Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look at the timeline...this could only be premeditated? How could it not be? Why would he have killed those little girls after the party if that's when he did? Was this his plan all along? If he did kill Bella and CeCe after the party...how would he explain them not being there if she called? Sorry...just some random thoughts...

Thats the only downside to the HOA. Even if you outright own your house you still don't own it with them. Its best to stay away from them and just be liable for your yearly property taxes and monthly utilities.

Because the HOA will try to kick you out quicker than any forclosed bank loan or late property taxes owed. Jmo

True. Like most couples, they really need to be open and honest about their finances, especially when it's all tight and they are now anticipating more financial stress with the new baby.

But, in my experience the HOA goes through this lawsuit business so they can legally file for a lien against the mortgage. We had this happen with a neighbor who just stopped paying anything & declared bankruptcy. It became the bank's responsibility to enforce the payments and pay the HOA lien off. They sold the house at auction and evicted her, finally, but it took at least 6 years to do so. We haven't heard that CW and SW were being threatened with eviction.

Heck, if he showed up with a certified check for half of that ( like about $800) the HOA would likely accept that and payment terms. A lien of $1554 is very small potatoes. Ours was for about $11,000

HOAs may be different in different areas of the country. We own our home, we pay our property taxes and utilities ourselves. Our HOA is mainly for road maintenance, and for making sure we all abide by the covenants of our subdivision. The HOA could not kick us out of our house for not paying the HOA fees, but they could certainly take us to court, small claims or otherwise, and\or attach a second lien on the house for any monies owed to the HOA.

I almost wish that the focus would go on the MLM, and how it made CW go crazy, he snapped, because of the financial crisis, directly related to the MLM mentality and fanaticism Shanann had towards her MLM. More money, more time, more travel, and the psychology of "perfect life" facade, to build up the MLM persona.

RS and BBM. This snapping thing. (And I'm not speaking to you in particular, micky2942, but your post was one of the last I read where the subject of snapping came up.)

When I "snap," when I get angry, frustrated, irritated, I go for a walk, for a drive, take myself to a coffee shop or ice cream store, and simmer down.

Snap! And an otherwise normal, loving father and husband becomes a raging lunatic and slaughters his family. I am not saying CW was normal and loving (which is kinda my point), but the idea of someone "snapping" and committing a murderous act is, I think, rather remote. I think the person who does such heinous destruction already has the evil within him or her self.

You reminded me of two things that I’ve been rattling around in my brain - because I see many comments, questions re:

1) how did he see her friend NU at the doorbell camera? Some, Defoe ding on brand and service, can send a text alert when someone has rung your doorbell and also some have motion that activates the text alert process. Only speculating of course, but may be that’s how he knew she was at the house door.

2) How did NU know she missed a drs appt; some brought up HIPAA, etc. my two cents:
a) I first thought, well there would only be a violation if NU wasn’t documented within SWs medical record. Meaning, you can legally have someone designated for the drs office to speak to. Now,how detail of information, I don’t know. But I have signed one myself.
b) but then I had the thought. What if NU was to meet her to attend the appointment with her? It would be the timing of ann other ultrasound. So either she didn’t answer the door upon an agreed upon pick up time, or they were to meet at the drs office and SW didn’t show.
Blabbering, just a couple of thoughts banging around in my

Maybe NU and SW had had a conversation regarding SW's safety and well-being? Whatever the reason for NU's quick action, she knew something was amiss, and I laud her stepping in and sounding the alarm.

Question, another one that’s been in the back of my brain on a small post it note:
Do we know for a fact WHAT the HOA was suing for? From what I’ve seen, the general assumption is that it was for HOA dues and they just didn’t pay them. Could very well be. But, I also have heard about people getting HOA FINES (grass not well kept, fences put up without HOA approval, front door painted without HOA approval). Not that I guess it really matter in the big scheme of things here though OTHER THAN unless a documented fact as to WHY the suit with court scheduled for next week on it, we shouldn’t assume they couldn’t afford to pay it and perhaps was a HOA fine that they planned on fighting, right?
Yes, I believe you are correct. However, in the end, both unpaid dues and fines could be liens that HOA could foreclose on. I hope to get away from my own HOA sooner than later.

I have a Ring doorbell. I have it set up so that it detects motions in a selected area. If someone walks past I get an alert from the app. If someone rings the doorbell it rings my phone from the app saying someone is at the door.
I pay for recorded service BUT I would think that those recordings could probably be pulled from somewhere on the doorbell company’s system (it’s a stretch- but we all know there is always a footprint with technology these days).
To which I hope a request/subpoena has already been requested for their doorbell camera AND both their social media. Could tell a lot.
I didn’t know Ring kept s recording, as a paid service, so thank you!

Wow.
I had to chuckle after just reading that. Lol.

No wonder why he probably didn't really like her caring friends.

A brother cant even commit a murder without them quickly showing up to sound the alarm. Lol. :)

But seriously. Im glad her friend did care enough to go by and call and whatever else.

Greetings Dexter!

And, as I mentioned, this particular friend, N.U., had reasons to be seriously concerned about S.W.

Either she was to have met her at the doctor's or she was concerned that S.W. didn't return her texts that morning.

N.U. was well aware, somehow, of the volatile situation at S.W.'s home.

It's very likely that S.W. confided in her. Perhaps N.U. witnessed enough behavior of C.W.'s that she knew he was dangerous.

Maybe even the two of them had a "code" on the phone when S.W. was frightened. Or maybe the "code" was to call the police if S.W. didn't text her back within a certain period.

Was Nicole able to show a text or a warning from S.W. about C.W. - something to L.E. for them to act as quickly as they did?

This will possibly come out in the trial.

Thank goodness N.U. showed up at the door when she did. But then, somehow, she knew.

Thank goodness for "caring friends".

They both knew it was a boy and they had named him Niko

No, you can't determine sex from a simple test like a urine pregnancy test

Hopping of this post. No to urine test. In 2011, had what is calls cvs testing at 8 weeks (advanced maternal age, and just our choice) which was 98.5 percent accurate at that time.

Edit spelling of own post.

On "snap" and killing your family. The difference is that normal people are not narcissistic control freaks. Who knows? Maybe CW had this planned? But it seems a bit disorganized for a planned and premeditated murder.

Also, who knows? Is CW on steroids? That has been documented as creating "roid rage". He seems pretty buff.

Hopping of this post. No to urine test. In 2011, had what is calls cvs testing at 8 weeks (advanced maternal age, and just our choice) which was 98.5 percent accurate at that time.

Edit spelling of own post.

CVS = Chorionic Villus Sampling

Done by a physician taking a small sample of the placental tissue to look for possible fetal chromosomal abnormalities. Has risks to the fetus and mother.

Chorionic villus sampling - Mayo Clinic

I'm convinced that SW had confided in Nicole issues about CW and their marriage. Probably even texting her the night of the return flight, etc. Not stuff about baby clothes and parties, but confided in her fears or concerns or worries. Enough to put N on guard that there was a POTENTIAL for BAD things to happen. Likely N or SW were to text each other that am and when N didn't get a text or response, she knew something was BAD and jumped on it, not just assumed SW overslept. Her concerns were enough to get LE involved when she and CW entered the house.
I agree. Most people wouldn't think it cause for concern if their friend didn't answer the phone having just got home from a trip at 0100 with her. IMO she probably expected a ruckus of some kind and told her friend If anything happens to me you know what to do...

Greetings Dexter!

And, as I mentioned, this particular friend, N.U., had reasons to be seriously concerned about S.W.

Either she was to have met her at the doctor's or she was concerned that S.W. didn't return her texts that morning.

N.U. was well aware, somehow, of the volatile situation at S.W.'s home.

It's very likely that S.W. confided in her. Perhaps N.U. witnessed enough behavior of C.W.'s that she knew he was dangerous.

Maybe even the two of them had a "code" on the phone when S.W. was frightened. Or maybe the "code" was to call the police if S.W. didn't text her back within a certain period.

Was Nicole able to show a text or a warning from S.W. about C.W. - something to L.E. for them to act as quickly as they did?

This will possibly come out in the trial.

Thank goodness N.U. showed up at the door when she did. But then, somehow, she knew.

Thank goodness for "caring friends".

THIS, THIS, THIS

Despite the SM Happy Talk going on, there was indeed, something "volatile" going on at home w CW and it was enough to have a very worried friend checking on her welfare. There will be a trail of texts and maybe even voicemails to document the state of the relationship. I am firmly convinced the potential for DV was there and SW had shared it with N.

This and his computer searches may make his defense's attempts to deflect blame onto SW all a moot point. I sure hope so.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe you are correct. However, in the end, both unpaid dues and fines could be liens that HOA could foreclose on. I hope to get away from my own HOA sooner than later.

Ahhhh, thanks!
It’s been umpteen years since I had an HOA myself, thankfully.

We know LE went into the house before CW raced home? I thought CW got there before, he and NU walked through, and then that’s when she called the police. Interesting.

If this is true, that NU walked through the house with CW, was she alone with him at that time? Because if so, she is very lucky to be alive. She could have easily been harmed, too.

Although, at that point, CW was still in lala land, thinking he was going to get away with murdering his family, so he probably kept up his act of perplexity as to where SW and the girls were.

Yes, it's according to laws enforceable in your test. See the following for example where HOA can sell your home out from under you and possibly your mortgage lender.
Woman loses home after HOA auctions almost $500K home for $30K
The HOA basically owns the Subdivision land rights, just like a Mobile Home Park owns the plots while you own the Mobile Home.

So they will charge you the next 1000 years to live there. Until there is nobody left to pay them and then they claim the house as theirs. :(

Watts’ attorneys filed a motion that “an expert be present at the autopsies to take swabs consistent with what” the DNA expert recommends.
Me: Motion denied for their own expert with it said the ME office is more than qualified.
This isn’t the exact and more detailed article I was looking for, but in a speedy attempt to clear that up:
Watts Court Documents Suggests Victims Were Strangled

Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members