Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.... I did not pay attention to woman saying ",didn't she just get back?" Like SW brought that shirt back from her visit. He certainly does get flustered after that remark. He still stays with order from Amazon, but not convincingly, stumbles on words.

Yes, he does. I do think she brought the shirt back from him and in a flash of recognition captured on video, he realizes something kind about what she did and that he is wearing her gift....... Eerie!

HOLY CHRIST!!!! When asked about shirt, "didn't she just get back?" He says yeah she probably brought this back! !!!! Meaning the SOB had the arrogance to claim his shirt. After he killed them. I mean even if he thought they were missing he went thru luggage and grabbed this shirt to wear. Who does that!!!????

"Probably?" Inward panic about whether or not that fits his narrative......hence, the word "probably." Cool as a cucumber on the outside, but his brain must have been a mess.

Here is the Channel 9 news video with CW done outside his home, on the driveway

Watch it first with the sound off:
Full interview with Chris Watts 24 hours before he reportedly confessed to killing family

His body language is very very distracting: The body hugging with both, but especially the right arm.... the bobbing, the rocking side-to-side, the facial expressions,

For the most part he gestures only with his left hand while his right is tightly clasped across his body hugging his left chest.

Near the end, the reporter (cleverly and very astutely) asks him about his Carolina Tarheels jersey and his demeanor changes dramatically. He drops his shoulders, opens up both arms and lifts his shirt up a little. His face relaxes and he smiles. Then the reporter asks another question about the disappearance and he instantly goes back into the defensive, body hugging stance.

It reminds me very much of a little boy who has been caught doing something bad, but refuses to cooperate with his mom and just keeps trying to deny it. I certainly don't get any sense of menace or open cruelty from it. He doesnt have the slick pompousness of Scott Peterson of the arrogance of Drew Peterson in this video.

Forensic psychologists will have a field day with this.

“Forensic psychologists will have a field day with this.”

@henry2326 is getting his/her Masters in Forensic Psychology, sending a shout out.
(ETA: I love this new feature!!!)

Last edited:
She may have thought she was in possible danger but never the children. Perhaps?

We have no way of knowing unless her friend Nicole speaks about the situation and what Shanann confided in her.

We may never know.

I agree with this. From the Facebook postings, he is sort of there, but in the background, as part of the "happy family" picture. She may have never perceived him as very potent or capable of murder.

Underestimating a psychopath is part of the reason why women in abusive relationships keep going back, they don't acknowledge the escalation. It is an addiction. Sadly.

HOLY CHRIST!!!! When asked about shirt, "didn't she just get back?" He says yeah she probably brought this back! !!!! Meaning the SOB had the arrogance to claim his shirt. After he killed them. I mean even if he thought they were missing he went thru luggage and grabbed this shirt to wear. Who does that!!!????
That was what I thought too but didn't know how to word it and process it. Very telling on so many levels.

She would have returned from NC Aug 2, so I believe if she did bring that shirt rather than him buying on the internet, he's had that shirt for 10 days... he didnt just dig it out of her luggage from this trip to AZ last night

She may have thought she was in possible danger but never the children. Perhaps?

We have no way of knowing unless her friend Nicole speaks about the situation and what Shanann confided in her.

We may never know.

Yes, I have known of that before. I have never been afraid of my husband or detected any kind of cruelty in his nature, so have never had to deal with anything like that. I have known of women- numerous times- who were threatened or even physically attacked by their husbands- but thought that it was just something between them and never feared for their children's safety. All these times I know of- the children were never harmed by the spouse/ex-spouse as time went on.

I wondered if the reporter mentioned the shirt to try to get him to move his arm that he seemed to have splinted against his body. He did move his arm away...not sure if it was that interview and it didn't seem to be injured. No change in his facial expression when he moved it

It seems to me that he had all his responses well thought through and rehearsed but got flustered because he knew he got cornered and wasn't expecting that inquiry and he also know how he answered the question would incriminate himself. IMO
I just watched it again. And he admits yeah she probably brought it back. WTH??? Seriously, she's missing but you were casual enough about it to put on new shirt in her suitcase? OMG

You can permanently delete Facebook and always could. They just don’t make it easy.

Help Center
Some of the things you do on Facebook aren’t stored in your account. For example, a friend may still have messages from you even after you delete your account. That information remains after you delete your account.

Two points from FB;
1) I believe the arrest documents we were all expecting tomorrow were sealed on Friday for 90 days - see picture.

2) SM posted on a nut allergy support group about her MIL during a visit.

*modsnip* / screenshots from fb groups have been removed

Last edited by a moderator:
'Apparently' NU could not reach SW Monday morning and NU
knew SW had an OBYN appt. Mon. morning and NU somehow knew SW did not make it to dr. appt.

I wonder if NU was supposed to meet Shanann at the doctor to hang out with the kids in the waiting room while she had her appointment. My OB had really strict policies on kids in the exam room.

ty!

"her people" certainly seems like there are two seperate lives going on

vs

i called all our friends

he just did it again

i will staying my friends

not our friends

its strange -- his fingernails are bugging me!

there spotless! i just would think dragging bodies wrapping bodies climbing up oil wells digging graves killing people

sounds crazy i know

this time he says he saw her really quick -- is different than the emotional conversation

she was the pants of the family -- she usually gets my clothes ...!

She would have returned from NC Aug 2, so I believe if she did bring that shirt rather than him buying on the internet, he's had that shirt for 10 days... he didnt just dig it out of her luggage from this trip to AZ last night
Aha! My mistake. IDKW i confused 2 trips. Agghhh

I agree with this. From the Facebook postings, he is sort of there, but in the background, as part of the "happy family" picture. She may have never perceived him as very potent or capable of murder.

Underestimating a psychopath is part of the reason why women in abusive relationships keep going back, they don't acknowledge the escalation. It is an addiction. Sadly.
Yeah, she didn't think he "had game". :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members