Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the part that makes him so odd! Who the heck kills their own family in order to be with a relatively new lover? Who in their right mind???? Something if so off here! He must be a sociopath or something.
Scott Peterson for one. Although the death toll was lower, it was still horiffic.

Pardon my ignorance, but if a big shot defense attorney did show up, would they need to be versed in CO law? I mean a famous attorney like Thomas Mesereau or Gloria Allred et al (trying to name some high profile attorneys!!) who practice law in CA may not be able to defend someone in CO based on state law? Sorry if this is a silly question.

They would file what’s called a pro hace vice motion. If the court approves, the attorney can represent a defendant in a state in which she/he is not licensed to practice.

But would that insult be enough for a pregnant woman to strangle her two little girls, that she obviously loved very much?

There are plenty of ways she could make him pay, without killing her babies. She could have fought to keep him away from the babies, and she could have stopped working for medical reasons, forcing him to support the kids.

She could have reached out to his boss, told about the affair. Reached out to the AP, told her stuff, maybe reached out to her husband too?

Lots of ways to make him pay if she felt vengeful. JMO
Good points, all. If I were in that situation, I would have just taken my stuff, the girls, their stuff, and whatever else I wanted, shipped some of the items, if necessary, and then traveled back to NC. Certainly before that, I would retain a good family practice atty (i.e., divorce atty) from the area, had something drawn up about child support, visitation, etc., and GTH outta town. I'm a wimp. I don't like confrontation -- but I and the girls would hit the road asap. To h*ll with him.

IMO, the sharing of and at times, heated discussions of SW FB videos, including the most recent one with the girls playing in the water fountains, is an innocent attempt to understand how a seemingly normal, loving husband could murder his entire family and not stop there, but proceed to discard their bodies like trash. There have been serial killers that showed more respect for their victims by attempting to cover their faces and/or bodies. Another family annihilator, Robert Mochrie, at the very least, “pulled the duvet covers up over the heads” of his wife and two kids before killing himself. Everything about this case is horrific but the manner, in which CW disposed of his two daughters, is beyond comprehension. IMO
I think everyone here is trying to understand how he could do such a thing. The issue I have is the posting of cherry-picked videos and making insinuations based on them that Shanann was somehow a bad mom or wife.

The difference now is we have a defendant who is telling his story about what happened. He has not been found guilty so since he is the only witness and he says Shanann killed their two children then we have to allow discussion on whether this is true or not. If a member wishes to believe Chris Watts is telling the truth then we must respectfully let that person express their opinion as long as it is within TOS.

Please alert if you see a post that violates our terms of service. It is not a violation of our TOS if someone expresses that she/he believes Shanann murdered her children. Until we have a guilty verdict or until Chris Watts changes his story we will allow discussion on this topic.

Thanks,
@Tricia

I personally believe that type of speculation should have a relevant connection. If no argument is being made that she murdered her girls, then those criticisms are nothing more than victim blaming. IMO JMO MOO

Does anyone have any clues or intuitions into how the prosecution will connect CW to the actual murders?
There is likely a wealth of evidence we are not yet privy to, but from what we know already: (1) no one else present at the house during the commission of the murders (per cameras and his confession), (2) he confessed to killing SW (per his confession), (3) he IMMEDIATELY launched into a detailed plan to cover up that any murders took place, showing consciousness of guilt, including but not limited to: transporting the bodies and dumping them in tanks of crude oil and a shallow grave at his employer's site (committing multiple felonies in the process and hampering future investigation of their deaths by tampering with evidence), texting/calling his dead wife to pretend he did not know where she was, lying to police, family, friends, and the sympathetic public - launching a frantic search for said family while he knew they were dead, and giving multiple media interviews which most people found to lack grief, remorse, devastation, and appeared rehearsed with lies, and (4) only confessed to one murder and the felonies of tampering with evidence when police had zeroed in on the location of the bodies in one of the only possible explanations one could come up with to mitigate culpability. Am I missing anything? Well, that and his confession lacks a story that people could actually relate to and see a reasonable person actually behaving in the ways he claimed.

There is likely a wealth of evidence we are not yet privy to, but from what we know already: (1) no one else present at the house during the commission of the murders (per cameras and his confession), (2) he confessed to killing SW (per his confession), (3) he IMMEDIATELY launched into a detailed plan to cover up that any murders took place, showing consciousness of guilt, including but not limited to: transporting the bodies and dumping them in tanks of crude oil and a shallow grave at his employer's site (committing multiple felonies in the process and hampering future investigation of their deaths by tampering with evidence), texting/calling his dead wife to pretend he did not know where she was, lying to police, family, friends, and the sympathetic public - launching a frantic search for said family while he knew they were dead, and giving multiple media interviews which most people found to lack grief, remorse, devastation, and appeared rehearsed with lies, and (4) only confessed to one murder and the felonies of tampering with evidence when police had zeroed in on the location of the bodies in one of the only possible explanations one could come up with to mitigate culpability. Am I missing anything? Well, that and his confession lacks a story that people could actually relate to and see a reasonable person actually behaving in the ways he claimed.
Brilliant. We need you on the prosecution team!

That's the part that makes him so odd! Who the heck kills their own family in order to be with a relatively new lover? Who in their right mind???? Something if so off here! He must be a sociopath or something.
Then what would happen when he got bored with and tired of the new lover??? Kind of a Drew Peterson
kind of thing? The women keep "vanishing"?

They’re trying to block everything. We may not like it, but that’s their job. It shows that they are doing everything they can for their client.
I know that but there has been speculation that the prosecution in petitioning to have the autopsy results locked, that there is something nefarious going on with that. What is good for the goose.

Chiming in after looking at news and stats, which indicates that very few attorneys are disbarred.
Disbarred lawyers face career, personal hurdles
Published 10:51 p.m. ET Jan. 19, 2014
According to the American Bar Association, 1,046 lawyers were disbarred nationally in 2011, or about 0.08% of the roughly 1.27 million practicing lawyers.

2016 ABA survey:
https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/administrative/professional_responsibility/2016_sold_chart 3b.authcheckdam.pdf

My state, FL, is listed as having the most disbarred.

Again, my post was not about the amount of attorneys disbarred.

To be crystal clear: (1) Attorneys violate the rules. (2) Attorneys get disbarred.

Attorneys also get sanctioned, suspended, and publicly and privately reprimanded.

In the video, SW tells CW to stop them and he tries somewhat so I think awareness that this wasn’t appropriate can be assumed. But then she posts it on her FB which is where I got it. I’m confused by that. I’ve taken some heat by sharing this video. The majority believe he killed them all. I believe that, too but of course I don’t KNOW. I don’t understand how people can believe he’s capable of murdering his entire family and of having affairs with both sexes but it’s a stretch to believe he was capable of sexual abuse? Of course children explore sexually but at this age? I raised two daughters and have been babysitting my three grandchildren (one girl age 11 and two boys ages 10 and 2) since birth and I’ve never seen them play like that.
Does anyone think it's a little odd that near the end of the video, Bella stands up, looks & points in the direction of the phone/camera (i.e. CW & SW), and says "NO!"

True. I have kept thinking that some big shot private defense attorney would show up for the publicity. In fact, I thought awhile ago that they'd been retained based on tactic I've perceived.

But no. And looking at the motions the PD has filed so far and other things I'm observing, he's got a scary good PD team. Pronoun typo aside.

Really good. I'm impressed and they scare me.
I think it’s a loser case. I’ll be surprised if a hot shot lawyer steps in. Losing is not good for the ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly