Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CW did not have PTSD. From what would he have that. He may have it now and we know why he might have it now - - - - he murdered 4 people. I think if I murdered 4 people I might have PTSD. I don't even murder spiders.

Rotenone, a lot of prisoners get fan mail. Scott Peterson, Jodi Arias. Sick in the head people out there.

CW feeling sorry for himself is beyond depraved. I can't understand where he thinks he's got the right to be feeling sorry. Even what he is saying is true, IMO it is not. He's one messed up man. Wait till he can read all the fan mail he gets. (can he get it in his prison?) He'll think he's a rock star.
Yes, and they will all be telling him what an awful person SW was and how they understand him.

Bluff said:
gitana1 said:
Really? It's ridiculous to assume an innocent man whose kids were murdered would feel grief the next day? Why would that be ridiculous?

Help me understand, Tippy.

@Tippy Lynn I agree with your response.
If CW's explanation turns out to be true, his behavior that was observed on camera and by his friends and family could be explained to indicate that CW had a PTSD reaction to an event.

Based on the description of Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) it is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event — either experiencing it or witnessing it.

There are a myriad list of symptoms of PTSD. I will highlight only a couple noted symptoms in attached article that could explain his behavior immediately after the crimes occurred and prior to his arrest.

Avoidance

• Trying to avoid thinking or talking about the traumatic event
    • Avoiding places, activities or people that remind you of the traumatic event
Negative changes in thinking and mood

• Feeling emotionally numb
    • Feeling detached from family and friends
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) - Symptoms and causes

CW could have also experienced a form of delayed grief or postponed grief and/or psychological denial defense mechanism.

@Ilovemy3boys there is no link to provide as the public does not have access currently to CW's psychological evaluations if and when they are completed. Note that I stated in my post "could be explained to indicate" CW's behavior and reactions as seen after the crimes and before his incarceration.

IMO, I believe the only thing CW was trying to avoid was being caught. Which can explain his behavior in concealing the bodies and proceeding to go along with the notion (that he created) that they had disappeared.

And IMO, he wasn't trying to avoid the thought of his wife he just killed, or the girls that perhaps could have been saved with the help of medical professionals, when he made the decision to physically carry their bodies and place them in the back seat of his truck.

I'm not a psych, but seems to be the behavior of a killer who wants to cover his tracks. JMO.

He doesn't have PTSD and IMO the very suggestion he could have it is offensive to everyone who has ever REALLY had PTSD. MOO.
@Gardener1850 I am a military Veteran and I have been diagnosed with PTSD from my service related injuries.
I take issue with your comment that my post is offensive to people who have PTSD.

Are you suggesting that a person with PTSD has never experienced a violent reaction and/or behavior and/or outburst in response to a PTSD event and/or symptoms?

Last edited by a moderator:
gitana1 said:
Really? It's ridiculous to assume an innocent man whose kids were murdered would feel grief the next day? Why would that be ridiculous?

If CW's explanation turns out to be true, his behavior that was observed on camera and by his friends and family could be explained to indicate that CW had a PTSD reaction to an event.

Based on the description of Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) it is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event — either experiencing it or witnessing it.

There are a myriad list of symptoms of PTSD. I will highlight only a couple noted symptoms in attached article that could explain his behavior immediately after the crimes occurred and prior to his arrest.

Avoidance

CW could have also experienced a form of delayed grief or postponed grief and/or psychological denial defense mechanism.

I vote that we phone a friend. @stereopticons would you be kind enough to weigh in on PTSD, etc. above? We appreciate you!

MOO

On top of that , the wackos will send him money and actually try to go visit him. People actually do that. I have a friend that got kicked to the curb because her husband 'fell in love' with a woman in prison 1000 miles away. Sent the prisoner as much money as she was allowed to get each month and went to visit her each month for over a year. Put her up in an apartment after she was released from prison and guess what the prisoner chick dumped him.

gitana1 said:

Avoidance

In this case, he stood on the porch of the murder scene. And slept there the night before.

He talked about his kids, his wife and family and lied about their whereabouts. But he talked in detail about the kids "barrel rushing" him and "cuddling up" on their character couches. He talked with fondness about disciplining them at dinner.

So no avoidance.

He showed no negative emotions at all.

Oh I'm sure he felt detached from his family before he decided to start strangling them all to death.

He certainly seemed detached from them on the porch. But numb? Nope. He showed some nervousness for himself. And some dupers delight. That's not "numb" IMO.

Why is this guy the ONLY family member of a murder victim that we have evidence of who has manifested PTSD in such a manner?

Does PTSD include lying? Concealing a horrible crime? Failing to call 911 for help? Showing off a t-shirt? Driving 50 miles with your murdered family in the back seat and cramming your babies through an 8 inch diameter hole?

And then you're forgetting something important from your link:

"Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may start within one month of a traumatic event, but sometimes symptoms may not appear until years after the event. These symptoms cause significant problems in social or work situations and in relationships. They can also interfere with your ability to go about your normal daily tasks."

This wasn't a month later. It was the next day and the day after.

And he seemed to function pretty well though. I mean he looked clean, well groomed and rested, he ate, we know that, he worried about his appearance in the media interviews, according to the Thayers, he had the presence of mind to carefully conceal the bodies, pretend to be working, create a story about where Shanann and the girls were and why Nickole shouldn't worry, made up a great excuse about the garage key pad being broken so they couldn't get in without him, and spent a ton of time "working" with LE, calling and texting people to ask if they had seen his missing family, all while knowing one was under some dirt and two were floating in oil tanks. Seemed to have no problems functioning.

How about delayed grief? You know something? That's one of the best excuses I've seen on here to try to explain away his lack of emotion for the horrific murders of his babies.

Maybe he was too busy covering up the crime and trying to protect himself to feel immediate grief. Ok. I can ponder that.

But people with delayed grief don't have the opposite of grief. They don't smile or grin or show off a t-shirt. They just don't wail maybe or allow themselves to feel the deep pain.

And again, what are the odds that he is the one parent that we can find evidence of that just witnessed the murders of his babies and somehow was able to feel...nothing for them. To completely delay his grief. And not only to do that, but to do the opposite and smile and grin?

The symptoms of delayed grief also include apathy and depression. What he showed instead was a fear of getting caught. In fact, he worked super hard to not get caught. That doesn't sound like he was apathetic or depressed. It sounds like he was super busy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fixing-families/201706/six-signs-incomplete-grief?amp

So what about denial? Well, I think it's kind of hard to deny that your wife just murdered your kids when you drove 50 miles with their corpses in the back seat, then removed their bodies from the truck, one by one, and jammed their little bodies through a small hole.

Denial means pretending something didn't happen. Removing it from your mind. Ignoring it. Distancing yourself from it.

Not willfully trying to conceal what happened to the person which necessitates constant reaffirmation of the things you're trying to deny.

For this cat to have been successful in trying to conceal the murders of his family, he would have to know they had been murdered and be very aware of that fact.

Which he knew when he backed up his truck into the garage.
Which he knew when one be one he dragged their bodies from where they were killed, bagged them and stuffed them in the back seat of his vehicle.
Which he knew as he calmly drove away from his house and 50 miles away to a remote worksite, to dispose of their corpses.
Which he knew when he arrived and one by one removed those corpses from the truck.
Which he knew when he carried Bella up the steps to the oil tank.
Which he knew when he stuffed her body through a hole.
Which he knew when he carried Celeste up the steps to an oil tank.
Which he knew when he stuffed Celeste's little body through a hole.
Which he knew when he dragged his wife out of the back seat.
Which he knew with every shovel full of dirt he dug of her shallow grave.
Which he knew as he placed her body in that grave.
Which he knew as he covered her with dirt.
Which he knew when he monitored his ring camera video from his worksite.
Which he knew when he talked to NUA.
Which he knew when he lied about where his family was supposed to be that day.
Which he knew when he pretended he the police couldn't enter because the garage code was conveniently broken.
Which he knew as he told the police he had no idea where they were.
Which he knew as he lied to the media in three, separate interviews, about when he last saw them.
Which he knew when he lied to the media about his knowledge of their whereabouts.
Which he knew as he lied about his affair. Twice.
Which he knew as he told the police he would tell what really happened, if he could talk to his dad first.

Denial? Sounds like a lot of effort to conceal the existence of something that he is supposedly pretending to himself never happened.

That's a ton of constant in your face, interactive and self-imposed reminders of the thing you supposedly are denying occurred.

In this case, he stood on the porch of the murder scene. And slept there the night before.

He talked about his kids, his wife and family and lied about their whereabouts. But he talked in detail about the kids "barrel rushing" him and "cuddling up" on their character couches. He talked with fondness about disciplining them at dinner.

So no avoidance.

Oh I'm sure he felt detached from his family before he decided to start strangling them all to death.

He certainly seemed detached from them on the porch. But numb? Nope. He showed some nervousness for himself. And some dupers delight. That's not "numb" IMO.

Why is this guy the ONLY family member of a murder victim that we have evidence of who has manifested PTSD in such a manner?

Does PTSD include lying? Concealing a horrible crime? Failing to call 911 for help? Showing off a t-shirt? Driving 50 miles with your murdered family in the back seat and cramming your babies through an 8 inch diameter hole?

"Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may start within one month of a traumatic event, but sometimes symptoms may not appear until years after the event. These symptoms cause significant problems in social or work situations and in relationships. They can also interfere with your ability to go about your normal daily tasks."

And he seemed to function pretty well though. I mean he looked clean, well groomed and rested, he ate, we know that, he worried about his appearance in the media interviews, according to the Thayers, he had the presence of mind to carefully conceal the bodies, pretend to be working, create a story about where Shanann and the girls were and why Nickole shouldn't worry, made up a great excuse about the garage key pad being broken so they couldn't get in without him, and spent a ton of time "working" with LE, calling and texting people to ask if they had seen his missing family, all while knowing one was under some dirt and two were floating in oil tanks. Seemed to have no problems functioning.

How about delayed grief? You know something? That's one of the best excuses I've seen on here to try to explain away his lack of emotion for the horrific murders of his babies.

Maybe he was too busy covering up the crime and trying to protect himself to feel immediate grief. Ok. I can ponder that.

But people with delayed grief don't have the opposite of grief. They don't smile or grin or show off a t-shirt. They just don't wail maybe or allow themselves to feel the deep pain.

And again, what are the odds that he is the one parent that we can find evidence of that just witnessed the murders of his babies and somehow was able to feel...nothing for them. To completely delay his grief. And not only to do that, but to do the opposite and smile and grin?

The symptoms of delayed grief also include apathy and depression. What he showed instead was a fear of getting caught. In fact, he worked super hard to not get caught. That doesn't sound like he was apathetic or depressed. It sounds like he was super busy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fixing-families/201706/six-signs-incomplete-grief?amp

So what about denial? Well, I think it's kind of hard to deny that your wife just murdered your kids when you drove 50 miles with their corpses in the back seat, then removed their bodies from the truck, one by one, and jammed their little bodies through a small hole.

Denial means pretending something didn't happen. Removing it from your mind. Ignoring it. Distancing yourself from it.

Not willfully trying to conceal what happened to the person which necessitates constant reaffirmation of the things you're trying to deny.

For this cat to have been successful in trying to conceal the murders of his family, he would have to know they had been murdered and be very aware of that fact.

Which he knew when one be one he dragged their bodies from where they were killed, bagged them and stuffed them in the back seat of his vehicle.
Which he knew as he calmly drove away from his house and 50 miles away to a remote worksite, to dispose of their corpses.
Which he knew when he arrived and one by one removed those corpses from the truck.
Which he knew when he pretended he the police couldn't enter because the garage code was conveniently broken.
Which he knew as he lied to the media in three, separate interviews, about when he last saw them.
Which he knew when he lied to the media about his knowledge of their whereabouts.
Which he knew as he told the police he would tell what really happened, if he could talk to his dad first.

Denial? Sounds like a lot of effort to conceal the existence of something that he is supposedly pretending to himself never happened.

That's a ton of constant in your face, interactive and self-imposed reminders of the thing you supposedly are denying occurred.

Why don't we have a LOVE button? :)

So no avoidance.

^^^^ This. BOOM! <mic drop>

@Gardener1850 I am a military Veteran and I have been diagnosed with PTSD from my service related injuries.
I take issue with your comment that my post is offensive to people who have PTSD.

Are you suggesting that a person with PTSD has never experienced a violent reaction and/or behavior and/or outburst in response to PTSD symptoms?
I think you'd be surprised how many people have been diagnosed with PTSD, and know the symptoms and causes quite well. To choose 3 possible symptoms out of a long list of many isn't fair, imo, it's a stretch to attach him to even those 3. CW stayed a night at the Thayers, he didn't avoid them, not in the slightest.
I'm sorry about what you've experienced in your life, Bluff.
CW is a heartless person and attaching PTSD is trying to exonerate him, imo. I'm confused whether you're suggesting PTSD before or after the crime? The BBM seems to imply, before?

So no avoidance.

Excellent Post!!!! It wouldn't surprise me if the prosecution uses this!

I think you'd be surprised how many people have been diagnosed with PTSD, and know the symptoms and causes quite well. To choose 3 possible symptoms out of a long list of many isn't fair, imo, it's a stretch to attach him to even those 3. CW stayed a night at the Thayers, he didn't avoid them, not in the slightest.
I'm sorry about what you've experienced in your life, Bluff.
CW is a heartless person and attaching PTSD is trying to exonerate him, imo. I'm confused whether you're suggesting PTSD before or after the crime? The BBM seems to imply, before?

@PrimeSuspect
My post referred to the possibility that CW may have experienced PTSD symptoms after the traumatic events unfolded. What those events were that morning we do not know at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member