Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cindy Watts keeps talking about how she “loves her son no matter what”, and we’re supposed to accept this as a given. But she hasn’t even noticed that her son didn’t love his own children. He murdered them. He dumped their tiny bodies in oil.

When is she going to love her grandchildren enough to want justice for them?
I am a grandmother. I love my children and always will. No matter what. Love and agreeing with their actions aren't the same. I can not imagine not caring what happened to my grandchildren. I just can't!
I can't imagine not wanting to get justice for them. That wouldn't change even if it was my kid that did it.

Do we have a thread that is specific about "Family Annihilators"? I was just reading about Jim Jones, this is the 40th anniversary of the Jonestown massacre. Jones meets the criteria of being a family annihilator, he even had his followers call him "Dad".

Sorry for off topic, but I just realized how much he and CW had in common.
There hasn't been any activity in some time, but there is one here:
Family annihilators

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. He knows the truth. He probably can't keep track of his lies, plus he's not the brightest bulb in the pack. All IMO.
Oh he definitely knows the truth about that night. I just think he has told so many lies about Shan'ann, that he started to believe them and couldn't keep the truth and lies divided anymore. JMO

Last edited:
I swear, that can happen to a person...my ex was like that.
I have some family friends that are like that. Nothing they say is the truth. There will be bits of truth in what they say but never the complete truth. Eventually, they believe what the say. I can't imagine being married to someone like that.

O he definitely knows the truth about that night. I just think he has told so many lies about Shan'ann, that he started to believe them and couldn't keep the truth and lies divided anymore. JMO
Yes, this is exactly what happens. People like this begin to believe their own lies after awhile. It makes it much more difficult for them to recall what they made up and what the actual facts are. Imo

That is a point that I totally missed, thanks. I had always assumed that when he said he wanted to talk to his father, that his father was still waiting for him in the police station. Why would a father would leave their son in the police station and head back to the airport when the family was missing? I agree.
I only watched her interview once, but IIRC, his father was at the police station when CW asked to speak to him. Then at some point after CW’s arrest (likely next day since arrest was late at night), unable to see his son, his father left to go back to the airport, on the way he was called back to meet the public defender. That’s all.

EDITED: deleted part as old news.

Last edited:
As I’ve mentioned, in the last 2 mass shooting cases LE has said something along the lines of how we can not “rationalize the irrational.”

There is actually a similarity between mass shooters and CW IMO, which is the potentially narcissistic element of blaming someone else for everything and “annihilating” a group. In the case of mass shooters, it can be a certain demographic group (not always) who in the mind of the shooter is to blame for everything. In CW’s case it was his own family, so one element of what is shared between CW and these mass shooters IMO is this outward blaming of others and potentiality to kill, and not just one person (as if that is not bad enough).

I can not help but think about my own man drama past and present as we discuss CW’s infidelities, lies, etc. I have decided that, like with mass shooters, no matter how dissatisfied or angry we are, we would never kill someone else and/or annhilate an entire group of people or family (or even single person).

I guess what I’m saying is that there is a clear and difference between us and them and it is this “line” that is so hard to understand.

I know that CW was likely selfish and wanted them gone so he could continue with his new life, etc, but really, just as we discuss the mental sanity of mass shooters, I really think that something has to be really screwed up in someone’s head to a serious degree to kill your whole family, a pregnant woman, baby girls...how can this be denied? Normal people would never and could never do something like this. There is something within him, like mass shooters, which lends itself to crossing that line into “annihilation”, moo.

Furthermore, all this past talk by some about SW being controlling, etc. So what if she was controlling. All of that discussion is so useless because it does not warrant murder.
I agree. Every time someone talked about SW being controlling, I have thought, so controlling is now a reason to kill?

I only watched her interview once, but IIRC, his father was at the police station when CW asked to speak to him. Then at some point after CW’s arrest (likely next day since arrest was late at night), unable to see his son, his father left to go back to the airport, on the way he was called back to meet the public defender. That’s all.

EDITED: deleted part as old news.

Thank you so much for taking the time to correct and explain it to me and others. That is why I like this site so much.

So on Tuesday he was interviewed about 7 hours, on Wednesday morning he went to pick up his dad and went straight to the police department whereby he asked to speak with his father after the interview, and then he confessed.

After that, on Wednesday night or most likely Thursday morning (as he had a public defender at this point), his father left to go back to the airport, and the public defender called him to come back to speak with them.

Gotcha!

Thank you

I would really like to know what NK's reaction was to that interview. I think she said it was the next day, after she questioned him at work that she got suspicious and went to police. Imo
She said she was very confused why the media was at his house, shocked at his lies and scared for his wife and children.

"Watts didn’t show any emotion during their conversations and tried to change the subject away from his missing family, Kessinger said.

“It seemed off,” Kessinger said.

While at work Aug. 14, she texted Watts, pushing him to tell what he knew about their disappearance and asking what he had done. He told her he would never hurt his family, she said.

“It got to a point that he was telling me so many lies that I eventually told him that I did not want to speak to him again until his family was found,” she said.

Kessinger checked the news in hopes that Shanann and the girls would be found. The next morning, she called the Weld County Sheriff’s Office to tell them about her relationship with Watts and his lies, she said. She met with FBI investigators that day."
Christopher Watts girlfriend Nichol Kessinger speaks about Frederick murders

You mean he was full of it. He’ll be scared sh**less when he rocks up to a bigger courtroom that’s packed to capacity, camera set up and a still photographer ... and Mommy Dearest will be waiting for him. Lights, camera, action!

:):) This literally made me laugh.

NUA, the Thayers and NK are heroes in my book because they all contacted LE as soon as they realised something was very wrong. DA Rourke said he’d never wrapped up a case so quickly and it’s largely due to them.

@Tricia said she’ll invite Nick Thayer and Colorado303 to join her in a podcast post-sentencing. It would be wonderful if NUA could be invited too because she’s a super hero. I’d love to hear from all of them if it’s possible.

Agreed. All of the friends and LE were right on top of this from the start. It restores my faith in humanity after all of the ugliness we’ve seen from some people regarding this case.

She said she was very confused why the media was at his house, shocked at his lies and scared for his wife and children.

"Watts didn’t show any emotion during their conversations and tried to change the subject away from his missing family, Kessinger said.

“It seemed off,” Kessinger said.

While at work Aug. 14, she texted Watts, pushing him to tell what he knew about their disappearance and asking what he had done. He told her he would never hurt his family, she said.

“It got to a point that he was telling me so many lies that I eventually told him that I did not want to speak to him again until his family was found,” she said.

Kessinger checked the news in hopes that Shanann and the girls would be found. The next morning, she called the Weld County Sheriff’s Office to tell them about her relationship with Watts and his lies, she said. She met with FBI investigators that day."
Christopher Watts girlfriend Nichol Kessinger speaks about Frederick murders
Thank you! We can always count on you to provide and remind us of the details! I will miss the sentencing tomorrow and won't be able to check in until late in the afternoon, but I'm looking forward to getting home and finding a thorough account of everything right here.

:):) This literally made me laugh.

Agreed. All of the friends and LE were right on top of this from the start. It restores my faith in humanity after all of the ugliness we’ve seen from some people regarding this case.

Wednesday morning was very busy for law enforcement and the FBI.

They had the Thayers calling them, and they had Nikole calling them.

In the meantime, he was picking up his father at the airport. Telling him nothing of course and not saying a word for the entire Drive.

SMH.

Yes, this is exactly what happens. People like this begin to believe their own lies after awhile. It makes it much more difficult for them to recall what they made up and what the actual facts are. Imo
My sister is pathological. Everything she says is an elaborate concoction of lies peppered with some truth here and there. I call it her “tapestry of bs”. I dated a liar also. You have to sleuth the truth, even little benign things. But they seem to drop the truth into their vat of lies for you to pick apart and find. Looks like this guy lied about everything also like the AP said. I’ve always wondered if my sister believes her own lies because calling her on them does absolutely nothing even though they are usually absurd.

My sister is pathological. Everything she says is an elaborate concoction of lies peppered with some truth here and there. I call it her “tapestry of bs”. I dated a liar also. You have to sleuth the truth, even little benign things. But they seem to drop the truth into their vat of lies for you to pick apart and find. Looks like this guy lied about everything also like the AP said. I’ve always wondered if my sister believes her own lies because calling her on them does absolutely nothing even though they are usually absurd.
Yes, I truly believe that once they have told a certain lie over and over, it becomes the truth in their mind. Some they make up as they go along, but eventually it gets meshed in with the true parts of the story. Then at times they completely forget a lie they have told, and will deny they ever said that. Imo

Okay, time is dwindling down and we're getting closer to the finish! My mind is awash with ideas, opinions, questions, etc.

My opinion about CW and his mother remains the same; there is a hidden dynamic there. I wonder if, as Mrs. Watts blames Shanann for the tragedy, CW is blaming his mother. I also wonder if there might be a little of Oedipus going on here?"

CW was charged with the first degree murder of Shanann, that means premeditation, not heat of the moment. I do believe that he punished Shanann in some way before he murdered her. He may have shown her dead children. He may have attacked and beaten her. Perhaps a combination. I do believe the phrase; "ultimately strangled" is important,

ul·ti·mate·ly
/ˈəltəmətlē/
adverb
adverb: ultimately
  1. finally; in the end.
That would mean strangling was the last act, the end, but it also means that some thing, or things, preceded it. I have to believe that CW had a (sick, twisted) plan that he carried out step by step; 1. murder the children 2. wait for Shanann 3. punish Shanann 4. (ultimately) murder Shanann 5. Set the stage to show Shanann and the girls left 5. live happily ever after. If the flight hadn't been delayed and NUA hadn't intervened there is a good chance that the search would still be going on, despite questions and doubts, and CW would still be free. It breaks my heart and makes me so sad to think Shanann had time to wonder why the man she loved, and who she thought loved her, was hurting her. My God!

Finally, I believe that even though NK may have been the catalyst, CW was eventually going to murder his family. If it hadn't been NK, it would have been someone or something else. I believe that CW is a mass of narcissism, mother issues, anger, resentment, and probably more, and was going to eventually explode. I do believe NK was a victim and did the right things when needed.

BBM and MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members