Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! With how aggressive Chris's defense attorneys were being in every filing I really did not see this coming. I'm glad Shanann's family will be spared a trial. I hope Chris is forced to make a public accounting of what happened and he does so truthfully.
I agree! I went out to vote and volunteer at my daughter's classroom, and this was the LAST thing I expected to hear when I came home!

I AM SO GLAD Shanann's family will be spared a trial. They have been through far more than any human should in one lifetime.

I don’t necessarily know that he’s capable of remorse, and there is every chance he is crying for himself. My HOPE is just that he is filled with regret, remorse and sadness. Though I am doubtful, I just want him to feel the weight of his evil decisions.

It’s hard to think of someone as pure evil, though there may be no escaping it in this case. I will just feel disappointed if he only ever feels sorry for himself, and not everything that he ruined and stole.

I share your hope. Up-thread I compare this to the Jeffrey MacDonald case, however CW didn't strike me as the same personality as JM. JM I believe is one or more of the many things CW has been armchair diagnosed. But I have to consider that if CW were a narcissist and/or psychopath, he never would have agreed to take this plea of guilty to all counts. He would continue to insist upon his version of the facts. He would not care about his family, or SW's family. He would not have any real tears to shed. I'm not sure if he is required to allocute in this state, so we may never know. But I do think it is entirely possible that he is experiencing remorse, regret and grief over what he did to his family. moo

And a special thank you to you and MrsPratcher, both of whom tirelessly worked on all these threads to fight back against victim bashing, point out the overwhelming evidence of CW's total guilt, and explain family annihilators to us all. You are rockstars!
I agree whole-heartedly. Thank you Amandaaa and Gitana!!!!

From an ethics standpoint, was it right for the judge, if he knew of the plea deal being reached and was to be presented today, to shut out media for the "status" conference? Or do judges have that leeway in CO?
I wonder if it had anything to do with the court room being to small as someone previously mentioned, it could have breached health and safety regulations to allow too many people access into the room ?

From an ethics standpoint, was it right for the judge, if he knew of the plea deal being reached and was to be presented today, to shut out media for the "status" conference? Or do judges have that leeway in CO?
Could that have been part of the plea deal? That it would be done without him having to face cameras? MOO

It was overwhelming IMO. I just think there is even more that proved significant pre-planning on his part so they could not even plead down to 2nd degree.
Yes, he knew he was done for. This was simply done to save his own azz, not as some noble gesture to spare his family or the Rzuceks. He is not capable of that. No wonder he didn't want cameras there today.

jim benemann on Twitter

jim benemann‏Verified account @jimbcbs4 50s51 seconds ago
to avoid death penalty, Chris Watts pleads guilty to murdering his family. tomorrow he'll be forgotten, likely costing taxpayers $1.5M over his lifetime. but let's never forget Shanann, Bella, Celeste and their unborn brother. i picture them playing in a park right now.
DrWgQfIXQAEvLyG.jpg
Most.. some.. may forget him.. but I will not. I live oilfield every day of my life. I will never forget the heinous act this FA committed. RIP Shanann, Bella & CeCe :(

HLN better give Ashleigh Banfield her show back, and have her on the air within the next half hour!
ROFLOL, CAN BARELY TYPE. AGREED!
Murder of an intimate partner is domestic violence per the code. He pled guilty to premeditated murder. Not a rage killing.
When do you think the autopsy will be released?

Of course. Those loons are going to come up with anything, saying CW pled to protect SW or he pled to spare her family, or whatever. They will also be sending him mail and wanting to be with him. Reality does not mean anything to the delusional.

I was just thinking the only real downside to all of this is this guy is going to have his lunatic fan club writing to him everyday.

Watching him walk down that hallway in that jumpsuit really made me want to reach into my screen and scream at him. WHY????? I bet you'd give anything on earth to go back to that life now. Grass sure isn't greener on this side, you psychotic . All you had to do was walk away. Less than three months ago you were free and you could have done anything else. Burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro