lost track of the thread. Could that be possible? Then, she put down her things as soon as she was inside, at home, and rushed upstairs?

He could have smothered each one with a pillow -- no bruising, little thrashing around, and no (please pardon) noises coming from the child as he did it. Fairly quick and very impersonal -- he would not see their faces - and no DNA. Simple, cold, quick, easy and it's done. That's been my idea for a while. SMH

That's true and that is how many parents have done that horrible deed.

But why wouldn't he then say that he saw SW smothering the babies? Because of the COD does not match his story, that is a problem for him. A big problem.

Unless the incitement was caused by the fact that he didn’t mind her leaving after all she had done to build him into an adult.
But would that insult be enough for a pregnant woman to strangle her two little girls, that she obviously loved very much?

There are plenty of ways she could make him pay, without killing her babies. She could have fought to keep him away from the babies, and she could have stopped working for medical reasons, forcing him to support the kids.

She could have reached out to his boss, told about the affair. Reached out to the AP, told her stuff, maybe reached out to her husband too?

Lots of ways to make him pay if she felt vengeful. JMO

They often bite their tongue or the insides of their cheeks with suffocation. They can also have a seizure.

Maybe when AP saw the family come back and realized that they were still a family with a baby on the way she gave him an ultimatum. But she probably did not intend that he deal with the ultimatum the way he did.

I am not sure what happened to the quote, but yes, I think that we are allowed to link to MSM news sites, Facebook even.
Sorry, I was wondering if it might have been a FB link to Denver7 or a FB comment there, and found a mssg above that is was a FB link (leading to Den7). Felt silly for posting before I saw the explanitory post above mine so I deleted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwoForJoy