GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 3D ultrasound I saw of Baby Nico, he appeared to have the same forehead as Bella. Poor sweet little soul who was never given the chance to take his first breath. And I am forever traumatized at the circumstances of his "birth". Along with Bella, Cece and Shanann. No words.
Yep I cried when I saw that.

No offense, but, my husband and I lived in two different states for way longer than six weeks. Hubby did not annihilate our family when we were able to be together again.
I'm not giving the 6 week trip as a reason for him to kill her! I just think it's not good to be apart that long. I don't think many husbands would agree to this and Chris being so quiet most likely never said anything. It's sad to read a post saying he couldn't keep his hands off Shanann before she left and then during the 6 weeks he became armoured and distracted by Nicole at work.

That's why I said that I need to know WHEN she called LE. I think we've come full circle now, lol. I posted this earlier but maybe you didn't see it. Why would they put a packet together to locate and attempt to interview her if she had already called?

Pg 640 (Discovery pg 723)

ACTION TAKEN: On 8/15/2018 I, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Investigative Analyst JILLIAN GANLEY, created a Law Enforcement Support Packet for NICHOL KESSINGER. KESSINGER is the girlfriend of CHRIS WATTS. The support packet was created so CBI Agents, Frederick PD Detectives, and FBI Agents could locate and attempt to interview her.

I researched criminal and public data sources to determine current address of subject, current contact information, employment history and criminal history. I completed searches in CCIC/NCIC, TLO, CLEAR,LUMEN, ZTEXT, CO Courts, Facebook and Instagram. The information found was forwarded to AIC KIRBY LEWIS, FBI ANALYST LIZ DAWSON, and CBI AGENT KEVIN KOBACK and was further disseminated from there.

ATTACHMENTS:
Law Enforcement Support Packet, LPR Search for KESSINGER’S vehicle, KESSINGER’S phone records received from Verizon Wireless on an exigency request.

Thanks so much PommyMommy, keeping things in order. It's MOST likely, NK knew the police were onto her, she didn't come forward immediately for whatever her reasons but yep, she wasn't forthcoming, isn't that what the DA said? Or, maybe, she missed a call from them and returned it so it appears she made contact first.

If NK contacted LE earlier and hadn't erased her phone messages, she'd be viewed in a much better light! Lessons learned for everyone. #lecturehatoff

it seems to me many people have a difficult time with the concept of evil so they try and find a reason why someone would murder their family-- there are evil people out there--some are thrill killers, some hide their evil behind a mask of apparent loving behavior, but underneath lurks evil and when something triggers that evil, the mask falls away and we are left with someone like Chris Watts
And it is a natural response to want to blame someone, but in this case the victims were blameless. Blame is all on CW, and on his family IMOO

I do not think being gone 6 weeks is good for your marriage.
I posted above I have teacher friends who visit family for 5 or 6 weeks in the summer. I also have friends whose husbands take long term job assignments away from home. They have very strong healthy marriages. Everyone is different, while I would not want to be away from my husband that long, I have absolutely no concerns that doing so would harm our marriage.

I'm not giving the 6 week trip as a reason for him to kill her! I just think it's not good to be apart that long. I don't think many husbands would agree to this and Chris being so quiet most likely never said anything. It's sad to read a post saying he couldn't keep his hands off Shanann before she left and then during the 6 weeks he became armoured and distracted by Nicole at work.
Funny you should say that. I found this a bit odd, something her dad said in an interview about the original plan was not to stay for 6 weeks.

upload_2018-11-28_0-37-22.png

Page 681 Discovery.

It was 5 weeks. Too long for what? Shanann shouldn't trust leaving CW home alone for 5 weeks? I don't understand the implications? People work away or in the military for longer stretches.
Agree, if you can’t be apart for an extended amount of time for fear you will damage your marriage, you don’t have a good marriage.

NK was sending the nude photos to insure the opposite would happen. If she really wanted him to work things out,
she would have completely ended the relationship. Instead she manipulated him into thinking he needed to work thing out with his wife. Just like his parents manipulated him.

Maybe "manipulated" is not the right word. Chris was used to someone making the decisions for him, and doing things for him. His parents, and then, Shanann, who ran the family budget, and it seems, made the most decisions about the house, the kids, etc.

Actually, his affair and the need to do something about it was probably the first time the responsibility fell on Chris. And the only time Chris was trusted with own decision, he chose to annihilate his family.

Maybe there is a reason why no one, ever, delegated him with making own decision, why he was a pampered child? Why Shanann told him what to do and bossed him around, per coworkers? See what he did when left to own resources!

I hope they perform neurocognitive tests for CW.

(It seems they liked to Google in life-changing moments. Perhaps if CW merely Googled, "I don't love my wife. I am saddled with debts. I have an affair with another woman whom I think I love dearly and my wife does not know, but is starting to guess. I want to marry the other woman, but I have two kids, and the third one on the way. On top of it, my paramour is my coworker. What should I do?", and went with Google's advise?)

Last edited:
Funny you should say that. I found this a bit odd, something her dad said in an interview about the original plan was not to stay for 6 weeks.

View attachment 157373

Page 681 Discovery.
He explains she decided to stay longer because she would not be able to fly further along in the pregnancy.

Would one more lie really make that much of a difference to your assessment of her?
And that’s the point. Even if she didn’t lie about that aspect, she’s still no hero.

This, despite how she portrayed herself in that Denver Post article.

My opinion of her is what it is.

She lost me when she Googled “Amber Frey book deal.”
I don’t like it, but I can see that these were her private thoughts. All of a sudden she was thrust into a reality where she was just like Amber Frey. We don’t know that she’ll write a book, but I can understand why she would be interested in learning about what became of a Amber Frey. She must have been in the state of shock when she realized she had been carriying on with a quadruple murderer. I sure would be.

Way too long for what?

This was a planned trip for grandparents to see their grandchildren. Shanann documented her reasoning in an above cited Facebook post.

Mothers and fathers, husbands and wives, spend up to a year apart during military deployments, for instance.

5 weeks apart ain’t nothing.

Military deployments are not by choice as are many long such separations. I myself when I first saw the 6 week vacation thought it was odd, especially being pregnant with two small children. It raised a red flag to me at the beginning. But that is me and I do not think it would have been something I would have done for that long. Plus I had to many animals that needed me. Being a mother with a home to take care of and little children and being pregnant is not an easy feat to take off for 6 weeks. I have known many people that have flown cross country to take the kids to see family and the longest any of them have gone is 2 weeks max. Somehow SW was able to do it.
As things came out and her not being able to fly later in pregnancy and two families to visit I could see the 6 week length especially when CW did spend that sixth week there at the end. Time does go by fast and flights are not cheap cross country. The kids got to see the ocean and did fun things (except for Nutgate) and see family. I can bet they had a blast.
I know I am not the only one that felt this way as I have seen it posted many times and just thought I would throw my little 2 cents in on the matter...….:)

I want us all to agree this is true ( Discovery page 1925/1740 of 1960) But everyone here is saying it didn’t happen.
"A two-day investigation revealed Watts was involved in an affair with Nicole Kissinger which he had denied in previous interviews. The affair was only discovered after Kessinger contacted your affiant stating she had information regarding this investigation. In an interview with investigators (08/15/18) Kissinger disclosed she had been romantically involved with Watts and the relationship began around June of 2018.“
It's inaccurate that "everyone here is saying it didn't happen." What posters are saying is that the Police Officer referenced acknowledged that "he gained information from reading reports and speaking to fellow officers, from reading the statements of the victim and witnesses and through personal investigation." Your quote is from his supplement summary dated 11 October 2018, whereas there is also a good, factual timeline posters are going by. At best, NK coming forward was simultaneous to Anadarko delivering CW digital footprint to LE including his emails exchanged with NK over their network. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time