Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh they are already pushing that narrative somewhat, IMO. He is upset/angry/frustrated because no one understands him:
Chris Watts Is Mad About How Media Portrays Him, Says Source: 'He Feels Like No One Understands Him'

Not sure if I want to know, but what is FCA? TIA.
Poor CW.... so misunderstood! If only we knew the whole situation we would see he is not a "monster" and understand why he put his strangled babies, wife, and unborn son in the back of his truck.

Then gathered up each baby, CeCe and Bella and climbed up and down those stairs and dumped them in separate oil tanks.

And shovel by shovel threw dirt over the wife he admitted strangling to death. Shanann. And his unborn son Nico.

So misunderstood!

imo

I don't remember anyone's name, but there was a rape case a few years ago at a private school. The accused was one of the school's most popular kids. He was tall, toned, blondish hair, tan skin, etc. When he showed up at trial, his hair was jet black and combed down, his skin pale, and he wore glasses. Looked like a totally different kid. The consensus at the time was that the jury would never convict Harry Potter. It seemed to work.

OMGoodness. If that's how juries are going these days they will probably have CW keep his hipster beard and glasses. Probably have him wear a plaid flannel shirt and skinny jeans.

I don't remember anyone's name, but there was a rape case a few years ago at a private school. The accused was one of the school's most popular kids. He was tall, toned, blondish hair, tan skin, etc. When he showed up at trial, his hair was jet black and combed down, his skin pale, and he wore glasses. Looked like a totally different kid. The consensus at the time was that the jury would never convict Harry Potter. It seemed to work for some people.
I remember him - the Prep School rapist. I don't think he was granted a new trial so hope he's actually serving out his sentence now.

OMGoodness. If that's how juries are going these days they will probably have CW keep his hipster beard and glasses. Probably have him wear a plaid flannel shirt and skinny jeans.
Rape trials are very difficult to win unless the woman is dead or horribly injured. And people wonder why women do not report it.

Have we heard anything about whether LE asked CW to take a lie detector test at some point? I think it is pretty standard. I am also wondering if he would have likely been asked again when he confessed and what he might have said (assuming he did not yet have an attorney)?

laugh-leaf-emoticon.gif

I've seen people state that they are trying to think "like a jury." Researchers and attorneys perform experiments for research's sake all the time. They reenact them in the court room. Sometimes, they will reenact an entire part of the crime to help make their point.

I am disturbed that a man could toss his little children into oil tanks, that he possibly manipulated their bodies in a grotesque manner to do so. That he then abandoned them.

I am disturbed that rather than calling 911 to help revive his children, he instead turned and attacked his pregnant wife, ensuring that ALL of his children would die.

I am disturbed that a man took his beautiful, supposedly beloved wife and left her under a thin layer of dirt, disposing of her like garbage.

I am disturbed that a husband who had literally just disposed of his entire family's bodies stood on his front porch and laughed, grinned, and lied while cadaver dogs sought out the scent of death in his house behind him.

I am disturbed that a man has had at least 3 alleged affair partners (all from within the past year) come forward. Cheating is not unique, but it still disturbs me.

I am disturbed that when questioned by the press about his family's disappearance, he spoke of them both in the past tense as well as with detachment: "those kids".

I am disturbed that the first leaked information from him that has slipped through his jail cell is NOT about how he misses his family, his supposedly murdered daughters, but a whine about how nobody understands him.

I am disturbed that a man who supposedly just saw his daughter's murdered could hang out with friends and eat pizza and apparently act SO oddly that they felt they should call the police.

There are lots of things about this case that disturb me, a lot. @MassGuy measuring his niece definitely isn't one of them.

Yes, and I’d also like to add we are under no obligation here at WS to “think like a jury”. I tend to think more from the angle of LE & the prosecution.

Thinking like a jury factors into that when considering how they might view the evidence, but I’m not obligated to “wait” for anything as far as evidence goes. LE believes he’s guilty at this point, hence the charges, and that’s room I’m sitting in. Only evidence will get me out of that room, not speculation on things that have no basis in fact.

Right now, there is enough evidence to charge CW. Charging someone isn’t the same as convicting them. Right now I have “charged” CW with a crime. Because that’s where the evidence is pointing. Compelling evidence, I might add

Yes, and I’d also like to add we are under no obligation here at WS to “think like a jury”. I tend to think more from the angle of LE & the prosecution.

Thinking like a jury factors into that when considering how they might view the evidence, but I’m not obligated to “wait” for anything as far as evidence goes. LE believes he’s guilty at this point, hence the charges, and that’s room I’m sitting in. Only evidence will get me out of that room, not speculation on things that have no basis in fact.

Right now, there is enough evidence to charge CW. Charging someone isn’t the same as convicting them. Right now I have “charged” CW with a crime. Because that’s where the evidence is pointing. Compelling evidence, I might add

Right, I feel the same way. If we had to wait for all the evidence then there would be nothing to talk about until the trial got underway.

Honestly, as individuals, we can form a decision at any point in the process that we want. We're just a discussion group. :)

My 5 things....in gratitude today. Sometimes it's just the basics when I've had one of those days.
1. I woke up. Not everyone did today.
2. Figured out I kinda make a mean crockpot chicken and stuffing!
3. Google... for that whole crockpot chicken thing.
4. My rescue cats who are loving, bffs, hilarious, convinced me I'm not just a dog person, and have a story of their own.
5. Knowing through here there are insightful, loving, intelligent and down right hilarious people who make me laugh in the world today.

Keep shining like Shanann.

Have we heard anything about whether LE asked CW to take a lie detector test at some point? I think it is pretty standard. I am also wondering if he would have likely been asked again when he confessed and what he might have said (assuming he did not yet have an attorney)?
We haven’t heard about one. After the bodies were found, there is no way he would have taken one. It’s not admissible in court, and LE apparently didn’t believe him for a second anyway.

He was going to be charged with 5 counts of murder, regardless of what any possible polygraph would say.

The only thing I can possibly compare it to was the two very sad times we buried our beloved pets. Both died of old age and had been with us for a very long time. We gave our 22 yr old cat and our 14 yr old shih Tzu and very loving and tearful, respectful burials. Both were wrapped in their blankets we had used on their comfy pillow beds.

We buried them in a deep grave in our back garden area, and put memorial stones in place to remember them by.

I cant even imagine cramming them into an oil tank.
When burying a beloved pet, it's a extremely emotional time for family members. Pets are part of our family.
I sorry for your loss. I too, loss of a beloved cat.

Last edited:
In my little experiment, I used a string and a ruler. I didn’t cram my niece into an oil filled tank like CW did with his children.

Likewise, having a kid try and fit into a paper cutout, is in no way traumatizing.

Sorry MassGuy, but I had to call the authorities and report you for this string and ruler experiment. I was going to ignore it, but I think you also forced her to visit Santa last Christmas, so this is the last straw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether