GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Add to that what experts were saying from the beginning about how the information he was supplying about what she supposedly did were things that only the murderer's perspective would have given.

Then add to it all of the slips the majority of us here noticed even in the first interview, everything from body language to Freudian Slips.
His interview and the lack of concern he showed for his family was enough to convince me. It's still hard to believe that someone as concerned with his image as Chris is, and had never committed a crime went straight to 4 murders. Then show absolutely no emotion. That's cold.

I ageee with you that his parents had a different slant from the DA and SW’s parents in asking for a full confession/admission/accounting. My reply to the previous post was just to show that not everyone agrees that by pleading guilty, CW has fully admitted/fully confessed. IMO

He confessed, under oath, to killing the babies. What else do you need him to say?

As another poster already pointed out: she sanctimoniously gives her spiel about encouraging CW to try to save his marriage after sending him naked photos during the exact week he was supposed to follow her advice in mending his marriage.

20:07 he talks about how Shanann didn't want him selling Thrive direct because he would 'say too much' before they talked to her lol. Just like he is doing right now! His wife KNEW him more than he thought she did. She was right to be super suspicious. Too bad she wasn't MORE assertive with him about making him tell her what was wrong.

Edit: CW was basically an only child from 10 on. Never thought about that before.

28:30 or so, he says Jamie and Cindy argued a lot and he would be a pleaser and do what his parents wanted. Much like my and my brother's situation though he's 3 years younger, kid could do no wrong!

Last edited:
I think his lawyers helped him to see the light. They likely explained that people were not going to believe the story, the way he had told it to LE. Add to that inconsistent story, the affair and the various cell logs, and the video from the neighbors, and the bodies and the gruesome way he dumped them. The jury was not going to side with him and they would hear the entire, horrid story, as would the nation and the world.
I think his lawyers helped him to see the light. They likely explained that people were not going to believe the story, the way he had told it to LE. Add to that inconsistent story, the affair and the various cell logs, and the video from the neighbors, and the bodies and the gruesome way he dumped them. The jury was not going to side with him and they would hear the entire, horrid story, as would the nation and the world.
I'm guessing in his mind he could plead guilty to save his image. I'm not sure why he might of thought people would still think he was a nice guy when he confessed to killing Shanann. I bet he is furious all this is coming to light anyway.

His interview and the lack of concern he showed for his family was enough to convince me. It's still hard to believe that someone as concerned with his image as Chris is, and had never committed a crime went straight to 4 murders. Then show absolutely no emotion. That's cold.
That's the stuff of sociopathy/psychopathy. It will be interesting to see if his DNA ever matches up with crimes in a database down the road for cold cases.

But he still yelled and cried. Couldn't cry over the deaths of his family, but could cry when he knew the whole world was going to find out what a monster he was.
Creep.

Maybe he thought it made a better cover story for why he strangled SW... She strangled, so he strangled... IMO
In the interview he said smothered first to his dad and the Dad said smothered? or Choked? I don't know why I am trying to figure out how his mind works when clearly his thoughts aren't logical.

But he still yelled and cried. Couldn't cry over the deaths of his family, but could cry when he knew the whole world was going to find out what a monster he was.
Creep.
YES!! Cried and boohooed over his coworkers knowing what he did. And this whole time we thought he cared what his parents thought. And for his Dad to say I know he still loves his little girls. LIES! There is no way he had an ounce of love for them. If he did, he couldn't have done what he did.

I wonder if the Trinastiches could elaborate on this. I believe they are the first to indicate that CW had any kind of temper.. I don’t recall seeing this in Discovery?
They said a little more here.

Christopher and Shanann Watts' neighbors heard them "flat-out screaming"
NT goes on to tell Coonrod that he often hears the Watts fighting verbally. The last time he heard them fight was before Shanann Watts went to North Carolina, he said.

"To be completely honest with you, my wife and I were wondering when she was on vacation if something happened, because I've heard them flat-out screaming at each other at the top of their lungs, and he gets crazy," he said.

NT also thought that Watts was acting suspicious, talking more than he usually did and "trying to cover his tracks."

Maybe he thought it made a better cover story for why he strangled SW... She strangled, so he strangled... IMO
I've been pondering that too because it appeared to me he and his dad had discussed a plan in the event he got cornered and then CW veered off the path. The best I've come up with so far (and I'm open to other ideas) is he was foolish enough to have been led by the interrogators having offered a similar scenario. They had presented something he thought they found believable already so he grabbed onto it and went with it. He believed he was choosing the path of least resistance.

YES!! Cried and boohooed over his coworkers knowing what he did. And this whole time we thought he cared what his parents thought. And for his Dad to say I know he still loves his little girls. LIES! There is no way he had an ounce of love for them. If he did, he couldn't have done what he did.
And nor did they love those little girls. Their disgusting TV appearances were all about the grudges that they held against Shanann and hardly mentioned the deaths of their grandchildren. I am pretty sure that they did not want to dwell on the loss of their grandchildren because they knew that their son was responsible for them.

I wanted to ask people who listened to his polygraph exam. At one point I thought I saw him rocking -slightly. At the very beginning. Am I wrong? His speech was slightly monotone, too. Or rather, he is much better with closed-ended questions.

Add to it, not understanding metaphors (Googling "the distance between the moon and the earth), his quietness at school as a kid...in short, could Chris have auditory processing disorder?

Auditory processing disorder - Wikipedia

It is more difficult to diagnose in adults than in kids.

And while he obviously had no dyslexia, understood texting very well and made no mistakes in writing, could he virtually misinterpret spoken words?

Thus, if someone says, "I want you to resolve this problem", implying "the divorce", or "I shall not see you until you resolve it", God knows what he will hear.

Because I don't understand why he sent the text "my family is gone" to NK. As if reporting on mission accomplished.

As to her, overproductive speech seems to be her constant trait, according to her dad.

How can a verbal communication with such a talkative woman be reconstructed by a man who might have problems processing spoken speech? Who knows.

We're listening to her interview, are we suppose to gloss over it? I'm sure the public aren't scrutinizing it like we are, it will pass. We had 3 months of people accusing Shanann of all kinds of things, she was such an easy target, and she was the VICTIM. If this wasn't a victim friendly site, do you think blaming Shanann wouldn't continue?
BBM- I look forward to when it does pass. IMO it's unproductive and gets us nowhere.

I'm not sure what SW has to do with my comment, <modsnip - rude> I'm not aware of anyone blaming Shanann.

Last edited by a moderator:
And nor did they love those little girls. Their disgusting TV appearances were all about the grudges that they held against Shanann and hardly mentioned the deaths of their grandchildren. I am pretty sure that they did not want to dwell on the loss of their grandchildren because they knew that their son was responsible for them.
I agree. Why would someone take a chance with nuts around their grandchildren, knowing they were allergic, if they loved them? Even if they didn't believe her, they were willing to inflict pain at the least and death at the most, to prove they were right. There is no excuse!

I have yet to ever see them acknowledge Nico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member