Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly

disappointing that posters here are supporting victim bashers.

that's what is happening here and you can not manipulate it to anything else.

I personally find being told to have empathy for these people offensive.

jmo
As soon as they went on the attack, they opened themselves up to criticism.

CW desecrated his family’s bodies, now his family is desecrating Shanann’s reputation.

Facts and truth be damned.

I had the thought that the communication between CW, his attorneys and his family took place the day before/morning of the plea being entered at the status hearing-last minute update on what was going to happen in court. @gitana1 , is that possible do you think?

ETA that this turn of events really, really made his mother angry, since it was the first she heard of it.

Last edited:
I'm not in anyway defending what he did....all I am saying is that maybe they were privy to the dynamics of their relationship, therefore there could be truth in what they saying about it being a very hard relationship. I don't believe they are running Shannan down...I think they are speaking their truth. They have a right to do that...as VICTIMS also
So are you saying if Shanann and Chris had a hard relationship (which according to friends was not the case and even mom admits she was somewhat estranged after the move to Colorado) that had any bearing on him killing them?

Yup -- expect more me, me, and me.

According to KMGH, the couple claimed their son changed when he married Shan’ann, alleging the couple had an abusive relationship and Shan’ann isolated Chris from his family.

“It was a very hard relationship,” Cindy Watts said. “It was a very hard relationship with her as far as I’m concerned. I couldn’t do anything right.
Chris Watts’ Parents Claim Son Was in Abusive Relationship with Wife He Admitted Murdering
Tasteless. First thing out of her mouth was this criticism of Shanann.

We all have opinions as humans ...I'm saying that regardless of whether Chris's folks are doing or saying the right thing by the general public they still have a right to speak as victims....whether that sits well with the assumptions we have of Shannan and Chris's relationship or whether their opinion is any less valid is beside the point. He committed a terrible crime that we know very little about.

Tasteless. First thing out of her mouth was this criticism of Shanann.
"I just couldn't do anything right!" Yes, you vile thing. THAT's what matters most after your 3 gorgeous grandbabies were murdered along with their mother and 2 of them dumped in crude oil. That's what the public needs to know--that that ungrateful woman dared to not feed your narcissism before the unspeakable horror inflicted by your son robbed them of the wonderful lives they could have had. Look under apple trees for rotten apples.

We all have opinions as humans ...I'm saying that regardless of whether Chris's folks are doing or saying the right thing by the general public they still have a right to speak as victims....whether that sits well with the assumptions we have of Shannan and Chris's relationship or whether their opinion is any less valid is beside the point. He committed a terrible crime that we know very little about.

I don't think anyone is saying that they don't have a right to speak. We're simply commenting on what they said.

I'm just amazed that CW's parents made the decision to make the media rounds with so little self-awareness of how they are coming off. They seem either completely tone deaf or completely unable to mask their dislike of Shanann. They are doing absolutely NOTHING to enhance or rehabilitate his image in any way. I think they are just making it worse. I would think rule number 1, even as a strategic move, would be DON'T DISPARAGE THE VICTIM. Offer condolences to Shanann's family. Say how sad you are for the loss of these four precious human beings, even if you don't understand how or why this could happen. I actually did feel a lot more sympathy for them until I saw these interviews.

Looking back, I SO wish that a reporter had innocently asked CW, "So what kind of mother was Shanann?" And since he was still in the oh oops, they are missing, maybe, or safe, somewhere, stage of his lie tour, he likely would have stammered on about how she's a great mom and awesome with the girls, and loves them so much.... and then that wouldn't quite work when he had to backtrack and say, "Oh yea, I know I was smiling talking about what a great mom she was, but she actually murdered the girls, that's why I killed her. Wearing the awesome t-shirt she bought me."

Exactly! I actually think all his talk about his t-shirt actually shows that anyway. Who would stand up on camera in front of the news, jovially talking about the t-shirt your wife purchased for you (because she knows you like them) with the most animation we saw from him throughout those talks, ...all the while knowing your 'wife strangled the most precious things in the world to you"

And his parent's only know as much as we do.

I'm not in anyway defending what he did....all I am saying is that maybe they were privy to the dynamics of their relationship, therefore there could be truth in what they saying about it being a very hard relationship. I don't believe they are running Shannan down...I think they are speaking their truth. They have a right to do that...as VICTIMS also
The Watts are not the only victims and do not have the right to attack the other victims. They could learn from Shanann's family and close frieds: class, dignity, and respect. And the Watts have been running Shanann down.

I think it has to do more with their utterly lack of compassion for the other family that is also grieving. They are making an already unbearable tragedy even worse by continuing to desparage their daughter in law and they don’t care one bit.

"I just couldn't do anything right!" Yes, you vile thing. THAT's what matters most after your gorgeous grandbabies were murdered along with their mother and 2 of them dumped in crude oil. That's what the public needs to know--that that ungrateful woman dared to not feed your narcissism before the unspeakable horror inflicted by your son robbed them of the wonderful lives they could have had. Look under apple trees for rotten apples.

Absolutely! They are crass to put it mildly. Embarrassingly crass. In comparsion, full admiration and respect for SW's family who have shown nothing but dignity..even with their statement in response, which doesnt personally criticise the Watts, rather states the obvious and that they will defend Shannan.

Exactly! I actually think all his talk about his t-shirt actually shows that anyway. Who would stand up on camera in front of the news, jovially talking about the t-shirt your wife purchased for you (because she knows you like them) with the most animation we saw from him throughout those talks, ...all the while knowing your 'wife strangled the most precious things in the world to you"
He knew he strangled the most precious things in the world to her! He's admitted it! And then he murdered her!

I think it's important to realise that Chris's family are also victims of this terrible crime. How bewildering it must be to have your son admit to at LEAST killing his wife. They are clearly going through a grieving process, denial being a step to that. We are all fallible as humans...I am in no way defending Chris but let's ease up on his folks
If CW's folks weren't dragging SW's reputation through the mud despite their son killing her I would agree they deserve some grace. Her family from day 1 asked everyone to remember Chris's family lost their grandchildren too and to please be kind. Sorry, not sorry for comments being directed at the Watt's family. I understand they are hurting but their behavior now is despicable and no words directed at them are too harsh IMO.

Yes, we all have the right to speak our minds. It doesn't mean we should.
I have sympathized with both families throughout this case, but I have a hard time finding sympathy for the Watts' today. The statements made by CW's parents were not only unnecessary but vicious and untrue. Attacking CW's legal representation and Shanann do not change the facts and serve no purpose other than to inflict pain upon a family already suffering an unimaginable loss. MOO

And how the heck could Chris have told his Dad about not placing the girls with their mother at the dump site on that night? The bodies had not yet been found by LE. Did Chris tell his father the girls were in the oil tanks before he confessed to police?

Why wouldn't the Dad have told LE where the bodies were at that time?
Because that is the tree that the apple fell from, IMOO.

I feel like my heart breaks again for SW's family and friends given what has happened in the past 24 hours.

I try and put myself in their shoes and its almost so unimaginable. The utter pain that your child/sister/friend and your grandchildren/nieces/unborn nephew die at the hands of their 'loved husband/dad', the ridiculous CW sympathizers who clearly want to marry him....but this from the parents of the person who killed them. Its utterly horrendous and must be incredibly traumatizing for her family and friends.

I think its so morally gross on so many levels.

I especially worry about SW's brother. He looked like he loved his sister and nieces so much and was so excited for his nephew. It reminds me of my relationship with my brother. Hes young and vulnerable to social media abuse and bullying. Its so disgusting and I hope he and all their family are surrounded by people who love and support them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member