Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true it also makes me think his dad COULD have given him the idea to blame Shanann. JMO

I really wonder if we will find out. Ever since the interviews with CW's parents I have been of the opinion that CW had been lying and telling his parents he and SW were already separated and close to being divorced. I think he told them these lies on about the same timetable as he told the AP. I think he lied some more and told his family he had found someone new because he considered himself single again (the whole "in his mind he was single" quote from People had to come from someone close to CW IMO). CW may have even been telling his parents SW was threatening to take the girls and never let him see them again. These sort of lies could have set up a scenario where CW's dad would naturally ask him "What did SW do?" And CW took his cue from there to make up another lie blaming SW once again. If I'm right about these speculations, there will be plenty of evidence of CW's premeditated plan to murder SW and the girls too. JMO.

Last edited:
I didn't have anyone say those really trivial things to me, but I had one good friend who said to me, that she would kill herself if she lost one her children because she loved them so much she could not bear it.

And here I was still alive which obviously meant that she loved her children more that I did. That really hurt.

People that have never been in grief have no idea. I always pray I don't say the wrong thing.
I had several people tell me after my brother died of an overdose that I should have known he would die so it shouldn't hurt so bad. Well, no I didn't. I always had hope he would get clean and stay clean. There are lots of car wrecks, accidents happen every day, I still get in a car and never think about it. After the third person said that to me, I went on Facebook and told people to beware. The next person that said that to me, I was breaking their nose.
They may have thought it but no one else said it to me.

I totally agree and I am sorry everyone has had to hear such stupid and hurtful things said after such significant and excruciating losses. People often say they could't survive the loss themselves, as if they are more sensitive or more caring, not realizing that the bereaved may be barely surviving, and has no choice, and if they have a similar loss they too will have no choice. What Shannon's family is going through is unimaginable, because if we did imagine it, how fate turns on a dime and it could happen to ANY of us, we'd barely get through the day. I do think some of the vitriol aimed at the victim here is self-protective. The reality is that Shannon was a lovely, generous, kind and loyal wife, mom, daughter and friend doing her best, and nothing she did "triggered" this.

People are crazy. I also hate the "well if that were my child I wouldn't be able to go on living" trope. So because I haven't shot myself or just keeled over dead yet it means that I clearly don't love mine?

A lot of times it's true that people just don't know what to say. They're trying to be helpful, supportive, or even funny because they want to make you laugh. Most of all, people seem to want to fix things. There are some things, though, that just can't be fixed.

At one point someone said to my husband, "You need to move on" and he replied, "I don't want to move on from my son's death. I'm his dad." Everything changes. You can't go back to the way things were before, but you do eventually find a "new normal" that can be peaceful.

My advice to anyone who knows someone who's going through a tragedy is that if you don't know what to say, there is never anything wrong with a simple, "I'm sorry."

ETA: Just another example of Cindy's vileness, during the last hearing, it was said that she had a fit when she arrived and found herself booked by the State at the same hotel as the Rzucek's.

You'd really think it was her family that had been murdered the way she's carrying on. Her son is the murderer. Her son. Her son. The more we read about her, the more we discover how truly hideous this woman is. I'm honestly not surprised at all that HER SON is such an evil beast. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

If we are so worked up, about tomorrow, imagine Shan'ann's family and friends.
Perhaps the family are more aware of the evidence than us, but it still will be nerve racking.
They have the added trauma of seeing CW again, something that will be horrible for them.
CW was trusted with their girls.
They spent time with this evil person.
Their lovely girls, and Nico are destroyed forever.
Now they face this monster.
They are such good people. Never have I seen anyone who lost a loved one as a result of a tragedy this despicable carry themselves with such dignity and grace, and they lost 4 loved ones. They are an example for us all. If only the Watts would stop what they’re doing, watch and learn.

You'd really think it was her family that had been murdered the way she's carrying on. Her son is the murderer. Her son. Her son. The more we read about her, the more we discover how truly hideous this woman is. I'm honestly not surprised at all that HER SON is such an evil beast. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
I know, you would think that she had been booked in the same hotel as the family whose son had murdered her daughter and their grandchildren, wouldn't you? She threw a fit?
That nasty woman needs a mirror. She could look in it and see all the malicious things that she said about her daughter in law and her unborn grandson.

@PommyMommy @Whiteorchids

Can’t reply to your question in the previous thread re appellate review under certain circumstances.

Once you plead guilty, you enter the appellate phase of the criminal justice train ride. You have to file an appeal to preserve any viable grounds for appeal. Additionally, if you don’t file an appeal, you may be barred from filing a motion for post conviction relief. Basically, certain rights if not raised in the first instance, are waived.

Here, because he is simply pleading guilty, there isn’t much in the record to appeal. Usually with a trial you can appeal evidence that was admitted over objection, juror misconduct, etc. I am very interested to see his appeal and any subsequent motions for post conviction relief. I spent a year of my life after law school reviewing motions for post conviction relief, so they are near and dear to my heart.

Also -
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...TIM RIGHTS FOR PATERNAL GRANDPARENTS C-26.pdf

CW parents making impact statements.

They are such good people. Never have I seen anyone who lost a loved one as a result of a tragedy this despicable carry themselves with such dignity and grace, and they lost 4 loved ones. They are an example for us all. If only the Watts would stop what they’re doing, watch and learn.

If it is correct that CW's mother is not going to appear tomorrow, this may be on the advice of her lawyers.
They have possibly made it quite clear, that her actions in the previous interviews were very harmful, and it is best she doesn't attend.
Also her past rudeness in Court was not warranted.
Being as forthright, as she appears, this may not stop her, and we may see her.
I hope not.

No amount of apology, niceness in an attempt by the Watts, will change my mind about them.
The Watts do not come anywhere near the dignity of Shan'ann's family.

Monday, Nov.19, 2018.

HLN, 10am, 11am, 12pm (Colorado time, 3 hours coverage as 3 separate 1 hour programs in case you’re setting your DVR)

Colorado Family Murders: Chris Watts Sentencing

—-

HLN, 1pm Colorado time

Secrets, Lies and Family:
Ashleigh Banfield investigates the case of Chris Watts, the man charged with the murders of his pregnant wife, Shanann, and their two children Bella and Celeste.

(I’ve got my DVR set to record and will also be watching live on TV so I can pause and rewind.)

Last edited:
I completely understand the anger towards Monster’s family but can we try and keep things civil please to reduce the moderators workload today and try our best to keep the thread open. I know it is frustrating not being able to fully vent how we feel but as members we need to stay within the rules.

Thank you to all of you for the kindness and dedication you have shown in this case

I’m super shocked that this biased and unprofessional “media” production has imploded in such a childish manner. Not.

I guess when the motives are nasty and the behavior is nasty, the outcome ends up being nasty.

Jmo.
And if family is behind it in some way, endorsing it, leaking details, that is like gloating to me. Dancing on Shan'ann's grave. I am even more disgusted than I was when I thought it was just a bunch of immature schoolgirls. So glad they ended up turning on each other. It was inevitable.

And if family is behind it in some way, endorsing it, leaking details, that is like gloating to me. Dancing on Shan'ann's grave. I am even more disgusted than I was when I thought it was just a bunch of immature schoolgirls. So glad they ended up turning on each other. It was inevitable.

Isn't it kind of funny how quickly everything happens in this case? SW and the girls were barely missing before the husband was arrested for their murders. We thought we were looking at years leading up to a trial, yet less than 3 months later he pleads out. We'd just started talking about that podcast and it's already imploded. The whole thing has moved at a lightning speed. I mean, that's good. It's just like bam, bam, BAM!

Isn't it kind of funny how quickly everything happens in this case? SW and the girls were barely missing before the husband was arrested for their murders. We thought we were looking at years leading up to a trial, yet less than 3 months later he pleads out. We'd just started talking about that podcast and it's already imploded. The whole thing has moved at a lightning speed. I mean, that's good. It's just like bam, bam, BAM!

Indeed. Thank goodness for the sake of Shanann’s family.

Monday, Nov.19, 2018.

HLN, 10am, 11am, 12pm (Colorado time, 3 hours coverage as 3 separate 1 hour programs in case you’re setting your DVR)

Colorado Family Murders: Chris Watts Sentencing

—-

HLN, 1pm Colorado time

Secrets, Lies and Family:
Ashleigh Banfid investigates the case of Chris Watts, the man charged with the murders of his pregnant wife, Shanann, and their two children Bella and CeCe.

(I’ve got my DVR set to record and will also be watching live on TV so I can pause and rewind.)

Thanks, I just looked at my on demand and it does say indeed 12 to 4 Eastern will be coverage of the Watts sentencing.

I'll be doing live streaming also as I pull my hair when they start having commercials.

I wonder if Mama Watts is upset and jealous of shannan's family, because she is a victim in the eyes of the Court, but yet the district attorney did not fly out to visit her and ask her an opinion.

I wonder if she would have strongly wanted the DA to have her son allocute, as he said that he may not ask for him to allocute.

It’s entirely possible that the plea deal and the autopsy results coinciding, is just a coincidence.

I’ve never thought that the autopsies would be particularly incriminating.

I do think they will be disturbing, in that I imagine that there were significant post mortem injuries inflicted on the girls.

I’m not expecting them to contain a bombshell like the one you are alluding to though.

I think the plea deal is based a great deal on some incriminating evidence, I just don’t think it comes in the form of those autopsy reports.
BBM But the evidence hadn't been disclosed to the defense yet, I don't think. I mean obviously he knew what evidence existed 'cos he created it, but I don't see why he only admitted to the murder of Shan'ann in the beginning.

We shall see soon enough.

I have been thinking more about the unsealing of the autopsies coming after the sentencing. It surprises me greatly because I would have thought the full evidence of what he actually did to his victims should be weighed in sentencing, as much as any mitigating factors (if any). Life without parole is life without parole, but there is just something I feel that is very strange about facts like that not being a part of sentencing. I know the judge has seen the autopsies, but in my view there shouldn't be information that is withheld from the record of the proceedings at the time of sentencing. Maybe the DA will include the relevant facts in his submissions.

BBM But the evidence hadn't been disclosed to the defense yet, I don't think. I mean obviously he knew what evidence existed 'cos he created it, but I don't see why he only admitted to the murder of Shan'ann in the beginning.

We shall see soon enough.

I have been thinking more about the unsealing of the autopsies coming after the sentencing. It surprises me greatly because I would have thought the full evidence of what he actually did to his victims should be weighed in sentencing, as much as any mitigating factors (if any). Life without parole is life without parole, but there is just something I feel that is very strange about facts like that not being a part of sentencing. I know the judge has seen the autopsies, but in my view there shouldn't be information that is withheld from the record of the proceedings at the time of sentencing. Maybe the DA will include the relevant facts in his submissions.
I have no doubt that the judge is privy to all the facts, and will weigh them at sentencing. He would have seen the autopsies, and read the case materials.

All of these things will go into the official record anyways, so it's just a matter of when we learn about them.

Thanks, I just looked at my on demand and it does say indeed 12 to 4 Eastern will be coverage of the Watts sentencing.

I'll be doing live streaming also as I pull my hair when they start having commercials.

I wonder if Mama Watts is upset and jealous of shannan's family, because she is a victim in the eyes of the Court, but yet the district attorney did not fly out to visit her and ask her an opinion.

I wonder if she would have strongly wanted the DA to have her son allocute, as he said that he may not ask for him to allocute.

I feel like a dummy, I had to google the definition of allocute:

“An allocution, or allocutus, is a formal statement made to the court by the defendant who has been found guilty prior to being sentenced. It is part of the criminal procedure in some jurisdictions using common law.”

Allocution - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member