Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Experiment time! Take a non-porous bag, lay it on the floor, step on it (a normal step), and see how long the print is retained. Then take the bag and put something in it, like a large teddy bear, and tie it up. Carry it around, put it in a car, and then check it to see how much of a print was retained and if the print has been distorted. If the prosecution is comparing prints it's most likely the print was made with enough force to be retained (more than just stepping backward) and wasn't distorted. IMHO the print had be made with force and just before the bag was discarded. I'm a big man and I tried this test with a trash bag. In a matter of minutes the print was gone. Trash bags are made to be flexible.

I understand what you mean but I think, and I could be wrong, that finger prints are sometimes invisible to the naked eye ? So I would assume footprints would be too. If I’m right it’s the oil from the skin that transfers prints and this may not always be visible.

The question isn’t so much if it would be retained, as it is the reason that one would step on it in the first place.

It could have been incidental.

It could have also been for some practical reason. What is the practical reason?
I went into detail in my reply to Pommy
The question isn’t so much if it would be retained, as it is the reason that one would step on it in the first place.

It could have been incidental.

It could have also been for some practical reason. What is the practical reason?
I went into detain in a reply to PommyMommy on page 33, it had to do with getting a body into the tank.

I think the footprint was made in the house. I think the kids were put in bags for transportation.

I still have absolutely no idea why he would have found it necessary to step on what I believe to be a trash bag.
If one does not want to carry cargo, sometimes it can be shoved or scooted along using ones feet. MOO

Experiment time! Take a non-porous bag, lay it on the floor, step on it (a normal step), and see how long the print is retained. Then take the bag and put something in it, like a large teddy bear, and tie it up. Carry it around, put it in a car, and then check it to see how much of a print was retained and if the print has been distorted. If the prosecution is comparing prints it's most likely the print was made with enough force to be retained (more than just stepping backward) and wasn't distorted. IMHO the print had be made with force and just before the bag was discarded. I'm a big man and I tried this test with a trash bag. In a matter of minutes the print was gone. Trash bags are made to be flexible.
I think if its a latent print, then it would be oils on the feet (e.g. in sweat) and no force would be necessary. I think there would need to be some drying time (where the bag was not moved), so that the prints oils would 'set'.

I don't know. Maybe the state won't try again.
We should know very quickly...
since the report is done, and there are pending records requests (and I’m sure more coming in daily), they are supposed to respond to the requests within a short timeframe (days?).

I would assume they would have to petition before that response deadline ends... otherwise there’s nothing permitting the records to be withheld.

Thoughts?

I understand what you mean but I think, and I could be wrong, that finger prints are sometimes invisible to the naked eye ? So I would assume footprints would be too. If I’m right it’s the oil from the skin that transfers prints and this may not always be visible.
Very good point, but I would think movement into and out of the truck, dirt and chemicals in the back of a work truck, etc., would obscure them.

If one does not want to carry cargo, sometimes it can be shoved or scooted along using ones feet. MOO

Oh, ugh. Are you thinking maybe he didn't want to carry them down the stairs and just gave the bag a shove with his foot? Maybe if he wrapped SW in plastic too I could see this happening. He was pretty strong and fully able to carry the girls though. He did lots of pushups with both of them on his back. :mad:

We should know very quickly...
since the report is done, and there are pending records requests (and I’m sure more coming in daily), they are supposed to respond to the requests within a short timeframe (days?).

I would assume they would have to petition before that response deadline ends... otherwise there’s nothing permitting the records to be withheld.

Thoughts?

Agreed. I kind of think they might not though. We shall see.

I think if its a latent print, then it would be oils on the feet (e.g. in sweat) and no force would be necessary. I think there would need to be some drying time (where the bag was not moved), so that the prints oils would 'set'.
My point exactly. Occams Razor. The print would have to be made with enough force to leave an imprint and/or oils/sweat. The bag would need to then be left relatively unmoved (discarded?). Where was that most likely to take place? The oil tanks.

Oh, ugh. Are you thinking maybe he didn't want to carry them down the stairs and just gave the bag a shove with his foot? Maybe if he wrapped SW in plastic too I could see this happening. He was pretty strong and fully able to carry the girls though. He did lots of pushups with both of them on his back. :mad:

After discussion about the hole size I wondered if he could've shoved the girls' bodies through using his feet. Maybe his foot print was on a plastic bag surrounding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton