Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But 6 weeks is a loooong visit! Grown ups don’t typically go home for summer break, IMO. Her return trip was aligned so that she would only be home a day or two before her work trip, so I think she would have stayed longer if not for that.

totally agree

this was a trial separation

he freaked at her conclusions ant lost it

it is narcissistic wounding

He made a lot of victims;

SW

her unborn son

The two girls

Her friends

His friends

The girls classmates and their friends

Her family

His family

Her “people” (family and friends)

His coworkers

Her coworkers

The Thrive Company

The employees at Anadarko

Law Enforcement

Contractors hired to retrieve bodies from oil tanks (highly skilled individuals trained to retrieve foreign objects from crude oil storage tanks)

Employees of the Coroners Office

Media who report and copewith storied content

Did I miss anyone? He had a devastating effect on his neighbors, community and many across the country who woke up one morning to learn if their deaths.

I think you pretty well covered the devastation he has caused. No one has come forth to talk about what a good guy he was, either. I think the people who loved Shanann just tolerated him because Shanann loved him. JMO.

I don't know. He's smooth. But I saw something. He swallows hard after saying and spelling his kids' names. And he had a kind of shadow pass over his face a couple times.

No emotion like a normal human. But there was something that made me think he was feeling something as likely to confess soon. And he did.

A full psycho would never do so unless taunting people with a confession.

I noticed that hard swallow. I took that as more of a nervous thing. Like when you're lying to your mom about something you did and she keeps asking you more questions about it and you're getting scared that shes going to figure out you're lying the more you talk. I don't know.

I apologize in advance if this was already discussed as I have not been able to go thru every post. After rewatching the interview in front of the house the female interviewer starts talking then stops and asks CW about his t-shirt. The natural reflex from him was to release his arms and look down. He then goes on to comment about the shirt. I believe the interviewer does this on purpose to see if she can detect any type of injury to his right arm as he is holding is quite awkardly throughout the interview. MOO. Any thoughts?

He did appear to be favoring his right arm. He may have sustained an injury to muscles and or tendons when he murdered his family and disposed of their bodies. JMO.

I think you pretty well covered the devastation he has caused. No one has come forth to talk about what a good guy he was, either. I think the people who loved Shanann just tolerated him because Shanann loved him. JMO.

This is a good point. I haven’t heard anything great said about him other than his teacher saying he was smart and quiet.

I don't "victim bash", but it does take two people to be in a relationship. If a relationship is abusive, or addictive/dysfunctional, one person has the responsibility to leave. Especially if children could be in danger.

I don't buy that this guy just woke up and decided to kill his family. There are indicators, and obviously SW knew there were problems, she left for 6 weeks, comes home, and leaves again. That seems to be an indication to me that she didn't want to be with CW. The quick response by her friend, is also an indication that her friend knew that there were problems.

If you know someone in an abusive relationship, dysfunctional relationship, give them this opportunity, to save their lives, and leave.

This is not being alarmist, it is a very thin line, when dealing with someone who has anger management problems, a low self esteem, between an argument and it goes too far...in an Instant, especially if alcohol is in the mix. I know, I have been there, and I left. The money, the house, at that point, nothing mattered.

I am sorry she is dead, and her babies are dead. It was horrible. CW killed them. But did she have a chance to leave?

Maybe...I was told if I took my three kids and left, he would find me and kill me. It took about twelve year until I was brave enough to leave, then I moved from Tennessee to South Florida to get away. I was in a very bad abusive marriage and if she was, I can see why she may not have had time to get away.
(bbm) IMO

I am sure they reacted because her friend Nicole knew she was in deadly peril and told LE why.

Having called for welfare checks on numerous people before, they react very quickly in the state, or at least Boulder/Longmont, even Denver. In my neighborhood you can expect one immediately because they don't have a lot to do. I've never told the police much, only that I was worried about them. Missing a doctors appointment I'm sure she was excited about would throw a flag for me. My friend didn't message me back, and because she has pancreatitis and relapses on alcohol, two of us called one on her the same night.

I do not remember seeing those pictures so no answer for that but will say the times I have been in Colorado I could not breathe that well and it is unbeliveable how many people I saw toting oxygen. The higher you go into the mountains the harder it is.
Many including children have a hard time because of the altitude.
The image is on SW instagram account.
Thrive Healthy Fit Mom on Instagram: “This is real life. Up at 5 am with two sick kiddos. Boy am I happy I have Thrive on my side. Energy and patience to take care of them and…”

@PeekingDuck said:
Did you guys notice in one of the interviews he says “Bella WAS going to start kindergarten”
Guilty. You don’t speak of them in past tense if they are missing.
Yes. I think he's actually pretty good at using present tense for most of the interviews. I think he's nervous and feeling somewhat guilty and scared of being caught. But his affect is pretty emotionless for a person in his position.

I've said before that I don't think he's full psycho because he betrays some emotion that evidences nervousness about being caught, which true psychopaths don't have, and I sense emotion, some remorse about his kids (not his wife, BTW), but he managed to hold it together pretty well.

I think he has a history of lying and people believing him.

But as others have said he's not that smart. What gets me more than a couple past tense slip ups is his seeming surety that his kids would not be home the night. That struck me right away. As someone who has been through having family missing for several days and likely dead, you hold onto hope for a long time, coming up with improbable scenarios to explain how they're going to reappear, safe.

Every phone call is going to be them or news that they're safe. The hope that comes from love.

But he couldn't spend another night without them. That was a big red flag for me.
I think CW may have even caught himself with the past tense because he went on to misstate that Bella was starting Kindergaten "next Monday" when the school district they reside in actually had School open house on Monday 8/13, and 1st day of Kdg was last Friday 8/17 (1st grade + started on 8/15). I believe it was SW brother that posted Bella starting school the day she went missing. and MSM may have reported Bella was a no show -- corroborates school started last week and not Monday 8/20 as provided by CW.

Between CW's interviews and his court appearance his appearance seems to have changed drastically....He looks like he has lost a noticeable amount of weight since Monday during his interviews....I doubt that he would be allowed to continue to use his Thrive patches in jail ....Perhaps being without his patches were so traumatic for him that he became gaunt and emaciated looking due to withdrawl ....In court to me he just seemed to be seething under the surface , ready to go off....

i think we have to remember that he at that point had to pretend that he did not accidentally go off and kill his family

I am new here well I was lurker but had to register as this case hits close to home. I live in Colorado. Some of my thought so are I don't not think the HOA is because of past due fees. In Colorado most neighborhood HOA's have a pool and if you are even a month behind your access is turned off. A neighbor had said she frequently took the girls to the pool. Also there was a video with the girls talking to Alexa (the amazon voice recognition) I think I read somewhere that Alexa can record conversations so maybe there is some record of that on the Alexa.
I'm a bit behind today, but welcome !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member