Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The videos have been cited in the opinion that SW could have done this.

The implication is that they hold some weight as to who committed the crimes, as why else would they be brought up in the argument of a person who is “on the fence?”

If you are undecided, and point to the videos, you are saying that they provide evidence.

Not you specifically, but one who uses them for this purpose.
If that's how you are choosing to view it, that's your prerogative. I'll agree to disagree.

Has anyone brought up side effects from Thrive? Surely the defense will look into it. I notice that a lot of SW's social posts have Thrive titles or the patches in them.

Not that I'm saying that is what happened...
That has been discussed and discussed. In any case I never saw a post that tied that product's side effects to mass murder. Until then.....

AB now has a guest on who is discussing a group of CW fangirls, who have banded together on Facebook to send him letters of adoration.

This type of thing has gone on with numerous convicted killers (Ted Bundy).

This is gross.

He killed his family and basically has a female fan club.

Question about last statement. Why?

Well, not to derail the thread, let's focus on SW and CW. But, I would believe a woman, more, if she said her abusive spouse killed her children, and she killed him to attempt to save one. I would believe a man is more likely to kill children than a woman.

This is supported statistically, 57% child killings are by men, and interestingly enough, a reason is often "revenge against spouse".

A parent killing a child happens more often than we think - CNN

AB now has a guest on who is discussing a group of CW fangirls, who have banded together on Facebook to send him letters of adoration.

This type of thing has gone on with numerous convicted killers (Ted Bundy).

This is gross.

He killed his family and basically has a female fan club.

I have read about this, and find it absolutely fascinating. It seems to be women who want a romantic relationship, but one that is completely non sexual, and based on fantasy, rather than reality.

I would cation these women, psychopaths are skilled users, liars, and adept at manipulating others. It is amazing. These people live their lives using others, and say anything to manipulate.

I'm not accusing CW or SW. There's a difference between accusing someone and exploring possibilities. Waiting for more information is nothing more than waiting for more information - IMO it's not giving CW the benefit of the doubt. I've stated many times that I don't feel comfortable accusing either one until more information is known. You are taking my posts out of context. I feel like I'm on trial here for wanting more information - it's sad!!!

I am truly sorry you feel like you cannot post your opinions/theories without being attacked, Tippy. I wish you (and anyone else) felt more comfortable in doing so. Your thoughts and theories are valuable to the discussion. I have learned a great deal from opposing viewpoints, and certainly do not automatically discount them. (I've never done this much research in my entire life)! I hope that one day soon you will feel comfortable enough to actively participate in the conversation, and do a lot less sitting on the sidelines- no matter what your opinion might be!

Has anyone brought up side effects from Thrive? Surely the defense will look into it. I notice that a lot of SW's social posts have Thrive titles or the patches in them.

Hi there! Yes it's been discussed. It was actually one of the first things I looked into because I saw something on social media indicating that at least one night, SW barely slept but had energy like someone on speed.

Some of the products appear to have caffeine but nothing on them looked too outrageous or dangerous as applied via a patch. Most were innocuous.

That being said, when this case first broke I entertained the notion that SW might have had a psychotic episode from lack of sleep and maybe some stimulant like substance and had run off with the kids somewhere and possibly even had done something horrible.

I didn't know CW was also using it.

At this point after so much has come out I don't think the stuff has anything more to do with the murders than coffee would.

But that's just my opinion. It will be interesting to see if the defense uses it for anything.

Yes, I think it started in thread 3.

This post discusses ingredients and side effects:
Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

This one has attachments furnished by one of our VI's that also list ingredients.
CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

Well, not to derail the thread, let's focus on SW and CW. But, I would believe a woman, more, if she said her abusive spouse killed her children, and she killed him to attempt to save one. I would believe a man is more likely to kill children than a woman.

This is supported statistically, 57% child killings are by men, and interestingly enough, a reason is often "revenge against spouse".

A parent killing a child happens more often than we think - CNN
Thank you for your reply. I'm unfortunately all too aware and familiar with fathers killing their children to "punish" the other parent.

Last edited:
Speaking for myself only, but I would love to hear theories from those exploring CW's version of events, along with an explanation for his lies and coverup.
I have followed this case from the get-go. Thought - oh no this won't end well! Watched the porch interviews and thought they would become as iconic in the true crime realm as the susan smith"interviews. I always thought that he had killed them all but mot because he had been preparing for this moment for years, had lied to SW for their entire relationship, had felt a casual relief that all were gone and he could just "move on". I saw someone who, in my opinion, snapped - starting out with one of the girls and ran on fueled, out of control and terrible adrenaline the whole fateful night. Doesn't make this tragedy any the less excusable. (And in all reality it really doesn't matter what my opinion is any way because it was what is was - no one is likely to ever really know) I have not seen anyone here outrightly believe his version of events. I don't even think CW thinks anyone will believe this but it is a knee-jerk self -preserving action to come up with whatever story you can (however outlandish) to try to save yourself. I see some clues to the dynamics of their relationship in the sm videos but I would not think of bringing them up here as it will immediately be construed as victim blaming even tho they are not aspersions on SW's character. They are just part and parcel of trying to piece together some of the total dynamic. From the beginning I have just tried to figure out WHY. I have been a part of the site for 10 years - minimal posting and lots of reading. I have never seen a case generate so much hostility among posters and its really sad. Its a horrible case and I think so many of us are just trying to understand how it ended like this. Maybe he is just a narcissist pyschopath that has laid in wait all these years to "rip off his mask". I think there is a lot more going on that we don't know. All of it is just my opinion and I won't be posting in this thread again but it feels like anyone who doesn't echo the same sentiments of the majority here is met with derision and anger. It doesn't make for any kind of debate. I see the Watts family everywhere - on social media and in real life. They are in many peoples' socio economic comfort zone. Its what makes it so relatable to everyone. Again I just want to know how this could have happened and it is hard to get a perspective when everyone shuts down an alternate point of view.
I don't believe this will ever go to trail. I think it will be a quiet plea deal with life without parole. I also don't believe Chris Watts will ever see his 40th birthday.

I have read about this, and find it absolutely fascinating. It seems to be women who want a romantic relationship, but one that is completely non sexual, and based on fantasy, rather than reality.

I would cation these women, psychopaths are skilled users, liars, and adept at manipulating others. It is amazing. These people live their lives using others, and say anything to manipulate.

I've seen the women in those groups and their letters. Absolutely creepy. Shudder.

I am truly sorry you feel like you cannot post your opinions/theories without being attacked, Tippy. I wish you (and anyone else) felt more comfortable in doing so. Your thoughts and theories are valuable to the discussion. I have learned a great deal from opposing viewpoints, and certainly do not automatically discount them. (I've never done this much research in my entire life)! I hope that one day soon you will feel comfortable enough to actively participate in the conversation, and do a lot less sitting on the sidelines- no matter what your opinion might be!

Thanks JDough.
More information will come out eventually. :)

Gitana1 I saw CW with patches on in SW's Instagram, so just popped in my mind. I would think lawyers would investigate if he had an abnormal use/abnormal reaction or reaction with something else he was taking.
PommyMommy - thank you. Sorry I'm a bit slow in reading all the threads but am watching AB now and find it all very interesting.

I think I am on the side of waiting until it goes to court or at least until any testing or investigations are final to pick a solid side. Very surprised the adoring fans are coming out of the woodwork so quick... and was thinking of Bundy and Ramirez before AB even said it. But I guess that shouldn't be a surprise with constantly updating social media.

I have followed this case from the get-go. Thought - oh no this won't end well! Watched the porch interviews and thought they would become as iconic in the true crime realm as the susan smith"interviews. I always thought that he had killed them all but mot because he had been preparing for this moment for years, had lied to SW for their entire relationship, had felt a casual relief that all were gone and he could just "move on". I saw someone who, in my opinion, snapped - starting out with one of the girls and ran on fueled, out of control and terrible adrenaline the whole fateful night. Doesn't make this tragedy any the less excusable. (And in all reality it really doesn't matter what my opinion is any way because it was what is was - no one is likely to ever really know) I have not seen anyone here outrightly believe his version of events. I don't even think CW thinks anyone will believe this but it is a knee-jerk self -preserving action to come up with whatever story you can (however outlandish) to try to save yourself. I see some clues to the dynamics of their relationship in the sm videos but I would not think of bringing them up here as it will immediately be construed as victim blaming even tho they are not aspersions on SW's character. They are just part and parcel of trying to piece together some of the total dynamic. From the beginning I have just tried to figure out WHY. I have been a part of the site for 10 years - minimal posting and lots of reading. I have never seen a case generate so much hostility among posters and its really sad. Its a horrible case and I think so many of us are just trying to understand how it ended like this. Maybe he is just a narcissist pyschopath that has laid in wait all these years to "rip off his mask". I think there is a lot more going on that we don't know. All of it is just my opinion and I won't be posting in this thread again but it feels like anyone who doesn't echo the same sentiments of the majority here is met with derision and anger. It doesn't make for any kind of debate. I see the Watts family everywhere - on social media and in real life. They are in many peoples' socio economic comfort zone. Its what makes it so relatable to everyone. Again I just want to know how this could have happened and it is hard to get a perspective when everyone shuts down an alternate point of view.
I don't believe this will ever go to trail. I think it will be a quiet plea deal with life without parole. I also don't believe Chris Watts will ever see his 40th birthday.
I'm sorry you feel that way and hope you decide to stick around. I think all of us are trying to understand how he could do such horrible things to his family. It's just my opinion that if no relevant connection is being made to a theory about SW killing her girls, then ultimately it becomes victim blaming.

Gitana1 I saw CW with patches on in SW's Instagram, so just popped in my mind. I would think lawyers would investigate if he had an abnormal use/abnormal reaction or reaction with something else he was taking.
PommyMommy - thank you. Sorry I'm a bit slow in reading all the threads but am watching AB now and find it all very interesting.

I think I am on the side of waiting until it goes to court or at least until any testing or investigations are final to pick a solid side. Very surprised the adoring fans are coming out of the woodwork so quick... and was thinking of Bundy and Ramirez before AB even said it. But I guess that shouldn't be a surprise with constantly updating social media.

He's a good looking guy to many and for some she's that annoyingly "perfect" woman who makes you feel bad about yourself because she has it and does it all.

So I'm not surprised.

IMO there's also been a lot of "rumors" put out there about what a total monster SW is - her background, her mental health, her marital history, her work history, legal history, reasons for moves, abuse of her husband and kids, etc.. - and that adds fuel to the fire.

But you are welcome here. It will be a sad and bumpy ride. I think this one is going to trial. If you can kill your family to get out of trouble rather than divorce (I'm clearly not on the fence), you probably won't take the easy way out and plead guilty.

There's going to be a lot to talk about with this case. I respect your willingness to see what unfolds before making up your mind. I think there's going to be a lot from both the prosecution and the defense, that unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18