Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the police knew CW was a killer, 10 minutes after they checked the house, if not sooner.
I am inclined to agree that they thought CW had something to do with it straight away mainly because NAU said that she thought CW had something to do with it when they were all there in the house with LE but put it out of her mind. She thought he wasn't acting like he should be for the situation. I am sure LE picked up on his behavior IMO.

Two things can be true at the same time.

Obviously, putting the bodies into crude oil tanks is heinous and desecrates the dead. That doesn't mean the spraying video isn't kind of strange. The horror of the tanks doesn't somehow undo the oddness of the spraying.

She was, IMO, not wise to spray Bella in the face because that could trigger her asthma. I notice poor Dieter wants out of there and he zooms into the house when the patio door is opened. I got the feeling SW was maybe restless feeling, put out a bit - maybe CW had already been cheating and it made her less kind than usual.

SW being unwise one time doesn't make me think she was any less a victim. It doesn't make me think she triggered anything in CW. It makes me think she was under a strain, maybe the strain of realizing infidelity. In other words, her sharpness in some of the videos is likely a REACTION, not a CAUSE.

MOO!

I have read where there was one week he went. We see him in that one picture of them at the amusement park. So I do believe he went there but I have seen he went the first week. Then I have heard that it was the last week. Someone on this thread mentioned she was going to fly with her father and girls to NC. I wonder at what time and reason her Dad was there. Seems a bit odd for him to fly to CO then to NC - unless he knew there was problems and Shan'ann would need help to leave. IDK just brain storming

According to the schedule SW gave she and Chris were going to San Diego for a trip without the girls until June 26th. She didn't mention it, but I assumed her dad was coming to watch the girls while they were gone. Then when they returned she said her dad would fly back to NC and SW and the girls would go with him on the same flight. From reading her social media it seems that the her parents often watched the girls when SW and CW took a weekend trip together. I don't think her dad being in CO to watch the girls indicates any problems in the marriage. JMO.

ETA: And sorry, 5 people already said the same thing with fewer words. Man, you guys are fast posters! :oops:

Obviously, putting the bodies into crude oil tanks is heinous and desecrates the dead. That doesn't mean the spraying video isn't kind of strange. The horror of the tanks doesn't somehow undo the oddness of the spraying.

She was, IMO, not wise to spray Bella in the face because that could trigger her asthma. I notice poor Dieter wants out of there and he zooms into the house when the patio door is opened. I got the feeling SW was maybe restless feeling, put out a bit - maybe CW had already been cheating and it made her less kind than usual.

SW being unwise one time doesn't make me think she was any less a victim. It doesn't make me think she triggered anything in CW. It makes me think she was under a strain, maybe the strain of realizing infidelity. In other words, her sharpness in some of the videos is likely a REACTION, not a CAUSE.

MOO!
Respectfully, for me, unless a video sheds light on who committed the murders, I do not see its relevance here. Some people see joy. You see strain. It could be a million reasons if there was strain. But why does it matter?

Sounds about right to me. I find this be very telling about the events that night.

EDITED: I mistakenly thought the sheet and pillowcases were found in the trash at time of initial police check.
Yikes, I thought the same.

I have read where there was one week he went. We see him in that one picture of them at the amusement park. So I do believe he went there but I have seen he went the first week. Then I have heard that it was the last week. Someone on this thread mentioned she was going to fly with her father and girls to NC. I wonder at what time and reason her Dad was there. Seems a bit odd for him to fly to CO then to NC - unless he knew there was problems and Shan'ann would need help to leave. IDK just brain storming
Initially I heard otherwise, then here which only uses facts has been only the last week. I apologize sleuthers for not being able to keep track.

MOO!
BBM. Why would water trigger asthma?

I am inclined to agree that they thought CW had something to do with it straight away mainly because NAU said that she thought CW had something to do with it when they were all there in the house with LE but put it out of her mind. She thought he wasn't acting like he should be for the situation. I am sure LE picked up on his behavior IMO.

I thoroughly agree with you, Best of What's Around.
Police knew very quickly that CW was involved.
I believe, NUA had informed LE, far more than we know, about CW, from when she had concerns about SW.
LE arrived in response to her call.
What went on, during their conversations, and what was disclosed? I think, a great deal.
Of coarse, LE watched CW's reactions, as they walked through the house initially.
If we can see, through his lies, LE certainly can: they are trained, to read body language.
Within days, an arrest.
MOO.

I think that the police knew CW was a killer, 10 minutes after they checked the house, if not sooner.

Yes, and if CW had really left the purse, and other items of SW's in the house with the intent of coming back later to dispose of them, I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the house was left in disarray, considering he had just scrambled out of the house after murdering his wife. Who knows what else NUA and LE observed during the initial walkthrough.

I suspect it wasn't the typically tidy home that SW seemed so proud to showcase in her many SM videos. Perhaps there were glimpses of chaos here and there, that to anyone else wouldn't necessarily stand out, but to NUA, knowing how neat SW was, it stood out like a blaring red flag. Jmo

MOO!
But they are not the same two things. One is a water fight and the other is dumping dead children in oil tanks. Are you giving them the same equivalency?

Last edited:
@Jennifer17
I couldn't figure out how to get this message out of the quote box :rolleyes:

Oh okay thanks Jennifer17. I can't always keep up with the thread and obviously haven't figured out quotes much less double quotes:( It looks like I should never have brought up that video.:oops: It was just the first time I had watched it and I wasn't insinuating anything other than SW looked sad and I felt bad for her.

Respectfully, for me, unless a video sheds light on who committed the murders, I do not see its relevance here. Some people see joy. You see strain. It could be a million reasons if there was strain. But why does it matter?

The more assumptions you make, the closer you get to the truth.

Nope. That’s not it.

I haven't learned about the blankets for the girls. This makes what I was thanking. If a murder doesn't care about the people he or she murdered they just dump the bodies along the way. But by him putting them in the oil tanks shows he didn't want to dump his precious babies. So he wraps them in their blanket...then he might have put the blankets in as well. That way he wouldn't have to look at them.
When time came for Shan'anns turn came he couldn't put her in tank, but he could bury her nearby. That way he has her near the girls and in his mind it was the thing to do. I think he had emotional connections but let things get out of hand when he killed them.

MOO

@Jennifer17
I couldn't figure out how to get this message out of the quote box :rolleyes:

Oh okay thanks Jennifer17. I can't always keep up with the thread and obviously haven't figured out quotes much less double quotes:( It looks like I should never have brought up that video.:oops: It was just the first time I had watched it and I wasn't insinuating anything other than SW looked sad and I felt bad for her.
I am not sure that I commented on SW looking sad. I haven't looked at that vid.

Delete - Can't get this to work.
No worries, Backstroke10! I was not responding to your post (although I did mention I did not see sadness, either, myself). I can see why I confused you because I also touched on your post. But the gist of my post was to address someone else who believes SW might have committed the murders and that there is evidence for it in this video. No worries! I can't figure out multi quotes either! :)

The way it went from a welfare check to a missing persons to CBI, then FBI within a day or so, agreed.

LE would have been thrilled with CW's Oscar performance, during his media interviews.
As we are.
CW spilled the beans completely.
They probably sit around now, having a laugh, at his stupidity.
I also wonder, if LE perhaps had something to do with these interviews: getting CW to speak early, being unaware, he was being critically observed.
Then we get the Police interviews, and CW is charged.
CW had little time for his freedom, and there will never again, be any freedom for him.
MOO.

The only thing the SM videos shed even a little light on is how the people in them were feeling at that given moment. They provide no context as to why. They could be stressed because it was taking too long to get the next meal on the table. We really don’t know. I don’t believe they are the breadcrumb trail leading us to a killer. Jmo.

This is the last time I will mention the video. IMO I think both Cece and Bella looked like they were having fun in the video. It didn't seem like a strange video to me. It looked like a Mom using a spray bottle to play with her kids with the hopes of them having a fun, playful day; once again without any assistance from her husband inside. Heck, haven't all parents used water guns playing with their kids. I sure did. IMO

Continuing the deduction...

If SW was murdered in her bed, she was either ready to go to sleep, or was sleeping already when she was murdered. From this we could deduce, she either checked the girls before she went to bed and they were alright, or she didn't know they were dead.

She definitely did not strangle them, then casually went to her bed to go to sleep.

Conclusion: She did not kill the children.
Excellent deduction.! Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member