CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They never put out an AMBER alert for the girls, correct?

That is a huge issue, because LEO already KNEW who the perpetrator was...that is very interesting. Excellent observation.

I knew who it was to, the minute he was on TV, babbling away, embellishing his story. WTH? "Emotional Discussion"? Who talks like that? Say, "We had a fight". He was carefully choosing his words. Just too slick.

In relation to why Shanann had a Drs appointment I found this interview with her friend. It was to hear the babies heartbeat for the 1st time. This is such a sad, sad case.

Murdered mum feared hubby was cheating: friend

What a gut wrenching post :(
Thank you for that information.

Hearing your baby's heartbeats for the first time is such an awaited milestone in their development. Something you really look forward to. ♡

It also (IMO) seems to show CW's disinterest in Nico's development. Did he honestly just forget about Shanann's Dr appt - the one where she & the Dr would hear the heartbeat? Or was he sooo done with his life with Shanann & the girls that he never even filed the date away in his mind?

Thanks, again for the info. As heartbreaking as it is - it at least added some perspective, in my mind, about CW.

DAdvocate said:
And all this just because someone didn’t answer the phone! Police were on it!!!

Damn straight they were on it. It quickly went from a missing persons case to a multiple homicide case, so LE wasn't as stupid as he thought they were.

DAdvocate, NU opened the front door only to encounter that it was latched from the inside and SW's car and girls car seats observed in the garage. Logical explanation would be that SW was still in the home.

Man leading effort to repurpose stuffed animals from Watts memorial after meeting Shanann's father
A chance encounter between a Firestone man and the mourning father of Shanann Watts Wednesday night has led to a new effort to repurpose many of the stuffed animals left at a memorial at the Watts home for other grieving families.

He said the smaller stuffed animals would be cleaned and donated to local police and fire departments, who can in turn give them to kids in crisis situations. The others will be turned into blankets and other items. John said he would be setting up a private Facebook page to ask for fleece donations and other items necessary in coming days.

“I hope we can take that and share that love in moments of crisis in someone else’s life,” he said.

I am sorry, but I cannot see how any of those things could have any bearing on this case.

Perhaps they don’t.

But as we look at the behaviors & the psychology behind those behaviors, people’s past experiences often affect their perceptions, reactions, and attitudes.

For example, sometimes when a person has had a failed marriage, they are more reluctant to give up on a subsequent marriage despite things not being ideal, especially when children are involved.

I also asked this as part of our conversation on SW’s video (where she talks about pushing CW away because she was ill, but he persisted & wanted to be with her despite her illness & the issues it caused her).

I’m wondering what her situation/mindset was upon meeting CW versus her situation/mindset close to the time of her murder. May play in to CW’s motive.

Not amazing at all, IMO. Scott Peterson didn't have a history of domestic violence either, and we all know how that turned out.

I don't remember Christian Longo having any history, either.

I had a college professor named Mickey. His wife, Linda, also taught. No history of DV, no record, no noticeable signs that anything was wrong. 12 years into marriage he woke up one Sunday and shot their 9-year-old daughter, shot his wife, and shot their dog. They all died.

My mom was married before she met my dad. Seven years into their marriage and, without any prior acts of DV, he came home from work one day and while she was cooking dinner he began strangling her. He later said that he had grown paranoid that she was leaving him.

We don't really know if there was any DV in their house; some people really hide that stuff.

Not sure if someone already posted this ---
A criminologist's thoughts on this case...
Criminologist on Chris Watts case: 'There's some secrets there'

From the above link:

“I think he had a vision of another life with this other woman — carefree, no responsibilities," she said. "Two children and another on the way, that's a big responsibility."

The fact that Chris Watts went in front of a Denver7 camera to plead for his family's lives after he knew they were dead indicates, to Mowder, that he planned to blame an intruder, play victim and eventually start a new life.

"This whole facade he put on right after they started looking for them — that was very odd, and it makes me wonder if he wasn't trying to find an out to be with the girlfriend," said Mowder. "Somebody else did it. I'm the poor grieving father."“

Man leading effort to repurpose stuffed animals from Watts memorial after meeting Shanann's father
A chance encounter between a Firestone man and the mourning father of Shanann Watts Wednesday night has led to a new effort to repurpose many of the stuffed animals left at a memorial at the Watts home for other grieving families.

He said the smaller stuffed animals would be cleaned and donated to local police and fire departments, who can in turn give them to kids in crisis situations. The others will be turned into blankets and other items. John said he would be setting up a private Facebook page to ask for fleece donations and other items necessary in coming days.

“I hope we can take that and share that love in moments of crisis in someone else’s life,” he said.

When sad things like this happen, it's always amazing to see these great people come forward to help out. A bit of sunshine in dark days.

That is a huge issue, because LEO already KNEW who the perpetrator was...that is very interesting. Excellent observation.

I knew who it was to, the minute he was on TV, babbling away, embellishing his story. WTH? "Emotional Discussion"? Who talks like that? Say, "We had a fight". He was carefully choosing his words. Just too slick.

And he missed telling them to eat their food. What????

Your wife and kids are missing, could be in danger and that's what you miss about them?

Trying so hard to be relatable, but has no clue what's appropriate.

Moo

From the above link:

“I think he had a vision of another life with this other woman — carefree, no responsibilities," she said. "Two children and another on the way, that's a big responsibility."

The fact that Chris Watts went in front of a Denver7 camera to plead for his family's lives after he knew they were dead indicates, to Mowder, that he planned to blame an intruder, play victim and eventually start a new life.

"This whole facade he put on right after they started looking for them — that was very odd, and it makes me wonder if he wasn't trying to find an out to be with the girlfriend," said Mowder. "Somebody else did it. I'm the poor grieving father."“
And it may have worked except her flight was hours late and it cut into his time to arrange the details.
They may never have been found had he time enough to cover his tracks.

What a gut wrenching post :(
Thank you for that information.

Hearing your baby's heartbeats for the first time is such an awaited milestone in their development. Something you really look forward to. ♡

It also (IMO) seems to show CW's disinterest in Nico's development. Did he honestly just forget about Shanann's Dr appt - the one where she & the Dr would hear the heartbeat? Or was he sooo done with his life with Shanann & the girls that he never even filed the date away in his mind?

Thanks, again for the info. As heartbreaking as it is - it at least added some perspective, in my mind, about CW.

Wouldn't they have heard the baby's heartbeat much earlier? It does seem very odd that CW forgot about the appointment. Do we know if he knew the baby was a boy or was he to be surprised at the reveal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892