Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so after hearing Nicole describe how he'd started distancing himself, I'm starting to think he was either having an affair or was just over it all and wanted a fresh start. Possible he might have disappeared after selling the "ghost town" and deleting SM.

SO WHAT'S DIFFERENT?
As I'm mulling this over with the rest of you... What's different? He went from a doting partner/dad (who wanted another baby) to their murderer. What caused the big morph?
I read upthread that she was gone 6 weeks. Im going to guess that her newly found freedom was leading to a breakup... or a perceived breakup.
I don't buy that he was a 'genuine' nice guy doting husband and
father. I think he faked a lot of this behavior in front of her
friends and cohorts. Like many women, SW was stuck in a marriage w 2 small children and another on the way. She had a lot invested in the marriage and many reasons to 'tolerate'
a less than ideal hubby. Pretty common, IMO.
He didn't suddenly snap. The rotten human being was always
there, he just kept it under wraps.
Sudden rage, , murderous rage came forward, but his potential
for this was always there. MOO.

Forgive me for not knowing where to post. My first post here. Still trying to figure out how this forum works. This crime has ripped my soul apart. Maybe I've missed it but has anyone seen any remarks from CW's parents? Siblings? Family?

Haven’t been active on WS in a long time, but this case has sucked me in. I’ve tried to scroll through the threads to catch up. I want to know what SW was wearing when they discovered her body. Was she in the clothes she was wearing when her friend dropped her off at 2:00? Or was she wearing pajamas? If it was pajamas, CW may have waited until she was asleep to attack. If she was wearing clothes, there may have been a more immediate encounter after the “emotional conversation”.

A contact list is to be used if the medical facility needs to contact a person in a medical emergency. It’s not used to give out information on the patient.
I'd say all deemed this a medical emergency. High risk prego Mum and child vanish in thin air and child with a life threatening issue without their Rx! It's a judgment call - not black and white....

OK so after hearing Nicole describe how he'd started distancing himself, I'm starting to think he was either having an affair or was just over it all and wanted a fresh start. Possible he might have disappeared after selling the "ghost town" and deleting SM.

Definitely reeks of entitlement. Rather than being accountable for his life choices ( getting married, having kids, (potential spending issues)), he tries to erase his past.

I cannot help but feel that her flight being delayed may have had something to do with the murders. He states that she got home at “1:48 AM”.. that is what stuck out to me in his interview. That is waaaay to precise, so he was obviously waiting up (pacing, watching the clock). Most people would say she got home “around 1:45 AM” or “a little before 2 in the morning”. He knew the minute she walked in that door.
I assumed he had a Ring doorbell that said the exact time and when he prepared for the interview, he noted the exact time.

I sure would like to see their last years income tax returns, the profit and loss on the business.
I think he was at his wits end with the business, it was burring them in debt. She wouldn't give it up. I'm sure he was loosing interest in her the last few months, I'm not convinced of a girlfriend.
I think he lost it and killed her first. I think he will use the excuse that he killed the kids because he knew he would be going to jail and the children would be without both their loving parents, in his mind.

Unless he had already disposed of the girls' bodies before Shannan got home? Those cameras will help nail him. Interesting that Atkinson did not know about the separation from SW. Seems to indicate that story might have been a reason for CW to explain her disappearance.
True, I guess I'm assuming because he left loading several bags into truck. Not disagreeing, anything is possible

You have the last name wrong, it's "Utoft". She is the same person as the GMA from today. Most articles have her as Atkinson, only one I saw with Utoft.

Friends Called Cops After Chris Watts’ Wife and Daughters Disappeared
Back in Colorado last Monday, a friend dropped Shanann off at the couple’s home on Saratoga Trail in Frederick after a quick work trip. That friend, Nickole Utoft, is the last person to have seen Shanann alive, besides Chris.
She was very recently married and Atkinson is her married name.

SO WHAT'S DIFFERENT?
As I'm mulling this over with the rest of you... What's different? He went from a doting partner/dad (who wanted another baby) to their murderer. What caused the big morph?
I read upthread that she was gone 6 weeks. Im going to guess that her newly found freedom was leading to a breakup... or a perceived breakup.

I would like to know what happened three weeks prior.

Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband not 'shocked' by his arrest

I know that Chris and her were having some issues about three weeks prior to everything happening. But as far as the social media and what actually went on behind closed doors I don't know.

“He wasn't being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn't touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn't being as attentive to the girls as he normally is,” she added.

Totally agree.

I don't buy that he was a 'genuine' nice guy doting husband and
father. I think he faked a lot of this behavior in front of her
friends and cohorts. Like many women, SW was stuck in a marriage w 2 small children and another on the way. She had a lot invested in the marriage and many reasons to 'tolerate'
a less than ideal hubby. Pretty common, IMO.
He didn't suddenly snap. The rotten human being was always
there, he just kept it under wraps.
Sudden rage, , murderous rage came forward, but his potential
for this was always there. MOO.

I tend to agree with you. I posted in another thread of someone I knew in an abusive relationship where she constantly painted a very different picture of their situation online than what she would tell us privately. I think for the person I knew it was a way to 1.) try to convince herself it wasn’t so bad when he had a good moment ( clung onto the good moments) and 2.) praising him publicly in hopes he will one day ‘wake up’ and want to be the husband she was protraying 3.) maybe even guilt him a little. None of it worked. I remember being surprised as well at the first couples on FB who got a divorce. They had been the ones constantly posting gushing messages about each other.

I think signs of instability were always there. Or began to present themselves shortly after they were married and the mask came off. I wonder how long they dated before marrying.

This morning's interview with SW's good friend Nickole has definitely changed my perspective. From what she said, it sounds like CW was the one who had "checked out." We know he wiped his SM accounts a week prior to the murders, he had become more fit in recent months, and, according to Nickole, his attitude toward his wife & kids had changed enough that SW was beginning to suspect infidelity. This completely changes motive in my mind.
What if CW was planning on returning home and setting the scene for abduction, then disappearing himself? I believe that they were about to forfeit the home in their bankruptcy. It would've been easy to disappear, perhaps with a mistress...

I feel the same way and also think he was planning on staging a family abduction and had plans to disappear himself. I think he originally planned to place SW’s body in the oil tank with her girls. It’s highly unlikely they would have ever been located IMO.
His plans were foiled when he for whatever reason couldn’t get Shannan up into that well and the friend immediately got LE involved. I’m thinking he was planning on moving her body that Monday night but ran out of time.

jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members