Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She knew (somehow - hasn't been stated specifically) that Shanann did not show up for her doctor's appointment, she texted and/or called with no response, went by the house and there was no answer at the door, but Shanann's car was in the driveway.

I don't think they've shared the exact disposal location yet.

I have a hunch this may be the case, but I don't think it involved the girls since they were supposed to start school that day.

It has been reported that she bought the home in 2009. The Latest: Searchers find bodies of 2 young Colorado girls

Also, JMO because I don't remember where I read it, but that she bought it by herself when she was 25 years old.

(@MsFacetious (mulitquote queen) is that you? Haha just teasing PommyPommy affectionately, you guys can get down on some multiquotes, I used to think @gitana1 was the multiquote Queen, but I think she’s been upped...)

Thanks all for responding. I did not thiiiink they had shared the disposal location (cough)

Which reminds me, my friend I mentioned earlier who lives in Frederick, “a mile” away I just found out, said she did not know the family, but took some flowers and stuffed animals by the house.

I reached out to another friend who lives in the neighborhood, oh text coming through, standby lol.
ETA: nothing important. She’s out of it, she’s like “what street was that on again?”

@PommyMommy I did not feel comfortable asking my friend about the tanks. At least right now.

Last edited:
So I’m reading up as much a I can on “family annhilators”; as I said I know a lot about SKs, mass shooters, pedophiles, etc, but know nothing about this classification of killer.

I’m posting any articles as I come across them for anyone who is interested.

(O/T:
Pike County massacre: Some killers are 'family annihilators,' former FBI agent says

“Well there's a term called 'family annihilators,' and this may well fit that profile," former FBI agent Brad Garrett said.

"It's not uncommon for a shooter like this to go from one house to another house to kill everyone that he thinks has harmed him in some form or fashion," he said.

The individual is typically a white male, Garrett said. And in rural areas, like Pike County, family has deep importantance. The killer, he said, may "decide for a number of reasons -- primarily financial and primarily loss of control of the family -- decide they're going to kill everyone. And many times -- most of the time -- kills themselves."“)

-So thinking about the above further, I wonder just how rare it is statistically that this “family annihilator” did not kill himself (yet).

———-
Another link, hmmmmmmm:

“No one knows for sure why Bishop apparently killed his family, other than the obvious — to get rid of them and start a new life. Such killers are known as Family Annihilators.“
‘Family Annihilator’ evades justice for 42 years - Rocky Mount Telegram

(Thinking out loud, so these “FAs” (tired of typing it out everytime), ever cross over into other categories?)

THANK YOU for posting these and also for the "Awareness Space" article. I am saving every one of them. I learn so much from you, Margarita!

So, was the t shirt CW was wearing in the interview purchased during the last trip SW had made for her business or during the prior visit with her family? If it was the prior visit why did he get so flustered in interview?
Maybe the she that bought the shirt wasn't SW...maybe a girlfriend bought it. He did sort of light up when she mentioned it, I thought it was because he's such a sports nut. hmmmm

I looked through SW facebook photos and CW was wearing his purple band on his wrist in the photos all the time if that was the lupus band that is being referred to. I couldn't always see his wedding finger in pictures to see if he is wearing his wedding ring but if others have noted he always was then it is odd telling that he isn't wearing either in the news interview.

The interview...when the reporter asks him if he saw her when she got home. He refuses to respond and tries to go around it as if he didn’t make up his mind yet of what he wanted to say. Instead he says she got home really late at like 2 am. The reporter is onto him. Asks again, yeah but did you see her. His first response he almost somehow puts the word no and yes together! Because I guess he forgot to think his whole story through. Or perhaps trying to keep his story straight. Couldn’t remember what he told the cops and had to keep it the same.

He certainly was perfectly groomed for his interview, not a distraught father and husband. I noticed that right away.

I havent noticed any FB or Twitter photos where he isn't well groomed......

But he certainly doesn't look like he hasnt slept or shaved because he is so distraught about where his family is.

In so many of these awful disappearances, it's painfully evident the family members havent slept, showered, or changed clothes in their distress.

Of course that is really neither here nor there..

Man, the MIL is a piece of work. Not only was it insensitive and unkind, but she put the younger child in danger. Toddlers are impulsive and it wouldn’t of been hard for her to reach over and take a bite of her sisters nut filled ice cream. Or it could melt on a surface that isn’t cleaned up properly and other food could come into contact with the nut ingredients.

I mean would any of you risk potential death to a toddler just to one up your DIL? Or to prove a point? Definitely lacking in the empathy and safety department.

And who thinks of sports and show casing a team in their attire when their family is missing?

