Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Death kills humans, what happens afterward is a different issue. A dead body concealed is a dead body concealed no matter where it might be hidden afterwards. I'm not on some kind of religious high-horse about "desecration" because the bodies were already dead and the charges against CW reflect that fact.

I seriously doubt a jury will conclude guilt on first degree murder based only on the fact he concealed the bodies. The prosecutor must prove the charge of murder and concealment of the bodies is secondary and a lessor offense. JMO
So if ur husband killed ur kids and u killed him because of it, ur saying u have no trouble submerging ur poor dead little girls in crude oil 40 minutes away to save ur own hide? And then go to work, no longer upset, ready to spew lies?
Or ur saying u have no trouble believing that a loving father who was so enraged his wife was killing his precious little ones that its understandable they all of a sudden became disposable items to save his own *advertiser censored**? In his heart and mind he didnt even think they deserved a proper burial when only moments before he committed a terrible act to save them?
Nah, i cant believe it.
If he truly loved those little girls he would have been a mess and would have called 911. Period
You say ML called 911 the day after. At least she did call 911 and SHE'S the one who killed them. Not her spouse

Last edited:
Just for the record, i asked the question a few pages back/a couple days ago, if any MAN on here believed his story. No man has come forth.
I hope the whole jury is men, lol.
Of course i know that it can't be.

It’s interesting you mention this because all the men I know are like, “Nooo way, he’s sooo full of it!!” Women too but the men’s reactions are especially confident.

Years ago, I witnessed a child on the bottom of the pool. I was in the changing room when I noticed the girlfriend of the child’s father was in the sauna. I knew (small town and everyone knew everyone in the club) she was supposed to be watching his son and his son’s friend. I ran out and sure enough, that little boy (he was six years old) was on the bottom of the deep end and he was a white boy but he was totally black. Someone had jumped in to get him. They worked on him, the rescue squad came. He did recover, thank God. The point of my story is that he hadn’t been in the water terribly long to have first turned blue and then black from lack of oxygen. I saw this with my own eyes. I’ll never forget it.
That's a terrible event, the poor child. It would play on your mind I'm sure for years but the point I got from your account, you saw him turning blue in person, it wasn't on a tiny baby monitor screen. If you can check out the video a few pages back that SW made while in bed, the baby monitor is clearly seen on the night stand, and it's just not possible, imo, for CW to see Bella blue.

I just lost a good friend, of decades. He wasn't a family member. Yet for the last 3 days there is no way I could have done a TV interview, I have burst into tears at odd moments and when I have suddenly seen friends on the street who also knew him. This was not a husband, brother, father, boyfriend. I know this is slightly O/T, but not really, as here I am yet again with a heavy face and tears squeezing out. The reason I'm describing this is because there is NO WAY Chris Watts lost people he loved. I didn't really feel this before as I constantly criticized his stone cold persona in the videos, but now I completely understand. He murdered people he didn't even care about, and these were blood kin.

Thank you for your words. So sorry for your loss! I hope you found all the support you needed to deal with that!

And I think it's important that people like you just speak up to show that his behavior wasn't quite the norm. Yes everybody deals with emotional pain differently but there seemed to be just an total absence of any pain or emotion towards the fact his entire family was just gone. Not to forget that he used phrases like "Like, I’m not sure if they’re safe somewhere — just huddled-up somewhere". At that moment it went straight to his mind that they were "huddled-up", not "somewhere" but in big oil tanks. If he had ever loved them (maybe he did - I don't know) but that would have been the perfect moment to brake down in tears. This man is guilty as hell.

Just for the record, i asked the question a few pages back/a couple days ago, if any MAN on here believed his story. No man has come forth.
I hope the whole jury is men, lol.
Of course i know that it can't be.

I told my husband about this case - he was fully convinced that his story was total bull*....
Besides men a few mothers sitting in the jury wouldn't be too bad... :D

So if ur husband killed ur kids and u killed him because of it, ur saying u have no trouble submerging ur poor dead little girls in crude oil 40 minutes away to save ur own hide? And then go to work, no longer upset, ready to spew lies?
Or ur saying u have no trouble believing that a loving father who was so enraged his wife was killing his precious little ones that its understandable they all of a sudden became disposable items to save his own *advertiser censored**? In his heart and mind he didnt even think they deserved a proper burial when only moments before he committed a terrible act to save them?
Nah, i cant believe it.
If he truly loved those little girls he would have been a mess and would have called 911. Period
You say ML called 911 the day after. At least she did call 911 and SHE'S the one who killed them. Not her spouse
I totally agree with every single word! He didn't love his children!

CW had no reason to hide the bodies, none at all. The evidence is on those children, if he has super human x-ray eyes to see Bella blue on a tiny baby monitor screen, he'd easily see in the flesh SW's finger and fingernail marks around those children's necks! SW had long nails, she would have done a lot of damage to them and also to CW if she was able to fight him, but like everyone else I believe he killed her while she slept or she was quickly grabbed from behind and thrown onto the bed where he strangled her or used a choke hold strangle. JMO

Thank you for your words. So sorry for your loss! I hope you found all the support you needed to deal with that!

And I think it's important that people like you just speak up to show that his behavior wasn't quite the norm. Yes everybody deals with emotional pain differently but there seemed to be just an total absence of any pain or emotion towards the fact his entire family was just gone. Not to forget that he used phrases like "Like, I’m not sure if they’re safe somewhere — just huddled-up somewhere". At that moment it went straight to his mind that they were "huddled-up", not "somewhere" but in big oil tanks. If he had ever loved them (maybe he did - I don't know) but that would have been the perfect moment to brake down in tears. This man is guilty as hell.
I'm glad you brought this up, it was a very strange term to use, he went off script there, imo.

It really is scary! I was completely prepared, and my husband is stocky and muscular while I have chronic pain issues so I was on guard. And I was still surprised how fast I was incapacitated without a chance to fight back. All he had to do was get my arms pinned somehow and it was over.

I can only imagine how Shanann must have felt. It also made me feel a tiny bit of comfort, if there's any to be had, that I sincerely doubt she knew he killed the girls or that they were first. I think he needed complete control, and it would have been too much of a wild card because fear and rage give a lot of extra adrenaline strength he wouldn't have wanted her to have. Nor would he have wanted her to be on guard and ready to fight back.

All JMO again.
And then go back and look at mr. Muscles on his mower. She didn't have a chance. Funny experiment, though! Thanks!

It’s interesting you mention this because all the men I know are like, “Nooo way, he’s sooo full of it!!” Women too but the men’s reactions are especially confident.
I can't imagine which type of person the defense will look for on the jury. If only they could sort for those who write murderers in jail with kind words and marriage proposals.

Years ago, I witnessed a child on the bottom of the pool. I was in the changing room when I noticed the girlfriend of the child’s father was in the sauna. I knew (small town and everyone knew everyone in the club) she was supposed to be watching his son and his son’s friend. I ran out and sure enough, that little boy (he was six years old) was on the bottom of the deep end and he was a white boy but he was totally black. Someone had jumped in to get him. They worked on him, the rescue squad came. He did recover, thank God. The point of my story is that he hadn’t been in the water terribly long to have first turned blue and then black from lack of oxygen. I saw this with my own eyes. I’ll never forget it.

That's a terrible event, the poor child. It would play on your mind I'm sure for years but the point I got from your account, you saw him turning blue in person, it wasn't on a tiny baby monitor screen. If you can check out the video a few pages back that SW made while in bed, the baby monitor is clearly seen on the night stand, and it's just not possible, imo, for CW to see Bella blue.

The point I'm getting from it is that the body turns blue (or even black, as maeleemae points out) while it is deprived of oxygen, but still ALIVE. It is a vital reaction. After death (or resuscitation) the body exhibits pallor, or returns to normal. The body does not remain blue once the oxygen supply has returned to normal, or the body is no longer able to sustain a vital reaction because of death.

Hence, after Shanann ALLEGEDLY (according to CW's bullcrap story) left Bella to go to CeCe, Bella would not still be blue unless she was still alive. And if she was still alive she would not just have died alone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm learning (as I do in every case!).

The point I'm getting from it is that the body turns blue (or even black, as maeleemae points out) while it is deprived of oxygen, but still ALIVE. It is a vital reaction. After death (or resuscitation) the body exhibits pallor, or returns to normal. The body does not remain blue once the oxygen supply has returned to normal, or the body is no longer able to sustain a vital reaction because of death.

Hence, after Shanann ALLEGEDLY (according to CW's bullcrap story) left Bella to go to CeCe, Bella would not still be blue unless she was still alive. And if she was still alive she would not just have died alone.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm learning (as I do in every case!).

Hi Tortoise!

Just signing on for the trial

I told my husband about this case - he was fully convinced that his story was total bull*....
Besides men a few mothers sitting in the jury wouldn't be too bad... :D

IMO his version will quickly fold up at trial.

There is no evidence to support it - other than his own claims

But can he really take the stand? That would be a disaster IMO

I have been going over in my mind how CW managed to strangle Shanann without any marks on his arms, so I asked my husband if we could try a few experiments to see what he might do in CW's place and what my instinctive reactions would be. If experiments like this freak you out, please just scroll and roll.

I pretty much said, "What if I were in this position" and let him act without prompting, just knowing she was strangled.

First, I laid on my side on the bed as if I were sleeping and he reached behind me to put me in a choke hold, left arm around my neck and right arm locking around the left wrist. I reached up and clawed his forearms the second he hit the front of my neck. This didn't seem likely.

Then when I was still on my side, he rolled me on my back, got on my stomach and put his knees on my upper arms so I couldn't fight back. Sleeping or in bed, this seemed like a better option as far as getting quick control without scratches on him whether she was on her side or on her back.

Finally, I asked what if we were standing either arguing face to face or with my back turned, but near the bed.

He came behind me and simultaneously bumped me with his body while locking his arm(s) around my neck and fell on top of me on the bed. I was face down and instinctively tried to reach to catch myself so my face wouldn't hit the bed. But it happened SO FAST that my arms were pinned beneath my body. It was a split second and I was completely helpless. I was stunned. I would have been choked plus half-suffocated on the bed with him on my back.

I know my husband very well, we've play wrestled countless times over the years so I know what to expect. This really caught me off guard when I hadn't even considered it before. I now believe that if the autopsy reports support it, this is most likely how it happened. I have always thought he confronted her while awake instead of waiting and hoping for her to fall asleep, especially with the plane delay.

All of this is JMO and not in the least scary or creepy in our home so please understand and respect that, thanks!

Do we know yet if she was incapacitated?

I am not sure if the autopsy report is out but am only so far as thread 11!

I have a problem with CW hiding the phone. Not hiding it per se, but why would he hide it, and why the sofa? If he wanted to hide it, why not put it in her purse on the kitchen counter? Or put it in the suit case? Or in a drawer. But, why would he hide it? He didn't expect anyone in the house and he left it locked tighter than a drum. If he did hide it, why the sofa?
I think it makes the most sense. Why wouldn't he hide it? If he is preparing for killing her he has to think ahead to where her phone is (no doubt near her) because what if she was to somehow escape his clutches, grab her phone, lock herself in the bathroom and call for help. The sofa makes most sense to me if he wanted to remove it from the bedroom say, it's the closest room to the bedroom, her purse and case are downstairs, and the cushions provide a good immediate hiding place. She won't know to look there but she could also have been disturbed (if she was sleeping) to hear a drawer opening. The cushions also muffle the sound of it if it rings. It's just a theory - we can all only make a guess, with reasons why we think what happened is most likely.

From the link -- brilliant photo of loving SW and her girls.

39925370_301395224003420_9190944664402788352_n.jpg

Obviously there has been lots of discussion in these threads about Narcissistic / Psychopathic /Abusive behaviour

But I am kind of coming round to the view that it might just be another tragic example of the kind of brutality men are capable of - perhaps without any real warning signs.

Man has affair, murders wife in heat of the moment is after all, one of the oldest plots.

The kids on top is the purest of evil.

Who could do that - and in such a personal cold blooded way?

I lean towards the idea he murdered the kids while she was away and planned to murder her in cold blood.

Had he simply murdered her in an argument why murder the kids?

I know there are some profiles where he would murder the whole family then kill himself.

Maybe he bottled that last part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member