Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given all his charges... if he was able to get a plea, it seems that the lowest he can hope for is life in prison without parole.

If that is the case... why would he go to trial?

Wonder if the state would refuse to offer him a plea?

Maybe someone with legal knowledge can comment.

1. Might be important to him to be innocent of children’s murder. Possibly he confess d to killing SW to be seen as a protector to his children

2. A trial might offer a chance to be found innocent on all charges.

3. My guess is prosecutor knows how upsetting this is to community so there won’t be a deal offered.

4. He’s taken his best shot.

Ok I'm back on the bedding again.
From the affidavit https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...18CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

It sounds like CW consented to a search on Monday afternoon after NU called the police. He handed over SWs phone to police at that time.

Then later the affidavit describes on Wednesday a drone identified a bed sheet in an oil field. The affidavit says the sheet matched bedding found earlier that day (so, Wednesday) in the kitchen trash can in a search CW consented to.

Why did he leave one if his bedsheets in the oilfield? Sloppy, rushing, dropped it?
Why didn't he either get the bedding in the kitchen trash disposed of out of the house, or put away in the house, before Wednesday? Even if he couldn't dispose of them because he was under surveillance he could have put them away because what innocent reason is there for sheets in the kitchen trash in this situation?

This guy.

Put the body on a bed sheet to drag it down the stairs so there were no rug burns on the body as he pulled it down?

I saw him shaking his head "no" as the judge read the charge about tampering with the bodies. So did they walk themselves into the vat of oil?

Oh I had some savage moments watching that. Screaming inside for some biblical justice - "let her family rip him apart!"

But it was just a moment and it passed.

Ultimately I'm glad we don't live in Iran.

I could be wrong but I thought that that there was a period of around seven years before one could file for the second bankruptsy....Perhaps it is different in each state....
They can file chapter 7, and then file 11 the next year. 7 discharges all debt (unless you keep making payments on specific items Chapter 11 is more like a modification (not the legal term) but you can set up a payment plan and you get to keep your stuff.
You can file once every 7 years (either or both) however, whichever is chosen it will stay on your credit report for 10 years, I cant remember if its 10 years of filing/discharge or 10 years after last payment. IMO

Wow what a stoic well rested looking dude! Did anyone notice that? This guy really seems to just not give a crap... Her poor family ..

IMO, he has been heavily coached by the defence: “do NOT say ANYTHING other than ‘Yes Sir/No Sir’; do not look at anyone other than the judge; save your questions for us, afterwards”. Also, “let’s get in & out as quickly as possible”.

He may also pure speculation on my part be sedated to some extent.

I felt the same zen. My heart was breaking for him.

I feel really, really sad beyond words. I dont know what else to say right now :(. That was awful to see, her father and brother. How can one handle such grief? I wish there was something we could do for them. But there isn’t. :( I too am worried about their health.

Selfish monster. Taking away Frank’s (and family’s) daughter and his grand babies for his own sick motives...can barely speak right now.

Last edited:
I was surprised by the light sentences for 1st degree murder. If they don't seek the DP, I wonder if they were looking for every possible offense to charge him with, so there's no chance of him ever getting out of jail.

I just re-watched the hearing today and the minimum sentence for his first degree murder charges was life in prison.

My guess...which is subject to change:
He told Shanann that it was over. They argued. Her hopes and dreams dashed. He then killed her out of rage. Men do that. They kill the innocent party when caught or when a big argument ensues...maybe out of hate for whoever is standing in their way of 'freedom'. I had trouble believing someone would dump a beautiful, supportive woman and their children for someone else, but maybe that's what happened. And the childrens' murder then followed.
I'm just guessing.

I have been watching WS for many many years and have never commented but some of these things are just jumping out at me. I have had insomnia since the news of this case broke. I hope I am replying/posting correctly.

I’m observing and absorbing all of these details. This case is particularly disturbing. CW’s personality and just everything about him. I knew the second I saw his eyes, he was someone who I disliked instantly. His face, his eyes, terrify me.

I actually don’t quite know “how” to say this and hate to “say” it publicly, but your theory makes sense. When my husband gets upset and any type of arguing ensues, his anger escalates to a frightening level and if he loses control, he says, “Now look at what you made me do”. It’s a scary switch that turns on. The blame instantly goes to the woman if the man feels that he is seen in a bad light by anyone. Image is highly important to people like this. In my mind, CW blamed Shanann for anything wrong in his life. He intentionally wanted to hurt her and he used the children to do that. This is a tangled mess and there are most likely multiple motives IMHO. (Financial, ego, “the kids”, girlfriend...etc)

My apologies if this has already been answered but does anyone know why CWs employer Anadarko terminated him before he was arrested? Did they perhaps see something on surveillance videos?

Attachments

• FE06D18A-9A73-436E-A817-D83A803BCC01.jpeg
    FE06D18A-9A73-436E-A817-D83A803BCC01.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics