CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

In that second story, this quote stood out to me---

By breaking off their relationship, the children’s mother had deprived him of his lover and dethroned him as head of an intact family. This profoundly undermined his fragile ego and destroyed his sense of manhood. In Humpty Dumpty terms, he couldn’t put his mental equilibrium back together again.

Devoid of empathy and pathologically self-obsessed, he allegedly blamed the mother for fueling his revenge. The only victim that matters is him. Sure, two children are dead, but just look how cruel this woman has been. From his perspective, the blood is on her hands. He’s just a poor, forlorn guy who, in Othello’s words, “loved not wisely but too well.”

I think CW was pained by the five-week separation and the knowledge that SW was filing for divorce and leaving to return to NC soon after she returned from AZ.

Why did he tell LE where the children’s bodies were so quickly after ‘confessing’? He was already shafted so witholding this info a bit longer to compromise evidence further wouldn’t impact his sentence. Just trying to figure out whether he felt any emotion in relation to his children. As horrific as his crime is, I’m undecided whether or not he cared about them.
Oh, me too, Lola, on the 'undecided'.

Some sleuthers have suggested his dad helped him concoct his SW-killed-kids-so-I-strangled-her theory. I think it's more likely dad's no idiot and knew son had done it, and he may have helped get CW to tell LE.

I also keep thinking of Native Son, a novel by Richard Wright that I had to read in hs. Bigger was an African American in the 50s or 60s who got a job as a driver for a prominent local white man's daughter. She got drunk one night and he didn't want her to get in trouble--she was almost passed out--so he carried her into her house to put her to bed so she wouldn't get in trouble with her folks. Entering white folks' house was forbidden. As he was carrying her up the stairs, she started making noise. He panicked and smothered her. Then he über-panicked and stuffed her body in the furnace. I can't remember how they found him/knew he'd done it, but after the fact, the horror was that he'd destroyed her body so inhumanely. In reality, his horror was that after he'd killed her, he had to hide the evidence. CW is a monster, no doubt. And I don't disagree with anyone here who questions how a father could leave their child in such a wretched resting place. But if his first thought was covering it up/ridding the evidence, it's sort of a separate thing, IMO. Especially if he's truly narcissistic at the core and only concerned with himself.

If the defense can put that video with the video of her eating the bars and the child hungry, they can begin to piece together a pattern...

Why are you so intent on building a case for the defense. I admit that before this case I hadn't posted since September of last year, but when I was active here last, this was considered a victim-friendly forum. Has that changed?

I am new here, so I don't really know how to post so if I am doing it wrong I apologize... but I have been lurking for a while now...I have a lot to say about this case. Sorry in advance for the long post... I will start here where I knew he was guilty before he confessed...

It was the uncut video from Denver 7, Right around the 1 min marker the reporter asks him "what happened" look at the smirk on his face and the smile that is bubbling up in side of him. He appears to be unable to contain his happiness, almost as if he is gleeful and happy with himself for what he has done, which seems to be present through out this entire interview. He thinks its funny. He thinks he got away with it.

Then the 2 things the really stood out to me after around the 3:16 marker where he is talking about the girls and being with out them that night he repeats the statement "I needed that, I needed that" and then say something about having the house to himself. Who TF says that they "needed that" repeatedly when talking about his wife and daughters going missing??? (Someone who wanted them gone and someone who is guilty!!) You really "needed that" makes no sense why he would even say that!! Unless he was happy they were gone and was simply speaking the truth that he really "needed that" meaning he needed to kill them all so he could finally have peace and quiet and be alone!! I think he has hated them for a very long time and resented all of them and I think it felt good to him when he killed them. Look at his joy in all of this interview, he can hardly contain himself!!

Then after that telling statement(s) he is asked about Shanann and what happened when she came home and he slips and if you listen carefully he says "She barely let me..." and then catches himself and says "she barely made it into bed". She barely let you what Chris???!!! Barely let you touch her??? What did she barely let you do???? Did he rape her? What did Shanann barely let him do???

I am waiting for the forensic evidence to come out on this because it would not at all surprise me if he raped her. Charges can be added to the 9 he has now, and as this case progresses I have an awful feeling it is going to get worse before it gets better.

The wording of the motions from defense regarding evidence on the state of Colorado website, (yes I have read them all....) as well as the first court appearance he made on the 16th where defense requested that the DNA touch evidence be sealed was denied...why are they asking for this to be sealed and why are they asking for not only the necks and fingers to be checked but other areas of the girls that could not be mentioned specifically, IE their nether regions. Did he molest them? The excuse the defense attorney gave to seal the touch DNA was to eliminate public scrutiny...if they were strangled that’s already in the warrant-less arrest affidavit, which they knew was going to be unsealed that following Monday. The judge denied the motion so I will be interested to see those forensic testing results.

This man is utterly SICK. He needed to mention the "EMOTIONAL CONVERSATION" because that was going to be his excuse for her leaving him and taking the girls and “disappearing”. He did not at all expect NU to show up at the house and call the police for a wellness check, she messed up his entire plan. According to the arrest warrant, the cops had already found Shananns body before he confessed and they continue to interview him and gave him enough rope to hang himself with. When the interview tapes come out I’m sure we will see the unemotional, over confident, physocpath come out to play.

I have literally read every shred of details and watched every report regarding this case from day one. He is guilty as sin. If a husband walks in and sees his wife enraged killing his beloved babies, he would simply whack her in the head/subdue her and start to save the kids and call 911, even if he killed her why didn't he call 911??!!! Why lie again and again and again and again???!!!!

Why put those poor babies, HIS babies in those awful oil tanks and disrespect their hearts and souls that way!!! At least he buried his wife. HE KILLED THOSE KIDS. NO ONE ELSE!!

A MAN THAT WALKS IN ON HIS WIFE KILLING HIS BABIES, DOESN'T KILL HER AND AVOID CALLING 911 AND TRYING TO HELP HIS BABIES!! AN INNOCENT MAN DOESN'T PACK ALL THE BODIES IN HIS TRUCK AND DRIVE AN HOUR AND DUMP HIS OWN BELOVED BABIES (THAT HIS AWFUL WIFE KILLED) IN NASTY CRUDE OIL AND THEN GIVE HIS AWFUL MURDERESS WIFE A BURIAL AND NOT DEFILE HER BODY IN THE OIL TANKS THE WAY HE DID HIS LITTLE ONES. THEN LIE HIS TUSH OFF TO EVERYONE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!! THIS CLOWN IS JUST TRYING TO AVOID THE DEATH PENALTY!!! HE IS NOT A GOOD LIAR. AND ANYONE WHO BELIEVES THIS NONSENSE HE IS SPEWING NEEDS TO HAVE THEIR HEADS CHECKED!! HE IS NOT EVEN SMART ENOUGH TO BE CONVINCING.

Outside of being a psychopath, he’s a moron. And he was moron enough that he though he could fool multiple LE agencies, the CBI & the FBI. This monster was delusional enough to think he could get away with this. To all of you folks out there that say this wasn’t premeditated, just read the complaint including the 5 charges of 1rst degree murder, the DA is a no BS guy and he would not have charged CW with murder in the 1st, 5 times ( one for each victim, then an additional 2 counts for the girls for being killed by a position of trust with them being under the age of 12). If the DA didn’t have the evidence to charge him for the girls not just 1 count of 1rst degree murder but 2 counts of 1rst degree murder, he would have charged him with manslaughter or 2nd murder if there was any evidence to support that Shanann killed her babies. You must remember that the DA is building their case as we speak and it’s a continuing investigation that is very dynamic and faceted, and we don’t have all the information yet, but to think or suggest the information that will be coming out will exonerate CW is absolutely absurd and simply preposterous.

Shannan was well aware of his infidelity and left HIM for 6 weeks!! Why would she be enraged with a separation??? She already separated from him, she was probably planning to leave him and moving back to NC with the girls which is why she was there in the first place. I really do not believe for one moment there was an “emotional conversation” about him leaving her when she got home at 1:48am. He was trying to sell that garbage story, during the initial stage of the investigation to add proof to the story he was trying to facilitate of her taking off with the girls and justify why they were missing. His whole plan went awry when NU showed up and got the police involved with the wellness check. Now he is just grasping at anything to try to get him out of this situation because clearly his brilliant scheme did not work.

I finally signed up on WS because there were 2 or 3 posters on here I wanted to IGNORE because they were really making me angry with this whole blame the victim crap and then the one saying how handsome CW is and that SW's baby wasn't his!! Who cares what this man looks like he is a MONSTER!! I literally wanted to cuss these people out!!

I was glad to see the Mods to step in like they have been and shut the disgusting victim shaming down!! It is clearly stated that this site is VICTIM FRIENDLY!!! It is one thing to be play "devils advocate" and another to be a jerk trying to get a rise out of people. This is a tragedy that CW ALONE created!!!

I am so thankful for that ignore button, no more having to yell at my computer!! I will continue to IGNORE anyone that is delusional enough to think this psychotic *advertiser censored**clown didn't kill those babies and blames SW for it. I'm all set with that garbage.

Anyway, I have all the links saved so if any of you need any resource info, I have all the interviews, the areal views of the site where they were found, the news reports, all the court docs, everything saved and I will be happy to share the links. I pretty much have every piece of information that is out there, when I say I have followed this closely, that is putting it mildly.

Sorry for this long post. It has been brewing in me since this has happened, it hits close to home... my family also had a tragedy that resulted in a double homicide by whom we thought was a loving husband and 12 years later we are all still searching for answers as the killer smugly rots away in jail, unfortunately he avoided the death penalty by lying his tush off just like CW and his smirk haunts me and reminds me of CW. And those dead & empty eyes...the whole thing...Its truly sick. Anyway... All of this is JMO. My heart goes out to all of the families involved. Everyday they are in my prayers.
I'm glad you signed up and such a great first post. I'm 100% with you :)
Love this place because we can't Victim Blame and for anyone who says anything negative about SW and her parenting makes my blood boil.
I also knew the second I saw his interview that he killed them. He is a true Monster.

TX for BIB. So it's 4-5 am that the dachshund is howling ( No one based Europe can open many of the links eg Fox, due to GDPR and the data issues. )

Did they say in that inaccessible link, anything more about dog barks timing overnight? ( Dachs are very protective IMO)

Also that gives us an idea of how much neighbours can hear despite them being detached house. ( ie they would be able to hear screams. No screams acc to MSM to date.... so again, back to taking SW by surprise when she'd in bed, imo)
Very likely

I am new here, so I don't really know how to post so if I am doing it wrong I apologize... but I have been lurking for a while now...I have a lot to say about this case. Sorry in advance for the long post... I will start here where I knew he was guilty before he confessed...

It was the uncut video from Denver 7, Right around the 1 min marker the reporter asks him "what happened" look at the smirk on his face and the smile that is bubbling up in side of him. He appears to be unable to contain his happiness, almost as if he is gleeful and happy with himself for what he has done, which seems to be present through out this entire interview. He thinks its funny. He thinks he got away with it.

Then the 2 things the really stood out to me after around the 3:16 marker where he is talking about the girls and being with out them that night he repeats the statement "I needed that, I needed that" and then say something about having the house to himself. Who TF says that they "needed that" repeatedly when talking about his wife and daughters going missing??? (Someone who wanted them gone and someone who is guilty!!) You really "needed that" makes no sense why he would even say that!! Unless he was happy they were gone and was simply speaking the truth that he really "needed that" meaning he needed to kill them all so he could finally have peace and quiet and be alone!! I think he has hated them for a very long time and resented all of them and I think it felt good to him when he killed them. Look at his joy in all of this interview, he can hardly contain himself!!

Then after that telling statement(s) he is asked about Shanann and what happened when she came home and he slips and if you listen carefully he says "She barely let me..." and then catches himself and says "she barely made it into bed". She barely let you what Chris???!!! Barely let you touch her??? What did she barely let you do???? Did he rape her? What did Shanann barely let him do???

I am waiting for the forensic evidence to come out on this because it would not at all surprise me if he raped her. Charges can be added to the 9 he has now, and as this case progresses I have an awful feeling it is going to get worse before it gets better.

The wording of the motions from defense regarding evidence on the state of Colorado website, (yes I have read them all....) as well as the first court appearance he made on the 16th where defense requested that the DNA touch evidence be sealed was denied...why are they asking for this to be sealed and why are they asking for not only the necks and fingers to be checked but other areas of the girls that could not be mentioned specifically, IE their nether regions. Did he molest them? The excuse the defense attorney gave to seal the touch DNA was to eliminate public scrutiny...if they were strangled that’s already in the warrant-less arrest affidavit, which they knew was going to be unsealed that following Monday. The judge denied the motion so I will be interested to see those forensic testing results.

This man is utterly SICK. He needed to mention the "EMOTIONAL CONVERSATION" because that was going to be his excuse for her leaving him and taking the girls and “disappearing”. He did not at all expect NU to show up at the house and call the police for a wellness check, she messed up his entire plan. According to the arrest warrant, the cops had already found Shananns body before he confessed and they continue to interview him and gave him enough rope to hang himself with. When the interview tapes come out I’m sure we will see the unemotional, over confident, physocpath come out to play.

I have literally read every shred of details and watched every report regarding this case from day one. He is guilty as sin. If a husband walks in and sees his wife enraged killing his beloved babies, he would simply whack her in the head/subdue her and start to save the kids and call 911, even if he killed her why didn't he call 911??!!! Why lie again and again and again and again???!!!!

Why put those poor babies, HIS babies in those awful oil tanks and disrespect their hearts and souls that way!!! At least he buried his wife. HE KILLED THOSE KIDS. NO ONE ELSE!!

A MAN THAT WALKS IN ON HIS WIFE KILLING HIS BABIES, DOESN'T KILL HER AND AVOID CALLING 911 AND TRYING TO HELP HIS BABIES!! AN INNOCENT MAN DOESN'T PACK ALL THE BODIES IN HIS TRUCK AND DRIVE AN HOUR AND DUMP HIS OWN BELOVED BABIES (THAT HIS AWFUL WIFE KILLED) IN NASTY CRUDE OIL AND THEN GIVE HIS AWFUL MURDERESS WIFE A BURIAL AND NOT DEFILE HER BODY IN THE OIL TANKS THE WAY HE DID HIS LITTLE ONES. THEN LIE HIS TUSH OFF TO EVERYONE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!! THIS CLOWN IS JUST TRYING TO AVOID THE DEATH PENALTY!!! HE IS NOT A GOOD LIAR. AND ANYONE WHO BELIEVES THIS NONSENSE HE IS SPEWING NEEDS TO HAVE THEIR HEADS CHECKED!! HE IS NOT EVEN SMART ENOUGH TO BE CONVINCING.

Outside of being a psychopath, he’s a moron. And he was moron enough that he though he could fool multiple LE agencies, the CBI & the FBI. This monster was delusional enough to think he could get away with this. To all of you folks out there that say this wasn’t premeditated, just read the complaint including the 5 charges of 1rst degree murder, the DA is a no BS guy and he would not have charged CW with murder in the 1st, 5 times ( one for each victim, then an additional 2 counts for the girls for being killed by a position of trust with them being under the age of 12). If the DA didn’t have the evidence to charge him for the girls not just 1 count of 1rst degree murder but 2 counts of 1rst degree murder, he would have charged him with manslaughter or 2nd murder if there was any evidence to support that Shanann killed her babies. You must remember that the DA is building their case as we speak and it’s a continuing investigation that is very dynamic and faceted, and we don’t have all the information yet, but to think or suggest the information that will be coming out will exonerate CW is absolutely absurd and simply preposterous.

Shannan was well aware of his infidelity and left HIM for 6 weeks!! Why would she be enraged with a separation??? She already separated from him, she was probably planning to leave him and moving back to NC with the girls which is why she was there in the first place. I really do not believe for one moment there was an “emotional conversation” about him leaving her when she got home at 1:48am. He was trying to sell that garbage story, during the initial stage of the investigation to add proof to the story he was trying to facilitate of her taking off with the girls and justify why they were missing. His whole plan went awry when NU showed up and got the police involved with the wellness check. Now he is just grasping at anything to try to get him out of this situation because clearly his brilliant scheme did not work.

I finally signed up on WS because there were 2 or 3 posters on here I wanted to IGNORE because they were really making me angry with this whole blame the victim crap and then the one saying how handsome CW is and that SW's baby wasn't his!! Who cares what this man looks like he is a MONSTER!! I literally wanted to cuss these people out!!

I was glad to see the Mods to step in like they have been and shut the disgusting victim shaming down!! It is clearly stated that this site is VICTIM FRIENDLY!!! It is one thing to be play "devils advocate" and another to be a jerk trying to get a rise out of people. This is a tragedy that CW ALONE created!!!

I am so thankful for that ignore button, no more having to yell at my computer!! I will continue to IGNORE anyone that is delusional enough to think this psychotic *advertiser censored**clown didn't kill those babies and blames SW for it. I'm all set with that garbage.

Anyway, I have all the links saved so if any of you need any resource info, I have all the interviews, the areal views of the site where they were found, the news reports, all the court docs, everything saved and I will be happy to share the links. I pretty much have every piece of information that is out there, when I say I have followed this closely, that is putting it mildly.

Sorry for this long post. It has been brewing in me since this has happened, it hits close to home... my family also had a tragedy that resulted in a double homicide by whom we thought was a loving husband and 12 years later we are all still searching for answers as the killer smugly rots away in jail, unfortunately he avoided the death penalty by lying his tush off just like CW and his smirk haunts me and reminds me of CW. And those dead & empty eyes...the whole thing...Its truly sick. Anyway... All of this is JMO. My heart goes out to all of the families involved. Everyday they are in my prayers.

Welcome Juniper. Agree with many things you have said but too long to take them in turn.

We have a resources thread on page 1 of this thread ( Media Resources...) so it might be worth adding some to that - Pommery & Spellbound would probably be interested in any new additions.

This might interest you re the Denver7 interview too
Dr. Jack Brown on Twitter

Dr Jack Brown does a review”nonverbal and paralanguage analysis” of the CW video. Best analysis I have seen.

And my children pull off their barbies heads. That doesn't mean i'm going to decapitate them.

To make that connection, you have to assume that the kids actually posed that doll that way. I will never ever believe it. I just can’t. Beyond the fact that the Twister mat is folded so neatly, the staging looks way too realistic for two kids playing with a doll.

Why would they purposefully make the doll look longer and more human shaped by putting something on the pillow on the right to look like a head? The doll’s head is between those pillows and the doll is rigid plastic... it doesn’t bend or flex to be elevated like it is resting on the pillow on the right. The doll lays flat.

How would 3 and 4 year old kids know to make the doll pose that way? It is very clear that it was staged to look like a human resting against pillows, not a doll.

Or, he told her he wanted a divorce and she told him, good luck, I'll get custody of the kids and you'll have to pay child support and HE snapped.

Colorado has 50/50 custody. It's almost impossible for or one parent to get majority custody if the other parent doesn't agree to it. The only real exception is proven physical abuse of the children. I work in the field of domestic violence, and we see a lot of abusers use this to try to keep the victim in the marriage. However, most people don't know about that unless they've been through a high-conflict divorce here recently, so your scenario is still reasonably likely.

SBM

Also, if they filed Chapter 7 in 2015, they wouldn't be eligible to file for bankruptcy again until 2022.

The foreclosure process takes a long time in Colorado, so we don't know if they were behind on their mortgage payments. (I'm sure it will come out.)

Another thing to consider: since the housing market in Colorado is so hot, the Watts' home had appreciated in value enough to where the could sell the house to get out from under the debt, and they could pocket a little gain. Zillow says the house is worth $500,000 now.

If SW wanted out of the marriage and was planning to move back to NC, this would be an ideal time because the house could be sold and SW could use half of the net proceeds to pay for her move and a downpayment on a home near her family in NC.

Unless she didn't want to sell and preferred to pay it with child support money. I wouldn't make it easy for the prick. Why should the kids lose their house

Interesting that CW had a life insurance policy on SW and Bella, but not himself. Wouldn't you, as a father and husband, take one out on yourself to help your family. Or have a policy on yourself in addition to spouse and child.
Also, this was done prior to Cece's birth, so he must have been having unusual thoughts for some time. Per HLN Ashleigh Banfield yesterday.
Not necessarily a red flag that he'd plan to kill them, but certainly an indicator that dude only looked out for himself. "If I lose my wife, I'll need a cook and a cleaning lady." "If my daughter dies, we'll need to pay for her funeral." The H?

When hubby and I took out our life insurance, pretty sure his first inclination was to have his policy substantially higher than mine because he had higher income.

Why are you so intent on building a case for the defense. I admit that before this case I hadn't posted since September of last year, but when I was active here last, this was considered a victim-friendly forum. Has that changed?

Wondering that myself.

I quite honestly don't understand why some people are insistent upon making Shanann the "bad guy" here and seem to be going out of their way to find things. She's dead. You might not agree with how she displayed herself on SM (which is the way that MANY people do), or agree with the bedtimes she set. You may not even LIKE her. She is still a victim in this crime, however. She was still killed. There is zero proof that she killed the girls; we only have CW's word for that and his track record for the truth isn't strong.

Colorado has 50/50 custody. It's almost impossible for or one parent to get majority custody if the other parent doesn't agree to it. The only real exception is proven physical abuse of the children. I work in the field of domestic violence, and we see a lot of abusers use this to try to keep the victim in the marriage. However, most people don't know about that unless they've been through a high-conflict divorce here recently, so your scenario is still reasonably likely.

Yes, Colorado is considered a 50/50 parenting time state, if the parents live close enough to make it workable. However, the courts also have to let a parent move away if done in the initial parental orders, and then the court will have to determine which parent should have primary custody based upon the children's best interest.

IMO, in this case, SW could very well move back to NC, and the Court would let her take the kids with her, and there would be very little that CW could do about it. Plus, he probably didn't have the money for a big custody fight.

So I think he knew she could take the kids and he would see them rarely, and he would have to pay child support, and without her income he couldn't keep the house.

His world--this facade of the perfect family--was about to come crashing down.

If the defense can put that video with the video of her eating the bars and the child hungry, they can begin to piece together a pattern...
Any mother /father of two children that age would never believe she wasn’t a great mom. Posting that was a moment of being “real” . Children between 3-5 have boundless energy , are not hungry then “starving” 2mins later , don’t have to use the bathroom before you get in the car and need to go immediately one block later. The post of her explaining hail to her daughter and the tenderness she used and understanding the daughter reflected shows she is a mom that has a wonderful bond with her babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman