Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
20181015__16TCAwattsw~1_300.jpg

Watts, 33, pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree murder after deliberation and two counts of first-degree murder of a victim under the age of 12 in a position of trust for in the deaths of his wife Shanann and two daughters Celeste and Bella in August, according to a news release from the Weld County District Attorney's Office.

Watts also pleaded guilty to unlawful termination of a pregnancy, and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body.

The news release stated the plea deal was made with the agreement of the victims' family. In exchange for pleading guilty to all nine charges, prosecutors have agreed not to seek the death penalty.

Christopher Watts pleads guilty to murder of wife and daughters

Watching him walk down that hallway in that jumpsuit really made me want to reach into my screen and scream at him. WHY????? I bet you'd give anything on earth to go back to that life now. Grass sure isn't greener on this side, you psychotic . All you had to do was walk away. Less than three months ago you were free and you could have done anything else. Burn.
Where do you see a video of him walking?

I was just thinking the only real downside to all of this is this guy is going to have his lunatic fan club writing to him everyday.
Atleast they now know what we have known from day one: He killed them all.

Somehow, in their eyes, he is still a victim.

I hope he enjoys their letters, from the confines of his tiny cell, and bemoans what could have been.

20181015__16TCAwattsw~1_300.jpg

Watts, 33, pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree murder after deliberation and two counts of first-degree murder of a victim under the age of 12 in a position of trust for in the deaths of his wife Shanann and two daughters Celeste and Bella in August, according to a news release from the Weld County District Attorney's Office.

Watts also pleaded guilty to unlawful termination of a pregnancy, and three counts of tampering with a deceased human body.

The news release stated the plea deal was made with the agreement of the victims' family. In exchange for pleading guilty to all nine charges, prosecutors have agreed not to seek the death penalty.

Christopher Watts pleads guilty to murder of wife and daughters

It's so hard to understand how he could want to live.

I'm surprised there aren't photos of CW's family leaving the courtroom or courthouse. They've been shielded by the media really well. So they were sobbing when he pled to the charges, especially the disposal of bodies? I know they're victims as well, but would much like to know what they're thinking or at least to have been able to see his face and theirs as well.

I, too, would like to know how fair, legal, common it is for a judge to know it's a plea but to couch it as a status conference only and block most media.

SW's stoic devastated family's faces are hard to see. Her brother's FB post broke my heart all over again. I can only imagine the bitterness he's feeling.

From an ethics standpoint, was it right for the judge, if he knew of the plea deal being reached and was to be presented today, to shut out media for the "status" conference? Or do judges have that leeway in CO?
Reportedly they were still negotiating until the hearing. I suppose it the deal could have fallen apart. I believe there are stipulations until sentencing date too. MOO

I am curious as to how some here just seemed to know there would be a plea deal today, but thought it would show SW's culpability. Did CW's entire family know the exact specifics of the plea reached? It seems like there was a leak, but it was incomplete IMO.

I'm curious too but I doubt we will get an answer. Now that arguing in favor of CW's version of events, while simultaneously denigrating a pregnant murdered Shannan Watts is against the TOS, I predict only silence from that camp here. I agree though, it appears some heard through the grapevine that a plea deal had been reached. Perhaps they had overly-wishful thinking in predicting that it would be a favorable outcome for CW and his version of events. Some close to him were apparently blinded by their loyalty to him (and probably still are). JMO.

OMG! I just got home. What happened??? Or do I have to read 30 pages?????? Help my friends.
Colorado father Christopher Watts pleads guilty to murdering his wife and two children | Daily Mail Online

As part of the deal, he was sentenced to life imprisonment for the first four counts - murder.

Sentencing will begin for the other crimes on November 19.

Weld District Attorney Michael Rourke revealed after the hearing that Shanann's family did not want her husband to be executed

He said her mother Sandra Rzucek told him: 'He made the choice to take those lives.

'I do not want to be in the position of choosing to take his.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member