Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if @Tricia could get the district attorney on her show, and we can make a list of questions that are burning that we have never had answered!
Great minds think alike? I have been compiling questions while reading today. Here is what I have so far. (I didn't include posters names in case that is considered personalizing.)
  1. What was the significance of the non-porous bag and the footprint?
  2. What was CW doing on the Saturday night before the murders? Did he use a babysitter?
  3. Was the garage keypad really broken or inoperable? Out of batteries?
  4. What did CW do with Shanann's engagement and wedding rings?
  5. What did the dogs alert on?
  6. Will they ever release the police interview with Chris?
  7. Did Chris Watts know the neighbors had cameras?
  8. What is the history about that doll photo on her FB?
  9. Was NK the only AP or was there evidence he was out trolling for women (or men) on websites?
  10. Was the alleged male AP "TB" for real or was he just inserting himself into the investigation?
  11. NK "deleted" texts & FB posts before contacting LE. Do we know if LE recovered them?
  12. How did Shanann's phone get in the sofa?
  13. What was the content of the texts CW sent in the days leading up to the murders? Will they be made public?
  14. Bella was received at autopsy wrapped in a bedsheet "from retrieval process." Was this one of their bed sheets and was she was found with it?
MOO

Last edited:
Yuck! Such a grim, grim thought! Sometimes I wish we could have seen his alternative reality and what he would have done. I'm sure it will be like what we all suspect. He would have moved on with his new love. I have no doubt when he was done with her, what he was capable of.

Like you say how could he not get images of his dead girls bodies in his head. I know it's unethical but some times I wish criminals were held more accountable for their crimes. Imagine if he was forced to view their dead bodies and could see for himself what those poor coroners and people who had to retrieve them saw.

Does anyone think he would care?

I hated every word of it! At one point I suggested we have 2 separate threads, one for CW one for SW, but it didn’t happen, so instead I got real good at scroll and roll, unless I was in a particularly feisty mood, and then I’d argue a little, but it was never satisfying because those CW supporters would never budge.

And where are they all now? It’s like an episode of Vanished.

Excellent post.
I believe that although CW brushing her off, he never actually asked her for a divorce.
We know he told NK that he was divorcing when they first started their affair.
It's possible that he only intended to have a brief fling with NK at first but then became very infatuated with her and didn't want her to dump him once she discovered all of his lies.
CW probably made the decision to murder his family at least two weeks beforehand when he visited his family in NC and told them about NK and his plans to divorce SW.
MOO

What do y'all think motivated the monster more? Was it because his lies were about to be exposed to NK and she would dump him? Or was it because he wanted to avoid child support, cash in on the house and get out of all of his other responsibilities?

Hopefully we'll soon learn more from SW's friends and family.
I think it was all about the money and standard of living that he felt he deserved. He couldn’t wine and dine his mistress while paying child support for 3 children and divorce lawyer fees. Besides they were in massive amounts of debt as it was. Credit card debt, a high mortgage. They were living well beyond their means and he could not afford a divorce in his mind.

Great minds think alike? I have been compiling questions while reading today. Here is what I have so far. (I didn't include posters names in case that is considered personalizing.)
  2. What was CW doing on the Saturday night before the murders? Did he use a babysitter?
  9. Was NK the only AP or was there evidence he was out trolling for women (or men) on websites?
  10. Was the alleged male AP "TB" for real or was he just inserting himself into the investigation?
  11. NK "deleted" texts & FB posts before contacting LE. Do we know if LE recovered them?
  13. What was the content of the texts CW sent in the days leading up to the murders? Will they be made public?
  14. Bella was received at autopsy wrapped in a bedsheet "from retrieval process." Was this one of their bed sheets and was she was found with it?
MOO

I like your list. 9 & 10 were asked & answered at the press conference. Basically “no” to whether there was any evidence of other extra-marital relationships.

MOO
In a post presser news interview the DA said that the garage keypad was broken.
I would like the answer to all the others too. Specially what happened to the rings.

I think they would have inhaled fibers which should have not been impacted by being in the tanks, should it?

If they were smothered with a pillow, or some other fabric item without an impermeable barrier like plastic intervening, then I think that if they had then just been left and found at the scene of the crime, fibres would have been found in their mouths and/or throats and/or noses.

Yes I do think that being dropped into huge vats of oil would have an impact. The oil was found in their gastro-intestinal tracts, so it may have swept away the fibres. Unless LE analyse every single ounce of that oil, they might never find such fibres.

Who was the lady with the Watts? I thought she did an excellent job in her presentation to the judge. After hearing the crazy things the Watts had been saying before the sentencing, it was a surprising twist to hear this lady speak.

IMO, Cindy Watts would have said anything she was told was necessary to have the opportunity to be at the podium and address Chris. When they turned to leave the podium, it looked like she stepped a little to her left to get closer to Chris or hoping he would look at her. Did anyone think this too?

Her words at the podium just did not sound real. How does one go from proclaiming her son was innocent less than 48 hours prior to forgiving him? How is one innocent but then forgiven? Forgiven for what?? We know the answer.

Exactly. How does she hold a grudge for 8 years against Shan’ann for calling her son a Skater Boy, but yet forgives her son for murdering his own children in just one day.

We've been thinking how could he look at their sweet little faces when he did this? Maybe he wasn't.
The thought that he might have put a plastic bag over their faces and stepped on them makes my blood run cold.

If he stepped on them, surely there would have been significant bruising to their face/jaws from his weight and pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MZ_Iwin