........Or he just grabbed the first shirt he found that day. We don’t know. I mean there is so much wrong with this guy we really don’t need to pile on to the point of criticizing his shirt. If it was a t-shirt from a band or a promo shirt from Thrive would we crab about that too?

you know what just hit me

obviouly the neighbors cared about each of them

he was with them

they seem like nurturing people

he either slipped or talked to them about what happened and he was given a choice

I would think like most of us the notion of kids in oil is quite repulsive -- so I would think the neighbors would have flat out told LE that to get the removal part started ASAP

you tell LE or we will

your choice

so she called fbi and cops

and said i think he might be ready to talk to you

that kinda deal might explain the reportedly and alleged for a period of time in that by that time the neighbors could have told cops about locations of bodies while still not having formally confessed (legally etc) by that time====

it might also explain some of the time lag between mom and kids locations

he said to neighbors i put her in the ground and the kids in a tank

where which ones

i dont know

so cops knew more but not exact OR

after they got to him HE was able to narrow down the tanks whereas the neighbors were not able to do so

believe it or not I think we are going to find immense grief about the children -- some will probably call it performed -- I think that is gonna end up being the primary motivator for letting people know where they are

i think this grief will result in his sucide

speculating

........Or he just grabbed the first shirt he found that day. We don’t know. I mean there is so much wrong with this guy we really don’t need to pile on to the point of criticizing his shirt. If it was a t-shirt from a band or a promo shirt from Thrive would we crab about that too?
The initial reference to the t shirt started because of the news interviewer's question and his awkward response. It lead some to query when SW actually gave it to him ~ whether she brought it back from her trip with family in NC or her last trip to Arizona just before she was murdered. I believe the concern was if she brought it back from Arizona and he removed it from her luggage before or after she was killed, that would be unthinkable.

you know what just hit me

obviouly the neighbors cared about each of them

he was with them

they seem like nurturing people

he either slipped or talked to them about what happened and he was given a choice

I would think like most of us the notion of kids in oil is quite repulsive -- so I would think the neighbors would have flat out told LE that to get the removal part started ASAP

you tell LE or we will

your choice

so she called fbi and cops

and said i think he might be ready to talk to you

that kinda deal might explain the reportedly and alleged for a period of time in that by that time the neighbors could have told cops about locations of bodies while still not having formally confessed (legally etc) by that time====

it might also explain some of the time lag between mom and kids locations

he said to neighbors i put her in the ground and the kids in a tank

where which ones

i dont know

so cops knew more but not exact OR

after they got to him HE was able to narrow down the tanks whereas the neighbors were not able to do so

believe it or not I think we are going to find immense grief about the children -- some will probably call it performed -- I think that is gonna end up being the primary motivator for letting people know where they are

i think this grief will result in his sucide

speculating

My recollection is that he told his father who arrived Tuesday morning something about the story, but not the entire truth. Enough to acknowledge there were murders and that he had disposed of the bodies.....

In his interview, he states that "she got home at 1:48"
One of my initial thoughts in his interviews was wow, he really has these times down to the exact minute. Odd. And not that I don’t think he’s just odd and sick, because oh I do.
But I’m wondering if, given the police were there with their dogs investigating, maybe they had the doorbell recording type service as well and they had viewed it with him. Doesn’t matter, just throwing that out there.
And/or the across the street neighbors also/or provided that time stamp.
I hope many questions are answered in the coming days.
With my increasing day, and more I read, I get more cracks in my heart :(

This morning I woke up early (4am) due to insomnia. I found myself thinking about this case. I tried to picture CW in his jail cell this morning. I wonder if he actually slept through the night or if he just lied there staring at the ceiling. He appeared, IMO, defiant and angry in his mugshot and when he was in court. I am sure he is completely pissed off that he got caught, and so quickly as well.

Just a couple of days ago, he had a job, he had a house, a car, comfortable clothes, good food, a life. (I didn't mention family because that was the one thing he wanted to get rid of). Now he is in a small cement room with a metal toilet. All his plans failed. He didn't get the freedom he imagined he would get after getting rid of his wife and kids.

I havent noticed any FB or Twitter photos where he isn't well groomed......

But he certainly doesn't look like he hasnt slept or shaved because he is so distraught about where his family is.

In so many of these awful disappearances, it's painfully evident the family members havent slept, showered, or changed clothes in their distress.

Of course that is really neither here nor there..

I think about this guy looking pretty perky and well rested and compare it to Crystal MacDonald’s husband. Sure more time went by between her disappearance and his arrest, but you could tell just by looking at him what it was doing to him! He looked so exhausted and hollow faced when he was arrested. CW looks perfectly normal.

Noting for the record that this is a case, though unique (“family annhilator”), in which the perp’s awareness space played a direct role in the disposal.

(Article on awareness space for reference from Jessica Ridgeway’s case for anyone who hasn’t seen it, I post it frequently in other threads:
http://www.boulderweekly.com/news/j...-lsquoawareness-spacersquo-may-lead-to-clues/

“At this point, perhaps the best path to solving this particular murder rests with the ability of law enforcement’s geographic profilers to identify the killer’s awareness space, which is defined as that geographic area that individuals have become familiar with over their lifetime. It is composed of those places that have been incorporated into a person’s memory by repeated exposure.

A person’s, including a criminal’s, awareness space is centered around those locations that are most important to them, starting with their home and including other locations such as work, a friend’s house, the primary stores where they shop, favorite walking paths, etc. It is also composed of the transportation corridors used to connect those locations to one another.“ )

ETA: Had CW not confessed and led LE to their location, this would have been the first place I would have thought to look, based strictly on awareness space.

That's very smart. I will catalogue that info for future cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaylaSolves