Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just see CW up there telling his story. He woke her up at 4 am to tell her he wanted to separate, or was it 5 am. Then he went downstairs (for what, a drink, a hammer, whatever), she was so upset and distraught that a guy of his quality was leaving her.......oh nevermind.

Last edited:
But they have to get the judge to allow their 'evidence' into the jury's consideration. If they want to tell the jury that SW had psychological issues, they will need REAL EVIDENCE to offer. None of the tapes I have seen show any psychological maladies.

If they want the jury to believe that she took the girls to the doctors needlessly, and she lied about her own illnesses, they will need formal medical records which prove these claims. They cant use SM posts or FB videos such as the ones we have seen to try and show this.

I don't think the defense will be able to 'go there' because there is no evidence that there is a 'there there.' JMO

We don’t know of any evidence at this time, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t any. JMO

At a recent trial (Rohde), the Judge prevented the Expert Witness, from continuing in giving a Psychological Assessment, on the victim: as having 'no evidence', other than hear say etc.
Here, we have 'family videos', possibly promoting Thrive.

I don't think the defense would introduce any of Shanann's videos because even if they are trying to show some nuanced psychological point the prosecution will stand up and say, "Do you see those three, smiling faces? They were murdered by the defendant" and wow that really takes the wind out of the defense's sails.

@gitana1 Hi Gitana, or any other Attorney, I think I know a lot about this case, but at the same time, I am aware that everything I think I know is subject to change, once all of the evidence is revealed at the trial. I think I’d be an impartial and fair juror, I’d be perfectly capable of throwing away what I thought I knew, once more truthful and accurate evidence came forth at the trial. Aren’t most people capable of the same thing? What proof is there that jurors who know nothing about a case make better jurors? I would think the prosecution and the Defense would be better off if jurors actually knew the facts coming into a case, like COD, rather than having their heads filled with speculation they’ve garnered off the media.
Post mortem injuries can cause bias sometimes. So she killed the kids but you broke their necks and arms and legs to squeeze them through a tank hole?

That scenario right there would automatically cloud perspective jurors minds from your defense. Jmo

I don't think the defense would introduce any of Shanann's videos because even if they are trying to show some nuanced psychological point the prosecution will stand up and say, "Do you see those three, smiling faces? They were murdered by the defendant" and wow that really takes the wind out of the defense's sails.
No lawyer here, but IMO the LAST thing CW's team wants the jury and public to see is those smiley faced giggling cutie pies, juxtapositioned to a vat of crude oil.

I edited my post to replace "relate" with "judge". I clearly do not relate to CW in any way. And all of my judgements of him are based on the information that he provided about himself, what he showed us he is capable of, and the actions he took that prove it.
imo

Mine too, I think he is guilty as charged and hope SWs family get the justice they deserve

Post mortem injuries can cause bias sometimes. So she killed the kids but you broke their necks and arms and legs to squeeze them through a tank hole?

That scenario right there would automatically cloud perspective jurors minds from your defense. Jmo
True. You can bet that the defense will do everything they can to keep those photos out.

I hope they fail.

Somehow they always seem to be able to find jurors who live under a rock, so to speak. Look at all the headline-grabbing cases that they’ve managed to seat juries for.
This is not only about jurors but also witnesses that have not yet been interviewed. If I learned about crushed bones of minor children prior to my interview, I don't believe I could remain unbiased. It's a very human reaction, and both prosecution and defense know this.

We don’t know of any evidence at this time, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t any. JMO

There are not going to be any medical records showing that the girls didn't need to have the ear tube surgeries. There are not going to be any medical records saying they didn't need to use the prescribed nebulizers for breathing/respiratory issues.

There are not going to be any medical records saying SW did not have auto immune issues. JMO IMO MOO

I agree with you. There is absolutely no evidence to show that Shanann was anything but a loving and supportive mama, wife, and friend. There is no evidence to show that she did anything but work her butt off to support her family and take her husband on vacations that he seemed to love and couldn't provide.

Lots of evidence against CW that would lead to reasonable speculation that he, not Shanann killed Bella and CeCe.
MOO

There are not going to be any medical records showing that the girls didn't need to have the ear tube surgeries. There are not going to be any medical records saying they didn't need to use the prescribed nebulizers for breathing/respiratory issues.

There are not going to be any medical records saying SW did not have auto immune issues. JMO IMO MOO
Yes, what doctor is going to admit to over servicing even if he did.

That's not quite correct. The autopsy report has findings about the condition of the body. What was found in the stomach, for example, all injuries whether relevant to COD or MOD or not. Things like weight. Whether the hair was shaved. Presence of sperm.

Microscopic findings.

Etc.

That will all be in the report.

Duly noted.

One could argue that any autopsy reports for murder victims (especially kids) could taint a jury pool due to the emotional nature of what’s reported.

However, CO law states, “all public records shall be open for inspection by any person at any reasonable time.”

The prosecution is going to have to show something special that the legislature couldn’t have imagined when the law was drafted.

MOO

Duly noted.

One could argue that any autopsy reports for murder victims (especially kids) could taint a jury pool due to the emotional nature of what’s reported.

However, CO law states, “all public records shall be open for inspection by any person at any reasonable time.”

The prosecution is going to have to show something special that the legislature couldn’t have imagined when the law was drafted.

MOO
Yes and his defenders may not like it either.

This is not only about jurors but also witnesses that have not yet been interviewed. If I learned about crushed bones of minor children prior to my interview, I don't believe I could remain unbiased. It's a very human reaction, and both prosecution and defense know this.

Exactly. And believe it or not the state wants to be fair to the defense too. The state needs to know and understand what the defense may argue at trial. If the state interviews CW's co-workers and they all genuinely say they never would have suspected this, the state knows that's information favorable to the defense and they can prepare for it. If the co-workers know specifics about the cause of death, particularly regarding the children, they may - as human beings - be uncomfortable saying they always liked CW knowing now what he's alleged to have done. Then you have witnesses who are confused or influenced rather than testifying truthfully.

You don't expect innocent third-parties like family friends and coworkers to have been mind-readers. But you do want to know what the facts really were. If everyone thought CW was creepy before, that's one thing. That may be a fact. But if the contemporaneous evidence shows he was pretty well-liked at work before but now everyone is saying they always hated him, you have a problem with witness credibility. It's human nature to think we could spot something like this, we would know our friends and colleagues.

Duly noted.

MOO

The state just has to point to 'at any reasonable time' and suggest it is reasonable to wait until after the jury is chosen and the witnesses interviewed.

Duly noted.

MOO
An incredible amount of public interest, is one possible justification.

It’s one thing to release autopsy reports when the whole world isn’t interested in a case. It’s another thing entirely when there is this amount of public interest.

Couple that with findings that are likely to be especially disturbing, I think they have good reason to keep them sealed.

We’ll see what the judge has to say.

Shoot!! :oops: Sorry @Colorado303 for the garage door questions.
I just realized I am waaaay behind in the conversation!
I am only on page 11, I am reading last nights posts!
I see now you have already answered the questions.
So sorry! Now I will read and try to catch up. If that's possible, lol. :oops::oops::oops:
Mo worries! I am often behind and wind up answering questions others have already answered (and done a better job at it too).

Wow..just popped over to this thread yesterday determined to speak my mind about how horrible it was that SW had been thrown under the bus in so many posts. I couldn't even invite one of her friends on as the criticism of her daily life was so harsh. I didn't like the fact that people could consider her a suspect here based on a confessed murderer's words. I would look daily at MSM to see IF anyone was reporting that she was involved. I haven't read every thread,but I have seen a turn around in the posts where I now see that more are seeing her as a victim and not a mastermind of this crime. As I have stated before, CW's own actions of dumping his daughters' bodies speaks volumes of his mindset in all of this.
Well said. I for one am delighted at the turnaround. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member