Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, time is dwindling down and we're getting closer to the finish! My mind is awash with ideas, opinions, questions, etc.

My opinion about CW and his mother remains the same; there is a hidden dynamic there. I wonder if, as Mrs. Watts blames Shanann for the tragedy, CW is blaming his mother. I also wonder if there might be a little of Oedipus going on here?"

CW was charged with the first degree murder of Shanann, that means premeditation, not heat of the moment. I do believe that he punished Shanann in some way before he murdered her. He may have shown her dead children. He may have attacked and beaten her. Perhaps a combination. I do believe the phrase; "ultimately strangled" is important,

ul·ti·mate·ly
/ˈəltəmətlē/
adverb
adverb: ultimately
  1. finally; in the end.
That would mean strangling was the last act, the end, but it also means that some thing, or things, preceded it. I have to believe that CW had a (sick, twisted) plan that he carried out step by step; 1. murder the children 2. wait for Shanann 3. punish Shanann 4. (ultimately) murder Shanann 5. Set the stage to show Shanann and the girls left 5. live happily ever after. If the flight hadn't been delayed and NUA hadn't intervened there is a good chance that the search would still be going on, despite questions and doubts, and CW would still be free. It breaks my heart and makes me so sad to think Shanann had time to wonder why the man she loved, and who she thought loved her, was hurting her. My God!

Finally, I believe that even though NK may have been the catalyst, CW was eventually going to murder his family. If it hadn't been NK, it would have been someone or something else. I believe that CW is a mass of narcissism, mother issues, anger, resentment, and probably more, and was going to eventually explode. I do believe NK was a victim and did the right things when needed.

BBM and MOO

Since reading about nut gate, I have wondered how that plays into the time frame. Perhaps mama W wants to look for a trigger, she needs to look into the mirror?

I wonder if she ever saw/ learned of such before it was outed after they were murdered?

For many triggers, you need to have something in the past to trigger you for.

While wanting to delve into this further, it might be against TOS so I'll stop right here.

I know this has already been discussed: “One count first degree unlawful termination of a pregnancy”. (I’m aware this is the best Colorado law permits for justice for Nico.)

That said, I am curious if the autopsy will show if there was placenta abruption secondary to the “severe beating” of SW?
:)(punching/stomping/kicks :() Of course, his death could be classified this way based solely on the murder of his life support/his loving mother SW.

And just like CW “ultimately” killed Shan’ann by strangling. He ultimately killed Nico.

I think a year from now will be interesting. I think about how much information, evidence, facts will come out and be discussed/dissected. A great deal, no doubt. I think about the lives of the survivors and I hope they'll recover. And I wonder if CW will still be alive.

Okay, time is dwindling down and we're getting closer to the finish! My mind is awash with ideas, opinions, questions, etc.

My opinion about CW and his mother remains the same; there is a hidden dynamic there. I wonder if, as Mrs. Watts blames Shanann for the tragedy, CW is blaming his mother. I also wonder if there might be a little of Oedipus going on here?"

CW was charged with the first degree murder of Shanann, that means premeditation, not heat of the moment. I do believe that he punished Shanann in some way before he murdered her. He may have shown her dead children. He may have attacked and beaten her. Perhaps a combination. I do believe the phrase; "ultimately strangled" is important,

ul·ti·mate·ly
/ˈəltəmətlē/
adverb
  1. finally; in the end.
That would mean strangling was the last act, the end, but it also means that some thing, or things, preceded it. I have to believe that CW had a (sick, twisted) plan that he carried out step by step; 1. murder the children 2. wait for Shanann 3. punish Shanann 4. (ultimately) murder Shanann 5. Set the stage to show Shanann and the girls left 5. live happily ever after. If the flight hadn't been delayed and NUA hadn't intervened there is a good chance that the search would still be going on, despite questions and doubts, and CW would still be free. It breaks my heart and makes me so sad to think Shanann had time to wonder why the man she loved, and who she thought loved her, was hurting her. My God!

Finally, I believe that even though NK may have been the catalyst, CW was eventually going to murder his family. If it hadn't been NK, it would have been someone or something else. I believe that CW is a mass of narcissism, mother issues, anger, resentment, and probably more, and was going to eventually explode. I do believe NK was a victim and did the right things when needed.

BBM and MOO
I think your point about the mother/ son dynamic and being parallel to his relationship with Shanann is significant. He married an assertive, powerful woman like his mother. He eventually came to resent her, as he may have subconsciously resented and hated his mothers control all his life. There is a lot of research about murderers who kill women who had serious issues with their mothers during the inportant years of development. It can definitely play a role in cases like this. Ultimately he is finally taking out all his aggression and revenge on his wife, who he associates with his mother. Now his wife is gone and he seemingly wants nothing more to do with his mother, as if she is now out of the picture too. Imo

I think the same as you. I think he asked only his dad to come, because he knew his dad would take his word and not ask him any questions. I think he knew his mom would ask him questions. Questions that he didn't want to answer. She may believe in his innocence but she wants answers. His dad doesn't appear to question anything.

I agree with your assessment of the possible conversations. And your last sentence is spot on because Mom has always been in charge!

I think your point about the mother/ son dynamic and being parallel to his relationship with Shanann is significant. He married an assertive, powerful woman like his mother. He eventually came to resent her, as he may have subconsciously resented and hated his mothers control all his life. There is a lot of research about murderers who kill women who had serious issues with their mothers during the inportant years of development. It can definitely play a role in cases like this. Ultimately he is finally taking out all his aggression and revenge on his wife, who he associates with his mother. Now his wife is gone and he seemingly wants nothing more to do with his mother, as if she is now out of the picture too. Imo
Excellent, well said. I agree. I like your idea about both being gone to CW now.

C’mon man! These people do not seem like they have ever liked or cared about Shanann and the girls.

Since the Watts parents interview, with Mother Watts outright bashing and blaming Shanann, and both of them hardly mentioning their sweet, innocent, adorable grandchildren, all while propping up and excusing their son who is charged with and intends to plead guilty to killing them all... I have really been trying hard to put myself in their shoes. Just to see. Maybe as a domestic abuse survivor, I am overidentifying with Shanann and failing to see their side, right? I have to consider it before I take a stand.

So I've been asking myself, what would I do, if when my girls are grown, one of them were to do this. This exact situation. And I have to say, there's no way. There's no way I would ever feel their spouse deserved to be murdered (unless we are either talking about direct self-defense or abused partner syndrome, which clearly wasn't the case here). There's no way I would be more upset about my child going to prison than the brutal murder of 2 plus one soon-to-be grandchildren. I might believe my child's lie about the spouse killing the children and going into a rage for a bit, while I'm still in shock, out of sheer desperation, but eventually it just doesn't add up anymore. And the oil tanks?! No! If my daughter could do that to her children's bodies... all bets are off. And god knows, even if I did believe it, I would spend the entire interview talking about how much my daughter loved her children and would never hurt them and the rage and terror she must have felt finding out that her spouse killed them, rather than airing my petty grievances about the spouse and how I never liked them. And at some point, the evidence just adds up. Even the stories he personally told his parents conflict. He did it. He did it to his pregnant wife and his baby girls. His parents truly just don't care. They believe, like Chris did, that these were not human beings but Chris' property to dispose of when and how he felt like it. I did my best to try to empathize with these people and walk in their shoes, and I can't. Because I have a conscience and they don't. Sorry for the rant! @sun16 's statement just struck a chord of truth in me.

ul·ti·mate·ly
/ˈəltəmətlē/
adverb
  1. finally; in the end.

BBM and MOO
Thank you for this entire post. Extremely well thought-out and insightful.

As we're getting closer to the day where everything comes to light, what's one thing you saw in Shanann and the babies lives that you might incorporate in your own life? This has been incredibly sad and I know that I want to be a better person and to live a better life and they have touched my heart! For me, I love that Shanann was always excited and smiling! What a beautiful way to be in this world❤
I agree with how you feel about her. Now that we know a little more about what her private life must have been like being married to CW, I admire her all the more. Despite her troubles and worries, she seemed to remain positive and put her best foot forward to overcome obstacles and put joy in her life. So for me, she set a good example of always doing her best and focused on the positive things in her life.

Copied from previous thread:
Thepoet
Judges do, and I hope in this case, the Judge clearly states how evil CW is.
I wish he would go through each murder, and tear CW to threads.
Then discuss CW's pitiful lies.
There may be an outburst from Mrs Watts.
I hope she is then reprimanded and asked to leave.
I don't know if it's allowed/possible but I would love to hear the judge read the complete autopsy reports for each victim on each count. Slowly.

Does anyone know which is the best livestream to go with tomorrow where I can get full and uninterrupted coverage from start to finish, including the District Attorney’s press conference? I plan to plop myself down and sit there from beginning to end.

@SaguaroSpirit and @MsBetsy, we are moving, too! It is never, ever ending. Also, this time of year? What are we thinking? GAH! Lol! Good luck to you both! I need to ice my back a lot, so this thread has been an interesting and thought-provoking way to pass the time!

Currently listening to an audio book and the woman mentions she divorced after being together for 7 years before a divorce and then her having sole custody when he abandoned his parental rights. Then I remember someone saying saying CW and SW were together about 7 years before August. With all the comparisons to CW and Scott Peterson, I looked up to see how long they were together and I couldn’t find an exact date, but it could have been around the 7 year mark, give or take a year.

These may all me small coincidences, but I did start wondering if is The 7 Year Itch a real thing for FA? And how long is an average FA with their signifigant other before the... well... you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member