Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 4 year old niece. I’ll figure out a way to check the viability of this tomorrow.

And to make a Contraption with a belt or a string to put around them, remember from Junior High School,
C= π r square!

if the radius is 4 inches, then the circumference of the belt would be 25.13 inches. if the radius is 5 in, then the circumference of the belt would be 31.42 inches.

Most schools don't have Home Ec classes anymore. Our state stopped doing Home Ec back in the mid-1990s, as have other states around me. Although shop classes are sometimes offered in middle school (7th and 8th grades) it's more of a high school elective now. I don't think any area middle schools offer it.
I think it varies by state. My school corporation has “FACS” (family and consumer science) which is this generation’s home ec. We offer both middle and high school classes.

I think it varies by state. My school corporation has “FACS” (family and consumer science) which is this generation’s home ec. We offer both middle and high school classes.

We have that as well, but it is slightly different from the Home Ec of yore, ha ha. It teaches about ID theft, student loans, mortgages, online banking, etc. Although I think they DO still bake muffins.

She was not on the original mortgage . Was she added to the mortgage or only to the deed?

Were they married when they purchased the house? I am confused about that. If she got her assets after the marriage, wouldn’t it be considered part of marital assets ?

I used to be a realtor in my other life. Many times we would have a couple get a mortgage in one name; because the other spouse had bad credit. Then after the sale the other spouses name would be added to the deed.

I can confirm, through my source who works in the industry, that the specific tanks shown in the photo of the actual body disposal site, do only have 2 access points, that CW could NOT have drained the tanks to gain access to the manway/cleaning doors unless they were practically empty, and that putting the bodies of a 3 and 4 year old into the thief hatches at the top would have taken some effort, and possible damage to their bodies. This person also became extremely shaken and disturbed when I spoke to him about it and had some very vulgar things to say about CW, and the fact that he's trying to blame his dead, pregnant wife for this.

I honestly do not understand whatsoever how anyone can continue to defend CW and entertain his ridiculous version of events after knowing exactly what he did to Bella and Celeste's bodies. There were multiple other options to disappear them if he was in fact just panicked and terrified of how things looked. Any shred of doubt I had while reading to all these alternate theories for why he might be telling the truth about SW killing them is completely gone. Even if all he ever did was shove his daughters' bodies through those holes for some seemingly justified reason, that alone is enough for me to know without a shadow of a doubt that he is a sick, twisted person, capable of taking their lives.

MOO and I need to go kiss my sweet 5 year old in bed right now. Rest in paradise, lovely mama Shan'ann, sweet Bella, CeCe and Nico. Your light will shine on through us <3
So much for the suggestion that he "laid then gently in the bottom of the tank."

Wow, what a change on the threads overnight.
When I went to bed it was all posts about housework and holidays, then I woke up to everybody measuring their children.
It would be funny if the context weren't so very sad.
Those poor little girls.
There is something badly wrong with that man.

The more we learn about what happened, the more I am convinced that NUA's early call to LE may have kept this case from dragging on for months and months or longer, JMO.

If CW had hours from when he got off work on Monday to take care of the things that were bound to bite him in the rear end, JMO, this may have been a very difficult case to solve. He could have removed the interior locking mechanism from the slider door in the back of the house to make it appear SW and the girls left the house that way.

He may not have necessarily needed to do anything with SW's cell phone, purse, keys, etc. if he made it look like an abduction. With the back door open, who could prove it wasn't an abduction? There were no security cams in back, so an abductor (s) could have entered and exited the house that way.

He had big problems at the oil tank site with SW's shallow grave. If not for NUA, he would have had time to go back there and collect the items he left behind and dispose of them and do something else with SW's body. Without a clandestine grave and bed sheet at the site waving big, red flags, would LE have had a reason to look in the oil tanks? IDK.

To me, CW's insistence that he and SW had an emotional conversation where he told her he wanted to initiate a separation was very stupid, but I think it reflects his ego, and he may have been protesting too loudly that he was the one who wanted out of the marriage. Bizarre. IMO.

If he had the time to handle all of these things, he could have then called LE Monday night and told them SW and the girls were not there when he came home, and he thought SW may have walked the girls to a park, so he waited a while but was now getting worried. LE would have been suspicious of him from the get-go, of course, but would they have had enough to arrest him? IDK.

I'm grateful NUA listened to her instincts and intervened as she did, and I'm also grateful he made so many mistakes and didn't have the time or the intellect to fix.

All JMO, but we could still be discussing a very frustrating missing persons case at this point in time, rather than having the wheels set in motion for justice.

Here's a clip from AB's show last night for anyone who missed it: Ashleigh Banfield

The expert on the show has a photo of his hand on the thief hatch to give an idea of the scale of the opening and AB holds up a cutout circle to show the size compared to her head.

Most schools don't have Home Ec classes anymore. Our state stopped doing Home Ec back in the mid-1990s, as have other states around me. Although shop classes are sometimes offered in middle school (7th and 8th grades) it's more of a high school elective now. I don't think any area middle schools offer it.
In NY they offer everything from Nursing to Law Enforcement. I used to think it was like that everywhere.

It's just that a lot have stated that if the LE thought that SW had killed the girls then the charges would have been amended by now, so would that be any different for the "tampering with a human body" charge?

It's quite possible. It's hard to know at this point what they can/will do with what they have and if they're waiting for some reason or if they're not going to add/amend. We'll just have to wait and see, which is so hard at this point.

Sorry if this is not allowed. I am outside of the US and I get the basic idea of alimony. Could someone please explain. How often is it, is it for just the ex-spouse? (not children) is it for the rest of their life? Is there a separate say, monthly child, support payment? as well. I'm trying to understand what some of his motives might have been. I hope that makes sense. tyia.

Alimony is for ex spouses only and it really is hard to get in the states. Unless one spouse makes way more money than the other. Then it is easier to get. But normally its only for a year. Or until the ex spouse remarries. Child support is totally separate. In Ohio they use a flat calculator to come to the amount of child support.

The more we learn about what happened, the more I am convinced that NUA's early call to LE may have kept this case from dragging on for months and months or longer, JMO.

If CW had hours from when he got off work on Monday to take care of the things that were bound to bite him in the rear end, JMO, this may have been a very difficult case to solve. He could have removed the interior locking mechanism from the slider door in the back of the house to make it appear SW and the girls left the house that way.

He may not have necessarily needed to do anything with SW's cell phone, purse, keys, etc. if he made it look like an abduction. With the back door open, who could prove it wasn't an abduction? There were no security cams in back, so an abductor (s) could have entered and exited the house that way.

He had big problems at the oil tank site with SW's shallow grave. If not for NUA, he would have had time to go back there and collect the items he left behind and dispose of them and do something else with SW's body. Without a clandestine grave and bed sheet at the site waving big, red flags, would LE have had a reason to look in the oil tanks? IDK.

To me, CW's insistence that he and SW had an emotional conversation where he told her he wanted to initiate a separation was very stupid, but I think it reflects his ego, and he may have been protesting too loudly that he was the one who wanted out of the marriage. Bizarre. IMO.

If he had the time to handle all of these things, he could have then called LE Monday night and told them SW and the girls were not there when he came home, and he thought SW may have walked the girls to a park, so he waited a while but was now getting worried. LE would have been suspicious of him from the get-go, of course, but would they have had enough to arrest him? IDK.

I'm grateful NUA listened to her instincts and intervened as she did, and I'm also grateful he made so many mistakes and didn't have the time or the intellect to fix.

All JMO, but we could still be discussing a very frustrating missing persons case at this point in time, rather than having the wheels set in motion for justice.
Yes, and I also think that his making a point to tell several people about the emotional conversation and that he wanted the separation was more of him trying to set things up. Jmo

Good Morning WS!
I fell asleep reading this thread last night and now it seems it was never closed.
Was everyone being extra good? ;)
Or did the mods forget to put us to bed? Lol. :p

Everyone was good. Of course, in hindsight it looks like I made 15 posts and was talking to myself because nobody else was up, ha ha.

Alimony is for ex spouses only and it really is hard to get in the states. Unless one spouse makes way more money than the other. Then it is easier to get. But normally its only for a year. Or until the ex spouse remarries. Child support is totally separate. In Ohio they use a flat calculator to come to the amount of child support.
Or if one spouse has been the homemaker for several years and has not worked outside the home. Where I live they would get alimony, I think it's one year for every three years of the narriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member