Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well "potential or possible problems" is not the same thing as your saying BBM He was already exhibiting signs of detachment". And that "he’s apparently informed SW that he’s not happy"

How do you know that she didn't inform HIM that SHE was unhappy? How do we know she didn't care at all when he was using his phone at the amusement part?

I don’t know of course. I am gleaning that he was unhappy because
1. Other credible source here claimed he wanted a separation
2. NUA claimed he had recently not been as loving with SW and the kids as told to her by SW
3. Amanda Thayer said SW joked about him possibly having an affair when he wouldn’t return her texts
4. My personal opinion from more recent videos I’ve seen shows someone who may be there but seems distant and like a cardboard cutout and not an enthusiastic participant (pregnancy video especially but also their San Diego trip)
5. He killed them and then buried them in a very detached and horribly gruesome manner.
6. In his interviews after their death, he didn’t once refer to her as his wife, he didn’t mention that she was pregnant, he barely referred to her by name and he didn’t call his children by name until prompted.

If he’s playing on his phone at an amusement park after he hadn’t seen or been with his family for 5 weeks, that exhibits a certain amount of detachment to me as well.
JMO

Last edited:
Been reading for a couple of pages. Seems like a lot of folks are emotionally exhausted. I know I am. This case is so horrible and tragic that you cannot wrap your head around it. Nothing makes sense. The Why's are endless. CW will never get out of prison. He is doomed. His future is over. A life of normalcy is over. He chose this life of hell by murdering 4 people as his choice of freedom.
Again, the why's -.

I think so. I think people are exhausted because it is such a shocking case, but with lack of new developments, it is all chewing over the same, basically.

I don't care how he put them in the tanks. After he killed them - who cares what he did with the bodies? He took away his daughters' lives. The tanks irrelevant to me although they might mean a lot for the prosecution.

What is relevant is that - good relationship or bad - SW was trusting him enough to leave the daughters in his care. And also was trusting him enough to stay under the same roof with him.

I am thinking, how many family annihilators shall we see in the future? The article says, the number will be increasing. What do we need to do, how do we need to raise our kids, to prevent it?

This case undermines my trust in mankind and humanity. Honestly, it scares me to no end. And makes me feel very sorry for the poor family, four people, whose lives have been destroyed by CW.

BBM. So now he did have choices other than the oil tanks?
I'm sorry, but I'm not following your reasoning and I'm starting to feel like you just want to argue for the sake of arguing. So I'm going to agree to disagree move on to other topics.

<modsnip Personalized>

He doesn't have other choices <modsnip Personalized> that was the point.

Throw out on way into ditch/culvert. NO
Shallow grave. NO- will be noticed as it easily was.
Big fire. NO- same, easily noticed.

Oil tanks. Possibility not to be found at least for a good amount of time.

<Modsnip Personalized and rude>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know of course. I am gleaning that he was unhappy because
2. NUA claimed he had recently not been as loving with SW and the kids as told to her by SW
3. Amanda Thayer said SW joked about him possibly having an affair when he wouldn’t return her texts
4. My personal opinion from more recent videos I’ve seen shows someone who may be there but seems distant and like a cardboard cutout and not an enthusiastic participant (pregnancy video especially but also their San Diego trip)
5. He killed them and then buried them in a very detached and horribly gruesome manner.
6. In his interviews after their death, he didn’t once refer to her as his wife, he didn’t mention that she was pregnant, he barely referred to her by name and he didn’t call his children by name until prompted.

If he’s playing on his phone at an amusement park after he hadn’t seen or been with his family for 5 weeks, that exhibits a certain amount of detachment to me as well.
JMO
Other than the affidavit where he claims he wanted a separation, what

??

JMO

Disclaimer: I am not supporting his actions. Just wanted to bring up the thought that analyzing one snapshot out of context can be dangerous. Just as it's been said that SWs videos shouldn't be used to analyze her feelings for CW or the kids. We don't know anything about the context of that photo (and how weird that the person who met them took it from afar!). Maybe SW asked him to check the radar as it looked like it might rain. Maybe he said, "Hey, let me check the menu for the restaurant we're headed to, to make sure they have food the girls can eat." Maybe she ordered him to return a text of a potential Thrive buyer. I can think of a multitude of other things he may have been doing on the phone. And I'll bet SW was on her phone most times as well, if not taping the girls then chatting with "her people" as he called them.

Another gruesome post, just wondering if it is possible to position a body after death to assume the rough shape you want it to be, ie maybe long and thin as possible, so when rigor sets in the body will already be ready for, well, pushing into a small hole in an oil tank. This would be making an assumption that he killed them before her return, in order for the rigor to set in the way he wanted. Sorry, I can't believe some of this.

BBM

I'm a few pages behind, so I'm sure someone else has already made the mental connection to a certain tall, nearly life-sized doll seen in the Watts' home. Not a perfect "stand in" to test the viability of cramming a toddler into an 8" opening, but still kind of eerie. IMO

Yeah I don't think CW drained the oil tanks. You can't just like drain it and put it in a bucket. Anadarko will know exactly how much crude oil it owns and where at all times. It can borrow money against it and it will hedge its exact physical position (the amount of physical oil it owns) with futures positions (contracts to buy oil in the future) on one of the commodity futures markets.

If CW wasn't fired for being a murderer he definitely was fired for tampering with the oil storage.

It was reported a while back that the company made the decision to discard that oil after the girls' bodies were retrieved. The guest on AB estimated 700 barrels of oil was in those tanks? I haven't been keeping up with the price of crude lately, but that would cost them in the region of $35,000?

I would say that's another good reason to fire him.

And I wouldn't blame any company for firing an employee who hid the bodies of their family on company property!

Charlot123, you read my mind and put in words that totally make sense.

I could never have come up with such great wording.

Disclaimer: I am not supporting his actions. Just wanted to bring up the thought that analyzing one snapshot out of context can be dangerous. Just as it's been said that SWs videos shouldn't be used to analyze her feelings for CW or the kids. We don't know anything about the context of that photo (and how weird that the person who met them took it from afar!). Maybe SW asked him to check the radar as it looked like it might rain. Maybe he said, "Hey, let me check the menu for the restaurant we're headed to, to make sure they have food the girls can eat." Maybe she ordered him to return a text of a potential Thrive buyer. I can think of a multitude of other things he may have been doing on the phone. And I'll bet SW was on her phone most times as well, if not taping the girls then chatting with "her people" as he called them.
I agree with your post, and everyone here knows I don't support CW in any way. However in this case it could have been anything at all he was doing with the phone, calling his parents, arranging a ride, or yes, calling the AP. We just don't know. Let's get him on the stuff that's substantial. Anyway, probably LE can look closely at his phone, not that we will see it necessarily, but if there was something suspicious there they will find it.

Last edited:
BBM

I'm a few pages behind, so I'm sure someone else has already made the mental connection to a certain tall, nearly life-sized doll seen in the Watts' home. Not a perfect "stand in" to test the viability of cramming a toddler into an 8" opening, but still kind of eerie. IMO
I wasn't thinking of that, but, who knows? It's hard to believe he didn't know Shan'nan wouldn't fit in the tanks.

MOD NOTE

STOP the personalized posts and bickering now or you are going to find yourself on the outside looking in while you are in timeout.

Do not argue about how the "like" feature should be used. Stay on topic. This thread is moving quickly enough without all of the off-topic posts cluttering it.

Scroll and roll if you cannot agree to disagree with each other. The right-fighting needs to stop now.

The associate professor of criminology and criminal justice at MSU Denver and former prosecutor has worked with thousands of victims of family violence.

"I think he had a vision of another life with this other woman — carefree, no responsibilities," she said. "Two children and another on the way, that's a big responsibility."

The fact that Chris Watts went in front of a Denver7 camera to plead for his family's lives after he knew they were dead indicates, to Mowder, that he planned to blame an intruder, play victim and eventually start a new life.

"This whole facade he put on right after they started looking for them — that was very odd, and it makes me wonder if he wasn't trying to find an out to be with the girlfriend," said Mowder. "Somebody else did it. I'm the poor grieving father."
Criminologist on Chris Watts case: 'There's some secrets there'

Maybe size wasn't the problem but misjudging weight to carry up steps and such.
Well "IF" those hole dimensions are correct, he should have known about that. And, as I mentioned earlier, I personally discount the idea of his transferring oil back and forth between tanks to free up that bottom rectangular opening, until I see more corroboration of that.

Well I won't keep mentioning it but "possible problems" does not equate with saying that he had already shown signs of detachment, and apparently he had told Shan'nan he was not happy. I don't know any other way to say it, anyway, it's my opinion that we didn't learn until CW said on the affidavit he had wanted to separate. Well after he had annihilated the whole family and desecrated their bodies.

I don’t claim to know what he said in terms of initiating a separation or in stating his unhappiness. A “verified insider” here has claimed that she knew so that may or may not be the case, but that was said within these threads.

However, it was mentioned that he was not as present or warm and I translate that as being detached. It’s not implausible at all to me in view of what happened.

And yet, Law Enforcement, profilers and criminologists disagree. They will set up media interviews just to watch what a person says and does, and their demeanor. They will also send plants to funerals and vigils to do the same. One case I followed, they put microphones in the victims coffin.

Was that Darlie Routier?

I don’t claim to know what he said in terms of initiating a separation or in stating his unhappiness. A “verified insider” here has claimed that she knew so that may or may not be the case, but that was said within these threads.

However, it was mentioned that he was not as present or warm and I translate that as being detached. It’s not implausible at all to me in view of what happened.
OK thanks for answering. I guess I've always got my radar out for the idea that somehow SW freaked out and killed her children because CW wanted a separation. <modsnip leave FB on FB>

No, not that you said that. Anyway, IMO, so far the only place I've seen that CW claimed he wanted a separation was on the affidavit, when she could not longer talk.

And, as long as respectful, we get to evaluate the posts of all ppl here, even the VIs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just to clarify I think that was a blow up of a portion of a photo. The Watts family was in the background. I believe her family was in the foreground but cut out. In other words it was happenstance.

I agree with your post, and everyone here knows I don't support CW in any way. However in this case it could have been anything at all he was doing with the phone, calling his parents, arranging a ride, or yes, calling the AP. We just don't know. Let's get him on the stuff that's substantial. Anyway, probably LE can look closely at his phone, not that we will see it necessarily, but if there was something suspicious there they will find it.

I am absolutely not trying to show favor to CW in anyway. If someone who is a VI here claims something though, it’s not like I’m taking a rumor out of context from Facebook-again-I don’t know or not as I’m new. But I do think that if someone who has been known to have known them well says something, what they’ve said has meeit (to me) even if it may seem to others that it’s prejudiced against the victim, although there may be potential bias.

Just to clarify I think that was a blow up of a portion of a photo. The Watts family was in the background. I believe her family was in the foreground but cut out. In other words it was happenstance.
Ahh, that makes good sense then, not that she was deliberately photographing them! And it explains the utter blurriness/pixelization. She either zoomed in on them or as you said, it was a tiny, tiny portion of an overall shot of something else and she just happened to capture them in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8