GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference for me is that he raised his voice because he believed that was what he supposed to do to be assertive in his denial because his hollow-voiced denials hadn't convinced them. We have to remember that he's so devoid of normal emotions he was having to google what it felt like when someone said "I love you." We know it wasn't because of lack of being told and shown that regularly by Shan'ann. He had experienced other people's love but he's so numb he didn't know the descriptive words for it.
That type doesn't feel love because whatever they are they can't. All they can do is copy/mimic real human beings.

I've always felt that finances were a large part of it. He's a soulless, selfish individual who had no desire to share what he felt entitled to with his wife of 8 years. (He admitted in questioning that the USAA account was Shan'ann's from before and was used to make house payments. So he even wanted whatever was left of her money from before the marriage.) He didn't want to have to pay child support, maintain insurance, or even coparent. Part of wanting rid of them all was always about financial gain. One of the first people he called the next morning was the realtor...
I missed the part about the bank account. I always thought he called the realtor because he knew he would certainly lose the house without Shanann helping him. They were already behind on the payments. Selling makes sense. Not that day of course. I read all the documents or so I thought but I apparently missed a whole section pertaining to finances and him smothering the girls with his hands.

I have from the day I watched his interview believed he was guilty. Now that I have read the evidence, I don't really see a smoking gun. I guess I thought their would be a time of death or something that pointed to him and him alone that killed them. Don't get me wrong, I still believe he killed them all. I guess I am just trying to figure out what made him confess to killing the girls, after he denied it so strongly.

I think the smoking gun is that the story he told about seeing his wife killing the babies, does not fit with the autopsy results.

He described clearly, that he 'wrapped his hands around her neck, just as she had done to the girls.'

But the girls were not strangled. So his story is a lie. And there are other problems with his story too.

If you put all of those inconsistencies together, it equals a smoking gun, imo.

In regards to bodies releasing fluids upon death --

Every person I have been around/cared for that passed away has released a small amount of urine and/or stool with death. I'm not sure how quickly afterward, but I know one was within an hour of death.
(I am a Nurse Practitioner but worked a Medical/Surgical unit in my RN days, as well as caring for my mother when she succumbed to cancer).

So sorry, that your Mum succumbed to cancer, but because she was cared by you, I am sure she had the best treatment.
You would have loads of knowledge, being a Nurse, regarding fluid released after death.
Thank you, for this info.

If the spouse had a nervous breakdown then he or she would be mentally ill. It doesn’t make them a bad person.

But when you take those vows of marriage, shouldn’t you stand by that person no matter what? How about for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do we part?

I knew someone who had a mental break due to extreme, on-going stress and she had an affair during that. She cheated on someone very close to me. She was a good person.

I understand why people think it's indicative of character. I don't always think it is. My ex, who is one of the best people I know, cheated on me as well. We split but remain family.

But I don't want to derail the thread with this issue because I don't know that it's that relevant.

And NK was on him about his finances. They worked together on the budget for his apartment. I'd bet he became more concerned just because she was concerned. Meanwhile, he was searching Audi's. o_O
He was concerned because she was. At the same time he enjoyed the high life. I'm wondering what he thinks about at night.

I also see their hand in this horrible tragedy. I hate to say this but I think he may have been the best one of the whole bunch until he made the choice to cheat and then to kill. I can also see NK's. I think she made a comment that she wished she had been his first wife and her babies would have been his. Something along those lines. Probably not ever thinking he would kill them all. Although she hasn't ever really seemed horrified by any of it. IMO
In the end CW made his own choices and will pay the consequences. If his family hadn't treated SW so horribly and he had never met NK I wonder if he would have ever become a killer.

Well, both SW and NK share some common traits. Slim brunettes, both strong-willed, both somewhat perfectionistic. Both unafraid to take leadership.

And at the beginning of both relationships, CW behaves in a pleasantly passive manner. Not only this, he is devoted to both.

From the interview with NK, I remember how CW asked her to check on his nutrition - giving her his phone with the app, and she checked his food!

It is my guess that both women fell for his perceived loyalty, both liked his mild manners, both (at the beginning) were ready to have kids.

And in both cases, it is predictable who was/would have been wearing the pants in the family.

NK though CW was more in love with her than she was with him.

Probably. The same, initially, happened with Shanann.

If somehow CW were able to wiggle out of the murder suspicion (could have been if the bodies were not found and he refused the polygraph) and married NK, how soon would he start accumulating anger and rage towards her? She'd have a kid, be preoccupied with this own kid, he'd eventually start thinking "I killed my family for this".

I wonder if it would have become "rinse-repeat" cycle, only with NK.

What a sweetheart. o_O:eek:

"During one exchange, Watts said he gently woke up Shanann, and described rubbing her head and her shoulders, before he left for work. He said he told her he wanted to separate."
'I had no part in any of that:' Newly-released videos show Chris Watts failing polygraph test
Woooh boy! He’s extra special stupid!
It’s like he’s trying to portray his super awesomeness as a gentle and super kind husband!!
How I interpreted it:
“But... I petted her on the head as I told her I wanted out... see how kind I am? I was KIND, darn it! I didn’t do it.”
:eek: Wooooow

I knew someone who had a mental break due to extreme, on-going stress and she had an affair during that. She cheated on someone very close to me. She was a good person.

I understand why people think it's indicative of character. I don't always think it is. My ex, who is one of the best people I know, cheated on me as well. We split but remain family.

But I don't want to derail the thread with this issue because I don't know that it's that relevant.
I think as people we all make mistakes, and most are discreet about affairs. Not all cheaters are bad people. Life definitely goes through phases.

He was pretty taken up with what money could buy though. Googling expensive cars and jewellery and vacation spots.
Oh I believe he enjoyed their way of life and expected to continue to live that way. I don't think he ever thought that Shanann made good money and that's a big part of how they could live that lifestyle. I must have missed some of the documents because I never saw their searches. He just never appeared to know much about their finances unless that is yet another thing I missed.

Hi: I'm new here. This case is so devastating and I have so many questions, especially about Nichol. I read through the documents, and it looks like Nichol was watching Shan'ann's facebook (I know she denies it but her google searches show otherwise). She had been to the Watts' house twice, and Chris told her he slept in the basement bedroom, not the upstairs bedroom. Shan'ann posted the details of her trip and her flight back on Facebook ("Can't wait to get back to Chris and the girls!"), so I feel it's quite likely Nichol knew about Shan'ann's return, especially because Nichol seemed anxious to have Chris move into an apartment and to make sure he was sincere about leaving Shan'ann. But when Chris facetimed Nichol after the murders with the sheets off the bed, he was in the upstairs bedroom - she knew that because she'd been in the house and knew only the upstairs bedroom had a tv. So, where did she think Shan'ann was? Wouldn't she have asked?
welcome freya :)
this was sunday night chris and NK facetimed.
shanann didn't get home till 2am.

what it eludes to and there is a bit of a growing list...is were the girls murdered at this point or not??

for me it supports it.
but its an accumulation.
shanann asked for live time pics of the girls and he gave her ones from earlier in the day.
the neighbour seen him outside by himself in the evening.
him stripping beds late in the evening??
talking about the girls beds smelled?
well where werethey sleeping?
last proven contact anyone had with the girls was 7.05 I believe with a facetime to shananns parents for 10 mins roughly.

moo

He's well aware he did it. He just doesn't want other people in his life to be.
I agree that he’ll never provide an honest admission of exactly what he did. In his polygraph interview, he said something about not being a ‘monster who could kill his own children’... I can’t picture what would motivate him to admit to being a ‘monster’ now... IMO

I missed the part about the bank account. I always thought he called the realtor because he knew he would certainly lose the house without Shanann helping him. They were already behind on the payments. Selling makes sense. Not that day of course. I read all the documents or so I thought but I apparently missed a whole section pertaining to finances and him smothering the girls with his hands.
What I was referencing about the account that was hers was in the interrogation video. I stayed up far too late listening to it last night. They were outstanding in how they reeled him in inch-by-inch, reversing roles between who was praising and who was pressing like a well-rehearsed tag team. Excellent, impressive work on their part to meet their goal of getting SW's and the girls' bodies home for the family and the case. I will say though he was very predictable in his responses to their tactics. They knew they were going to get him, it was just a matter of investing the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap