Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this as well (the interview with hairdresser & Frankie's social media post). What I don't remember is this being addressed specifically by the DA or the Rzucek family? I certainly could be wrong (and wouldn't be surprised- my brain is mush after yesterday). :(

I am just curious after remembering CW told NUA they were separating (when she contacted him with concern about SW and the girls), and her response that she didn't know anything about it, and it wasn't her business or concern at the moment. She specifically addressed this in her television interview, and seemed to think it was odd information. Did he expect that everyone should already know they were discussing separation/divorce, since he told his parents (per their joint interview)?
I am not sure if I believe that he told his parents that. I can't imagine why they went on TV and told people 'He didn't love her no more' and told all their grudges about her, going back years and years. It only seemed to me that they were saying 'she deserved it'. I am not sure how their mother saying their son dressed like a skater boy, deserved her children and their grandchildren being killed and dropped in oil tanks.
They had no proof that Shanann killed her babies, just all the things that they hated her for.

I'll add it to the list. :)

I ran across this:

"They said that even the morning after he killed his family, he made several phone calls. One of them was Watts chillingly telling their school that the girls were being unenrolled. He contacted a realtor to discuss selling of his house and he texted his girlfriend about their future."
Prosecution Describes in Chilling Detail How Chris Watts ‘Coldly,’ Brutally Murdered His Whole Family

I still can’t get my head around how he thought he was going to get away with what he had done. Did he not realise that phoning the school etc was going to look suspicious? I guess he was so excited about starting his new life he just couldn’t wait. He is just pure evil.

I’m thinking of Shan’ann’s family as they face their first thanksgiving without their daughter and granddaughters tomorrow.

Last edited:
SW posted a video that

SW posted a video that showed CW coming in to the living room, where she is wearing a t- shirt that says OOPS we did it again! Then she shows him a positive pregnancy test. He tries to smile, sort of puffs out his cheeks and exhales and says
"Well if you want it, it will happen". But his affect is very flat. Not what you would expect from someone being told their wife is pregnant.
I saw that video, but the DA mentioned CW's reaction to finding out he was having a son. I wondered if he was referring to another time when CW found out the baby's gender, different from the Facebook video where she "surprised" him that she was pregnant.

I saw that video, but the DA mentioned CW's reaction to finding out he was having a son. I wondered if he was referring to another time when CW found out the baby's gender, different from the Facebook video where she "surprised" him that she was pregnant.
Well, his mother told the world that he was not excited about it in one of her nasty interviews. She did not go so far as 'he did not want it' but the implication was there.

I am curious about this as well. Maybe there was a text convo about the sex of the baby, sounds plausible. If she found out in NC maybe she even had him watch through the phone when she found out.

Yes. Crime scene techs always bag hands to protect any potential evidence from contamination.

Likewise, the ME always documents clothing, jewelry, and other items on or around the body at the time of analysis.

This would include the bags placed on the hands.
They didn't mention SW's $$$ engagement and wedding ring. Wonder what he did with it..... pawned it? I should add that question to the DA list.

Yes. Crime scene techs always bag hands to protect any potential evidence from contamination.

Likewise, the ME always documents clothing, jewelry, and other items on or around the body at the time of analysis.

Thank you! It's late and I was having a brain failure and it wasn't computing. Derp.

But the creep took her wedding and engagement rings from her before he buried her in dirt.

Great minds think alike? I have been compiling questions while reading today. Here is what I have so far. (I didn't include posters names in case that is considered personalizing.)
  1. What was the significance of the non-porous bag and the footprint?
  2. What was CW doing on the Saturday night before the murders? Did he use a babysitter?
  3. Was the garage keypad really broken or inoperable? Out of batteries?
  4. What did CW do with Shanann's engagement and wedding rings?
  5. What did the dogs alert on?
  6. Will they ever release the police interview with Chris?
  7. Did Chris Watts know the neighbors had cameras?
  8. What is the history about that doll photo on her FB?
  9. Was NK the only AP or was there evidence he was out trolling for women (or men) on websites?
  10. Was the alleged male AP "TB" for real or was he just inserting himself into the investigation?
  11. NK "deleted" texts & FB posts before contacting LE. Do we know if LE recovered them?
  12. How did Shanann's phone get in the sofa?
  13. What was the content of the texts CW sent in the days leading up to the murders? Will they be made public?
  14. Bella was received at autopsy wrapped in a bedsheet "from retrieval process." Was this one of their bed sheets and was she was found with it?
MOO
Thank you for doing this! Personally, I would like to know the content of his texts and any voicemail to SW after the murders as I would like to know if he was indeed setting up a scenario whereby she would take the girls to drive off to NC ... and just did not have time to later set the scene for this and take her car who knows where! This way he hoped they would go “missing” somewhere along the way and not from home.

I still can’t get my head around how he thought he was going to get away with what he had done. Did he not realise that phoning the school etc was going to look suspicious? I guess he was so excited about starting his new life he just couldn’t wait. He is just pure evil.

I’m thinking of Shan’ann’s family as they face their first thanksgiving without their daughter and granddaughters tomorrow.

It is truly astounding. Even if NUA didn't get there so early, what exactly was his plan? They would have almost immediately got the GPS data from his work truck and gone to his work site. Even just flying the drone over it LE was easily able to stop the bedsheet where Shanann was buried.

I just can't wrap my head around how he could have possibly thought he'd get away with it.

Thank you for doing this! Personally, I would like to know the content of his texts and any voicemail to SW after the murders as I would like to know if he was indeed setting up a scenario whereby she would take the girls to drive off to NC ... and just did not have time to later set the scene for this and take her car who knows where! This way he hoped they would go “missing” somewhere along the way and not from home.
Yeah. I definitely would like to know what he planned to make this crime look like, and how he planned to do it.

He’s so dumb, the answer would probably involve an alien abduction scenario, to which his fan club would likely respond:

“Well, anything is possible.”

Yeah. I definitely would like to know what he planned to make this crime look like, and how he planned to do it.

He’s so dumb, the answer would probably involve an alien abduction scenario, to which his fan club would likely respond:

“Well, anything is possible.”
We have to think like him to figure him out, but it's not easy to do because we are not dumb.

I think maybe his plan was to stage a scene so that no one would be looking for them. So first thing in the morning, he called the school to disenroll the children.
Yikes, but then he called a realtor to sell the house.
I give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member