Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If CW was SO enraged seeing SW strangling the girls (that he murdered SW) ... MURDERED! ... why in the hell would he care one bit about preserving her reputation and dumping/hiding the bodies. Rather, I guess I should ask, what is his reason for dumping/hiding the bodies? That in a fit of rage he just lost it, panicked, and said to himself ... ‘no one will believe me, I have to dump them all’? I see no reason he can give that will fly, eapecially with his behavior after Monday.

Just thinking out loud. Many of my friends were FB friends with CW. They all say he deleted his account the week he was in NC. Maybe he told his AP he was going there to end it with SW, but instead SW was tagging him in family pictures etc. Showing that it was more a family vacation? ( As far as I can tell, all those posts are not showing on SW fb anymore) I personally deleted CW when his FB turned into a thrive ad. So I only have info from mutual friends.
Is it possible that SW was using his facebook for Thrive purposes? I remember the VI Trinket78 said something like SW had full access to his phone. She could have known his password etc. Maybe that’s why he deleted it?

I know exactly what you are saying and I can see how you and others would see them and this case the way you do, but I don't see CW and SW the way so many others do. I absolutely hate being the minority on here. It would be so much easier for me to see it the way you and others do, but I can't.
jmo

Tippy, I’m with you. There are a few things where heated opinions really diverge and I’ve been on the unpopular side. It’s nice when people can say “I can see why you think that, but I disagree”

I realize it's not a cookie cutter scenario. The media interviews and the actions CW took after the fact are bizarre and unexplainable to me. The point I was looking at is the fact that mothers have killed their children when the father wanted out of the marriage.
jmo
IMO they are explainable. CW thought he could get away with murdering his family by hiding their bodies and lying. I think he actually thought he was going to get away with it!!!

I was just re-watching the video interview of CW on #55 and noticed that he said “the garage door was unlocked”
(See 4:53) when the interviewer asked him if the doors to the house were locked. IIRC, didn’t he tell police that the garage door was broken when they first arrived with SW’s friend?

I understood your point but imo it doesn't fit this scenario. CW's story simply doesn't ring true for me. He did not call for help and he hid his daughters bodies in crude oil containers. That is the truth. Then he gave lying interviews to the media and lied to the police to save himself.....not his children and most certainly not SW's reputation. That, to me, is such a weak lie, such a crock.
Of course we have stories of crazy mothers killing their own children and for a variety of reasons. But imo that is not what we have here. What we have here, imo, is another father who killed his wife and children, hid them and lied looking calm and even laughing.

If (big if) what he says is true it doesn't make sense why he did what he did. I think it's possible that he was in a complete panic, not thinking right (obviously) and he was flying by the seat of his pants trying to get away with murdering his pregnant wife and disposing of the bodies. IMO I don't think he was even on the planet when he was doing the interviews - I don't think he could remember what he said during the interview and that's why he kept watching the interviews when he was at the Thayers house.
FWIW - I'm not saying this is for sure 100% what happened. Until we know more I am exploring and looking at all angles.
jmo

Last edited:
Is it possible that SW was using his facebook for Thrive purposes? I remember the VI Trinket78 said something like SW had full access to his phone. She could have known his password etc. Maybe that’s why he deleted it?

I’ve always wondered this. IMO, CW didn’t seem very enthusiastic about Thrive. He’d pose for the photos and go on the trips, but I don’t see him being passionate about it the way Shanann was.

It makes perfect sense to me that he’d hand over the reins and let her do the marketing on his SM for him. She was a natural salesperson and people person, and he was passive - IMO. She wanted to maximize their sales.

I was just re-watching the video interview of CW on #55 and noticed that he said “the garage door was unlocked”
(See 4:53) when the interviewer asked him if the doors to the house were locked. IIRC, didn’t he tell police that the garage door was broken when they first arrived with SW’s friend?

I believe the garage door into the house was unlocked. The overhead door is what he claimed was broken.

Right? BW did it in anger phoned 911 immediately following to confess. She pleaded guilty in January 2018.

Other things that differ: JW did not kill her the same way she killed the kids. JW did not hide all the bodies. Nor did he tell friends she took the kids on a play date, without her phone, car, purse.

I’m looking for cases where someone hides the killer of their children as well as the children. In oil tanks. Because. Protect the killers image. And stuff.

Still looking...

To my knowledge there isn't another case exactly like this. There's always the first.

For those that are still exploring possibilities. I came across this and thought it was interesting.

CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. -- A judge has sentenced a central Indiana woman to 120 years in prison for fatally stabbing her young children hours after her husband filed for divorce.

When the dispatcher asked Worley what caused her to do that, she replied, "My husband wanted a divorce and wanted to take my kids. And I don't want him to have my kids."

Mom who killed kids hours after husband filed for divorce is sentenced to 120 years
Question - Did the father then load up their bodies and dump them in oil tanks or bury them in shallow graves and pretend he had no idea what happened?

Answer – No, he did not. They were given a loving and respectful memorial service and burial.
Worley Charlee.jpg
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/172993995/tyler-worley

I've been doing a lot of reading to catch up with the fast pace of the threads. Until we have new information, all I have to say is that he fits the profile of a family annihilator (FA) to a tee. Also, although many of you aren't convinced of this, narcissists have such a big ego that they think everyone will just "believe" their explanations, which is why there were so many loose ends he hadn't tied up at home - he thought his explanations would believed and that would buy him more time. JMO - I could be wrong, but I'd bet money on this.

CW seems to be a classic covert narcissist. He plays the victim to garner sympathy from his friends and co-workers and I won't be one bit surprised if it comes to light that CW complained about SW to everyone who would listen. He probably never let SW know that he had issues with their relationship. He probably liked being submissive to SW in certain aspects. It was convenient to let her make all the decisions and planning. That way, she would be held accountable and he could claim it was all her decisions because she was "so controlling" to his sympathetic friends and family. It will be interesting to hear what he confided to his affair partner about SW. I'm guessing he sat back on his passive arse and SW was left to make all the serious decisions by default.
Covert narcissists are the most dangerous. At least with the malignant narcs (*modsnip* etc.), you know how they are already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tippy, I’m with you. There are a few things where heated opinions really diverge and I’ve been on the unpopular side. It’s nice when people can say “I can see why you think that, but I disagree”

Thanks. It's hard to put emotions aside when so much has been lost for so many people. I can see both sides - it's a hard place to be.
jmo

If (big if) what he says is true it doesn't make sense why he did what he did. I think it's possible that he was in a complete panic, not thinking right (obviously) and he was flying by the seat of his pants trying to get away with murdering his pregnant wife and disposing of the bodies. IMO I don't think he was even on the planet when he was doing the interviews - I don't think he could even remember what he said during the interview and that's why he kept watching the interviews when he was at the Thayers house.
FWIW - I'm not saying this is for sure 100% what happened. Until we know more I am exploring and looking at all angles.
jmo
I hear what you're saying Tippy but it just seems more likely to me that he planned this because he wanted his freedom. I think he might have been taken off guard when SW's friend showed up as he hadn't completely carried out his coverup plan. Then he still thought giving those interviews would work in his favor. I think SW leaving him alone for all those weeks caused him to love freedom and his plan started to take shape then. SW snapping and killing her daughters and then CW hiding them in a great hiding place doesn't seem true to me. I think he hid them in a great hiding place because he wanted them hidden forever to cover his own arse. It would take a LOT to make me think anything else. To me this is the act of a person who committed the crime and is thinking they will get away with it.

I’ve always wondered this. IMO, CW didn’t seem very enthusiastic about Thrive. He’d pose for the photos and go on the trips, but I don’t see him being passionate about it the way Shanann was.

It makes perfect sense to me that he’d hand over the reins and let her do the marketing on his SM for him. She was a natural salesperson and people person, and he was passive - IMO. She wanted to maximize their sales.

That was his way of supporting her, her wants and her dreams with Thrive.
jmo

I hear what you're saying Tippy but it just seems more likely to me that he planned this because he wanted his freedom. I think he might have been taken off guard when SW's friend showed up as he hadn't completely carried out his coverup plan. Then he still thought giving those interviews would work in his favor. I think SW leaving him alone for all those weeks caused him to love freedom and his plan started to take shape then. SW snapping and killing her daughters and then CW hiding them in a great hiding place doesn't seem true to me. I think he hid them in a great hiding place because he wanted them hidden forever to cover his own arse. It would take a LOT to make me think anything else. To me this is the act of a person who committed the crime and is thinking they will get away with it.

I can see this scenario as well.
jmo

That was his way of supporting her, her wants and her dreams with Thrive.
jmo
I'm going to agree. I have a relative that is very passive but certainly is supportive of his wife and her ventures. I do not think her (SW) business with Thrive had anything to do with the murders. I think the murders had to do with him personally and wanting freedom. jmo.

Question - Did the father then load up their bodies and dump them in oil tanks or bury them in shallow graves and pretend he had no idea what happened?

Answer – No, he did not. They were given a loving and respectful memorial service and burial.
View attachment 150578
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/172993995/tyler-worley

I'm not saying what he did was right. Like I said in another post his actions afterwards don't make sense. I think it's possible he thought he was going to get blamed for killing all of them and disposed of them to avoid all of this.
jmo

CW seems to be a classic covert narcissist. He plays the victim to garner sympathy from his friends and co-workers and I won't be one bit surprised if it comes to light that CW complained about SW to everyone who would listen. He probably never let SW know that he had issues with their relationship. He probably liked being submissive to SW in certain aspects. It was convenient to let her make all the decisions and planning. That way, she would be held accountable and he could claim it was all her decisions because she was "so controlling" to his sympathetic friends and family. It will be interesting to hear what he confided to his affair partner about SW. I'm guessing he sat back on his passive arse and SW was left to make all the serious decisions by default.
Covert narcissists are the most dangerous. At least with the malignant narcs (*modsnip* etc.), you know how they are already.

While I don't feel I can diagnose whatever might be wrong with CW, I totally agree with you about wanting to hear the things he said to his family and the AP regarding SW.

I suspect that at the beginning of their relationship CW was attracted to her outgoing and take charge nature but eventually came to resent it quite deeply. Instead of talking to her about what he was feeling, it seems likely he expressed those things to others while pretending everything was hunky dory at home, at least for a time. That is certainly the impression I formed from information via one of our VI's who knew them both.

I also think we'll probably be hearing from some of those people at trial if the defense strategy includes attempting to lay the blame for this at SW's feet. Jmo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member