Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the first case I've followed that involved the death of a child, let alone a mother, two children and an unborn child. I found it profoundly upsetting from the word go. I used to crawl into bed at 3 a.m. or even later and then lie awake sometimes until close to dawn going over everything in my mind. I know there were probably many of us who felt this way.

Last night, Oz time, I posted that maybe he was going to plead. I said that because up until we knew the status hearing was brought forward, it seemed to me that the defence were doing everything possible to slow the process down.

I only read a little while ago what has happened and to say I'm ecstatic would be a gross understatement. Knowing that Shanann has now been shown to be the totally innocent person most of us here always felt and believed makes me feel incredibly happy and also proud to be part of such a great and caring community who stand up for victims.

Knowing that the family has now achieved justice for Shanann, her daughters and Nico, I hope this will bring them some sort of peace if nothing else. It will also spare them the potential ugliness that a trial was bound to bring. I'm not one who believes in so-called closure, but I do know that while nothing can bring their much loved family back, eventually, and it will take a lot of time, I hope they will be able to remember the many happy memories that they shared together.

Shanann's family are people of grace and integrity and words can never express the sadness I feel for them. I'll never forget this case, ever.
Well said, JJ. :)

So he finally plead guilty to these horrendous crimes. While I understand the desire to put him to death, I'm extremely satisfied knowing he'll sit in a cell, day after day after day. Wanting to go out and have a beer and burger, hang with friends, or whatever he liked doing--none of that will be in his future. (At least I hope not--I'm hoping he gets LWOPPED).

Can you imagine being cooped up, constantly having to watch your back every second? Wondering who will come at you with what? It defies imagination.

Such is the life Chris Watts chose for himself. He'll get no sympathy nor pity from me.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Families and Friends who loved Shanann, CeCe, Bella and little Nico. I grieve for them, as I grieve for the horrendous loss of life associated with this case.

Shanann, CeCe, Bella and Nico will never have a chance to experience Life's wonderful moments and challenges.

RIP, Shanann, CeCe, Bella and Nico.

128156-f8369c40afb5e427cc45c5f7fe977603.jpg

Attachments

• brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone.jpg
    brokenHeartedAngelOnGraveStone.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 1
I think his story alone shows how stupid he is. It was ridiculous and most people saw right through it from the start.
Most, but not all. That was the concerning part, although I never thought he’d get away with it.

I’m just glad that he won’t have the opportunity to inflict further damage and suffering on Shanann’s family and friends.

They can now move on, the best they can.

Now that this 'Plea' has sunk in, I am feeling quite ill.:(:(:(
All the unpleasantness we experienced on this thread, what SW's family had to endure, clearly indicates the evil around us.
An entire loving, beautiful family has had their lives terminated by a horrid person.
I feel so much, for SW's family and friends, and hope somehow they will be blessed, in the future to 'carry on' with their lives after this tragedy.

I feel the same. The actual hearing and all that happened was exciting and pleasing. But now I’m just left with an empty hollow feeling. I look at my own two children playing together and just can’t stop thinking “how could you?” I just feel so sad.

This is a great day for Colorado! Kudos to the DA and his team for building such a strong case that the defense knew they wouldn't be able to overcome it and, therefore, had to negotiate for the life of their client. This is how the threat of the death penalty is well-applied, and this is a huge blessing for her family (and his) and a savings to the taxpayers of Colorado.

I've been saying he was guilty since Day 1. Many thought that to be a rush to judgment, hoping there would be something particularly special about this guy that would separate him from other FA's but nope. LE uses the razor because it works. He is guilty as charged and I hope to see justice more fully fulfilled in the sentencing.

I would love to see some apologies from those that unnecessarily maligned SW's character.

Last edited:
This was particularly pleasing to me as it was posted here many times that the hearing must be regarding a plea the prosecutor offered to reduced charges as a result of the autopsy results and sealed HIPPA filing. It was put forth many times they must contain damning evidence against Shanann.

Seems to have been exactly the opposite. And the defense had nothing at all to defend the FA. Guilty to all charges, as charged.
Yes! Kudos to DA's office for refusing to drop any charges in the plea deal, and all sentences will be served CONSECUTIVELY. Reportedly, this is not what CW wanted, and finally agreed to accept his fate a couple days ago.

Now that this 'Plea' has sunk in, I am feeling quite ill.:(:(:(
All the unpleasantness we experienced on this thread, what SW's family had to endure, clearly indicates the evil around us.
An entire loving, beautiful family has had their lives terminated by a horrid person.
I feel so much, for SW's family and friends, and hope somehow they will be blessed, in the future to 'carry on' with their lives after this tragedy.
Yes, like they were a first hand witness to this struggle, where he was finally pressured into agreeing. Sounds like someone is trying to pave the way for him to come back at some future time to claim he signed under duress or had inadequate
representation.

This was the first case I've followed that involved the death of a child, let alone a mother, two children and an unborn child. I found it profoundly upsetting from the word go. I used to crawl into bed at 3 a.m. or even later and then lie awake sometimes until close to dawn going over everything in my mind. I know there were probably many of us who felt this way.

Last night, Oz time, I posted that maybe he was going to plead. I said that because up until we knew the status hearing was brought forward, it seemed to me that the defence were doing everything possible to slow the process down.

I only read a little while ago what has happened and to say I'm ecstatic would be a gross understatement. Knowing that Shanann has now been shown to be the totally innocent person most of us here always felt and believed makes me feel incredibly happy and also proud to be part of such a great and caring community who stand up for victims.

Knowing that the family has now achieved justice for Shanann, her daughters and Nico, I hope this will bring them some sort of peace if nothing else. It will also spare them the potential ugliness that a trial was bound to bring. I'm not one who believes in so-called closure, but I do know that while nothing can bring their much loved family back, eventually, and it will take a lot of time, I hope they will be able to remember the many happy memories that they shared together.

Shanann's family are people of grace and integrity and words can never express the sadness I feel for them. I'll never forget this case, ever.

Beautiful post.

I hope so too, she may have played a significant part in his downfall but I don't want to give her credit though, if it isn't due.
I would like to know about the health documents CW wanted to keep out of the state's hands, it opens up so many possibilities!
The big question I would like answered, were the girls killed before Shanann arrived home?
Actually, the more I think about it, the more questions I come up with. I will have to be patient again, wait for the news but I'm sure we can still speculate, there's some great minds here!
The DA said at the press conference today, if CW ever revealed all the details of the murders he wouldn’t believe it because CW is such a liar. But I am wondering if maybe CW relalizes the severity of his crimes and actually feels sorrow and remorse. Maybe CW plead guilty because he knows he is guilty and in order to prevent further pain, it was the right thing to do. I read in one twitter feed that CWs parents were there today, and when CW first came into the courtroom he nodded at his parents. I’ve thought all along that CW’s father might be a decent human being. Maybe, CW will surprise us all and make a full and honest confession. That would be something. “
DA paced back and forth prior to Watt's being brought in. 1:59 Chris was brought in, biting his bottom lip and gave his parents a slight nod”
Murder ‘Rap Sesh’ Podcast with Jay & Kay (@MurderSesh) on Twitter

I do. Because that slimeball tried to pin it all on Shanann, who clearly loved not only her girls and her unborn son, but CW's sorry behind.

I want to see the autopsy reports, the interview transcripts, read every detail of the court proceedings and deals. Full disclosure. Every single solitary thing that has been kept behind closed doors in case of a trial, every damning piece of evidence, every single text, every affair and lie, every single bit of premeditation they found.

Every bit of shielding and protecting right down to this "status conference" on election day with zero photos or videos allowed while he stood in front of his own family for once and had to admit what he did.

And I want him to have to make a detailed statement of guilt at sentencing. An allocution, is that what it's called?

I want him to have to stand there in front of the entire world, the media, his family, her family, every single doubter and have it live streamed to the world while he admits his guilt and states exactly what he did to each member of his trusting family so that there is absolutely zero doubt before this fades away that he is a liar, a cheater, a coward, and a murderer.

YES.....YES.....YES You hit the nail on the head. I wish there was a LOVE button!!!

The DA said at the press conference today, if CW ever revealed all the details of the murders he wouldn’t believe it because CW is such a liar. But I am wondering if maybe CW relalizes the severity of his crimes and actually feels sorrow and remorse. Maybe CW plead guilty because he knows he is guilty and in order to prevent further pain, it was the right thing to do. I read in one twitter feed that CWs parents were there today, and when CW first came into the courtroom he nodded at his parents. I’ve thought all along that CW’s father might be a decent human being. Maybe, CW will surprise us all and make a full and honest confession. That would be something. “
DA paced back and forth prior to Watt's being brought in. 1:59 Chris was brought in, biting his bottom lip and gave his parents a slight nod”
I’d love for you to be right, but at the same time, I’m not holding my breath.

His actions were monstrous, and I’m not sure that a person who can do something like that, is even capable of truly grasping what other people are going through.

It’s weird, but I almost hope that he isn’t capable of making that type of pivot, as I can’t reconcile the act, with humanity.

Unfortunately, CW psyche will not ever allow him to be remorseful and/or accountable. In his mind, if he's guilty, it's surely somebody else fault that he committed such depraved acts. MOO

I'm one of those that thought he might have pled because his father asked him to. But I knew if he did it, because his father asked him to, it was for selfish reasons. I knew he wouldn't plead guilty to protect Shannan and I knew he didn't care anything about her family. I disagree that he wouldn't have killed them had he cared about his family. He obviously cared about his father, either what he thought or how he felt, because he asked to tell him first before he told the police his story. Now how that conversation went and what his father's advice was, I have no clue. Regardless, it's pretty obvious that he is very selfish.
Yes, by sparing his family the pain of a trial, he is primarily saving himself from the shame they will feel towards him and the condemnation of others. Although he may not feel shame or guilt himself, the one thing a sociopath cannot stand is being exposed as the horrible, ruthless killer he is. It makes it harder for him to justify his behavior. We already have heard that he was disappointed in what others thought of him, and that they did not understand because they didn't know the whole story. It was said that he was facing reality now. I think he just realized that no-one is actually going to believe his story, rather than the reality of the horrific thing he has done. Jmo

This was particularly pleasing to me as it was posted here many times that the hearing must be regarding a plea the prosecutor offered to reduced charges as a result of the autopsy results and sealed HIPPA filing. It was put forth many times they must contain damning evidence against Shanann.

Seems to have been exactly the opposite. And the defense had nothing at all to defend the FA. Guilty to all charges, as charged.

Listen. Some people are seriously committed to the idea that Shanann was a monster. Despite the guilty pleas to all charges I'm seeing people on the net expressing the belief that he did so for altruistic reasons. Or because he knew he'd be going to prison anyhow and assumed the jury would convict him.

But he's not guilty!

Gross.

Last edited:
It’s incredibly rare. I think that we will learn things during sentencing that will explain why he made the decision to plea.

I’ve said it before, but I strongly suspect that there is something akin to a “smoking gun.”

The evidence was already more than strong enough for most of the public to be absolutely convinced of his guilt, but for him to see that, I think there has to be more than we aren’t yet privy to.

Interestingly, the DA said they were approached by the defense a few weeks ago which seems to coincide with not long after the autopsies were released to the defense.

Incidentally the defenses first plea offer was well and truly rejected at that time, before they came back a second time, with this offer being agreed to about 4 days ago

They knew he was cooked, but they tried. He won’t be able to claim inadequate defense attorneys, that’s for sure. They did their job well. He just had no hope.

It’s incredibly rare. I think that we will learn things during sentencing that will explain why he made the decision to plea.

I’ve said it before, but I strongly suspect that there is something akin to a “smoking gun.”

The evidence was already more than strong enough for most of the public to be absolutely convinced of his guilt, but for him to see that, I think there has to be more than we aren’t yet privy to.
Oh definitely. I am ready for nov. 19th and most of our questions to be answered! I have said from the beginning when i first watched his videos that i thought he was guilty.

And yes I honestly cannot remember any crime getting a okea deal this fast! I figured it was super rare but i knew if anyone would know of other cases- it would be here!

I’d love for you to be right, but at the same time, I’m not holding my breath.

His actions were monstrous, and I’m not sure that a person who can do something like that, is even capable of truly grasping what other people are going through.

It’s weird, but I almost hope that he isn’t capable of making that type of pivot, as I can’t reconcile the act, with humanity.
As usual, we need more information. But they said CW cried today, each time he said, “Guilty.” That must have been awful. In front of his family and her family, and everyone else.

Interestingly, the DA said they were approached by the defense a few weeks ago which seems to coincide with not long after the autopsies were released to the defense.

Incidentally the defenses first plea offer was well and truly rejected at that time, before they came back a second time, with this offer being agreed to about 4 days ago

They knew he was cooked, but they tried. He won’t be able to claim inadequate defense attorneys, that’s for sure. They did their job well. He just had no hope.
Yup. You can’t change the facts.

That’s an interesting connection regarding the timing of the initial offer, and the receipt of the autopsies.

Hopefully we get some clarity at sentencing.

As usual, we need more information. But they said CW cried today, each time he said, “Guilty.” That must have been awful. In front of his family and her family, and everyone else.
Crying for his deceased family, or crying for himself?

We’ll see what he has to say at sentencing.

I've not long seen the news of CW's total admission of guilt in the murders of his family. Just wanted to add my thanks to Nickole Atkinson for her very important actions, to Colorado303 for being here and all the other posters who steadfastly stood up for sanity in this case again and again.

Very glad that CW has at last retracted his despicable lies against Shannan. I hope that the people who believed them will take a little bit of time to think about why they chose to believe him. I do however respect the views of some posters here who wanted to wait for the trial and all the evidence, although for me there was already more than enough. We know what happens in family annihilator cases largely and the sort of lies they tell and excuses they make.

Although I think the details of the murders and the events leading up to them will be very hard to stomach, I think there is a public interest in examining these cases and the psychology of the murderers. I was surprised by how little really scientific research exists on them. I watched the Luis Toledo and Adam Matos trials trying to understand what process they underwent to commit such horrendous violence. Of course many FAs commit suicide at the time of the annihilation and so cannot be studied and of course the surviving ones are likely to lie. But I think it's really important to try and get a better understanding of what is going on in the weeks/months before these tragic events and Shannan's comments about CW being more distant and withdrawn I think are very significant observations.
With those FAs who also kill themselves I think there may well be an undiagnosed depressive psychosis in some cases. We still need to encourage men who may be experiencing isolation/rejection/financial stress/family breakdown to seek help which often they don't. I don't think CW falls into this category, he simply wanted ""freedom".

I personally doubt therefore that CW will commit suicide, I think he falls into the group of murderers whose minds have an amazing degree of self-serving plasticity. I think, regretfully he will still, even after his admissions, have his supporters and that will keep him going. That's another reason why I hope the details of exactly when and what he did emerge. We have to confront what is happening here if we have any hope of preventing future tragedies.

Just also want to reiterate here Colorado303's point about the best way we can remember Shannan and her babies is to be a friend to those people we know who may be in bad situations. We gain knowledge by following cases and we may see the risks quicker and more clearly than others. And we can support the charities that provide the support for victims of violence within the home, they save lives.

Wow. Powerful, intelligent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member