Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still kind of wonder if was he was encouraged to do them by LE (and the Thayers?). I think they knew something was hinky from the get go. They told him not to go out and search himself but perhaps they were saying - hey, you can get the word out. Talk to the press. Then they could just sit back and see what he might reveal. Jmo.
I'm positive they knew something was hinky from the get-go. No doubt about it for me.

How in the world did they get out of the house? If it was through the garage, how were they going to get back in? Why would Shanann go anywhere with her children without her keys, purse, phone, and children’s medications?

He sounds like a complete idiot in those interviews. He said the last time he saw Shanann, “She was in bed.” Really? Does everyone strip their bed and pile all the bedding on the floor before they lay down to go to sleep?

On top of that, he talks more about himself than his "missing" family. He had such a terrible night, it's like a nightmare, blah blah blah. Give me a break. :rolleyes:
MOO

Good Morning everyone. Only one thing I wanted to reply to from yesterday:

@MollyDDD
"He looks like a Poindexter to me.:p"

Yes, that is it exactly! I think that is what was bothering me about the Metallica video. I grew up straddling two worlds between the nerdy crowd and metal band death crowd (Only in my day there was KISS, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, and many more, but I digress). If I didn't know that he is a dangerous murderer I would think CW was a normal guy who was just a little socially awkward. He looks like he is a slightly nerdy guy trying to fit in with the heavy metal crowd. He tries too hard. That's what happened with his tv interviews after the murders too IMHO. He tried too hard to paint a picture of himself as he wanted everyone else to see him and it didn't work. Unlike socially awkward people, however, he is missing something else, something in his brain didn't alert him when his tv performance was going poorly. Most of my slightly nerdy friends will realize when they say or do something not quite right and stop talking. They get embarrassed. They get upset at themselves for saying the wrong thing. CW does not get embarrassed and does not realize when he should stop talking to the press. He even asked the Thayers later how he sounded. He had no clue. If the reporters wanted to keep interviewing him I think he would have stood there for an hour talking to them. His police interviews should be very revealing and very interesting. MOO.
I couldn’t agree with you more! (and they sure don’t make music like they used to.):cool:

I still kind of wonder if was he was encouraged to do them by LE (and the Thayers?). I think they knew something was hinky from the get go. They told him not to go out and search himself but perhaps they were saying - hey, you can get the word out. Talk to the press. Then they could just sit back and see what he might reveal. Jmo.

I think it's likely - I mean why not?

@MollyDDD

Yes, that is it exactly! I think that is what was bothering me about the Metallica video. I grew up straddling two worlds between the nerdy crowd and metal band death crowd (Only in my day there was KISS, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, and many more, but I digress). If I didn't know that he is a dangerous murderer I would think CW was a normal guy who was just a little socially awkward. He looks like he is a slightly nerdy guy trying to fit in with the heavy metal crowd. He tries too hard. That's what happened with his tv interviews after the murders too IMHO. He tried too hard to paint a picture of himself as he wanted everyone else to see him and it didn't work. Unlike socially awkward people, however, he is missing something else, something in his brain didn't alert him when his tv performance was going poorly. Most of my slightly nerdy friends will realize when they say or do something not quite right and stop talking. They get embarrassed. They get upset at themselves for saying the wrong thing. CW does not get embarrassed and does not realize when he should stop talking to the press. He even asked the Thayers later how he sounded. He had no clue. If the reporters wanted to keep interviewing him I think he would have stood there for an hour talking to them. His police interviews should be very revealing and very interesting. MOO.

He doesn't seem to easily recognize, identify, and respond appropriately to social cues.

I don't think that makes him a nerd or whatever derogatory comments; there's plenty to criticize otherwise. I guess I'm just feeling protective of my socially inept peeps :)

There is so much contradictory evidence when you try to make sense CW’s words, actions, and deeds. The latest is him having a picture of SW and his daughters in his jail cell, rather than a picture of just his 2 daughters. If SW really did everything CW said she did, he would hate her so much, he wouldn’t be able stand the sight of her. She was domineering, she suffocated him, nothing satisfied her, she spent all his money, and she killed Bella and CeCe, and he’s getting blamed for it, and he may have to pay for it. Why would he want to look at her picture?
He's not thinking it through. It's hard to keep up with all the lies. The picture display is a feeble attempt for sympathy. JMO

I am reading the book Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson which Gitana recommended when I asked for a good book on him.

I cannot tell you how much I recommend that people read this. It is CW. The actions are identical in terms of affect.

It really explains how he learned to mimic being a human being and why.

I am really curious about CW’s early life.

SP played out the natural consequences of probably generations of trauma in his family.

If you can, read this book. It talks about how SP had no idea of how a real person would react to tragedy. Same as CW. They have no of how a person should be.

Incredible book.

I am reading the book Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson which Gitana recommended when I asked for a good book on him.

I cannot tell you how much I recommend that people read this. It is CW. The actions are identical in terms of affect.

SP played out the natural consequences of probably generations of trauma in his family.

If you can, read this book. It talks about how SP had no idea of how a real person would react to tragedy. Same as CW. They have no of how a person should be.

Incredible book.

I've read the book. If we're comparing the two.....I think we should also look at how LP treated SP vs how SW treated CW. The relationship dynamics are quite different IMO.

There is so much contradictory evidence when you try to make sense CW’s words, actions, and deeds. The latest is him having a picture of SW and his daughters in his jail cell, rather than a picture of just his 2 daughters. If SW really did everything CW said she did, he would hate her so much, he wouldn’t be able stand the sight of her. She was domineering, she suffocated him, nothing satisfied her, she spent all his money, and she killed Bella and CeCe, and he’s getting blamed for it, and he may have to pay for it. Why would he want to look at her picture?
Excellent point about the picture! Kudos

He doesn't seem to easily recognize, identify, and respond appropriately to social cues.

I don't think that makes him a nerd or whatever derogatory comments; there's plenty to criticize otherwise. I guess I'm just feeling protective of my socially inept peeps :)

Exactly. In the book I am reading about Scott P, they learn how to be by denying any feelings or sense of self as an infant and then a child. Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson explains the process of how someone turns into a CW or Scott P. No crying allowed. Never angry. Be what someone else wants you to be. Agree with everything. Never cause a fuss.

I realize it's not a cookie cutter scenario. The media interviews and the actions CW took after the fact are bizarre and unexplainable to me. The point I was looking at is the fact that mothers have killed their children when the father wanted out of the marriage.
jmo

Right. I went to look at more about this case. Her picture seems to show that she was a very different person from SW.

She seemed “matter-of-fact” and not remorseful, the sheriff said.

@MollyDDD

I agree. Without the murders, what I see is a guy who is simply not too graceful. There is another video of CW, made a few years ago, before his weight loss. He is in his kitchen, in a wide shirt, singing (to a dog? Not sure). All I can see is that he has imperfect pitch and moves out of sync with own singing, and the video is funny, but that is all. Yes, slightly nerdy, but this is not an explanation for his actions. Interestingly, it seems that his nerdiness generated some fun at home, as on Metallica video, SW's father, good-naturedly, posts something like, "sounds like Chris is having fun". Overall, a normal video, a normal family, normal responses. But it was a year ago, before SW was deep into marketing of her product, I understand.

I've read the book. If we're comparing the two.....I think we should also look at how LP treated SP vs how SW treated CW. The relationship dynamics are quite different IMO.

SP led a secret life . How was he different as a husband? He was compliant . Just like CW. CW had his secret life.

CW was never angry nor was SP.

We have one side of the story and that is CW since he admittedly killed SW.
If we (I) go with CW side of the story he's still wrong, evil and a very bad person. Why anyone would defend him is mind boggling to me JMO
If his story is true his demeanor and lack of any emotion during the news interviews is extremely disturbing MOO
I have zero sympathy for CW and feel he deserves the DP. IMO

If (big if) what he says is true it doesn't make sense why he did what he did. I think it's possible that he was in a complete panic, not thinking right (obviously) and he was flying by the seat of his pants trying to get away with murdering his pregnant wife and disposing of the bodies. IMO I don't think he was even on the planet when he was doing the interviews - I don't think he could remember what he said during the interview and that's why he kept watching the interviews when he was at the Thayers house.
FWIW - I'm not saying this is for sure 100% what happened. Until we know more I am exploring and looking at all angles.
jmo

But when we look at him, and his demeanor during the three interviews, he was NOT in a 'complete panic.'

panic=
sudden uncontrollable fear or anxiety, often causing wildly unthinking behavior.

We have one side of the story and that is CW since he admittedly killed SW.
If we (I) go with CW side of the story he's still wrong, evil and a very bad person. Why anyone would defend him is mind boggling to me JMO
If his story is true his demeanor and lack of any emotion during the news interviews is extremely disturbing MOO
I have zero sympathy for CW and feel he deserves the DP. IMO
Yes, Shanann and her children are not here to tell their side, but the State of Colorado will do that for them. And, I believe it will be compelling. What they have and will be able to show is far more than what we have here at this point, and that is plenty.
  • CW is the only one who had the means, motive, and opportunity to kill Shanann and the girls
  • CW was actively involved in an affair with a co-worker, possibly as long as 6 – 10 months
  • Shanann was 15 weeks pregnant, hadn’t been feeling well, was likely exhausted, and arrived home at 2 am
  • CW confessed to strangling Shanann, killing her and their unborn son
  • CW confessed that CeCe was also strangled
  • CW did not call 911, hit the panic button on the home security system or yell for help from his neighbors
  • CW did not make any attempt to resuscitate or save the lives of his wife and children
  • CW confessed that in less than an hour and ½ later (from 4 am), he loaded all their bodies into his truck
  • CW confessed to driving with their dead bodies for 45 minutes (or so) to dispose of the evidence
  • CW confessed to burying his wife and their unborn son in the dirt
  • CW confessed to dumping his 3 and 4-year-old daughters into crude oil tanks, possibly cramming them through 8" hatches
  • CW gave three interviews the next day and showed no signs of sleeplessness, no signs of grief, no signs of a psychotic episode
  • CW’s actions following the murders show consciousness of guilt
  • LE stated that there is no evidence that the deaths of the girls were committed by anyone but CW
  • CW has no history of mental illness (as far as we know at this point)
AFFIDAVIT:https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

INTERVIEWS: CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

NO evidence that slain mom Shan’ann Watts killed her young children: Report
MOO

Exactly. In the book I am reading about Scott P, they learn how to be by denying any feelings or sense of self as an infant and then a child. Inside the Mind of Scott Peterson explains the process of how someone turns into a CW or Scott P. No crying allowed. Never angry. Be what someone else wants you to be. Agree with everything. Never cause a fuss.

I downloaded it too, but fell asleep.

Yesterday in thread nr 41 there was an interesting post about both CW and SP not wanting kids, and marrying women who, they might have expected, would not have any. And then these women got pregnant.

I have a theory that is hard to prove, and it is probably just my imagination.

In short, what do we know about human daydreaming? What if the minds of both CW and SP were filled with sadistic images, what if both created imaginary world so scary that they themselves were afraid of it? Of what they were capable in, in their mind?

Then they would be scared of passing it onto their kids. And especially, boys.

SP was expecting a boy whom he did not love as he never touched LP's belly. CW flipped out on the third kid, also, a boy.

I think it was not the main reason, the reason was the anger against the women and the wish to ultimately control the partners, forever. But the component of anger against the women being pregnant and the fear of the boys they were carrying (that the boys would grow up worse than themselves - because both fathers had the reason to be scared of own thinking) could have played a certain role. MOO twice

Incredible book.
“How a person should be.” I think about how I would react in that situation and the first thing that comes to my mind is, there could be no interviews because I would be sedated in my bed under a doctor’s care. Perhaps in time, and with the support of my family, I could maybe, beg and plead for the safe return of my loved one. There would be no make up, no hair do, just a crying, skinny woman with bags under her eyes from lack of sleep and no appetite.
But just look at him and SP and Susan Smith etc. They’re up, put together, doing interviews...I just don’t get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective